Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
~JD~ Offline
#31 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 3:43:47 PM(UTC)
~JD~

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 893 post(s)
I did something similar a couple years ago. i just got tired of crafting altogether & stopped for a while. I packed a few things away & now I can't get organized like I once was, seems I can't find some of my things. :( I just hope your sure you want to pack things away...
I also hope you stay here, I like reading your posts. BigGrin

I love crafting but seems I don't have enough time to do all that I want to do.

My room is about the same size as yours & I really need to organize & it's driving me crazy.

Edited by user Monday, December 31, 2012 3:45:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked ~JD~ for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 1/1/2013(UTC)
ScrapyPiggy Offline
#32 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 10:05:49 PM(UTC)
ScrapyPiggy

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 163 post(s)
I understand many of the posts. However, before you give anything away one thing you may want to do is put some of the stuff you think you might give away into storage (making sure it is label well when packing).

One of the things I have come to realize is most of us do not have time to try everything nor can we afford to buy and store it all.

So when you see a project someone else has done you have to ask yourself; why do I like that and how can I make it my own. Another words stop and look threw your stuff first. Can you use any of your items to create the same thing but with your stamp or flair using the items you own.

I have some items I brought because of cards or layouts I saw on a board or magazine. Now the items just sit because I just did not have time to complete that project and should have known better then to jump without thinking it out.

Also if you have lots of the cartridges and you just can't make yourself work on something for you right now. I know the monthly cut RAK has helped me with people who have donated their time to provide me with cuts from cartridges I do not have. This has also helped me learn some of my cartridges and the extra that are hidden on them.

This keeps me for buying a new cartridge that I would only use for one or two cuts. I have enough of those cartridges that I have become very picky when buying new carts and if I am not sure I would use for more than one project then I will not buy the cartridge.

Good luck with any path you take. I hope you can find your way back to enjoying your scrapbooking and the happiness it used to provide to you.

1 user thanked ScrapyPiggy for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 1/1/2013(UTC)
Soshescraps Offline
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 4:50:01 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1090 time(s) in 870 post(s)
Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support. Hubby took me to ikea and we brought some furniture for my scraproom. This is so exciting because at first I was using our old office furniture but now, I have stuff that is geared towards my supplies!!! BigGrin . He has spent the entire day putting all of the furniture together for me. I guess after 16 years of marriage he still loves me Love .

Anyway, just thank you, thank you, thank you!! I showed him all of the wonderful words and support that I was receiving from such wonderful friends on this MB.

Get ready for pictures of my new space coming soon. Plus exciting layouts from our Thanksgiving vacation spent at Disney World!! Yippee!!

Honestly, I could not have gotten to this point if it had not been for you guys!!

This truly is cause for a celebration and a give away!!! I am going to have a giveaway on this board in the next few days. Since I am going to purge things I don't need or won't use I feel it is appropriate to share them with all of my crafty friends on this MB.

WooHoo!!!

Happy New Year to me!! 2013 is looking great!
 4 users thanked Soshescraps for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting on 1/1/2013(UTC), garagesaler on 1/2/2013(UTC), Sara Andrews1 on 1/3/2013(UTC), Eleanor on 1/3/2013(UTC)
deonnahotovec Offline
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 8:22:11 PM(UTC)
deonnahotovec

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Can't wait to see the room and how you organize it. I have been working on mine for 3 days now so I can find more time to be in here while my boys are at school.

Glad you got re-inspired!!

Happy Crafting
 1 user thanked deonnahotovec for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 1/2/2013(UTC)
pamfairley Offline
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:28:07 PM(UTC)
pamfairley

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 112 post(s)
I felt like you I did a great big purge donated lots of stuff I had forever and organized my space! Made a world of difference take a break and than give it a try. Worked wonders for me! I wish you well!
 1 user thanked pamfairley for this useful post.
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:50:59 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Was thanked: 1538 time(s) in 1431 post(s)
So glad you have got new inspiration for creating. We will look forward to seeing what you do in the coming months. Look forward also to seeing what you do with your new organization.

We can all celebrate now that you are going to stick around with all of us!

1 user thanked ValerieSchomburg for this useful post.
Calmom Offline
#37 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 12:26:39 AM(UTC)
Calmom

Was thanked: 2092 time(s) in 1068 post(s)
I am sooooooooooo Happy you changed your mind and ready to create and design your Crafting Room. I can't wait to see photos. make sure you take before and after photos, those are the best and make great scrapbook pages BigGrin

You Go Girl!
 1 user thanked Calmom for this useful post.
Jessie Adams Offline
#38 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:22:12 AM(UTC)
Jessie Adams

Was thanked: 1011 time(s) in 652 post(s)
When I bought my first Cricut I went a little overboard buying cartridges, paper and cardstock. Then I got hooked on some "must have" tools and gadgets.
Well, when I recently moved and had to pack all of that scrapbooking stuff and those boxes outnumbered my other possessions, I realized I didn't use nor need a lot of it and have since been purging the lot.
Now I don't feel overwhelmed and get more enjoyment from my crafting.

1 user thanked Jessie Adams for this useful post.
Cassie Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 11:08:03 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Was thanked: 308 time(s) in 251 post(s)
I think we all may have been down that road a time or two. Instead of packing it away and sending it out for storage, maybe just restructure what you have. I haven't been able to craft in the last few months and what I really found to be the problem was my cramped space full of *stuff*. I think my room is about the same size as yours, give or take a foot. Maybe purging and reorganizing is what you need to try first. Really get rid of things you know you probably won't ever use. A little room makeover perhaps will pick you right up. I'm still in the process of reconfiguring my room since adding a heat press to the mix. Getting furniture you can live with is key.
 1 user thanked Cassie for this useful post.
Soshescraps Offline
#40 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 5:30:03 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Originally Posted by: Cassie Go to Quoted Post
I think we all may have been down that road a time or two. Instead of packing it away and sending it out for storage, maybe just restructure what you have. I haven't been able to craft in the last few months and what I really found to be the problem was my cramped space full of *stuff*. I think my room is about the same size as yours, give or take a foot. Maybe purging and reorganizing is what you need to try first. Really get rid of things you know you probably won't ever use. A little room makeover perhaps will pick you right up. I'm still in the process of reconfiguring my room since adding a heat press to the mix. Getting furniture you can live with is key.

Thanks everyone and Cassie wow you got a heat press~such fun!!
MaryScraps Offline
#41 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 4:29:53 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6699 time(s) in 2726 post(s)
I've been going through this same thing with losing interest in crafting.
It's been an on again off again situation for the past 6 months.
I did sell some things that I decided I would never use or don't really need.
It does help getting rid of those things and free up some space.
I'm glad you are getting a scrap room make over!
That really helps bring back the motivation for the hobby.
Everyone goes through these up and down times with the hobby.
For me it is because life just throws me too many lemons at once. LOL
Time is a big factor it is keeping me from enjoying the hobby.
I'm glad things are looking up for you!!

You go Girl!! I can't wait to see pictures of your room!!
Soshescraps Offline
#42 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 11:30:23 AM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Originally Posted by: Scrapbooking_Grandma Go to Quoted Post
I've been going through this same thing with losing interest in crafting.
It's been an on again off again situation for the past 6 months.
I did sell some things that I decided I would never use or don't really need.
It does help getting rid of those things and free up some space.
I'm glad you are getting a scrap room make over!
That really helps bring back the motivation for the hobby.
Everyone goes through these up and down times with the hobby.
For me it is because life just throws me too many lemons at once. LOL
Time is a big factor it is keeping me from enjoying the hobby.
I'm glad things are looking up for you!!

You go Girl!! I can't wait to see pictures of your room!!

I'm trying to get my things together. I love this board!!! It helps to know that I am not the only one who have felt this way before. Heading to ikea to get more things for storage!! Can't wait to start crafting again!!
BJR Offline
#43 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 5:18:23 PM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Glad to hear you are feeling happy and renewed. My suggestion is to pick out some old scarpbook or craft magazines or books, you will see projects that you might like and see supplies that you forgot about and ideas to use them. Good luck- Happy days ahead! BJR.
 1 user thanked BJR for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 1/4/2013(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa Offline
#44 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 6:28:10 PM(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 81 post(s)
I think.....Uh OH she's thinking, be careful.

Seriously, maybe you need to gather a few of your friends and once each week host a craft party. Everybody brings a snack and you get two pictures each and desigh a layout with your friends. It helps when you have a friend to scrap and laugh with.

Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa
 1 user thanked cricutcrazylisa for this useful post.
Cathleen Offline
#45 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 8:24:30 PM(UTC)
Cathleen

United States

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Hey Friend,

We found some shelves at WALMART ONLINE 35.00 They are white and pretty easy to put together. We got free shipping to the house. My room is also 10x10. We got 2 of these shelves. Hope this helps.
 1 user thanked Cathleen for this useful post.
LizVellali Offline
#46 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 12:53:18 PM(UTC)
LizVellali

United States

Was thanked: 4094 time(s) in 2290 post(s)
I have felt like this as well. I spent like 15 hours in my craft room earlier in 2012 and looked through each piece of paper, etc. and if I didn't think I would use it it went in the donate/sell pile. I had a large indoor tag sale and got rid of about 1/2 of the items. Then a LSS had a tag sale and I sent the remainder there, with the understanding (to myself) that I was okay if it didn't sell that it would be donated by the LSS. What a feeling it was.

Then about 4 months ago, I went through my stuff again (mostly sizzix dies that I "hoarded" from before I bought my cricut). As much as I loved them, it was annoying to me to cut the same thing in four or more colors just to achieve the look I wanted, so I again took them to a scrapbook store tag sale, put them up on ebay and the balance I just donated to a group that works with latchkey kids and some other stuff that was being collected for victims of hurricane Sandy that lost their items.

Good luck with it all....sometimes a fresh of breath air is just what the doctor ordered!
 1 user thanked LizVellali for this useful post.
momto2 Offline
#47 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 2:43:04 PM(UTC)
momto2

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 52 post(s)
I am so sorry to hear this but I completely understand becoming overwhelmed with too much stuff. I have been there and am almost there again.LOL LOL LOL

When I start getting a little overwhelmed, the first thing I do is to purge and re-organize. 10 year old paper is not going to get any easier to use by just sitting around. And schools and nursing homes can really use the extra supplies for crafting. Once I have pared down some, I try to organize in a way that works best with how I scrapbook. I like to be able to see things, but have them contained. Therefore, baskets on a bookshelf work really well for me. My paper is sorted in rough themes (girly, masculine, brights, muted) and then by manufacturer so that I can find all the peices to one line in one place. Sit down and think about how you work and what you like to make. Once you see what you have, and have it in a place where you don't spend hours looking for it, you can also try this:

counterfeit challenge blog

I find that pulling out a limited number of things to work with makes things a lot less stressful. I have several kitted paper packs filed together so that I can grab one when I pull pictures. I have actually gone back to a kit club because I am so much more creative with the smaller number of choices.

I hope this helps some.
 1 user thanked momto2 for this useful post.
Soshescraps Offline
#48 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 7:39:26 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

My room makeover is completed and I have moved in. I am trying to post pictures but I am running into technical difficulties. Still trying. Totally excited and thanks to all of the wonderful ladies on this message board I feel so inspired again!!