Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
~tallulah~ Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 4:30:05 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
a lot of the pictures in posts i cannot see without downloading them. i don't want a bunch of downloads on my computer...but i do want to see the wonderful projects people are doing.

i saw a post where someone said the reason for having to download was the image was too large to actually be imbedded in the post.

if that is true is it too much to ask that we do that so we can all see the pix w/o having to download the pix?

thanks for at least reading and considering...
BigGrin
 4 users thanked ~tallulah~ for this useful post.
Flamenco92627 on 9/27/2010(UTC), PedalPower on 9/27/2010(UTC), lv2scrap02 on 9/28/2010(UTC), Sherri Kay on 2/14/2014(UTC)
AllisonF Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 4:52:50 PM(UTC)
AllisonF

Was thanked: 1811 time(s) in 1030 post(s)
I agree - but I haven't tried to upload directly since they changed it here - does it automatically size them?? I like when they are in the little box in the post and you click on it and it gets bigger.
Tine Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 4:53:14 PM(UTC)
Tine

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 67 post(s)
I agree with you. I download some of them - well I don't save them to my pc just view them - but it still takes a good 30-45 seconds to download each one.
This account won't let me delete, so I've removed my info and won't be coming back Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 5:05:15 PM(UTC)
This account won't let me delete, so I've removed my info and won't be coming back

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 89 post(s)
I always hit click to embed it in the post, but someone told me that they were having to download my pic still so I think that the new board doesn't resize your photo for you.

Doodledo Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 5:45:41 PM(UTC)
Doodledo

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1418 time(s) in 846 post(s)
I always resize my photo before uploading here. I thought everyone did. It just take a few seconds to do.
*myamagoo* Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 5:48:32 PM(UTC)
*myamagoo*

Was thanked: 908 time(s) in 423 post(s)
It's true, the mb does NOT resize your photos for you.

I have asked Admin Becky to look into what the max size should be for photos to be embedded on the MB.BigGrin BigGrin

As soon as she gets back to me I will let you knowBigGrin

Edited by user Monday, September 27, 2010 5:49:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked *myamagoo* for this useful post.
CocoasMom on 9/27/2010(UTC)
PennyG Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 5:48:34 PM(UTC)
PennyG

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I completely agree, I won't open anymore files, if they aren't posted so we can see them, I won't look!!
CathyinMN Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 6:16:01 PM(UTC)
CathyinMN

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 349 post(s)
I've tried resizing my photos, but I can't figure out how. Mine are only on my computer, and when I hit the resize button, it just has four lines that are different thicknesses. I certainly can't figure that out. I'm definitely not a techy person. (We just got a new laptop and it has Windows 7 on it, if that will help anyone that might want to try to help with this.)
Flamenco92627 Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 6:34:51 PM(UTC)
Flamenco92627

United States

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 214 post(s)
CathyinMN wrote:
I've tried resizing my photos, but I can't figure out how. Mine are only on my computer, and when I hit the resize button, it just has four lines that are different thicknesses. I certainly can't figure that out. I'm definitely not a techy person. (We just got a new laptop and it has Windows 7 on it, if that will help anyone that might want to try to help with this.)

Cathy I tried to explain a way I do it in your other post so let me know if that helps!
CherylfromOz Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 8:05:04 PM(UTC)
CherylfromOz

Australia

Was thanked: 249 time(s) in 154 post(s)
CathyinMN wrote:

I use this site to resize my pics, never had a problem

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

I will not download anymore attachments, not only because of the risk of virus's but also the fact of using my download limit
MaryScraps Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:03:10 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6699 time(s) in 2726 post(s)
I agree! I'm not downloading pictures. The poster should take the responsiblity to have the picture viewer ready. I'm not risking the chance of getting virus's this way.
It's so disheartening to go to a post only to see you have to download the picture.
FootballMom Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:35:13 AM(UTC)
FootballMom

Was thanked: 516 time(s) in 410 post(s)
AllisonF wrote:
I agree - but I haven't tried to upload directly since they changed it here - does it automatically size them?? I like when they are in the little box in the post and you click on it and it gets bigger.

It automatically resizes my pics when I post directly, and then I have the box that lets you click it to enlarge it. That is the one good thing that I like with th mb, I don't have to resize my pics to post.
DazyCutr Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:35:15 AM(UTC)
DazyCutr

Was thanked: 427 time(s) in 196 post(s)
I created a blog just for the purpose of posting my cards. It's real easy to do from there and you don't have to resizeBigGrin
FootballMom Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:40:19 AM(UTC)
FootballMom

Was thanked: 516 time(s) in 410 post(s)
I was just reading everyone's responses and how everyone says it doesn't resize pics, but I haven't had to resize my pics on here like I did on the old mb. That is strange because on the old mb I had to resize everything!!! Here I just double click on my pic and it posts without me resizing and I haven't change settings on my camera or anything.
lizzieming Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:12:00 AM(UTC)
lizzieming

Was thanked: 543 time(s) in 397 post(s)
i am with you guys, i don't open any projects with attachments....it just takes too long and i worry about my computer. i used photobucket and resize my pictures there.
MamaC2 Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:48:49 AM(UTC)
MamaC2

Was thanked: 3512 time(s) in 1755 post(s)
I guess I don't understand...I really don't understand the picture posting process yet!Huh

When I post a picture, I appears at the bottom of the post. You can see the picture, but it small. When you click on the pictue, it enlarges it.

What I don't understand is this...I thought I was clicking on the picture to see it more clearly...only!
Am I downloading the picture or just viewing it at a larger size?

OR...are you talking about the link that you see in some posts? If so, I don't usually open these either.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:53:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jdandi Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:48:51 AM(UTC)
jdandi

Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Yep me too. I don't download them either. If they have a blog I will look on thier blog but if it is just a download link then I move along. I know that I am missing some projects but just can't spend the 20+ seconds it takes.

jdandi Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:52:56 AM(UTC)
jdandi

MamaC wrote:
I guess I don't understand...I really don't understand the picture posting process yet!Huh

When I post a picture, I appears at the bottom of the post. You can see the picture, but it small. When you click on the pictue, it enlarges it.

What I don't understand is this...I thought I was clicking on the picture to see it more clearly...only!
Am I downloading the picture or just viewing it at a larger size?

If you see the picture and it says click to view larger then you are not downloading it. There are many post that will have words only attachments in the post. Those when you click them ask if you if you want to open or save to your computer. Those you have to download to see.

Downloading things from the internet can be iffy. The longer a link sits on the internet the greater the chance that a virus will attach itself to the file, especially if not zipped.
 1 user thanked jdandi for this useful post.
MamaC2 on 9/28/2010(UTC)
MamaC2 Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:55:36 AM(UTC)
MamaC2

Was thanked: 3512 time(s) in 1755 post(s)
Thank you, jdandi, for the quick response! I suddenly realized that everyone may be talking about the link...so I edited my question just as you responded.

Now, I know! Thanks so much!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:28:16 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 952 post(s)
Microsoft has a Free Resizing Tool just go there and download it. That is what I do when posting photos.

I also refuse to keep opening a file and downloading it!!

♥Carol♥ Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:34:40 PM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Was thanked: 2764 time(s) in 2201 post(s)
Oh I agree ... these are wonderful projects, and I want to see them all ... but I simply can't continue to download everything (my puter is already picture heavy from my own images) ... plus I'm sure everyone doesn't want their images loaded on everyone else's puter.
~tallulah~ Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:42:41 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
i just use my photo editing software i got with my camera. go to image, resize and choose percent, inches, pixels. i choose percent and 20-25 percent gives a good size pic and it imbeds in the post.
HobbyHo (Donna) Offline
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:44:08 PM(UTC)
HobbyHo (Donna)

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 164 post(s)
jdandi wrote:
If you see the picture and it says click to view larger then you are not downloading it. There are many post that will have words only attachments in the post. Those when you click them ask if you if you want to open or save to your computer. Those you have to download to see.

Downloading things from the internet can be iffy. The longer a link sits on the internet the greater the chance that a virus will attach itself to the file, especially if not zipped.

Actually, you are downloading it. When someone uploads and image to a post, the message board programming automatically creates/generates a thumbnail image of the original image. When you click to see the larger version, you are downloading the original version. So technically, if you click the image preview, you are downloading that same image twice. One smaller and one larger.
 1 user thanked HobbyHo (Donna) for this useful post.
MamaC2 on 9/28/2010(UTC)
HobbyHo (Donna) Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:53:51 PM(UTC)
HobbyHo (Donna)

♥Carol♥ wrote:
Oh I agree ... these are wonderful projects, and I want to see them all ... but I simply can't continue to download everything (my puter is already picture heavy from my own images) ... plus I'm sure everyone doesn't want their images loaded on everyone else's puter.

Every picture you view online gets saved to your computer in a temporary file folder. You can't see an image online unless your computer downloads it first. All of the images that go into the temporary files end up getting deleted one way or another depending on how your computer is set up for maintenance.

When you click an uploaded image link and select open, that file is also saved to your temporary file folder. It will get cleaned up when you clear out your temporary internet file folder. The same goes for a post that has a preview image. If you click it, it goes to that same temp folder.
MamaC2 on 9/28/2010(UTC)
jdandi Offline
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:32:46 PM(UTC)
jdandi

Donna wrote:
Actually, you are downloading it. When someone uploads and image to a post, the message board programming automatically creates/generates a thumbnail image of the original image. When you click to see the larger version, you are downloading the original version. So technically, if you click the image preview, you are downloading that same image twice. One smaller and one larger.

Thanks, yes I know that you are actually downloading it from the web. However when most people think of downloading they think of it as downloading to a computer and I was keeping in those terms as not to confuse. I am used to teaching newbies photo editing and the first rule is to keep it simple so they don't get overwhelmed. Too much info too fast is not a good thing when your learning a new skill. BigGrin
Nilda✄-✄-✄- Offline
#26 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:35:48 PM(UTC)
Nilda✄-✄-✄-

Was thanked: 1460 time(s) in 425 post(s)
I stopped using the download feature because I don't like having to wait for a download image and having it saved on my computer..... I'm sticking to posting pics my old way ... with Photobucket.
HobbyHo (Donna) Offline
#27 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:49:03 PM(UTC)
HobbyHo (Donna)

jdandi wrote:
Thanks, yes I know that you are actually downloading it from the web. However when most people think of downloading they think of it as downloading to a computer and I was keeping in those terms as not to confuse. I am used to teaching newbies photo editing and the first rule is to keep it simple so they don't get overwhelmed. Too much info too fast is not a good thing when your learning a new skill. BigGrin

Huh So you're saying it's OK to intentionally misinform people? I'd say that's what causes the confusion.

I tend to think the people on this MB are intelligent enough to be properly informed and if they need further help in understanding, I have no problem working with them until they do.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:20:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Prinkles on 9/28/2010(UTC)
jdandi Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:30:39 AM(UTC)
jdandi

Donna wrote:
Huh So you're saying it's OK to intentionally misinform people? I'd say that's what causes the confusion.

I tend to think the people on this MB are intelligent enough to be properly informed and if they need further help in understanding, I have no problem working with them until they do.

Read, acknowledged and subject respectfully dropped. I am here to have fun, be inspired, to contribute if I can.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:52:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LinAnn Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:44:17 AM(UTC)
LinAnn

Was thanked: 440 time(s) in 300 post(s)
CathyinMN wrote:

You can use Windows simple program "Paint". Open your pic, choose "Image";"Resize/Skew";type the same percentage, in top two boxes. I usually use 20%/20% (My camera is 20 megapixels). Smile
class.pass893350b9 Offline
#30 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 1:14:22 AM(UTC)
class.pass893350b9

Originally Posted by: This account won't let me delete, so I've removed my info and won't be coming back Go to Quoted Post
I always hit click to embed it in the post, but someone told me that they were having to download my pic still so I think that the new board doesn't resize your photo for you.

i totally agree with you. it takes me some time to first resize image and then download or upload.