Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

vicki_mccued48286e4 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:30:48 PM(UTC)
vicki_mccued48286e4

Groups: Registered

Hi! I just installed my Cricut Mini and all seemed fine until I tried to start CCR. I have Mac OS X 10.8 and every time I try to start CCR, it is stuck in initialing. I have read all the posts for PC users on how to enable exceptions for this program with anti-virus software but I don't see anything for Mac. Help!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:52:38 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7615 time(s) in 3552 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vicki_mccued48286e4 Go to Quoted Post
Hi! I just installed my Cricut Mini and all seemed fine until I tried to start CCR. I have Mac OS X 10.8 and every time I try to start CCR, it is stuck in initialing. I have read all the posts for PC users on how to enable exceptions for this program with anti-virus software but I don't see anything for Mac. Help!

Let me first say I don't have a Mac and know absolutely nothing about them. But I do know how to google! BigGrin

I found this article which goes through 3 options for stopping Mac X 10.8 blocking programs. Hopefully one of them might help. I'd love to know if it does!

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13...-problem-in-os-x-10.8.2/
ngorton65c12bd4 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:45:26 PM(UTC)
ngorton65c12bd4

I have a Mac with an E2 using CCR. I have this problem constantly, i'm finding that the program/machine and the SMC are not in harmony with each other. Glare I'm assuming you've already checked your adobe air to make sure it's the correct version (there was an update as of today.) How I solve the annoying issue is the following:

1.) Make sure that your Cricut is NOT plugged into your Mac when powering up the program. There is a post out there on this forum that states that from Cricut representatives. Only plug in your Cricut when you are ready to cut and the program is already running otherwise it will not get past the initializing screen.

2.) If the above has happened it will always be stuck here. There are two ways I found to fix this problem. Firstly, and less pain in the rear is to go to http://craftroom.cricut.com/ and log in there, once you log in online, it "usually" resets your account. Shut the browser you are using and reload your CCR via finder. 90% of the time, this does the trick.Sneaky

3.) ThumbDown If you are still getting issues, you need to completely RESTART your mac because the SMC needs to be soft reset. I know, we're not suppose to restart macs unless there is a security update, however it's if you get to this point, I'm finding, it's usually a hardware conflict. Go up to your apple icon in the left hand corner and choose restart from the drop down menu. Once it restarts, try the program again I find this fixes the problem the other 10% of the time.

I hope this helps.
Myztique Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:32:22 PM(UTC)
Myztique

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I constantly am having problems with CCR and my E2 and yes I do have a mac. I was talking to a friend and they, too, were always having to restart the program or restart their computer (not sure if they have a mac or not) or restart the machine. I'm sorry, but for the money we are paying for the machine, the cartridges, etc, we should NOT be having these problems. I really enjoy crafting, except when I have to deal with my cricut. I'm seriously thinking about selling the entire thing and getting a silhouette but then I couldn't use my CTMH cartridges. ;-(

We all have to let them know if we are having a problem, because only one squeak won't get Provo Craft to fix them, but a large cry from several of us may. Please, please, please let them know all the problems you are having either with CCR or your machines. They can't fix what they only seems to be a one time issue with one person, but if we all let them know of our problems, they might actually take the time to FIX the bugs!

Deb
Myztique Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:54:05 PM(UTC)
Myztique

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Here are the issues I am having when using CCR and my E2 on a mac:

1. CCR doesn't recognize E2
2. CCR doesn't recognize the cartridge
3. CCR cuts only a part of the image
4. CCR will allow me to cut one color, but when I change to a second mat/color in the same file, I have to restart both the machine and the software in order for it to work.
5. When CCR is done cutting, the E2 stays on the USB icon and doesn't allow me to unload the mat until I either restart the machine, unplug the USB plug or quit CCR
6. Image cuts distorted with both E2 alone and with CCR

What problems are you having?

FYI -- both the software (CCR and AdobeAir) as well as the machine are current. I always check to be sure.

Deb
 1 user thanked Myztique for this useful post.
pschell9936313123 on 3/13/2013(UTC)