Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<1234>»
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:27:50 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Thanks Raquel for the new sketches and thanks to DeeScraps for the colors too. I'm going to try and get those done this week. Had sketch 2 done from last week but couldn't decide if it needed more or not so I left it alone! UGH!

I was thinking about the name as well, and wondered if we needed to have the word card in there, because this is mainly what we do. You don't won't to derail folks by not having what you do in the title. Although, some may look at it and turn it away because it does. .. so I'm not certain on this, but some of what I was thinking for names. . .below:

Creative Cards

Card Creations

Creative Card Corner ?

I've liked the word card in the name for sometime so for me it works, don't know if anyone else thinks the same way I do. . .but these are just my thoughts and ideas on the name ideas.

I also am very interesting in learning new techniques too. . .so that would definitely work for me as well, as I'm still very new at this and still learning every day! :)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:41:40 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
christineramey8b61e521: post your sketch 2 from last week. We all think sometimes that our cards need more and that they're not finished but post anyway! Cute name suggestions but since we are in the "Cards" section of the MB, it's not necessary to have the word "card" in the title even though we've always had it! LOL!
#33 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:08:30 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
christineramey8b61e521: post your sketch 2 from last week. We all think sometimes that our cards need more and that they're not finished but post anyway! Cute name suggestions but since we are in the "Cards" section of the MB, it's not necessary to have the word "card" in the title even though we've always had it! LOL!

Okay I'll try to post it this evening. . .and yes. . .that was partly what I was talking about in the beginning there. Just didn't know if it was truly needed or not!

I'll rethink them some more!
Gisele Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:12:14 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Raquel - thanks for the great sketches! Simple and clean works so well and we can get creative with the extra credit!

Dee – Thanks for the great ad colours! We can do so much with those combinations!

Josie and Donna – hurray! You have snow! Love the photo of cactus and snow – never seen that before!

I will come back to post my comments later! Just wanted to pop-in to see the new sketches!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/20/2013(UTC)
#35 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:16:24 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Raquel. . .here is my sketch 2 from last week finally got it uploaded to photobucket. . .just wasn't sure if it was enough. I think part of the problem was that the digi stamp I used was a bit bigger than I really thought.

http://i1298.photobucket...cpets008_zpsbe664daa.jpg
 2 users thanked christineramey8b61e521 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/21/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/21/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#36 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:08:01 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
You bring up a lot of great points here. I think you're on to something about leaving the "sketch" out of the name since we always say use them as inspiration but we've seen tons of people use the sketch for layouts or even other non-card projects

I know in the past when you would be out of town, you'd send me the Ad colors in advance through email so I can post it when I host. That worked really well actually. I like you picking the Ad colors since you don't host... unless you want to give up this job, then I can understand

DeeScraps: yes, I try to make my own sketches when I have the time. These two only took less than 10 minutes because they were simple and I already had the templates from previous sketches

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Ad colors this week... I always LOVE it when you post food for Ad colors! LOL!

Well...it seems like the MB is being "wonky" on me tonght! LOL...not sure where I got that word from! Glad everyone likes the colors this week. Can you tell I was craving something sweet?

I'll keep picking the colors and I'll send them to whoever is hosting the next week so they can get a card made and post them. That way both things will go up together. I'm usually in bed by 10pm so if the sketches are posted late on Tuesday night, especially in a different time zone, I don't always catch them until the morning.

Raquel, I guess if I knew more about using my Photoshop Elements, I could also do some sketches. LOL I'm so technically challenged!!!

One of the things I like about this Challenge is that it's a "no-stress" one. I never feel like anyone is going complain because you don't get a card done, etc. We could also consider naming it "The No-Stress, Easy-Peasy Challenge." (It must be getting near my bedtime!) I often hear people say the've "lost their Mojo....which is why I like that in the name. I do agree that we have to remember not to have it sound too much like "Mojo Monday." Maybe "Winning Wednesday's Weekly Challenge
." I also think we need to keep "Challenge" in the name because we also post it on the Card Board and not just the Challenge Board.

Nanna Donna....sorry about your friend's wife. Have a safe trip. You photos of the snow didn't show up for me, but I was able to see some of Josie's. When was the last time you had snow?

Josie....It was good to hear that your grandson is coming home. I know you'll enjoy having him there.

I'll be out of the house most of tomorrow. I'm getting new glasses and hope they help.BigGrin

Nite all,

Dee[
/size]
[size=7](The spell check isn't working.....sure hope this will post!)

Edited by user Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:21:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added something.

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/21/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#37 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:24:47 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Rachel- Love your cards!
I do not usually put 3D flowers on my cards since most of my cards need to be mailed.
I added them since this card isn't going to be mailed.

Dee- Thank you! I've had a lot of fun rediscovering my embossing folders again.

NanaDonna- I am so going to check out that link. TFS.

Sue- Thank you! Great color choices but for some reason I'm really hungry right now... wonder why?

Nancy- Thank you! Love your cute puppy card. TFS.

Some more thread name ideas to consider...
*No Pressure Card Sketch Challenge
*No Pressure Find Your Mojo Challenge
*No Pressure Flowing Mojo Challenge
*Card Sketch No Pressure Challenge

Later
D-

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:28:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/21/2013(UTC)
VickieBryan1 Offline
#38 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:22:11 PM(UTC)
VickieBryan1

United States

Was thanked: 589 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nancy J. Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone...

Raq...sorry you are so busy but it sounds as if it is just plain life getting in the way... we all have that problem now and then...but so glad to hear you will still be around... this challenge would just not be the same without you...

Thanks so much for the wonderful sketches this week... and your cards oh they are wonderful... love that nurse one with that teddy bear.

Dee... Thanks so much for those wonderful colors they fit right into my first card...

Here is my first card... the doggy is from Create a Critter (cut at 3.5 inches), the egg from Art Philosophy, the eyes are from Peachy Keen (1 3/8 inches), the embroidery floss from Close to my Heart(which I won from an other challenge)and the ovals are cut from Spellbinder's Nestablilites Classic Scalloped Ovals. Oh yes that hair on top of the doggy's head is just a flower squashed and the flower is from Mother's Day Bouquet.

Cute. what a neat idea on the puppy's head.
VickieBryan1 Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:26:27 PM(UTC)
VickieBryan1

United States

Was thanked: 589 time(s) in 401 post(s)
First Raq I'm glad that your not leaving. Totally understand about being so busy. I like the new name. It works for me.

Love the sketches.

I'm going to post all my cards in this post. shaped card and sketch #1 sort of.
VickieBryan1 attached the following image(s):
SAM_0634 (640x427).jpg
SAM_0623 (640x427).jpg
 4 users thanked VickieBryan1 for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/21/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/21/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/22/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 2/22/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#40 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:48:43 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Hi Ladies,
Lots of catchy names being suggested! I'm sure we will find one that will become as well known as "RAQs Card Sketch Challenge" on the Cricut Forums.

Raquel, thanks for adding "formally known as RAQs Card Sketch Challenge" to the forum. Maybe some of the "oldies" will decide to check us out this week and they wouldn't have found us under the different name.

Does anyone on here know of another word that means "MOJO"LOL LOL LOL ....I also like the word "Mojo" in the title, but we don't one to upset anyone over at Mojo Monday.

KEEP THOSE NAME SUGGESTIONS COMING!!

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:21:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#41 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:51:22 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies!
I made two #1 sketch cards, I wanted to make a Baby Boy card or a Baby Girl card and couldn't decide which...so I made one of each.Laugh

My #1 Sketch Baby Boy Card:
Baby - I spelled out and welded on Design Studio
Boy - Celebrate Cartridge
Embossing - "Baby" folder by Darice
Leaves - My new Sizzix Die "Branch w/ Leaves" first time using it.
Monkey - Animal Kingdom Cartridge
Added Twine(suppose to represent vines...if you look real hard!!) and a metal Brad Ladybug, misted the "Baby Boy" with gold Glimmer Mist
TFL!!Smile

My Second #1 Sketch Baby Girl Card:
Welcome - Spelled out and welded on Design Studio
Embossing - "Swiss Dots", "Borders Assortment" Cuttlebug and a Darice "Baby" folder
Frame - Lacy Labels cartridge...cut in Design Studio
Added a double bow, flower and heart Brads.
Sorry the card posted so crooked and blurrySad Sad
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:11:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/21/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/22/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 2/22/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#42 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:44:50 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Trying to get all my cards done quickly, have to get ready to Host next Wednesday AND learn how to post the Ad Color Challenge when I get it from DeeScared Scared Scared .
OhMyGod After this post still need to post comments AND make my AC card AND a Shape card!!

My #2 Sketch Card:
Image - Cut from a calendar
Butterfly - MS punch cut from glitter cardstock and added Bling
Embossing - "Leafy Branches" CB folder
Handcut border, added ribbon & gems
Sorry, no Cricut on this one!
TFL!![Smile

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:45:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/21/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 2/22/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#43 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:14:48 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Good morning!

christineramey8b61e521:
your card is so pretty. The embossing really adds to this. Great job on coloring the image and I absolutely love that lace trim you used

VickieBryan1:
ok wow... your mostly purple card is gorgeous. I love those flowers!!! Hah hah... the pickle card is so cute... great addition of the strings for the lid

TurtleBug: awesome job with the baby boy and baby girl cards... great colors and brads. LOVE your sketch 2! It's so nice and crisp and clean. What an awesome way to recycle calendars too
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/24/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#44 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:18:55 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

DeeScraps wrote:

Raquel, I guess if I knew more about using my Photoshop Elements, I could also do some sketches. LOL I'm so technically challenged!!!

One of the things I like about this Challenge is that it's a "no-stress" one. I never feel like anyone is going complain because you don't get a card done, etc. We could also consider naming it "The No-Stress, Easy-Peasy Challenge." (It must be getting near my bedtime!) I often hear people say the've "lost their Mojo....which is why I like that in the name. I do agree that we have to remember not to have it sound too much like "Mojo Monday." Maybe "Winning Wednesday's Weekly Challenge." I also think we need to keep "Challenge" in the name because we also post it on the Card Board and not just the Challenge Board.

You don't have to make your own sketches. There are a lot of awesome ready-made sketches online

I'll have to suggest we stay away from words like "winning" because it might deceive some people to think we are running a contest and we don't give out prizes which will disappoint them

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:52:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because of a typo :P

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#45 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:21:52 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Dragonfly50 wrote:
I do not usually put 3D flowers on my cards since most of my cards need to be mailed.
I added them since this card isn't going to be mailed.

Ok, I have a few questions since a lot of you all do this. How do you present cards that aren't going to be mailed that has a lot of bulky elements on it? Do you put them in a small box? If so, is there a cartridge that has a box that fits a notecard perfectly? I want to start using more 3D flowers!!!

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:52:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... changing colors

*NanaDonna* Offline
#46 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:02:24 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2544 time(s) in 1319 post(s)
Good morning, I did get my sketch 2 done yesterday but did not get the pictures taken last night. I also have #1 almost done, so later today I will try and finish them up and get the pics taken and posted.
We rarely have snow here is the desert and if we do it quickly melts off, well it snowed so much yesterday that this morning the desert is still covered with snow, at least the part of town we live in is. It is beautiful!

RE 3D flowers and bulky cards, I usually just put them in an envelope with an extra piece of cardstock over them to protect them when I mail them, I also add extra postage right now 66 cents. When handing them out I just stick them in an envelope. Some people I know make enveboxes, which is an envelope that has deeper sides on them.

Challenge names - I love some of the ideas, and thanks Josie for taking on the job of compiling them so we can all vote. I have been racking my brain trying to come up with something catchy but I am usually not too good at thatBigGrin

Here are a couple that I have some up with

Weekly Inspirational Card Challenge.

Motivational Card Sketch Challenge ( Motivational might be another word for Mojo)

Weekly Motivating Card Challenge

I will be back if I think of more.

#47 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:19:38 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

[quote=♥ Raquel ♥;1665602]Good morning!

christineramey8b61e521:
your card is so pretty. The embossing really adds to this. Great job on coloring the image and I absolutely love that lace trim you used
[color=darkred][b]

Thanks Raquel, the funny thing about that ribbon is that it is a huge piece of ribbon and was bought at a yard sale! I probably would have never gotten something like that except at the yard sale and fell in love with it the minute I saw it I knew I had to have it! It's a huge roll to, which means, that it is a lot of ribbon on it! Got to love getting ribbon like that for a dollar! Can't beat it! :)

Will work on my sketches today, had to clean house yesterday so I didn't get much of anything else done! :)
SandyPalmer Offline
#48 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:24:46 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Ladies,

I would like to address something that really seems to have been bothering me for awhile, I just didn't know how bad it was until this week! I do have stomach issues that I am sure most of you didn't know about! I never knew how bad I tighten my stomach up and it makes me feel sick the more I see the big bold colored letters on here! To make it worse, everyone copies and pastes the big bold lettering so it makes it almost unbearable for me to come on here!
I was just going to disappear, but even then, I find myself drawn to coming on here to see what everyone has made, and I just love seeing everyone share pictures! We've become a big part of each other through crafting! It's hard to leave!
I pray that no one gets mad at me, or offended by this! I truly just love everybody and I don't want to leave!
Seeing names in bold lettering doesn't seem to bother me, or even saying Happy Birthday to someone in big bold letters doesn't seem to affect me! It's just to much of seeing the big bold colored lettering that starts really making me feel sick!
I would so greatly appreciate it if we can just tone the big bold colored letters a bit please, please, please!

I did make a card for this week, but didn't want to post it if I couldn't leave comments!
Hugs,
sandy.
SandyPalmer Offline
#49 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:28:46 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Oh my gosh, I forgot, Raquel, thank you for hosting this week!
Dee, love the ad colors you chose for this week too!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#50 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:09:00 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

SandyPalmer wrote:
Ladies,

I would like to address something that really seems to have been bothering me for awhile, I just didn't know how bad it was until this week! I do have stomach issues that I am sure most of you didn't know about! I never knew how bad I tighten my stomach up and it makes me feel sick the more I see the big bold colored letters on here! To make it worse, everyone copies and pastes the big bold lettering so it makes it almost unbearable for me to come on here!
I was just going to disappear, but even then, I find myself drawn to coming on here to see what everyone has made, and I just love seeing everyone share pictures! We've become a big part of each other through crafting! It's hard to leave!
I pray that no one gets mad at me, or offended by this! I truly just love everybody and I don't want to leave!
Seeing names in bold lettering doesn't seem to bother me, or even saying Happy Birthday to someone in big bold letters doesn't seem to affect me! It's just to much of seeing the big bold colored lettering that starts really making me feel sick!
I would so greatly appreciate it if we can just tone the big bold colored letters a bit please, please, please!

I did make a card for this week, but didn't want to post it if I couldn't leave comments!
Hugs,
sandy.

Oh Sandy! I'm so glad you said something. The reaction you are having is actually not very uncommon. Sherri from Jitterbuggin' (if anyone remembers) her used to have the same problem and another lady a long time ago would say "oh my poor eyes" whenever the large colors came up

I altered the first post as well since I did use more than usually do. I took off all the bright colors and stuck with mostly black and the darker colors. I hope that helps

*HUGS*

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:58:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#51 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:10:10 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Ok, I went back and changed all my quote replies to dark blue instead of the bright blue I normally use. Dark blue is closer to the black so I hope that helps.

I forgot to ask... do the highlights bother you as well? I usually just do that when quoting people so they know what I'm replying to

Well, I just went ahead and got rid of the highlights too and I hope the brown isn't as bad?

Let me know

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:58:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because of a typo :P

TurtleBug Offline
#52 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:19:19 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Deescraps
Thanks for the cool refreshing Ad Color Challenge for this week, will have to go look in my stash for some yummy paper to go with it!

Dragonfly50
Bonus - These are so cute!! Any child would love to get one of these on Easter. Great idea for the shaped card bonus, too.
Ex. Credit - These are also so cute, love the eggs and basket embossing and the face expressions are too cute as well. You really came through on the embellie challenge on all these cards.
Love the butterfly embossing with the Bling..which company sells it, gotta have it!!? Love the Bling decorated eggs, nice clean & simple card.

NancyJ.
#1 & Ad Colors - How cute is this?!! Good alternative to the traditional Easter Basket image. Never would have thought that the whispy hair was a squashed flower, looks great. Did the Doggie cut have a slit in it already...like for a bone? REALLY love the whole card!

VickieBryant
#1 - AWESOME flowers, love the color theme with a simple touch of greenery and the wide ribbon. I have a hard time making bows with gros-grain ribbon, mine always come out too bulky, looks nice in a border, though.
Shape Card - Like the sentiment and the shape-card-jar is perfect for it. The twine really looks like a canning jar lid. Very nice.

DeeScraps Offline
#53 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:28:38 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Sandy, so glad you said something. I've never heard of this problem, so thanks for making us aware of it. What is the biggest size type you can handle and do you need it to only be in black? I just did it because I thought it made it easier for everyone to distinguish between comments, but we don't have to do that. A line space would accomplish the same thing. Is this too bold for you? This is their default size but I hit bold.

Please post your card. I seldom get to comment and often don't get my cards done, but I still feel welcome here. Please keep posting, we miss and need you!

Raquel....that's a tough one about mailing the cards. I've only mailed the "rolled" flowers once and that was in a padded unvelope with something else. If I take it in to the PO they always charge me extra if they feel "thick" to them. They really should be "hand-stamped" so they don't get caught in their machines. I will also turn the card inside-out sometimes so it has more padding and/or fold another piece of paper around the card. I've heard of folks using bubble wrap, but I'm sure that would add to the thickness. With all that said, I was at a card class a few months back and two women were saying that they "never" add extra postage and have never had a problem. Go figure!

I think the "envelopebox" is a good idea, put I've never made one.

Josie, when would you like me to send you the colors for next week? I think all you'll have to do is save what I send you to Photobucket and post it like you do your cards. Not sure how this will work for those that "attach" photos, because I think it may be too small to see. I know that I still cannot get the photos to enlarge when I click on them.

Be back later, Dee

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/24/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#54 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:47:59 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Sandy, when you get a chance... I'd like to know too what size you can handle that is easy on your eyes. I usually go to size 6 and in dark blue for comments and dark red bold for names, but I'll keep everything black for you hunny bunny! BigGrin

Let me know if anything on this post hurts your eyes

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:48:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... changing colors

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#55 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:02:56 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Ok, just sharing this since it sort of fits the Extra Credit

This is my card for My Sheri Crafts and the theme this week is "Fish"

Cartridge used: Spongebob Squarepants

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:03:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... changing colors

1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/21/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#56 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:08:47 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2544 time(s) in 1319 post(s)
Sandy sorry to hear about your stomach issues regarding the bright words and colors, our bodies work in strange ways sometimes. I certainly hope the purple I use is OK for you. I would hate to see you leave as your cards are always wonderful to look at.

I did get 2 cards done this week, although they are quite simple.

Sketch #1 sorry no Cricut, just a quick Christmas card using some glittery snowflake stickers that I have had for years.

Yesterday I got some new papers from CTMH (I know I don't need any more paper, but I had some credit to use) I love this pack it is Chantilly and the center paisley is a coordinating chipboard piece. The bow I cut using the Artiste cartridge.

Don't think I will get a shaped card done this week and sorry Dee I did not use the ad colors, but I love the combination so I will keep them and try and use them next week.

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:18:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: oops

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/21/2013(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#57 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:13:53 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

You know how BAD I feel right now, and embarrassed too! I never ever wanted to say anything to anyone about this! I guess no one ever wants to admit that they have problems in any area I guess!?!?
I seem to handle size 6 just fine! I can handle colors if they are like to introduce someone's name, but the whole text in colors is what really gets me! A little color here or there seems to not bother me at all!
I am soooo sorry about all of this, but am so very thankful for the understanding!
Thank you everyone!!!!
Hugs,
Sandy.
Dragonfly50 Offline
#58 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:56:39 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Vicky- Love your cards. TFS

Turltebug- Your cards are so cute. Thank you for all of the kind words. I got the reinstones at Joanns.

Raquel- Your fish card is adorable. TFS. I made my basket card specifically for the contest and do not plan on mailing it.

NanaDonna- Cute cards. TFS.

Later gator
D-

2 users thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/21/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 2/21/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#59 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:40:23 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Hi all! I'm logging in from my phone while my son has swimming lessons.

It's not that convenient typing with my phone but I guess it's just like texting. It's actually easier to type in the HTML codes right now instead of selecting text sections to change them

As far as bulky cards in the mail, I always write at the front bottom corner of the envelop "HAND STAMP" and I've never had a problem with postage

However, I've never sent anything super bulky like the 3D flowers so I think I'll research a cartridge that will let me cut a small notecard size box for personal delivery and decorate it using the same papers as the card. If I can't find one, I can always weld stuff together and make it myself

*NanaDonna*: both of your cards are really pretty and I love love that ribbon on the second card. I keep telling myself to look for that in the cartridge

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:57:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... changing colors

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#60 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:53:23 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Ok home now and I got a better look at your cards, Donna. LOVE LOVE the glitter embellies on the Christmas card. Very clean and crisp card too

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:58:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I wanted to :P