Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

nicolesrodulskiab0b99ea Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 8:56:40 PM(UTC)
nicolesrodulskiab0b99ea

Groups: Registered

I just upgraded from the original Cricut to the Cricut Expressions and part of the bundle I purchased included the Teresa Collins December 25th digital cartridge. I have never used the CCR or a digital cartridge so I'm a little lost as to how to get started. With some of the physical cartridges, the keypad overlay includes buttons for the additional features that the cartridge contains (i.e. tag, card, etc.), but I don't see those on the digital version. I was hoping to use this cartridge to make some Christmas cards, so how do I go about setting it up on the virtual mat? Do I first select a paper size (if that can be done) and then just place the image to be cut where I think it should go? That seems kind of hit or miss to me. At least with the physical cartridge, you can select the card feature and then select the size to be cut. I did not see anything like this in the tutorials. Any help that can be provided would be GREATLY appreaciated. Thank you!Confused
keysdeb Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 9:10:33 PM(UTC)
keysdeb

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I don't have the Expressions, but I love CCR. Your Expression should have a USB cable or wireless adaptor in order to sync your Cricut with CCR. When you update your Cricut (if needed)it will "read" your machine. It automatically sets the paper size for you. At the bottom of the screen you will see a shift key, which will access all of the cartridge features. You can set your size on the bottom tool bar as well. You can "group" images to size them all the same. Layers can be a bit tricky but you can virtually overlay each layer to see if the fit is correct.

This is just the tip of what CCR can do. Cricut.com and You Tube have very helpful videos that will really help. HTH a little bit, I am pretty new at it too. Deb

Narelle Online
#3 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 10:09:12 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7601 time(s) in 3545 post(s)
December 25th doesn't have any feature keys or Shift images.

If an image has a layer you will find it on the button below the main image key. For example the first button on the first row is Merry Christmas. The key below that is the shadow for Merry Christmas.

What I generally do to get my sizing correct is add a rectangle/square (or whatever shape card you are making) to my mat using Cricut Craft Room Basics at the size my finished card will be.

Then I place my images on another layer and resize them to fit the card.

You don't have to cut the layer with the card shape on it if you don't want to. Just select your other layer/s when you go to cut.

So long as you have the Expression selected as the default machine in the Machine & Mat menu on the left your mat size will be automatically set to 12x12.

HTH! BigGrin

Edited by user Friday, November 30, 2012 10:10:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nicolesrodulskiab0b99ea Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 7:39:31 AM(UTC)
nicolesrodulskiab0b99ea

Thank you very much for the help - Narelle what you said makes sense, although when I try to size a card it doesn't stay the size that I make it. I was using a card feature from a different cartridge, but maybe I'll try again with the craft room basics cart. I basically gave up knowing that the Dec 25th cartridge didn't have the additional features I was looking for. I decided to use the card feature from one of my physical cartridges and then use the Dec 25 cart for the images, but now I have a new problem. I tried to cut the image from the CCR and it won't let me even though I downloaded the PC version to my computer last night. When I tell the CCR to cut, I get an error message that says that cutting is not available because I am using the design version and in order to cut I need to install craft room on my computer (which I have already done). For some reason when I try to open the CCR on the computer it just gets stuck on the initializing screen & doesn't move. I love my machines and unfortunately I didn't realize that the Dec 25 cartridge was digital. If I had paid attention to that detail I may not have purchased this bundle. I'm not giving up, but I'm not very happy with the CCR right now.Unsure
Narelle Online
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 8:06:29 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7601 time(s) in 3545 post(s)
Getting stuck at the initializing screen means that your anti-virus program is blocking CCR.

You need to go into your a/v programs settings and add cricut-craft room.exe and CCRBridge.exe as exceptions.

If you need help doing that please let me know what anti-virus program you have and I can give you more info.

Or, you can give Provocraft customer service a call and they'll walk you through the process. They love to help! Smile