Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

terihans04ffb08059 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:57:30 PM(UTC)
terihans04ffb08059

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello, I'm very new to Cricut and was wondering . . . is there anyway to either use our own images in the CCR and then cut them? Is it possible to create new images from basic shapes in the CCR and then cut them?

If not, does it seem likely that this will become a possibility in the future? I have tons and tons of templates for making boxes and cards I'd like to use with the machine!!!

I just discovered the "Imagine" version last night . . . now wish I'd gotten that one instead of the E2. That printing option sounds awesome!!! For anyone who has the imagine machine, how long do ink cartridges last you?

Thanks to any who offer input here.
Teri
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:03:55 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 782 time(s) in 353 post(s)
You can't import your own image. Only can use carts or those digital versions that are available for purchase and download through ccr. You will get mixed reviews on the imagine. There have been lots of problems with it's reliability and is now discontinued. Owners either love it or hate it. I have my friends because she hates it and I'm not crazy for it - hardly use it.

You can through using ccr the free design program that you can download, create new designs using basic shapes from carts and welding different shapes from carts, even multiple carts.

I think Scrapelette is the expert here that can create anything out of basic squares and circles. I'm not that creative nor patient. Again it has to be done in ccr by welding, resizing, etc shapes from cartridges.
terihans04ffb08059 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:10:36 PM(UTC)
terihans04ffb08059

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yup was looking more in depth today. I'm gonna try using basic shapes and see what I can do. I did find the Pazzles machine and it will let you create anything and cut your own shapes. I will prob wind up buying it as well?

Thanks for the reply!
Teri