Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lisa.bland8ab2d064 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 12:14:41 PM(UTC)
lisa.bland8ab2d064

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My husband surprised me this past Saturday with a new Expression 2. I was so excited! I unpacked it, read the directions, installed the blade, and turned it on. I ran through the on screen directions and "calibrated" the screen. That should have been my first sign... the screen didn't calibrate correctly and when I touched anything it either wouldn't work or it put something other than what I was touching. I did a hard reset twice, still no difference. Then, it came to cutting. The very first cut was a mess. It didn't cut all the way through and the card stock ripped. So, I adjusted the settings and tried again. Same story, but worse! I gave up, frustrated, and decided I would try again with a fresh start the next day. The next day (yesterday) it wouldn't cut the whole image, but the parts it did cut...cut all the way through the mat. After doing that repetitively 4 times I decided this Cricut was going back in an effort to exchange it. There was something definitely wrong with it. So, this morning, off we went to exchange it at Michaels. They took it and exchanged it (thank goodness!) Now, I have started over with what I would call a whole different machine. The calibration is right and I have made a dozen cuts that have all come out beautifully with no effort at all. This machine is fabulous. I love, love, love it!

Moral of the story, if you are using a newly purchased Cricut and it is not producing effort free, clean cut images or fonts, use your warranty or make an exchange because there is a problem with it! Blushing
 2 users thanked lisa.bland8ab2d064 for this useful post.
WortWoman on 1/21/2013(UTC), dorichatelain44314a80 on 1/22/2013(UTC)
southgirltexas Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:38:45 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 568 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Wow you were more persistant than I would have been but glad it all turned out!
Soshescraps Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:33:24 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1090 time(s) in 870 post(s)
Glad everything worked out for you enjoy your new cricut!! I absolutely love all of mines BigGrin