Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SherriCwik Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:40:56 AM(UTC)
SherriCwik

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 124 post(s)
So I have not been on here in close to 2 years now...wow has it been that long...I just had so life issues come up (divorce, moving, lost my job, my daddy died and my mom moved out of state). So I haven't done much scrapbooking for awhile and I am ready to get back into it!

So here's my dilema (finally)....I am going to an all day scrap event and it is unlikely that I can use my Cricut...So I am having trouble organizing myself so I can make use of every moment I have there. I know I want to make a wedding album for my nephew who was married in Dec...but I usually scrap and cut at the sametime...so my question for you is....

How do you prepare yourself and supplies for an all day scrap event where you cannot use the cricut?Blushing
SallyS Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:31:47 AM(UTC)
SallyS

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Yes this a hard one. If you know the theme and colors you could cut some cricut embellishments at hoe Otherwise since you are doing a wedding, decide on colors and take the background papers My friend usually puts the pictures on the paper then embellishes late I know not much help but good luck and have fun
 1 user thanked SallyS for this useful post.
SherriCwik on 3/20/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:14:01 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7585 time(s) in 4441 post(s)
Can you use your Cricut at home, before you go? It sounds like you're saying there won't be a Cricut where you're going to be scrapbooking? If you can use one at home, I would definitely cut out ALL my cuts I need for the layouts I'm going to do (I don't go to crops, but I hear my DSIL talk about it all the time; she goes to them). One friend she has cuts out all her cuts for 40-50 layouts (yes, she's super, super organized) and all the embellishments and she gets them done.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
MotoMomof2 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:54:07 PM(UTC)
MotoMomof2

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 321 time(s) in 253 post(s)
I bought a cheap photo book $1, at Walmart and I slide my cuts in to the pockets. If I have time to put them together at home they stay clean and dont get bent or ripped. If I dont have time all my cuts stay in the same pocket, that way everything is together when I get to the crop. I always cut more than I think I will use, that way I usually have enough to keep me busy. Have fun at your crop
 1 user thanked MotoMomof2 for this useful post.
SherriCwik Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:28:05 PM(UTC)
SherriCwik

Thanks so much...I was afraid that was the answer....Blink I usually like to start scrapping and make the embellishments as I go...but now i have to be super organized...Blushing I started getting my pictures ready this week so I guess next week its time for embellishments.Flapper

Great idea about how to store the cuts though so they don't get damaged... Thanks for the help!
 1 user thanked SherriCwik for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/20/2013(UTC)
ScrapyPiggy Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:44:03 PM(UTC)
ScrapyPiggy

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 163 post(s)
Are you sure about not being able to use your cricut? Many crop sites now include access to power supplies so you can bring and use your electric cutters.

You may want to check with your crop site or hostess to see if a power supply would be available for you to use - may require an extenstion cord but at least you would be able to use your cricut.

SherriCwik Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:27:36 AM(UTC)
SherriCwik

Originally Posted by: ScrapyPiggy Go to Quoted Post
Are you sure about not being able to use your cricut? Many crop sites now include access to power supplies so you can bring and use your electric cutters.

You may want to check with your crop site or hostess to see if a power supply would be available for you to use - may require an extenstion cord but at least you would be able to use your cricut.

I have actually been to this crop before and there "may" be outlets available but I was not wanting to count on it...but with the way I scrap I have to be organized ahead of time. Which is okayFlapper I'm just not that good at being organized for scrap events like this. I'm more of a home scrapper I guess.

thanks so much for all of your suggestions.