Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CountryTwinkle Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 2:00:06 PM(UTC)
CountryTwinkle

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 67 post(s)
I have windows 8 and manage to get ccr to work for me before. Then I changed my antivirus to avast and now I can't get it to work. I don't know if it is the avast or maybe ccr is just down. I've done all I can do to get it up. Anyone else have this problem.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 2:04:02 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 765 time(s) in 343 post(s)
I am going to try and answer your question based on what support had me do when I was trying to get my mother setup with ccr on her new computer. You have to tell your virus program to like ccr and I know there are 2 files that you have to tell it to allow. I think I posted this somewhere and I will try to find it and be right back

the 2 files you have to add as trusted are ccrbridge.exe and cricut-caftroom.exe. Also on another note, by DIL got a new laptop with windows 8 and my son figured out that it had to run in capatibility mode for it to work in win8.

I have the step by step instructions that pc emailed me to do the antivirus fix for avast f you would like me to email, just pm me with your address and I will forward. As far as how toset the the capatibility for windows 8, I'm not sure since my son actually did it but I know I have seen the instructions posted on the mb before somewhere.

Edited by user Friday, March 08, 2013 2:12:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Eleanor Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 2:31:07 PM(UTC)
Eleanor

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Here is the info I copied off the board from Narelle. Hope it helps.
Windows 8 and Cricut Craftroom
Right click on the CCR icon on your desktop
Select Properties
Select the Compatibility Tab

Make the following changes:
Check off Run program as Window 7

Run program as Administrator

As sewnmachine mentioned you may also have to add cricutcraftroom.exe and ccrbridge.exe as exceptions/exclusions to your anti-virus program.

Narelle also has written a lot of good information. See the blog http://cricutcraftroomblog.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps.

Eleanor
CountryTwinkle Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 3:41:37 PM(UTC)
CountryTwinkle

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Olivia's Nana I sent you a pm.

Eleanor thanks for the info but I have already done that from before so I am confused as to what my problem is.

Thanks
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 7:59:48 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7555 time(s) in 4426 post(s)
I have been wondering if everyone has their SECURITY settings too high in other areas of our computers where we set them and/or they are default settings by those who set up our computers.

What kind of computer are you using? Would you want to try something....it can't hurt, and if it doesn't work you can go back and get the settings back to what they were before we change them.

I know I was having some computer problems (nothing to do with CCR, though) a year or so ago and found I had my security settings too high in my internet options....and, when I set them a little lower, it helped my problems. I know these aren't the same problems; I still think there's some common denominator in how we all have things set up on our own computers....because so many of us don't have the incessant problems others have. I don't believe it is ALL PC's problem.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, March 09, 2013 5:51:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Olivia'sNana Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 4:10:25 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 765 time(s) in 343 post(s)
countrytwinkle, I forwarded to your email the avast instructions that pc sent to me. Hope it gets you up and going!