Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Sashamatchett Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:54:53 AM(UTC)
Sashamatchett

Groups: Registered

I've had my E2 for a little over a year now and have never had any issues until now. Yesterday I was cutting some things for Christmas cards and when I took the mat out I noticed that from the last cut and over to the other side of page the items i cut and the paper was cut all the way back across from when it went back over to its "home" spot. So i thought maybe I had done something, so I cut again, same thing. It's also cutting much deeper (almost the mat is cut all the way through than it ever has before. I checked to be sure the blade was in correct in case it might have fell out ect and it's all fine. Any idea what I can do to fix this?
Maxluv Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:42:36 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 455 time(s) in 344 post(s)
Are you using a new mat? If the paper isn't smack down to the mat that could happen, or you may need to adjust the pressure or the blade setting, if its cutting down into the mat the pressure must be to high.
Flo Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:24:46 AM(UTC)
Flo

Canada

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sashamatchett Go to Quoted Post
I've had my E2 for a little over a year now and have never had any issues until now. Yesterday I was cutting some things for Christmas cards and when I took the mat out I noticed that from the last cut and over to the other side of page the items i cut and the paper was cut all the way back across from when it went back over to its "home" spot. So i thought maybe I had done something, so I cut again, same thing. It's also cutting much deeper (almost the mat is cut all the way through than it ever has before. I checked to be sure the blade was in correct in case it might have fell out ect and it's all fine. Any idea what I can do to fix this?

I agree with maxluv your blade depth could be too high, do a test cut on 3 then check if the paper comes off the mat keep going in 1/2 increments till it cuts through. I find I cut 200gm cardstock on a blade depth of 4 most people tell me to cut it with a blade depth of 6, (even the machine). I often do a multicut with a lesser blade depth for a nicer cut. All my machines I now do a cut with the blade higher then try to lift the paper if it doesn't lift then dont unload the mat just cut again till it cuts. If you sloww the speed the pressure increases so be careful of that as well. Also if your mat is bent on the edges sometimes this will lift the mat up into the blades cutting area. Make sure you have not inadvertently put in a deep cut bladeas this can do it as well. HTH's
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:18:08 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18387 time(s) in 8170 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sashamatchett Go to Quoted Post

Usually when this happens, you need to reset your Cricut. I have the reset procedure for both the older Cricut models and the E2 on my blog:

http://scrapalette.blogspot.com/p/cricut-help.html

If that doesn't fix the problem, call PC and CS will help you troubleshoot.
largewally205c0244 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:50:09 PM(UTC)
largewally205c0244

mine is doing this and it's brand spankin' new! I've tried changing the depth and the pressure....still NOT cutting through a light weight card stock!
Calling PC in the morning.
Spookysnip Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 6:48:22 AM(UTC)
Spookysnip

Canada

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I had a similar problem when I got my E2, the blade kept nicking the paper. The mat was curved from the box (it was curving around the machine when I pulled it out). Unfortunately the mat never really flatened out despite many attempts to flatten it. When I got a new mat that solved my issue. I'm not sure if this is your issue, but I thought I'd mention it.
 1 user thanked Spookysnip for this useful post.
SherylRoberts749dd3e8ee on 1/2/2013(UTC)
Sashamatchett Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 5:32:52 PM(UTC)
Sashamatchett

I forgot I had posted this... I tried changing the blade settings ect and it still does it. I will try a new mat and see if that helps, thanks!