Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
Nancy J. Offline
#91 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 1:08:58 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Wow it worked!!!! after I cleaned my browser again.
Gisele Offline
#92 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 5:29:13 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Sue – glad you were able to drop in! Great card for your cousin – that is a perfect image for someone moving to a new home! Like the tag idea and the photo corners.

Nancy J: Beautiful Valentine card – too bad that I can’t enlarge it! Love the details and the greenery with the red flowers!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 2/19/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#93 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 5:29:26 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Dragonfly50: I'm so glad you've joined us! I do hope to see you more often

Nancy J.:
cute Valentine card. Love how you arranged the hearts and flowers... very pretty
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/19/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#94 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 5:34:16 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
[size=7]

Gisele - #3 Fabulous Christmas card, I love the angel border running up to the snowflake, I am enjoying all your new techniques, I love to try new things also. I subscribe to a newsletter called Technique Junkie and there is a lot of fun stuff in there. Second #3 I love it, your bow is awesome did you tie that yourselfBigGrin cute cut little cupcake.

Will be back later

Donna - you do pay attention to the details as I didn't think anyone would notice the angel! BigGrin Please send me the link for the newsletter as it sounds interesting!

Donna and Raquel - I did tie the bow myself but I used the "bow easy". BigGrin It works really well with satin ribbon!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/18/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#95 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 6:43:13 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Gisele wrote:
Donna and Raquel - I did tie the bow myself but I used the "bow easy". BigGrin It works really well with satin ribbon!

Thanks! I watched a YouTube video for it... now I just hope my local store has it
LisaW. Offline
#96 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 8:53:44 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 92 post(s)
I sure hope I can get this all figured out...sorry for all the deletes. If they would have just left things alone.

My sketch #1 is also my ad colors. The mulberry was quite a challenge...I went to Walmart's paint section and got the only one they had for mulberry and matched it up. Not sure exactly if I got it but got it all thrown together...not completely liking it and wished I would have done a flower instead. It is for my sil (I figure it doesn't matter because she never says anything about my card to herr...not sure why I really bother.

Cartridge: Wild card for the cupcake.
Cricut: Swiss Dots and the other folder was a Paper Studie but don't know the name.

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2013 8:58:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/19/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/19/2013(UTC)
LisaW. Offline
#97 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 9:01:41 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Sketch #2

My niece is just about to graduate from boot camp so was just sending her a card...at her graduation speech the guest speaker kept referring to "pink" parachute in her speech. I changed it up and orange is one of her favorite colors...I think she will get a laugh.

Cartridge: Everyday Paper Dolls for the parachute

LisaW. Offline
#98 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 9:19:13 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Sketch #3

Same niece...her birthday is at the end of the week. I changed up the sketch just a little bit and put my cupcakes on top and a bow just didn't seem to fit in this case, lol. I went with my usual way.

Cartridge: Simply Sweet for the birthday
Nestibilities: Large deckled rectangles
Punch: EK
INK: CTMH-saddle

LisaW. Offline
#99 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 9:28:04 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Wow that was super easy...photobucket is the way to go:)

This is how I did it

1. I uploaded my pictures in photobucket.
2. Clicked on the picture which then put a box underneath it with 4 links..I clicked inside the box on the "IMG" and copied it (ctrl-c)
3. After making my comments I pasted (ctrl-V) my link.
4. I then hit post and it brought my picture into it.

I tried using the link above (the eighth one) but I don't know what I was doing wrong because it wasn't working.

My next question...do I have to do them indivdually or can I put them all on the same post?

I am going to have to come back tomorrow (yeah I am on vacation) and after my daughter's music program in the morning I will come back and catch up:) Took my daughter to her very first concert last night (Carrie Underwood) so at 1:00 this morning was still trying to unwind and struggled through my second job this afternoon.
TurtleBug Offline
#100 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 11:12:39 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 904 time(s) in 575 post(s)
Gisele
#3 – Great Christmas card with hardly any red in it and it is so pretty. Love the woodsy color theme of browns and greens, glimmery snowflake and reindeer.
Second #3 & Ex. Credit – Like the color combo and the pretty double ribbon Which cart is the HB’day cart from? Very nice soft card!

AcrossThePond
#1 and Ex. Credit - Very cute and appropriate card for you cousin. You did very well with the coloring. Like the BG papers with the matching photo corners. Did you use a cartridge for the photo corners, if you did…which one?

Dragonfly50
Best of luck with the craft shop contest. Hope you come away a BIG winner!

NancyJ.
Valentine Card - Can’t make it larger, but what I can see I like!
The brown looks very nice with the red. Nice floral addition and punched border. Very nicely put together!

LisaW.
#1 and Ad Colors – You pretty much nailed the mulberry color…I too hard a hard time finding that color…I think mulberry is a very pretty color, though. Like the embossing folder you used and the Swiss Dots is one of my favorites and I use it quite often. Hopefully, your SIL will appreciate it.
#2 – Very nice interpetation of #2 sketch. Perfect use of the parachute instead of the circle, like the camouflage BG paper.
B’day Card – Cute cupcake punch and BG paper. Have always liked that B’day font, but don’t have that cart….wonder if I might find it in one I do have…will start looking!

3 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 2/19/2013(UTC), Gisele on 2/19/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/19/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#101 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 11:13:19 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

LisaW: awesome you got Photobucket to work!!! Love all your cards! Your interpretation of sketch 1 is awesome... yummy cupcake. Congratulations to your niece... it's always nice to make custom cards... I bet she'll have a big grin when she sees that orange parachute. Great birthday card for her as well
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#102 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 11:15:19 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Ok... got some cards done! Unfortunately, they are both sympathy cards Crying

Sketch 2 and in the Ad colors plus extra credit of using brads

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2013 11:19:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

2 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#103 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 11:17:42 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

I used the same image I found in the internet to make my sketch 3. It's also using the Ad colors plus the extra credit of using negative cuts (made in Design Studio) and brads

Cartridge used: Fabulous Finds
 2 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#104 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 11:56:11 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

It's time to admit that I just don't have the time to do everything I want to do Crying

Most of you know about my upcoming busy schedule. For those of you that don't, I'm going to be really busy soon... packing and moving to a new home, training for two 1/2 marathon races, and everything else that happens in real life

I know we've always encouraged that doing all the sketches and commenting on all the wonderful creations are optional. However, with my name being attached to our challenge, I don't feel that it's optional (for me at least). I feel a strong obligation to always be on here, do all the sketches provided, and to comment on all the things posted. When I fail to do so, I feel extremely guilty. With the MB having glitches a lot lately, it makes it worse.

With all that being said... I will be hosting next because I'm next on the list, however...

... please note that I'm dropping my name off our challenge. I just don't really feel comfortable with my name on it anymore and not being able to commit with my self-imposed obligations

I'm going to call it "Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge"

If you all would like to call it something else, please vote as a group. We just can't have "Cricut" anywhere on the title because not every project posted has a Cricut element on it

I will continue to maintain our challenge link over at Consider a Challenge section and will also continue to look for our weekly hosts. My iPad / iPhone will provide me with all my internet needs for this duty

I'm not saying goodbye... but in a few weeks... I just can't be on here as often

Thank you for understanding!

*HUGS*
Raquel

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:14:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because of a typo :)

AcrossThePond on 2/19/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#105 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:56:30 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2544 time(s) in 1319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
Thanks! I watched a YouTube video for it... now I just hope my local store has it

Someone made a cut file for it in Design Studio, so I cut one out of chipboard a couple times and glued them together. I think I still have the cut file if you want it and IF I can figure out how to get it to you
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/19/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#106 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:09:21 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Hah hah Donna! Thank you for the offer but I actually was already going to make one doing the same exact thing you did. Cut it out of very thick cardstock a few times and make it durable enough.

It's also only $6 on eBay so I might just get it from there. I looked at my local stores and they don't carry it

It seems the results are much better than the "bow on a fork" technique... those just comes out so bulky

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:10:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because of a typo :P

christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#107 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:11:16 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
It's time to admit that I just don't have the time to do everything I want to do Crying

Most of you know about my upcoming busy schedule. For those of you that don't, I'm going to be really busy soon... packing and moving to a new home, training for two 1/2 marathon races, and everything else that happens in real life

I know we've always encouraged that doing all the sketches and commenting on all the wonderful creations are optional. However, with my name being attached to our challenge, I don't feel that it's optional (for me at least). I feel a strong obligation to always be on here, do all the sketches provided, and to comment on all the things posted. When I fail to do so, I feel extremely guilty. With the MB having glitches a lot lately, it makes it worse.

With all that being said... I will be hosting next because I'm next on the list, however...

... please note that I'm dropping my name off our challenge. I just don't really feel comfortable with my name on it anymore and not being able to commit with my self-imposed obligations

I'm going to call it "Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge"

If you all would like to call it something else, please vote as a group. We just can't have "Cricut" anywhere on the title because not every project posted has a Cricut element on it

I will continue to maintain our challenge link over at Consider a Challenge section and will also continue to look for our weekly hosts. My iPad / iPhone will provide me with all my internet needs for this duty

I'm not saying goodbye... but in a few weeks... I just can't be on here as often

Thank you for understanding!

*HUGS*
Raquel

Raquel sorry your life has gotten so busy you don't have the time for the challenges anymore, but I certainly understand ... there myself at times so I relate.

As far as the challenges go, I was wondering if we could do a facebook page maybe where the challenges would be easier to upload and maybe have it as a private or secret group. . .it is so extremely hard to post here, that is why I haven't but have found that by posting it through photobucket is so much easier. .. just wondering if it wouldn't be better to have our own group kind of thing to make it easier for everyone to post. .. still have the forum here to answer questions and things but maybe have a link or something to a facebook page too. Not sure how all of that would work, but it might be something to consider since it's obvious that Cricut can't help to make the situations any better. How would you feel about a facebook page? I wouldn't mind helping with that if needed. :) Christine.

Love your cards and would definitely miss seeing them, but would definitely understand! :) Life just gets busy.

1 user thanked christineramey8b61e521 for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/19/2013(UTC)
#108 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:16:42 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Ok... got some cards done! Unfortunately, they are both sympathy cards Crying

Sketch 2 and in the Ad colors plus extra credit of using brads

I love this card! But I'm a big precious moments fan.. . no I don't collect them. . but have in the past. Where did you find that photo? Great one!
*NanaDonna* Offline
#109 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:41:01 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2544 time(s) in 1319 post(s)
Raquel - I know you have a lot on your plate especially with your big move coming up. I understand you wanting to remove your name from the challenge name but I hope that this does not mean you will not be around, we would all miss your beautiful creationsWink . This challenge has brought so many people together and has inspired many. I know since I started doing this challenge about 4 years ago my card making improved 110%.

Sue
- #1 adorable, I love that birdie image and how you colored it. Thanks for sharing the link. Hope your Mum is doing better and your life gets back to some kind of normal.BigGrin

Dragonfly
- Just like I said above this challenge inspires many people so glad you joined us and hope to continue to see you here with your fabulous creations. AND Congrats on your Extreme Fonts winThumpUp

NancyJ - so glad your post showed up, I would have sad to haved missed this wonderful Valentine card it is great. I love those flowers how did you make them?

LisaW - #1 great interpretation of that sketch, love the cupcake and all the embossing. #2 Congrats to your niece and love the card you made for her love the orange parachuteThumpUp #3 cute birthday card, love that cupcake border AND yes you can post more than one picture per post, just click the little mountain icon and insert your Photobucket link and repeat for the next picture.

Raquel
- I am glad you got to sneak in a couple of cards So very pretty #1 and what an adorable image, so sorry you had to make 2 sympathy cards #3 I love love the way you did the image in the negative cut, it looks like pop dotted it??? pretty color scheme and border strip.

Christine
, as far as your Facebook suggestion, not sure that would work because not everyone has a FB account. Photobucket is still working for posting picture here (as long as you can get logged inWoot ) and if you click the little mountain icon and then insert your IMG or direct link form PB your card image will show up directly on the message board without having to click a link, just a thought.
 2 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 2/19/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/19/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#110 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:22:54 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 4432 post(s)
I would like to see this challenge stay right here.....if someone else wants to do something similar on FB, then that's okay for them.

BUT, I remember seeing this challenge on here with NanaDonna for a long time and it would be a terrible loss for this MB if it were to go away. We have so many talented people just in this thread alone and we have lost so much to FACEBOOK and because of other unfortunate things that have gone on with a lot of our very talented people moving on.

I WOULD BE DEVASTATED TO SEE THIS CHALLENGE LEAVE from this venue.

So, I'm glad you said what you did, NanaDonna. More power to anyone who wants to go to FB to start their own challenge. I frequent FB from time-to-time. I personally don't like FB and I know a lot of people don't go there. I just recently found the CRICUT Facebook, but I just don't like the format.

JUST WANTED TO STAND UP FOR NANADONNA and the others who are so talented who show us their wonderful creations right here at the ProvoCraft/Cricut site that so many of us still love.

I have posted MY solution to the problems with pics being posted/enlarged/seen in the CRICUT CHAT and GENERAL CHAT (Circle). I downloaded FIREFOX (something I said I would NEVER do) and I am able to see everything again, making this MB very enjoyable, once again, for me.

I'm not so sure PC can fix this....I fixed for myself. I hope you'll go take a look and try it. If it works for you, please state so in the threads I posted so others will see it's not just me. It can't hurt to add this added browser....we add so many other things to our spaces...and it JUST MIGHT WORK FOR A LOT OF THE REST OF YOU.

Char
AcrossThePond Offline
#111 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:48:20 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Nancy - Lovely valentine card.

LisaW - 3 great cards - love the parachute card.

Turtlebug - No I hand cut the photo corners. I use a 1 inch sq then cut in half and chop out what I don't want.

Raquel - Sorry you have had to make 2 sympathy cards this week but they have turned out beautiful. Love your use of the negative cut.

Sue

We all know Raquel has had a lot to do over the past few weeks and it will get worse over the next few. I think the new name will be fine and we can all carry on in the same way until she returns to the fold. Life takes over for us all at times but it is always nice to know we can come back and visit when we get chance. We see this with Sunnieday and Suevan. Change is hard for us all at times but we manage as we will this time.
So lets go see what the new sketches look like tomorrow and give them a good go for one last time for a while with Raquel at the helm.

Hugs to all

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:49:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#112 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:54:16 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Just want to be upfront with a few things because I see feedback coming in on things already, please I do not want emails about why it is not a good idea. .. it was only a suggestion. Facebook definitely has its issues too, and i realize that from a personal standpoint I don't really care much for facebook myself, but there are good avenues about it as well.

I do understand that many do not have facebook accounts, and that would cause a problem. I'm fine if the group stays here, I just didn't know if anyone else would like that avenue or not. I don't want to do away with anything that Raquel has started, because this is my favorite group on this board. . .it's the only one I go to in fact. .. so I don't want problems to start by posting that.

Just thought that if some wanted a different avenue to post to and with Raquel's permission I'd start a facebook account if others wanted it. .. but only with her permission. . .as this was started by her, not me! So I wanted that to be very clear!

I by far love this group the most. . .and I would hate to see it vanish, but if it did I wanted there to be a way to post and still keep in contact with everyone that wanted to. So this is why I suggested it. . .nothing more!

Thanks guys for understanding and didn't want to cause any heartaches by anyone with this post because I do love this group and each of you individually. I would be heart broken if it caused any problems so that is why I decided to post this just to be clear on my view point of why I initially suggested the idea.

Thanks Christine.
LisaW. Offline
#113 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:24:49 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

needing some help ladies...my week off and plan on doing lots of crafting in between a couple other projects

I am spending today working on a couple older challenges from the layout board and since it has been days since anybody has posted there I thought I could throw my dilema out and pick everybodys brain for some layout titles

My first layout is a single page layout with 3 pictures of my niece on her graduation day...one with me (aunt), one with grandma, and the other picture is a picture of aunt, grandma, and great grandma. We sent great grandpa out of the picture so on the other side I am going to do a layout with pictures of him. I am at a loss for a title.

My second layout is a picture of my kids each under the word "jail" while we were standing in line at Toy Story Mania. My son has a "sour" smile and my daughter has this devlish grin. Any ideas for a catchy title?

Thank you
Lisa
#114 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:34:17 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
needing some help ladies...my week off and plan on doing lots of crafting in between a couple other projects

I am spending today working on a couple older challenges from the layout board and since it has been days since anybody has posted there I thought I could throw my dilema out and pick everybodys brain for some layout titles

My first layout is a single page layout with 3 pictures of my niece on her graduation day...one with me (aunt), one with grandma, and the other picture is a picture of aunt, grandma, and great grandma. We sent great grandpa out of the picture so on the other side I am going to do a layout with pictures of him. I am at a loss for a title.

My second layout is a picture of my kids each under the word "jail" while we were standing in line at Toy Story Mania. My son has a "sour" smile and my daughter has this devlish grin. Any ideas for a catchy title?

Thank you
Lisa

Lisa is it possible to post some pictures of what you are working on? I'm asking because it would help to give a better idea of what you are looking at too. But without seeing the pictures this is some of what I was thinking of for a title. .. the family heritage goes on. Or something like this?
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#115 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:42:37 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
Raquel sorry your life has gotten so busy you don't have the time for the challenges anymore, but I certainly understand ... there myself at times so I relate.

As far as the challenges go, I was wondering if we could do a facebook page maybe where the challenges would be easier to upload and maybe have it as a private or secret group. . .it is so extremely hard to post here, that is why I haven't but have found that by posting it through photobucket is so much easier. .. just wondering if it wouldn't be better to have our own group kind of thing to make it easier for everyone to post. .. still have the forum here to answer questions and things but maybe have a link or something to a facebook page too. Not sure how all of that would work, but it might be something to consider since it's obvious that Cricut can't help to make the situations any better. How would you feel about a facebook page? I wouldn't mind helping with that if needed. :) Christine.

Love your cards and would definitely miss seeing them, but would definitely understand! :) Life just gets busy.

Thank you Christine... but... um... I'm not leaving! Until I actually start moving, I have time. I have time right now to host and make cards. Sure I'm busy, but I still have time to squeeze in craft time. Don't say goodbye to me! LOL

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#116 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:44:06 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

I love this card! But I'm a big precious moments fan.. . no I don't collect them. . but have in the past. Where did you find that photo? Great one!

I just Googled "Precious Moment pray" and that image showed up and I just fell in love with it so I used it
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#117 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:48:02 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

*NanaDonna* wrote:
Raquel - I know you have a lot on your plate especially with your big move coming up. I understand you wanting to remove your name from the challenge name but I hope that this does not mean you will not be around, we would all miss your beautiful creationsWink . This challenge has brought so many people together and has inspired many. I know since I started doing this challenge about 4 years ago my card making improved 110%.

Raquel
- I am glad you got to sneak in a couple of cards So very pretty #1 and what an adorable image, so sorry you had to make 2 sympathy cards #3 I love love the way you did the image in the negative cut, it looks like pop dotted it??? pretty color scheme and border strip.

I have been here since 2009 and I don't plan to disappear completely. You all can't get rid of me that easily! BigGrin I just can't promise to make every sketch and be on here everyday anymore once the move starts. I'll still find time to sneak in a card or two I'm sure. As far as chatting with you all... I still have my iPad / iPhone to connect with... not as convenient to type on it but I won't be gone permanently!

I didn't pop dot the image or the papers on top of it. Using Design Studio to align everything, I actually cut out the circles on the card base and all those papers and the image is inside

CricketCMV on 2/19/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#118 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:54:00 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

CricketCMV wrote:
I would like to see this challenge stay right here.....if someone else wants to do something similar on FB, then that's okay for them.

BUT, I remember seeing this challenge on here with NanaDonna for a long time and it would be a terrible loss for this MB if it were to go away. We have so many talented people just in this thread alone and we have lost so much to FACEBOOK and because of other unfortunate things that have gone on with a lot of our very talented people moving on.

I WOULD BE DEVASTATED TO SEE THIS CHALLENGE LEAVE from this venue.

So, I'm glad you said what you did, NanaDonna. More power to anyone who wants to go to FB to start their own challenge. I frequent FB from time-to-time. I personally don't like FB and I know a lot of people don't go there. I just recently found the CRICUT Facebook, but I just don't like the format.

JUST WANTED TO STAND UP FOR NANADONNA and the others who are so talented who show us their wonderful creations right here at the ProvoCraft/Cricut site that so many of us still love.

I have posted MY solution to the problems with pics being posted/enlarged/seen in the CRICUT CHAT and GENERAL CHAT (Circle). I downloaded FIREFOX (something I said I would NEVER do) and I am able to see everything again, making this MB very enjoyable, once again, for me.

I'm not so sure PC can fix this....I fixed for myself. I hope you'll go take a look and try it. If it works for you, please state so in the threads I posted so others will see it's not just me. It can't hurt to add this added browser....we add so many other things to our spaces...and it JUST MIGHT WORK FOR A LOT OF THE REST OF YOU.

Char

We're not going anywhere... LOL! I'm only requesting a name change that's all. This challenge has been around since this MB started and it had a different name to it. It changed to RAQ in 2009 when I joined in because I was the one maintaining the links and hosts. I can still do the maintaining part but I just don't want the guilt associated with having my name on it when I can't be here as often

As long as there are talented people that want to keep going with this challenge... it will never go away BigGrin
CricketCMV on 2/19/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#119 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:59:04 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Just want to be upfront with a few things because I see feedback coming in on things already, please I do not want emails about why it is not a good idea. .. it was only a suggestion. Facebook definitely has its issues too, and i realize that from a personal standpoint I don't really care much for facebook myself, but there are good avenues about it as well.

I do understand that many do not have facebook accounts, and that would cause a problem. I'm fine if the group stays here, I just didn't know if anyone else would like that avenue or not. I don't want to do away with anything that Raquel has started, because this is my favorite group on this board. . .it's the only one I go to in fact. .. so I don't want problems to start by posting that.

Just thought that if some wanted a different avenue to post to and with Raquel's permission I'd start a facebook account if others wanted it. .. but only with her permission. . .as this was started by her, not me! So I wanted that to be very clear!

I by far love this group the most. . .and I would hate to see it vanish, but if it did I wanted there to be a way to post and still keep in contact with everyone that wanted to. So this is why I suggested it. . .nothing more!

Thanks guys for understanding and didn't want to cause any heartaches by anyone with this post because I do love this group and each of you individually. I would be heart broken if it caused any problems so that is why I decided to post this just to be clear on my view point of why I initially suggested the idea.

Thanks Christine.

Heee heee heee... you don't need my permission (or anyone's) to start a Facebook group. I do have a Facebook account but I'm rarely on there at all. I'm on my computer to check mail, sketches, and chat with you all here. For as long as I have the time, I will support you with your Facebook group... no promises... I barely have time to visit everyone's blogs and leave a comment once in a while
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#120 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:03:17 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

LisaW. wrote:

Thank you
Lisa

Hiya Lisa! I agree with Christine, I think seeing some of those pictures would help the brain juices flowing Flapper ... I eventually need to start scrapbooking again. You're so good that you're staying with it!