Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
DeeScraps Offline
#151 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:23:02 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Hi everyone. I'm just popping in for a quick peek at the new cards. I've been gone all day and just got home. I don't travel well! LOL.

Raquel....I agree about Christine's card. On my computer they also look very dark and orange tinged. I find that getting rid of that "yellow" look to cards is very hard. I still haven't found the best spot to take them in, and I often just "lighten" them on the computer after I save them. Christine, maybe you can experiment with your camera settings or what lights you use.

Sue....I'm so glad you posted your layout. The photos are beautiful and the paper is perfect for a winter scene. I loved the "Mum" card. I liked everything about it....nice colors, nice cuts and nice lace!

Nancy J....What an adorable bunny. Thanks for posting it.

Vickie Bryan....I think I missed your St. Patrick's Day card. Very nice.

Bingo Lady....Very colorful and bright card. I like how you used the cuts, all the embossing and the multiple ribbons give it an extra touch. Do you stamp before or after you emboss?

After reading all the NAME picks, I agree with the person who asked that we put Wednesday in the title.

I like "Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge" (WCSC) or "Wednesday Inspirational Card Challenge." (WICC)

Turtlebug....Thanks for doing this.

Dee

2 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/26/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 2/26/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#152 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:55:48 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
NancyJ,
Love your Easter Bunny Treat Baskets, what a cute idea and it holds just the right amount of candy, too! You did an awesome job on them...kids will ejoy them.

BingoLady
#2 - Love the bright colors and all the layering. The embossing/stamping looks very nice. You need to call the repairman again....I'm not letting you get-away from doing the Sketches I'm posting on Wednesday!!LOL

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:03:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#153 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:15:12 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies,
Here is the list so far of titles some of you have suggested for the our new name change:

·Mojo Maker
·Whimsey’s Wednesday
·Crafters Mojo
·Welcome Wednesday
·Get Your Mojo Going
·No Pressure Challenge
·Creative Cards
·Card Creations
·Creative Card Corner
·My Card Creation
·No Pressure Find Your Mojo
·Flowing Mojo
·Card Sketch No Pressure
·Weekly Inspirational Card Challenge
·Motivational Card Challenge
.Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge

The Following are Incomng Additions"

+Sketch Card Challenge Corner
+Card Sketch Challenge
+Wednesday Inspirational Card Challenge...(WICC)

*** Any of these names may or may not have the words "Sketch", "Cards", or "Challenge" added or deleted. That will have to be something decided upon, also.

Please continue to submit any more suggestions you might have. Suggestions accepted until Tuesday, Feb. 26, midnight (Arizona time). Voting for the top three will be from Wednesday, Feb. 27 to Saturday, March 2. Voting for the winning name will be from Sunday, March 3 to Tuesday March 5, 8pm (Arizona time) at which time I will post on my Host Week the winning name for the Host to use when she posts the new sketches on March 6.
Please IM me your name(s) choice by the deadline times and dates listed above. I will post the results of the votes cast for the three winning names selected and the votes posted for the final winner.
Please be sure to cast your votes as we want this be a collaborative effort, we do not want anyone to be left out or disappointed.
If anyone has an easier/better way to do the voting please let me know, I will appreciate any ideas.
Thank you![Smile

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:23:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AcrossThePond Offline
#154 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:23:39 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Nancy - Another great Easter gift idea.

Turtlebug - I always use atleast 1 1/4 when I cut on DonJuan and when pressing shadow it works it out perfectly for me. I think Christine has the same problem, these machines can't manage too small no matter what they say.

Bingolady - Nice bright card for #2

Sue
AcrossThePond Offline
#155 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:29:42 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Here is the other layout I have made over the last weekend.

It is to go in to a challenge over at www.merlyimpressions.co.uk just click on blog and scroll down to see other layouts and sketch. This is the crop I attend every other month too. There is a little more info on my blog.
The photo is my Mum & Dad taken a few years ago.

Sue

[img]null[/img]
 2 users thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/26/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/26/2013(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#156 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:55:03 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Sue, that is just a very beautiful layout of your Mom and Dad! Gorgeous really! Love those papers you used, and love the layout of the whole thing!

TurtleBug, I guess everyone else is saying their votes on here, so I am saying the same thing as Dee! I choose, "Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge" (WCSC) or "Wednesday Inspirational Card Challenge." (WICC)

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:56:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dragonfly50 Offline
#157 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:02:16 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
I just wanted to say I'd like the words card and sketch included in the name.

Even though it is posted here in the card forum the words card and sketch drew me to this challenge.

I really like the Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge title.

It kind of says it all for me.

D-
CricketCMV Offline
#158 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:31:08 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7603 time(s) in 4452 post(s)
I tried; I really did. The problem is, I started too late. I kept thinking about your sketches and wanted to participate....but, I can't get it going.

This is as far as I will get today.....started yesterday morning and it's very baffling to me. I try to start new things and they don't go so good, so I get discouraged.

Here's what I started with....and the second pic is where I stopped this morning. I don't know if I'll get back to this today, or not.....but, it won't get posted in this thread for this challenge. TOMORROW, when your new challenge comes out, I hope to be on top of it. I will finish this....probably later tonight or tomorrow. BUT, right now, I'm not happy with how it's going. FOR ONE THING, I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE GLITTER DRIES ON THE CARD FRONT!

I am so enjoying all the creations that you have all shared with us; I need to pay attention and learn more so I am more confident when I'm starting my own creations.

Can't wait to see what you start on tomorrow.

Char

Kind of sad, isn't it? I was trying to make transparencies....not liking how the markers work on the clear contact paper, so I might try something else. I wanted the "Happy Birthday" to show through to the flowers on the card itself....since I think the card itself is kind of nice. I also tried to match my own glitter (putting colors together) to match the salmon/pink of the flowers. It didn't come out GREAT, but it was better than any other color of glitter I had on hand.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:35:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV attached the following image(s):
DSCN5231.JPG
DSCN5232.JPG
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#159 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:02:53 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Hello everyone! I'm sorry I'm just getting on now... super busy when the kids go back to school on Mondays and Tuesdays. Of course, I had a busy weekend as usual

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

AcrossThePond:
beautiful layout. I looked at your blog and didn't find the answer I was looking for. Are the two scalloped background precut from Kaisercraft or did you cut those out yourself? This might be the first "shaped" layout I've ever seen. I like the effect

CricketCMV: wow look at all those cuts! Did you use the Cricut markers to draw them before you cut them? I like the effect of those cuts with the darker outlines I can't wait to see when you've finished putting them all together. Please post them whenever you get a chance
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/26/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#160 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:05:33 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
As for voting, #1 Wednesday Inspirational Sketch Challenge and #2 Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge.

Britishgirl – love that shaped card from Wildcard and cute Precious Moments image!

Dee – love your birthday card – great flowers and love your papers!

Sue – TFS your layouts – it does look cold by the lake! I like the use of flourishes and the nature sentiment. Also love your layout with your parents! Gorgeous Mother’s Day card – it certainly is early in the year for you! I like how you dispersed the collection of hearts, and the stick pin, gems and pearls add a nice touch.

Nancy J – TFS your Easter bunny treatholder – looks so great! So many details!

BingoLady – That’s unfortunate about the computer problems – hope it is fixed soon! Nice and bright card – great swirl/flourish!

Char – don’t get discouraged! You can post your creations anytime even if we have started the next challenge. We all start with some idea to follow the sketch and sometimes we go in a complete different direction. Hope you’ll show us the finished product when you’re done.

Dee and Josie and others regarding soda can: Actually the petals aren't sharp once they are cut out. I needed to be careful in cutting open the can. I used a die with my embossing machine and not my Cricut to cut out the flower petals. I might get adventurous and try the Cricut this weekend!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/26/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#161 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:06:37 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

DeeScraps wrote:
Raquel....I find that getting rid of that "yellow" look to cards is very hard. I still haven't found the best spot to take them in, and I often just "lighten" them on the computer after I save them

I tried many different ways of taking pictures of my projects. You'll see that older entries in my blog are all very different. Since I started taking pictures with the white sheet in the back, it has been easier playing with lighting. I too, adjust the lighting using Adobe Photoshop before I post any of them
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#162 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:10:29 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Dragonfly50 wrote:
I just wanted to say I'd like the words card and sketch included in the name.

Even though it is posted here in the card forum the words card and sketch drew me to this challenge.

I really like the Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge title.

It kind of says it all for me.

D-

DeeScraps wrote:
After reading all the NAME picks, I agree with the person who asked that we put Wednesday in the title.

I like "Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge" (WCSC) or "Wednesday Inspirational Card Challenge." (WICC)

Dee

I'll have to agree that I like Wednesday in the title because we've had so many people in the past asking "when does it start?" or "when does it end?" and giving it an actual day will allow people to know a definite starting and ending point for the challenge... like Mojo Monday does
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#163 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:14:15 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Ok... I didn't get to post my sketch 2... my camera ran out of juice so it needs to be charged. I will have to just post it during the next challenge

I "scrap-lifted" Sandy's milkshake card (sort of) and using the yummy Ad colors Dee gave us.

I hope you don't mind Sandy!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#164 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:17:25 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

By the way...

... where can I get those yummy sparkly sticky dots?

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:18:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#165 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:50:03 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
I think it's your lighting. I can see your cards were photographed in front of your Cricut and even your Cricut is orange. When I first started here... my pictures were all coming out similar to yours. Someone told me to mess around with different lighting settings and I tried a LOT! Outdoors worked well for a long time then rainy season started... hah hah! Anyway, I can see all the details on your cards so that's good

Raquel, sorry my house does have poor lighting and there is nothing I can do about that! Just the way it is I'm afraid! I took that picture with a lamp directly up above. So that was the most I could do. :)
#166 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:52:45 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Okay got to work on my other nephews card today. I still haven't even begun to think about this weeks challenge. Sorry. Maybe next week? Here's a look at his card I made. Sorry if it is blurry. I have very poor lighting in my house and there's not much I can do to fix that. No worry though, I'll be moving in a few months and can resolve that issue pretty quickly~ LOL~

The card was done as a layered card from "Just Because" cards cartridge~http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag44/Harley19721/Jacob001_zps295b2ab7.jpg
#167 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:54:36 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Raquel....I agree about Christine's card. On my computer they also look very dark and orange tinged. I find that getting rid of that "yellow" look to cards is very hard. I still haven't found the best spot to take them in, and I often just "lighten" them on the computer after I save them. Christine, maybe you can experiment with your camera settings or what lights you use.

I can try. . .but again it is my lighting in my house, so I don't know if I can make it any better or not. But will do my best! :)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#168 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:58:33 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
Raquel, sorry my house does have poor lighting and there is nothing I can do about that! Just the way it is I'm afraid! I took that picture with a lamp directly up above. So that was the most I could do. :)

Awww... I know exactly how that is. I used to have that problem. I have an LED lamp now that I use and the software I use to edit my pictures have a nice feature that makes the dark coloring go away. Good luck with your move!

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#169 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:00:26 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
Okay got to work on my other nephews card today. I still haven't even begun to think about this weeks challenge. Sorry. Maybe next week? Here's a look at his card I made. Sorry if it is blurry. I have very poor lighting in my house and there's not much I can do to fix that. No worry though, I'll be moving in a few months and can resolve that issue pretty quickly~ LOL~

The card was done as a layered card from "Just Because" cards cartridge~http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag44/Harley19721/Jacob001_zps295b2ab7.jpg

Since you're using Photobucket to store your cards, have you tried linking it here directly? Use the "Insert Image" icon above and paste your link above to it. Unfortunately, some people's computer have trouble following links or it takes them forever so they don't bother clicking on external links posted here

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:01:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

TurtleBug Offline
#170 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:00:42 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

I also like “Wednesday” somewhere in the title but, IMO “Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge” has a very generic sound to me, I would prefer a really catchy-sounding title. Everyone readily identifies with Mojo Monday, Tuesday Mornings, Sheri’s Crafts….two words…roll off the tongue kind of names. The first two don’t even say what they are about, yet are very popular sites. RAQ’s Challenge even sounds better! “Wednesday’s Card Corner” (WCC),anyone!!? Smile

Has taken me over 30 mins to type this post. My computer is acting up, dropping letters, really slow and acting weird. If I continue having problems later tonight, won't post tomorrows sketches until then, sorry!

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:46:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#171 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:09:01 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
Hello ladies, we are back! Had a fabulous time, no big winnings but had fun and ate good. Glad to be back but will take me a lot of time to read through and clean out all my emails.

Will be back as Raquel suggested and vote on my name choices.
Thanks Josie for taking care of this tedious job. Crying
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/26/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#172 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:19:55 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post

·Mojo Maker
·Whimsey’s Wednesday
·Crafters Mojo
·Welcome Wednesday
·Get Your Mojo Going
·No Pressure Challenge
·Creative Cards
·Card Creations
·Creative Card Corner
·My Card Creation
·No Pressure Find Your Mojo
·Flowing Mojo
·Card Sketch No Pressure #2 choice "Wednesday's No Pressure Card Sketch Challenge"
·Weekly Inspirational Card Challenge My #1 choice but to add the Wednesday like many suggested it could be "Wednesday Inspirational Card Challenge" I personally like the word Inspirational in there.
·Motivational Card Challenge
.Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge #3 choice

The Following are Incomng Additions"

+Sketch Card Challenge Corner
+Card Sketch Challenge
+Wednesday Inspirational Card Challenge...(WICC)
** OOPS LOL I guess that is what I put for my #1 choice Pays to read on LOLBlushing

Again Josie takes for taking on this job.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:22:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: oops

CricketCMV Offline
#173 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:21:55 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Hello everyone! I'm sorry I'm just getting on now... super busy when the kids go back to school on Mondays and Tuesdays. Of course, I had a busy weekend as usual

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

AcrossThePond:
beautiful layout. I looked at your blog and didn't find the answer I was looking for. Are the two scalloped background precut from Kaisercraft or did you cut those out yourself? This might be the first "shaped" layout I've ever seen. I like the effect

CricketCMV: wow look at all those cuts! Did you use the Cricut markers to draw them before you cut them? I like the effect of those cuts with the darker outlines I can't wait to see when you've finished putting them all together. Please post them whenever you get a chance

Yes, Raquel....I LOVE using the MARKERS. I think they give added dimension to most images. I don't use them all the time, though. I did try to work on my card (the first sketch) during the day, but we were in and out....and I wasn't getting the effect I wanted with the transparent cuts, so I'm going to scratch that idea. I might be able to work on it a little more tomorrow.

Thanks.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/27/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#174 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:24:50 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

By the way...

... where can I get those yummy sparkly sticky dots?

I probably bought them at Michael's on sale. Everything thing I have is probably over a year old (I have not been buying much the past year....as I have too much as it is and am trying TO USE MY STASH)!

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/27/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#175 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:29:13 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: christineramey8b61e521 Go to Quoted Post

I can try. . .but again it is my lighting in my house, so I don't know if I can make it any better or not. But will do my best! :)

christine....I know what you mean about lighting. When I took the picture (the one Raquel reposted) to put on here, today, it was dark outside. My overhead light in my kitchen (even though it has four lights) is not the greatest....with the new lighting we're all urged to invest in these days. I hate that lighting.

I do usually take pictures in the daytime....so, any daylight that you can get coming in from a window in the daytime (and, maybe you're not around to do this in the daytime) is better than any lighting we might use. Just a thought. I am not very good at taking pictures. By the grace of daylight, I do better than usual.

Char
Dragonfly50 Offline
#176 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:46:52 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Char- Please remember this is a no pressure challenge thread.
That means do not put the pressure on yourself girl!!
If you get them done great if you don't post them later when you do.
Just have fun and do what you can do when you can do it.
Hugs D-

1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/27/2013(UTC)
#177 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:33:55 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Since you're using Photobucket to store your cards, have you tried linking it here directly? Use the "Insert Image" icon above and paste your link above to it. Unfortunately, some people's computer have trouble following links or it takes them forever so they don't bother clicking on external links posted here

No I have not tried that yet. . .may do that next round! :)
#178 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:35:23 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
christine....I know what you mean about lighting. When I took the picture (the one Raquel reposted) to put on here, today, it was dark outside. My overhead light in my kitchen (even though it has four lights) is not the greatest....with the new lighting we're all urged to invest in these days. I hate that lighting.

I do usually take pictures in the daytime....so, any daylight that you can get coming in from a window in the daytime (and, maybe you're not around to do this in the daytime) is better than any lighting we might use. Just a thought. I am not very good at taking pictures. By the grace of daylight, I do better than usual.

Char

Char I usually do take my pictures in the daytime, this one I didn't. I may have to do that next time and just wait till the lighting is better! UGH! So frustrating!
 1 user thanked christineramey8b61e521 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/27/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#179 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:30:33 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: christineramey8b61e521 Go to Quoted Post
Char I usually do take my pictures in the daytime, this one I didn't. I may have to do that next time and just wait till the lighting is better! UGH! So frustrating!

I know what you mean....I have my own problems taking pics of my cards. It's not the end of the world, though. We just try something different next time. - Char
CricketCMV Offline
#180 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:32:29 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

My card is drying.....it might take hours! LOL. I am so proud of myself finishing up the card I started on Wednesday morning. It didn't turn out perfect as I wanted it to, but it was a learning experience and I may just save it as a reminder of an easy card to make and make several more this year.

I'll try to post in the morning or later tonight.

Char