Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

GrammaP Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 7:05:17 AM(UTC)
GrammaP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 145 post(s)
Does anyone know when this will be on DS? I want to use it and i use DS for evertyhing--I have now had athe cartridge for over 6 weeks and am starting to get annoyed with PC--anyone else feel the same way?Angry Angry
 1 user thanked GrammaP for this useful post.
Barbi on 12/7/2012(UTC)
TammyPuckett Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 7:30:54 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I have been annoyed with PC for a while now! I love my machines, but haven't bought anything Cricut in a while!
Eleanor Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 7:44:56 AM(UTC)
Eleanor

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I share your frustration. I just got Folk Art Festival and can't use as I only use DS as well. I did do a test cut with the Expression just to make sure the cartridge works. Last update for carts was October. It would be nice to make some cuts for Christmas cards. Time is running out for that .
MaryStillman Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 9:54:32 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1210 time(s) in 763 post(s)
I wouldn't count on it getting to DS in time for Christmas.

I've learned my lesson not to buy carts until I can actually use with either DS or the gypsy. I bought several Father's Day cards when the things first came out and the things did not show up on the gypsy until several weeks after Father's Day.

I think the big push is toward digital and CCR. With CCR, PC can track what you create, and the cut files belong to them. Tracking consumers use of products is a big thing in the business world nowdays, and I think PC can get away with it because of using the software free and the free cut files that are provided. I have to admit, when the reindeer head was free, I did turn off my firewall and opened CCR and made some cuts. I did learn my lesson though, because something got hacked. I do not know if it was turning off the firewall or Facebook, though, so I cannot blame PC for this. But, I digress. I don't purchase carts anymore unless I see the carts are either listed in DS or on the gypsy.

Mary

Edited by user Saturday, December 08, 2012 9:55:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 10:28:18 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18430 time(s) in 8191 post(s)
I think, if you're a DS user only, you may be in for some disappointment. DS is over 5 years old and CCR is the design program that can support the newest Cricut technology. I can't see any company continuing to offer free updates for an old, no longer produced software program. I'm actually quite surprised that free updates were ever offered.

What I see happening is CCR evolving into a purchased software program.

Also, the .cut files created in DS belong to PC because they all use images from Cricut carts.
GrammaP Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 6:06:22 PM(UTC)
GrammaP

United States

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I think, if you're a DS user only, you may be in for some disappointment. DS is over 5 years old and CCR is the design program that can support the newest Cricut technology. I can't see any company continuing to offer free updates for an old, no longer produced software program. I'm actually quite surprised that free updates were ever offered.

Also, the .cut files created in DS belong to PC because they all use images from Cricut carts.

Makes sense but the CCR will not work for me!!
scrapalette Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 7:36:12 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Originally Posted by: GrammaP Go to Quoted Post
Makes sense but the CCR will not work for me!!

Is it your internet or is something else keeping CCR from working? Because if it's something else, we can try to help you get it resolved. Narelle is a genius at figuring out why a specific antivirus program is blocking CCR or if it's an adobe air issue or what not.
Dragonfly50 Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 4:17:44 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Maybe try calling PC and asking if this will be updated soon.
If they know there is still an interest in updates they may be more likely to do them sooner rather than later.

D-
GrammaP Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 4:44:58 PM(UTC)
GrammaP

United States

Is it your internet or is something else keeping CCR from working? Because if it's something else, we can try to help you get it resolved. Narelle is a genius at figuring out why a specific antivirus program is blocking CCR or if it's an adobe air issue or what not.

just keeps initializing
scrapalette Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 5:20:27 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Originally Posted by: GrammaP Go to Quoted Post
just keeps initializing

That usually means your anti-virus software is blocking it. What anti-virus software program do you use? Look over in the CCR forum as Narelle has instructions on how to add CCR to a lot of the anti-virus programs that block it.

Or, call PC and they can help you add CCR as an exception to your anti-virus software.
JeanP Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 5:46:29 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 736 time(s) in 619 post(s)

I have an E and an E2. I use DS all the time with my E and cannot get CCR to communicate with my E2 so it is useless to me!!!!!! I can run it by itself but it's not worth it just cutting one thing at a time. The software makes everything so much easier and I don't cut anything without it.
PC did say they would continue with DS updates but we know how that works!!

PC offers free files and I cannot take advantage of them because of this communication problem

I have done everything Narelle suggested and still nothing!!!

As a last resort, I was told to call PC. Well, I have done that 3 times only to be put on hold FOREVER!!!!! I cannot sit by my phone waiting forever for someone to help me out. It is sooooo frustrating.
I keep thinking that maybe after the holidays I may get thru and it will be better but not if everyone gets new machinesBigGrin Time will tell.
From reading other posts, I am not alone.

MaryStillman Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 9:31:58 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1210 time(s) in 763 post(s)
I hope it is not PC policy to recommend turning off the anti-virus or firewall so that we can run CCR.

Be aware of the dangers of doing so.

I turned off the firewall and anti-virus and I did get hacked. I cannot say for certain if it was from doing that so I could run CCR, so I don't want to blame PC. I'm just saying be aware of the consequences and think about running a full system scan with your anti-virus when you are finished with CCR and have turned your anti-virus/firewall back on.

Mary