Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SoniaScrapAlot Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:25:07 PM(UTC)
SoniaScrapAlot

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I have 3 paper trimmers and am not exited about any of them. It seems as if the ones where the blade runs down on a cable, always end up giving me a slight curve in the cut. I need my paper to stay put while I am cutting it, but I don't want it to be locked-down so that it is a chore picking up the cutting guide every time I want to move the paper around, and I need the blade to cut in a straight line. It would be nice to have a scoring/folding blade option as well. I would really rather not buy all the available trimmers out there just to find the one that works best. (My husband would rather I not as well!) So, I thought this would be a great place to get some wonderful advise and draw on all that wonderful wisdom and experience that exists on this board. I would love to hear what you all like and don't like about your trimmers.
Lissa Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:37:53 AM(UTC)
Lissa

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 220 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Im with you on not buying them all. I have the chopping style blade and the fishers. I have tried rotary trimmers and couldn't stand it. I currently use the fiskars with the blade and. Bought the scoring blade separately. I have hade the problem and still do about the slight curve. I started watching YouTube tutorials and they are quite interesting because I noticed everyone cuts their paper with th blade going toward them. I haven't perfected it yet but it is helping.