Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

melissa_faulkenberg12f438c7 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 6:52:12 PM(UTC)
melissa_faulkenberg12f438c7

Groups: Registered

I am trying to do a page border, and I'm having trouble. I want to border to be merged with the page...so I don't want a separate thin border. When I view the border, I see only the thin image....how do I get it to border my actual page?

Also, I want to keep the same size of the border except for the length...I need it to be longer to fit the page. I see how I can duplicate the image to keep repeating, but I don't think this is how it's supposed to be done....

Thanks for your help!!
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 8:05:34 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 4432 post(s)
I have pulled up a border from my cartridges....didn't know which one you're working with or I would have used that one.

See the wider one I have the handles around (when you click on an image to get the box around the image)? The down arrow on the underside will allow you to pull the image wider. Do that while you're lengthening the image to the length you want it. It just makes it easier, sometimes, to do this.

There is also a right arrow on the right end. Click on it and while holding the click on it, drag it out as far as you want it to go. You can use the upper left circle to move the whole image as far left as you want it on the mat. Then, you should be able to pull the right arrow all the way over to the right. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE to go past the yellow fringes on the CCR mat. So, in effect, you will not get the image to cut all across the page, but you can just cut at the ends of the pages with scissors if that's what you need to do. EDITED....I didn't say this right. You can pull the image as far as you want to pull it as long as it doesn't go past the yellow fringes. When you get the top and bottom situated where you want them on the mat.....go ahead and get the sides on. Click the left side to get the handles and move the left image up into the top left edge of the top image. Go down to the arrow you can click on to stretch the image just slightly down to the bottom image touching the left edge. Now do this on the right. YOUR CUT SHOULD BE A SQUARE CUT OF THE BORDER. Scrapalette is right; it can't be 12X12, but it can be 11-1/2X11-1/2.

Now, you can get the width back to where you want the width. At the same time, you can be sure you stay within the image to use the right click on your mouse to get the menu to COPY.

Copy and hit PASTE four times. This will give you your other three sides.

To get the right and left sides, click on your image and get the lower left circular arrow and click on it to turn the image 90deg. If there is a pattern to your image, you may need to use the FLIP menus at the top of CCR to get your pattern the way you want it on the sides and at the bottom.

I hope this helps you.

Char

Sorry, I guess when I hit PRINT SCREEN it took the handles off my image. I'm sure you'll know what I was saying to get the handles/box around the image.

Edited by user Monday, March 04, 2013 10:12:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV attached the following image(s):
Border to Help in CCR.jpg
scrapalette Online
#3 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 8:53:31 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18403 time(s) in 8177 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melissa_faulkenberg12f438c7 Go to Quoted Post
I am trying to do a page border, and I'm having trouble. I want to border to be merged with the page...so I don't want a separate thin border. When I view the border, I see only the thin image....how do I get it to border my actual page?

Also, I want to keep the same size of the border except for the length...I need it to be longer to fit the page. I see how I can duplicate the image to keep repeating, but I don't think this is how it's supposed to be done....

Thanks for your help!!

Your Cricut cannot cut all the way to the edge of the 12x12 mat. There is a 1/4 inch margin on each side that cannot be cut.

To make the border part of the page, you need to WELD the border to a square. However, with CCR, you can't cut any image that is outside the cutting area on the mat. So, you would only be able to get an 11.5x11.5 size. with Design Studio or a Gypsy, you could almost get 12x12 by hand cutting the 1/4 inch on each side of the border.

So if you set the design up in DS or Gypsy, it would look like this example {that I did in CCR} and your Cricut would cut just the scalloped border and you would need to cut the sides. This will not work in CCR because CCR would not cut the square but would cut the bottom edge of the border.
scrapalette attached the following image(s):
A-Test.jpg
Olivia'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 3:33:38 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 767 time(s) in 345 post(s)
If you don't have a 24" mat, I think you can get a full 12" long cut if you trick your machine into thinking you have a 24" mat. Switch ccr to 12x24 mat size, design your image like you want, weld, etc extending your image length to a full 12" width and turn sideways on your virtual mat to where the top (end) of your cut is just inside the top cut boundary (at least 1/4" inside the sticky part). This will extend your paper about a 1/2 outside the cut border at the bottom of your mat. (You have about 1" from the lower cut border to the edge of your mat). So when you cut, your ccr thinks you have a 24" mat and will cut beyond the bottom cut boundary. You may want to run a strip of painters tape along the bottom of your paper since it will be outside the sticky part. I have not actually done this but I can't think of why it wouldn't work. Oh didn't think about this part until i looked at scrapelettes image above. you may also want to scoot your paper over slightly to the left as well to get the cut as close to the bottom of your paper (actually the right side as you would look at it sideways on your mat)as you can. This will get your finished cut as close to being a full 12" X 12" paper with a border cut.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 05, 2013 3:44:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified