Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<1234>»
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#31 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:41:28 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)

2 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/14/2013(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 2/15/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#32 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:44:54 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

I hope everyone is doing well this Valentine's evening

Tonight is also hubby's birthday... so we usually celebrate his birthday on the weekends since every restaurant is crazy busy on Valentine's Day

TurtleBug: I'm sorry you had to make a sympathy card but what a gorgeous paper you used for this... love love love this blue. Your sketch 1 is also very pretty... you know I love flowers so I love this

No cards from me yet but hopefully, I'll have some time tomorrow to finally work on the sketches
 2 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/14/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 2/14/2013(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#33 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:09:30 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Had fun after my appointment today and got to go use my Hobby Lobby birthday gift card from my sister-in-law today. Bought a dot runner, one of the big ones and boy do I love it! Got a new paper trimmer and a stamp thingie that you put down first before adding the embossing powder, yeah, I finally got it! So I get to play with all of these new sketches and play with my new finds from Hobby Lobby today! Will work with them over and through the weekend. :)

Can't wait to show you! :)
TurtleBug Offline
#34 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:10:55 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
Well....how do we spell F R U S T R A T E D? Mad (at myself and at the board)

I was just going to post my card for Sketch #3 and realized that I hadn't put the brads on. I'll post it tomorrow. Hopefully I can get back on.

I do have a question for the AZ girls......where did you buy the "chicken-wire" embossing folder? I want one but can't find it locally and haven't seen it online.
It's raining and cooling off here. Our few days of summer weather are gone.

Dee

Dee,
I sent you an IM just now.
TurtleBug
TurtleBug Offline
#35 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:23:06 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post

Wow Turtlebug you have been busy already.
#2 I love the papers on your sympathy card and all the embossing. That bird embossing folder is perfect for the center oval. I love the pearls.

#1 very very pretty, way to use those Promarkers to get the color brad you want. I love that BIG flower and I think I am going to have to get that embossing flower it is very pretty. I love the way your cards are looking lately

NanaDonna,
THANK YOU so much for the compliment, but the Thanks go to you for ALWAYS being there for me (which seems to be daily, sorry!) when I need help with this hobby you introduced me to almost 3yrs. ago. You always answer any questions or problems I might have, weather it's with my Cricut, printer, computer, cartridges, etc. And, if you don't know an answer or how to solve my problem...you get on that computer and find it for me.
My goal is to make my cards as beautiful as yours!

LoveLoveLove!!,
Josie
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 2/15/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#36 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:23:10 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
Dee we got our chicken wire embossing folders at our Super Joann's store. I love mine it is great for guy cards.

DeeScraps Offline
#37 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:33:51 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Dee,
I sent you an IM just now.
TurtleBug

Thanks Josie. I just got back with you.

I put the brads on my card and even got to take a photo tonight. This is for Sketch #3. Most of the papers are from my scraps and the center is my negative cut. The punched dragonflies were used on a card we did last year. I embossed it with the Swiss Dot folder to perk it up a little. The photo strip and scalloped border are dies from MFT. The background paper is from a My Mind's Eye - Lost and Found stack. The button was saved from an old shirt.

Thanks for looking,

Dee

[img=http://][/img]

3 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/16/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/16/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 2/16/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#38 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:50:12 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Thanks for the colors Dee, will try and get one made using those colors.

Here is my sketch #2
Paper is from DCWV Linen stack
Frame cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge.
It is also a negative cut. I cut the oval out and then used it for a frame and backed it with a paper embossed with my Cuttlebug.
Butterfly is from the SAS store here in town.
Sentiment is a stamp.

Nana Donna.....love the cards you did for Emma. I'll be making a 2-year-old one soon. Flapper

The Linen Stack is a great stack....just love all the color combos. The card looks great. Also love the pink and green one. So pretty and spring looking. I may just have to get that cartridge. It sure has lots of neat things on it. What ais the SAS store? Love that butterfly!
 2 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 2/15/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/16/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#39 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:53:23 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: BingoLady Go to Quoted Post
# 2 sketch and extra credit, The white cut is from straight from the nest.

Great choice of paper. I really love this card, and I like how the paper shows through the cut. It's just a great card.

DeeScraps Offline
#40 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:02:53 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
This is a card I made for an old high school friend of mine who lost her Mom over the week-end. These cards are so hard to make and keep simple, but yet comforting. Thanks to NanaDonna for the inspiration!

My Sketch Card #2 with the Extra Credit:
Negative Cut - Is the white part of the frame from Lacy Labels Cartridge. Then I cut the frame again, but in blue and used the center this time and glued it to the white oval frame.
Sentiment - Computer-generated on Vellum & cut with a Spellbinder and added 3-D tape to pop it.
Embossing - The blue oval I used "Birds & Swirls" and the floral background I used "Ckicken Wire" Cuttlebug folders.
I added the blue pearls, and the oval frame and white strip are sprayed with Pearl Mist.
TFL!!Smile

Another great card. I, of course, love blue and white and I even think I have some of this paper hiding away somewhere. LOL. I would have ever through to use the "chicken wire "folder on here, but it looks great. The "Birds and Swirls" also works great. Sorry about your friend's mom.

BingoLady....your photo didn't show up in my reply, but it was your Christmas card. Very nice.
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/16/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#41 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:10:26 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
I hope everyone is doing well this Valentine's evening

Tonight is also hubby's birthday... so we usually celebrate his birthday on the weekends since every restaurant is crazy busy on Valentine's Day

TurtleBug: I'm sorry you had to make a sympathy card but what a gorgeous paper you used for this... love love love this blue. Your sketch 1 is also very pretty... you know I love flowers so I love this

No cards from me yet but hopefully, I'll have some time tomorrow to finally work on the sketches

Raquel.....Have fun! I love your new blog. I keep trying to download the free stamp but no go today. I'll try the Fridaze Freeze tomorrow and see what happens. I wrote to the site last week and she sent me links...which looked just like what I had, but they worked. I got their message today but couldn't find anywhere to click to download the image. Sigh.

Well, I'm off to bed. Me and my eyes are tired!!!! Hope everyone had a nice day.

DeeScraps Offline
#42 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:11:36 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: christineramey8b61e521 Go to Quoted Post
Had fun after my appointment today and got to go use my Hobby Lobby birthday gift card from my sister-in-law today. Bought a dot runner, one of the big ones and boy do I love it! Got a new paper trimmer and a stamp thingie that you put down first before adding the embossing powder, yeah, I finally got it! So I get to play with all of these new sketches and play with my new finds from Hobby Lobby today! Will work with them over and through the weekend. :)

Can't wait to show you! :)

Enjoy your new toys!!!!!
VickieBryan1 Offline
#43 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:12:13 PM(UTC)
VickieBryan1

United States

Was thanked: 589 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Nana-Donna What beautiful sketches for this week. I love your card that you had made for Emma. The colors just pop. Right now she's too little to enjoy the card, but she will. your card for #2 is so pretty, I love DCWV papers and this Linen Stack looks pretty. I will have to check this one out.

Dee Love the ad colors.

I'm going to post my #1 picture first.
I'm going to post another card that I did and would love all of your opionion on it.

Card #1

This is an embossing folder from Anna Griffin that I chalked to make this card.

Edited by user Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:34:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked VickieBryan1 for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 2/15/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/16/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/16/2013(UTC)
VickieBryan1 Offline
#44 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:48:14 PM(UTC)
VickieBryan1

United States

Turtlebug I love your Sympathy card. Very pretty Birthday card.

Bingolady, sorry I can't see your cards at all. they didn't show up. I know they are pretty even without being able to see them.

1 user thanked VickieBryan1 for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/16/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#45 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 6:07:37 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Boy Raquel was a bunch of gibberish you get from the MB, I have not had that one for a long time. I wonder if PC even knows everyone is having theses problems. Sure hope they get it fixed soon.

I sent a detailed email off to both support@cricut.com and support@provocraft.com and I know from reading assorted posts that some people have called. I can't. I have been without voice since Wed 2/6 (today is Fri 2/15)

I got the ole' were out of the office reply. I'll update when/if I get a reply.
Clearing my browser cookies did not fix this issue for me.
Coming in through multiple servers did not fix this issue.
Coming in on computers both at home and work still have the issue.

Hope it gets fixed soon.
It got real old a long time ago (been happening for me since Feb 2ndish when PC was down for unscheduled maintenance)
D-

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2013 6:08:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#46 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 8:09:20 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Good Morning ladies. I sure hope today is a better day for the MB. Not that it will do much good, if I get a chance I will try calling them later today. Maybe this is a ploy to try and get everyone to use Facebook, I sure hope notMad

Britishgirl
- #2 Adorable, I love that image and they way you colored it, the bright yellow flower is a great addition

Turtlebug
- thank you for the very kind words, I love to help and I am very proud of the cardmaker you and Lydia have become, I continue to see you grow and improve taking that little extra time speaks volumes in how your cards turn out. AND has it been 3 years already!!!!!!Woot OhMyGod

Bingolady
- sorry I can't see your card, I will check back later your last card didn't show up at first but did show later that day.

Dee
- #3 Cool, I love your negative cut with the dragonflies punched out. Very nice male card. SAS is a fabric/ribbon remnant store, the store is very old and kind of a wreck but OMG the ribbons and things they have are overwhelming. Most of their ribbon is 15 cents a yard, that means you can get 10 yards for just a $1.50. They have tons of buttons and other fun stuff also.

Christine - wow sounds like you got some great goodies have fun with them and hope you get to create a card using them this week. Hope you are feeling better

Vickie
- I love your "be mine" card, that cut is great cute little button accents. Awesome I love the way you chalked that embossing folder, so much detail looks like a lot of work.

Well I will check back in later today and what everyone has been up to.
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#47 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 10:14:05 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 615 post(s)
I'm going to try again post my #3 card, I just hope you ladies can see it.Crying Crying

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2013 11:57:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 3 sketch 047.jpg
 3 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/16/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/16/2013(UTC), ShelleyRN on 2/20/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#48 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 11:28:26 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

*NanaDonna* wrote:
Boy Raquel was a bunch of gibberish you get from the MB, I have not had that one for a long time. I wonder if PC even knows everyone is having theses problems. Sure hope they get it fixed soon.

I am quite sure they know these problems are happening. Tons of people use this forum and having the same issues we're having. Many people have filed complaints already. They can't ignore this issue but the real question is "do they know HOW to fix it"
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/17/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#49 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 11:34:14 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

DeeScraps: your dragonfly card is gorgeous. The combination of the neutral tons and black and the different papers and embossing really pop out

VickieBryan1: I love your cute shaped card! The centerpiece and the touch of lace embroidered flowers is just perfect. Beautiful job with the chalking on the next card... it turned out so pretty

I'm still unable to view attachments Crying
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#50 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 11:38:41 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

I haven't asked in a long time but...

...is there anyone that has never hosted before interested in hosting?

Please let me know so I can squeeze you in the line up. Thanks!

BingoLady Offline
#51 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 1:48:17 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 615 post(s)
Turtlbug, your cards are all so pretty. And I agree with you, we have one awesome
SIL, As for being good as her you already are good at making cards.

Dee, nice # 3 I like the way you used the button and the twine on the card.

Vickie, I'm so sad cause some you can't see my card. But I can see yours and
they are very nice , I like the way you did the hole punches around it.

And Turtlbug I agree with you she is one awsome SIL, I love the goody bagsLOL LOL
When I win the lotto, I will send her on a trip, one wayLOL LOL LOL just
kidding, we love you. I appreciate everything you do for me. ThankyouLove Love Love

1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#52 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 3:40:45 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

ONE WAY TICKET HUH?
Glare depends on where ha haha LOL LOL Next time I do a goodie bag yours just might have coal in it. Just kidding.

Bingolady - great card, love the paper with all the numbers on it a perfect birthday card.

*NanaDonna* Offline
#53 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 3:45:01 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Since I had all my sketches done this weekDrool I started to get my stamps organized and clean up my room a little bit and ran across something I had printed out that I wanted to try and make sometime. I saw it on Pinterest so it was not my idea.
I made this for Emma's Mommy but I need to add the word therapy to the base of the glass. It was all done in vinyl.

And here is the back

2 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/16/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/16/2013(UTC)
VickieBryan1 Offline
#54 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 3:52:10 PM(UTC)
VickieBryan1

United States

Originally Posted by: BingoLady Go to Quoted Post
I'm going to try again post my #3 card, I just hope you ladies can see it.Crying Crying

I was able tp see the card this time. I like the paper that you used.
AcrossThePond Offline
#55 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 4:55:47 PM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
NanaDonna - I love all your pretty cards this week. Each one so well made. Your use of the negative cuts is a great one. The glass is cute too.

Bingolady - Nice job on the Christmas card, that is one cute card for #3

Turtlebug - Sympathy card for your school friend is lovely. I really do like the card you made for #1 and ad colours - great embossed panel.

Britishgirl - Very cute card for Easter.

Dee - Your card for #3 is just wonderful you have a great eye for detail.

Vickie - What a cute valentines card and I just love your Anna Griffin card.

Back from my Mums now so hope to get time to make something soon.

Sue.
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
Nancy J. Offline
#56 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:33:35 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Oh this is getting OLD... not being able to see the cards posted.

I came on MB and could not see the attached files that some of you have posted...so I tried another browser... I usually use Chrome Google but it isn't working well with Cricut.com so I tried another browser ...Internet Explorer... and it didn't work well with cricut.com so I tried Firefox and it works with Cricut.com... so now I can see the attach files... now going to post an old card I have made to see if it will post... I can see the card I posted but I have to click on it then it will open in another window. Please let me know if this works for all of you... Thanks for your help!!!

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2013 7:44:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
IMG_0447.JPG (2,098kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
TurtleBug Offline
#57 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:25:17 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

NancyJ.
I CAN see your card. Great card, love the two-tone butterfly and the ribbon. The BG embossing looks very nice. The whole card is very crisp and clean...very nice!!
I have always used Internet Explorer and never had any problems, except for recently. I just stick with IE and have never tried the other browsers. Had no problem today...but I won't be holding my breath!!Laugh

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:26:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#58 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:24:46 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
I'm really sorry not to comment on each of your beautiful cards, but I just wanted to say I had forgotten about these challenges....got used to just going to the chat forums and not wanting to spend too much more time on here than reading those and forgot about the CARDS forums for a long time.

ALL YOUR CARDS ARE BEAUTIFUL!! TFS!!

Char
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#59 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:25:50 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Happy Saturday to you all!

I'm able to see attachments today... so I better get to it!

BingoLady: cute cute Christmas card for sketch 2. Very colorful birthday card... love the papers

britishgirl:
adorable little chick card... love the colors and papers you used for this

*NanaDonna*:
awesome job with the vinyl on the wine glass. I've tried vinyl on some plastic sippy cups too to see if it would survive in the dishwasher. After several washes, the vinyl has survived but has a few air bubbles in it now

Nancy J.: love your Valentine card... love how you made the butterfly and the multiple layers to it
*NanaDonna* Offline
#60 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:02:40 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello everyone, hope you are having a fabulous weekend so far.

Char - thanks for stopping in, would love to have you join us Wink nice to see you over here.

Raquel - I wondered about the vinyl in the dishwasher, I think I will have her wash it by handScared

Nancy J - I can not see yours or any attachments right now, but generally when that happens if I come back later I can see them. I will check back in a little while and see if it turns up.
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/16/2013(UTC)