Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

heatherohler4ca38ac6 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:10:23 PM(UTC)
heatherohler4ca38ac6

Groups: Registered

Has anyone experienced a cricut expression that the housing in the machine makes a grinding sound when it returns to the start position? mine is doing this and i sure would like some help to fix it! thanks
Cricut LeAnne Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:41:40 PM(UTC)
Cricut LeAnne

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: heatherohler4ca38ac6 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone experienced a cricut expression that the housing in the machine makes a grinding sound when it returns to the start position? mine is doing this and i sure would like some help to fix it! thanks

Hi,

Please call our customer service at 877-727-4288 Monday - Friday from 7am to 6pm MST. One of our agents will be able to do some troubleshooting with you and see what is causing the noise.

Thanks,

Cricut LeAnne
schondo67dbfdc2e7 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:03:38 PM(UTC)
schondo67dbfdc2e7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My cricut expression, upon startup, would make the 'normal' sound for startup, and then when going to the right would make an awful grinding noise. Mad It wouldn't recognize cartridges or my gypsy and it wouldn't load paper. Needless to say, I was in tears Crying and spend some consideralble time scouring the internet for answers. I tried everything I found...most recommendations were to slide the cutter over, push the reset button, cut, etc. Nothing worked. Well - my machine is old, I bought it refurbished, and I don't think I ever had a warranty. So, I decided I could take it apart and look at it. I did some more searching on the internet and found some site that basically talked about taking broken machines and fixing them AND how to take things apart. So - I tried it. There was a section in there about grinding, and the answer was a loose or dropped lead. Wouldn't you know it - I opened up the right side (it was a PITA), and sure as anything, my reset button had a dropped lead. I plugged in the lead, powered it back up and voila....my machine didn't grind, it did recognize cartridges and it did load paper.

BigGrin Life is good.

Here is the website where I found all the info - http://everhack.blog.atx...2/08/cricut-repair-info/

note: the hardest part was taking the silver trim off and putting it back on!
 1 user thanked schondo67dbfdc2e7 for this useful post.
chambs73fa38b50c on 5/11/2013(UTC)