Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KarenL.Jenter Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 1:47:27 PM(UTC)
KarenL.Jenter

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 12 post(s)
We were scrap booking at our church today and my gypsy broke. I was cutting with my crucit, gypsy attached. The cord came out of the gypsy, this is the cord, that goes back into the back side of the cricut.

I tried to put the cord back into the gypsy, it would not stay in, I looked into the little hole in the gypsy, the male plug, that fits into the cord, was gone, it looks like it had broke and fell into the bypsy itself. I can see it down in there.

I need to get in touch with Provo on Monday. What a time for this to happen. I have a lot of carts so I can still cut, but I am going to be lost without it

How do I get in touch with Provo? I assume there is a phone number, where do I fi8nd this? I have hear horror stories that my gyhpsy could be gone 2 months or more, is this true? I also heard it is hard to get them on the phone and you wait hours to finally talk to someone. Help

I also needs some other help. It will not hold a charge, the hole for the plug that goes into the electrical will not hold tight the plug, so it is not charging well. Also I cannot page to another page, so these issues will need to be addresses too.

Anyone know how much I am talking about it cost? got a new computer in end of Oct of 2011. But everything is backed up on my other computer. Ih ave not used my gypsy since Christmas and put nothing on it new, so the backup I should I should be able to get to if need be.

I am right in the middle of a big project, but thank goodness Ihave a lot of carts, just have not used the carts and overlays in a long long time, I rely on my gypsy.

Help to get in touch with Provo on Monday will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Karen
Michigan
KimB Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 2:01:42 PM(UTC)
KimB

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Cryingfor the "G" and you.

Click on Support upper right hand corner.

Cricut® support hours

Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MST)
Cricut® support: 801-932-1144
toll-free service phone: 877-7CRICUT
email: support@Cricut.com
fax: 801-794-9001

When I've called I wasn't on hold a long time but I guess it would depend on time of day and incoming calls. I sorry I can't answer any of the other questions.

Good luck.
KarenL.Jenter Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 2:37:54 PM(UTC)
KarenL.Jenter

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Thanks for the info, will call them 1st thing Monday

Karen
Michigan
Sherri Kay Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:17:10 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2310 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
Is your G under warranty? If not, I'm sorry to say I think you'll have to try to find another one. Or, you could take it somewhere to have it fixed sinced PC doesn't do that. It is a very common problem that part breaks off inside. Some have been lucky and were able to have it soldered back into place. But it sounds like you are having lots of other problems with your G.
luvs2shop Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 9:37:40 AM(UTC)
luvs2shop

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Unless it is under warranty you will be out of luck:( I had to have mine replaced once for the port issue....very common. I currently have a different problem (and also have the charging problem) and customer service said they do not have any for sell and I cannot pay to have them fix it. They never actually fixed them anyway, just reserialized a new one and replaced it. Sorry to say that this company has left us high and dry with this product:( My issue is a screen issue and my brother is computer savvy so he is willing to change the screen for me but I would have to buy a used one to use for parts which probably isn't worth it...
dncnqueen02 Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 1:53:48 PM(UTC)
dncnqueen02

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I wish I could tell you it can be fixed, but I had the same exact issue happen to me. I have never had issues with my gypsy until the usb port fell into the gypsy. I went and purchases a black screen of death with the blue light as a replacement thinking I could switch the screens out, waste of $. My brother is computer/electronic savvy and there was no hope for it. Now I just need my files to be transferable to cricut craft room, which i hate b/c i hate having to use my computer b/c it is time consuming and the craft room loves to act up on me.

You will probably have to buy another one and they run anywhere from 200.00 to 300.00 on ebay or other places that still have them. unless someone has one they are just trying to get rid of like my local scrapbook store had one over the weekend at their yard sale for $50.00! but it was a 40 minute drive and I did not want to drive all the way over there for something that wasn't working or was already bought.

Good luck!! I am calling provo craft right now to ask about my files on my gypsy.
PattyKondek Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:03:25 PM(UTC)
PattyKondek

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 47 post(s)
If I remember right there was someone on the message board who had the same issue. She took it to a tv repair shop and they were able to solder the piece back in and her Gypsy was usable again. Might be worth a try.
~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~ Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 11:25:36 AM(UTC)
~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~

Location: cricutLAND with LilMamma, BigMamma, BabyMamma and now GRANDMamma..

Was thanked: 458 time(s) in 280 post(s)
same thing just happened to me.. called Provo Craft and they say they do not have a repair center... and that I could wait "to see if they get one",lol... yeah okay..