Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

19 Pages«<1112131415>»
KelleyRooks Offline
#361 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 5:28:13 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cricutjunky Go to Quoted Post
I think some of the cart prices are ridiculous!! I guess some people are just willing to pay that much, hey if they are willing why not! I sold a cart on Ebay, I only asked 35.00 but the bid went up to nearly 100.00, I don't understand why people are willing to pay that much. but what was I suppose to do, Crazy, now a Hello Kitty Cart for 300.00 that's just shameful in my opinion, but there again, if someone wants to buy it for that much, that is their money, their decision, what's the seller suppose to do.

Kel, I say don't worry about what people will pay, if it doesn't sell for what your asking, you can always come down off the price if you feel you should.-My 2 cents worth.

I just don't use most of my cartridges. Out of almost 200 carts, I regularly use about the same 5 to 10. Sad to say, some I have never even used. I did check ebay and couldn't believe the prices...I have most of those carts. Most of mine are linked, but looks like they still go for a ton. Might be worth it. If I could sell my imagine with those carts, I would be over the moon excited.
KelleyRooks Offline
#362 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 6:49:08 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

WOOT WOOT....NO DIBBS. I will get pictures up by tomorrow.....I received the most awesome spool from Caffinee... WOW.. just so love it. It is so me. It is very Tim Holtzish. Great great great job. Love all the lttle details. The paper spool on the bigger spool has tne added the button is threaded, the key is nce and rusty (love rusty keys), the dressform s covered on oth sides. there is a clothes pin and tag on the back side to hold a picture, there is a danle hanging from the main spool ...geat embelishments and the mail spool base is awesome. THANK YOU SO MUCH. She also included a tag done in timmy style with a note.

Kel
 1 user thanked KelleyRooks for this useful post.
Caffinee on 1/28/2013(UTC)
Caffinee Offline
#363 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 7:28:21 PM(UTC)
Caffinee

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1005 time(s) in 630 post(s)
Kel - I'm surprise it got there pretty quickly but am happy that you like it. This swap was so much fun to do; a little out of my comfort zone but that was definitely part of the fun too :)
 1 user thanked Caffinee for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 1/29/2013(UTC)
trvkladd Offline
#364 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:36:58 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KelleyRooks Go to Quoted Post
Yeah what is up with that???.....BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

So off topic - this is not a drama thing - just want to see what everyone's opinions where...

I have been seeing cartridges - used - even linked ones - going for way more than what I paid for mine? Is that just supply and demand, or does anyone think that is just utter ridiculousness. When I saw the prices for the hello Kitty, I am just amazed....At those prices, thinking of selling off part of my "collection". I just don't think I could charge that much.

I was watching an Ebay auction not long ago for a used cart starting price was $40. I thought to myself why pay $40 for used when I can get it on sale at J's for less than that and it's new. I'm dumbfounded by the amount of money that people will pay for used/linked and even new carts. It's amazing to me!! I agree that it's shameful. The Hello Kitty ones are outrageous! I always wait for them to go on sale. Every few months J's will do them for $25 - 35... I got 4 right before Christmas for $25 each. DH would kill me if I spent $50 on them! I convinced him that it was like getting them buy one get one free! Maybe I didn't convince him but he let me get them Flapper Laugh LOL

BTW...been looking for the Love you a Latte cart! I don't care if it's used or linked. I don't link mine. But I would like to have the box and the book for sure. If anyone has one and would like to sell it I would love to have it at a reasonable price.

Cindy~ Spool is going in the mail today. Will be back later with the DC.

Hope everyone has a great day. If you're in the line of storms, stay safe, dry and warm. Happy crafting, ladies

~Rebecca

Edited by user Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:39:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RockinRobin1 Offline
#365 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:19:59 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1190 time(s) in 656 post(s)
Rebecca...FYI, walmart.com had lite cartridges 2 for $50 and that's how I got my Teddy Bear Parade and Pet Shop. Love You Latte was also one of the choices.

Kelly...what I can't believe is those people who buy carts, link them and then turn around and sell them. The draw with Hello Kitty is that it is no longer made as I think the license with Sanrio expired and there's people new to Cricut that want it.

I've only linked about 6 cartridges to my Gypsy because you can't unlink them. I haven't linked them to CCR yet because once you do that it automatically links to your Gypsy.

The other issue I have is people who sell their Gypsy's with cartridges linked to them and then ask 100's for it. What they fail to do is let the purchaser know that if you ever have to update or if your Gypsy goes out (like mine did once), you will lose all those cartridges that are linked. No one pays attention to the EULA anymore. I think PC did halt some eBay sales because the carts were linked and original carts were not included, but I think only after someone reported it (basically a tattle-tale).

Ok, that's my two cents.BigGrin
 1 user thanked RockinRobin1 for this useful post.
trvkladd on 1/29/2013(UTC)
demmer993462475657 Offline
#366 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:42:06 AM(UTC)
demmer993462475657

United States

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 279 post(s)
OOOHHHHHHH SHERRIE......

Cleaned out my inbox and deleted your address. Can you please resend???? Please?
I have been trying to mail this for a week and DH said to me this morning that if I print the label he will drop it at the post office before he goes to bed (he works night shift) I said (innocently) the label is on it. He said nope, its not. I looked, came in to my computer room to print a new label and whoosh....I remembered I deleted my inbox because it was too full. I thought I archived the message, but it was the wrong one. Story of my life. So please if you see this PM the address....or really anyone that has Sherries address.
Jessie G Offline
#367 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:04:26 PM(UTC)
Jessie G

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I will be mailing mine in the morning!
SherrieStevens Offline
#368 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:06:08 PM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Mine are going out to my partner tomorrow it is already to go. Thanks Sherrie

Edited by user Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:12:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KelleyRooks Offline
#369 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:08:38 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Robin can use a linked cartridge on CCR? That way if someone bought a linked cartridge they could still use software with it. I think I want to get rid of about 150 of them - Thought anyway. I don't have my gypsy, my friend still has it in Australia. I still keep toying of the idea of selling them along with the imagine and cartridges. Then don't laugh, I forgot I had the slice and about 20 discs for those plus the tools and such.

So here is a QOD - actually it is more - What are your 5 Favorite Cartridges? What cartridge were you disappointed in? What cartridge(s) did you wish you had?

1. Artiste - Loving that one
2. Sophisticated
3. Pretty Pennants
4. Winter Wonderland - love the font and the circle matted on a scalloped circle.
5. Base Camp

Disappointment - simply charmed - who puts a smiley face on everything?

I don't really have any cartridges on my wish list at thsi time - I do want them to come out with an all steampunk cart.

#370 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:25:32 PM(UTC)
demmer993462475657

United States

Thank you Sherrie for your address. My husband thinks I am nuts at this point in time.

Anyway I PM'd Sherrie and Kelly the Tracking number. Will drop it off st the PO tomorrow morning.

Denise

PS I told Sherrie I will post pictures of the one I sent her, so when she receives it I will do it.

Denise
LoriSjogren Offline
#371 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:35:04 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

United States

Was thanked: 2139 time(s) in 1406 post(s)
Candy, would you rather I wait til Saturday? It is not a problem. I know schedules can get in the way so I don't mind if you want to send yours on Saturday if it is tough for you to get a post office beforehand.

Kel, I love the questions. My favorites:
*Art Philosophy
*Holiday Frames & Tags (awesome anytime of year)
*Elegant Edges
*Folk Art Festival
*Traveler

I wish I had both Hello Kitty carts and Artiste. (I know I was only supposed to pick one but I can't!)

I was disappointed in Out of Character. I get cross-eyed trying to read the sentiments!
CandyHazzard Offline
#372 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:08:35 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 159 post(s)
Lori, it's OK if you mail before Saturday, just know I only check the PO box on Saturdays, so don't rush to mail it on a Thursday or Friday, when I probably won't get it till the next weekend anyway ... I really do seem to be having a hard time with this one ... I've started it, but not sure I like the way it's going ...
CandyHazzard Offline
#373 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:13:29 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

I really don't use my cricut a lot anymore ... still annoyed about my gypsy ... although I guess I should go check some other threads and see if they have the gypsy / create issue fixed yet.

I really like Art Nouveau, for fonts I like Pooh Font, Hannah Montana, Storybook ... and I like my paper dolls.

I haven't wanted a new one recently because it's so hard to find the handbooks on line, and I'm not going to buy one unless I know I'll use what's in it ... I have enough that I hardly use
CraftyOldBat Offline
#374 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:37:39 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 391 time(s) in 326 post(s)
I just don't use most of my cartridges. Out of almost 200 carts, I regularly use about the same 5 to 10. Sad to say, some I have never even used.

I don't understand people that don't use their carts. I love all of mine and can't imagine ever getting rid of them.

I never got the Gypsy because I'm technologically challenged and even though it sounded like a great idea, I feared I'd never master it, so didn't bother. I've never regretted the decision based on all the posts I've seen regarding the problems. It's definitely Buyer Beware when it comes to selling those things but shame on people for not educating themselves on what they purchase. I think it's very mean of people to sell them knowing they could be totally screwing the buyer but I feel it's the buyer's responsibility to know better. If they have the internet to shop Ebay then they have it to do their homework as well.

I rarely pay more than $25 for a cart and usually much less. I shop Ebay mostly and I'm very patient. I know I paid $40 for Haunted Happenings but I knew I'd get a lot of use out of it and there were a couple others I really wanted so I know I went as high as $40 for them also but only a few and that's the most I've ever paid.

I have a few I don't use right now but I know I'll get a lot of use from them if the girls get married and if I ever get to be a Grandmother LOL LOL Again, I'm patient... I actually have 2 of Tie the Knot because I forgot I already had it!Blushing

I was going to answer the questions but now I've forgotten them, guess I'll come back and do that later!

KelleyRooks Offline
#375 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:35:03 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
I don't understand people that don't use their carts. I love all of mine and can't imagine ever getting rid of them.

I never got the Gypsy because I'm technologically challenged and even though it sounded like a great idea, I feared I'd never master it, so didn't bother. I've never regretted the decision based on all the posts I've seen regarding the problems. It's definitely Buyer Beware when it comes to selling those things but shame on people for not educating themselves on what they purchase. I think it's very mean of people to sell them knowing they could be totally screwing the buyer but I feel it's the buyer's responsibility to know better. If they have the internet to shop Ebay then they have it to do their homework as well.

I rarely pay more than $25 for a cart and usually much less. I shop Ebay mostly and I'm very patient. I know I paid $40 for Haunted Happenings but I knew I'd get a lot of use out of it and there were a couple others I really wanted so I know I went as high as $40 for them also but only a few and that's the most I've ever paid.

I have a few I don't use right now but I know I'll get a lot of use from them if the girls get married and if I ever get to be a Grandmother LOL LOL Again, I'm patient... I actually have 2 of Tie the Knot because I forgot I already had it!Blushing

I was going to answer the questions but now I've forgotten them, guess I'll come back and do that later!

I bought a lot of the paper piecing disney/kid type ones thinking I would - ha ha - go back and redo all of Josh's albums. Ya' right. Not going to happen and frankly I have decided I hate paper piecing the older cartridges like Mickey and Friends. The newer ones are easier. I really like the box cuts, alphabets, and single piece cuts (i.e. gears). I really love the artiste cartridge because it has a little of everything.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:35:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MaureenSala Offline
#376 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:58:04 PM(UTC)
MaureenSala

Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 199 post(s)
My two latest carts that I purchased on ebay were no more than $12 each including shipping. There is always a good deal on most carts if you are willing to wait.

I would buy a linked cartridge/book/box, but I would not buy a linked Gypsy. I don't have a Gypsy, but do use CCR. I don't link my carts, its really no big deal to put in a cart, I've most likely pulled out the book anyways.

I bid on a few Imagines with 10 carts in the past week, but I am going to stay under a limit. One I got outbid by only a few bucks, I should have been watching it closer.

My husband is going to the SuperBowl with the guys, I am having a crop at my house on Saturday with the scrapbook club. Our theme this time is 'football widows'!!!

Maureen
LoriSjogren Offline
#377 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:02:50 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

United States

Was thanked: 2139 time(s) in 1406 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CandyHazzard Go to Quoted Post
I really don't use my cricut a lot anymore ... still annoyed about my gypsy ... although I guess I should go check some other threads and see if they have the gypsy / create issue fixed yet.

I really like Art Nouveau, for fonts I like Pooh Font, Hannah Montana, Storybook ... and I like my paper dolls.

I haven't wanted a new one recently because it's so hard to find the handbooks on line, and I'm not going to buy one unless I know I'll use what's in it ... I have enough that I hardly use

I use a Create with my Gypsy. I updated it last month after I was sure the bugs were fixed and it works great!
KelleyRooks Offline
#378 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:57:32 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: MaureenSala Go to Quoted Post
My two latest carts that I purchased on ebay were no more than $12 each including shipping. There is always a good deal on most carts if you are willing to wait.

I would buy a linked cartridge/book/box, but I would not buy a linked Gypsy. I don't have a Gypsy, but do use CCR. I don't link my carts, its really no big deal to put in a cart, I've most likely pulled out the book anyways.

I bid on a few Imagines with 10 carts in the past week, but I am going to stay under a limit. One I got outbid by only a few bucks, I should have been watching it closer.

My husband is going to the SuperBowl with the guys, I am having a crop at my house on Saturday with the scrapbook club. Our theme this time is 'football widows'!!!

Maureen

Marueen, I sent you a pm about the imagine. k
trvkladd Offline
#379 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:17:33 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
\

So here is a QOD - actually it is more - What are your 5 Favorite Cartridges? What cartridge were you disappointed in? What cartridge(s) did you wish you had?

2. Sophisticated
3. Pretty Pennants
4. Winter Wonderland - love the font and the circle matted on a scalloped circle.
5. Base Camp

I don't really have any cartridges on my wish list at thsi time - I do want them to come out with an all steampunk cart.

QOD:

Pretty Pennants
Elegant Edges
Accent Essentials...use this one more than any other lately
Cake Basics...got it to go with my Cricut Cake that I've never used. I use the cart all the time...LOL

Really was disappointed with Fancy Frames. Unless you do the frame really large it's really difficult to get a clean cut on all the little fancy edges.

Have a great night ladies

~Rebecca

cricutjunky Offline
#380 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:06:13 PM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Well i'm ashamed to say it, almost, but my E2 has been sitting there with it's cover on it for a VERY long time, I love my cameo, I am going to hang on to my cricut until I have enough images to sell it and my carts.

1. Artiste
2. TBM2
3. Wild Card2
4. Very Merry tags
5. Pooh & Friends.

I was dissapointed with Hello Kitty, I thought I would use it more, but didn't. I've sold alot of my carts that never got used and am keeping the one's I think I might use Later The most i've ever paid for a cart was 34.99 because I had to have a quilted Christmas when it first came out, other than the Artiste cart, but my sister got me a great deal it. Love
Jrcreate Offline
#381 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:39:21 PM(UTC)
Jrcreate

United States

Was thanked: 138 time(s) in 117 post(s)
I think I am losing my mind! I am normally an insomniac and haven't really slept much since last Wednesday but it is really affecting me! I have the attention span of a gnat! I packed my spool up last Thursday and thought I took it to the post office but I found it in my work bag this morning! I mailed today but left the DC number at work.....Crying will add it first thing tomorrow morning!

QOD:
Love Elegant Edges
Create a Critter
Happy Hauntings
Storybook

Disappointed- can' remember the name but the first card one-too difficult to figure out!

Jessie, I hope you like it and get some use from it!
Have a great week everyone!
Jeanene
Birdseye7776 Offline
#382 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:41:32 PM(UTC)
Birdseye7776

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 50 post(s)
QOD- Its hard to pick just 5 but I'd have to say,
Base camp,
Alphalious,
I like george, but I cant get it to load on my gypsy so its been a while since i've used it.
Walk in my garden
Doodle Charms

I've thought about selling the ones I don't use much, Is Ebay the best way to go? all of mine are linked and it makes me hesitate on selling them.
I feel like PC is going down hill, If you have another machine, what do you recommend? I just don't know if I want to start over in buying images. (I have about 90 Cartridges) Is there a way to use the Cricut Cartridges with other machines?
CandyHazzard Offline
#383 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:35:39 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Originally Posted by: LoriSjogren Go to Quoted Post
I use a Create with my Gypsy. I updated it last month after I was sure the bugs were fixed and it works great!

Lori, so they have a higher build out for the create than 1.61 ??? Yeah ... I so miss using my gypsy, particularly when I have to make 10 or 12 of the same item, you save so much paper if you use your gypsy
Beanies Mom Offline
#384 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:21:08 AM(UTC)
Beanies Mom

United States
Location: MQ: Page 15 Post 431 / Joined Date Should Be 7/13/2006

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 70 post(s)
I'm so excited Robins Spool went Postal yesterday (1/29/13) and she should have it Thursday (1/31/13).
The DC# is: 9405 5036 9930 0301 1849 58. Now the hard part waiting to see if Robin likes it and I got the clues she gave me correct. Lol

Candy, I was watching Jeapordy last night and the topic was Logos. It showed a clock and the little hand was on the Eight and the big hand was on the One or Two. Thanks to you I got the answer - After Eight Mints. Before our last swap I never would have come up with the correct answer. LOL LOL

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Debbie
RockinRobin1 Offline
#385 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:56:13 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Robin can use a linked cartridge on CCR? That way if someone bought a linked cartridge they could still use software with it. I think I want to get rid of about 150 of them - Thought anyway. I don't have my gypsy, my friend still has it in Australia. I still keep toying of the idea of selling them along with the imagine and cartridges. Then don't laugh, I forgot I had the slice and about 20 discs for those plus the tools and such.

2. Sophisticated
3. Pretty Pennants
5. Base Camp

No, once it's linked to the Gypsy you can't link it to CCR. But if you're not sure if a cart is linked or not, plug it into your Cricut then plug your Cricut into your computer and load CCR. Then click "link cart" and it will tell you if the cart is already linked. Once I got the "blue screen" issue with my Gypsy, my linked carts were wiped out and I didn't know which ones were linked. Luckily this trick helped. I'm so glad I didn't link many of mine because I still like to use my E as a stand-alone machine. I have bought some carts digitally for CCR and I like to use it, but not all the time.

1. Teddy Bear Parade
2. Storybook
3. Artiste
4. Art Philosophy
5. Sophie

Kelley, several of the Circle girls have sold their Imagines on eBay and have gotten good money for it. If you don't want to sell it there, try The Scrap Yard on FB (private group but they let anybody in.)BigGrin
RockinRobin1 Offline
#386 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:58:54 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Originally Posted by: Beanies Mom Go to Quoted Post
I'm so excited Robins Spool went Postal yesterday (1/29/13) and she should have it Thursday (1/31/13).
The DC# is: 9405 5036 9930 0301 1849 58. Now the hard part waiting to see if Robin likes it and I got the clues she gave me correct. Lol

You know I'm going to like it, I like everything you make.BigGrin

Mine should be going postal tomorrow. I wanted to change it up a little.
CraftyOldBat Offline
#387 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:12:26 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 391 time(s) in 326 post(s)
Posting pics for Kelley...
CraftyOldBat attached the following image(s):
krooksspoolswap.JPG
krooksspoolswap2.JPG
 1 user thanked CraftyOldBat for this useful post.
Caffinee on 1/30/2013(UTC)
cricutjunky Offline
#388 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:52:24 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Very nice COB, love the colors!!
#389 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:19:25 AM(UTC)
demmer993462475657

United States

Mine finally made it to the post office. I do not post DC online, but did end them to Kelley and Sherrie.

Denise
KelleyRooks Offline
#390 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:38:51 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: cricutjunky Go to Quoted Post
Very nice COB, love the colors!!

It is the one I received from Caffinee.....Didn't she do a great job. I was unable to get on here last night - try after try to post pics. COB was nice enough to post them for me.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kel

Mine is done - after the third attempt I really like this one. Will be mailing out. K
 1 user thanked KelleyRooks for this useful post.
Caffinee on 1/30/2013(UTC)