Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MaryScraps Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:58:19 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,313
United States

Thanks: 9017 times
Was thanked: 6699 time(s) in 2726 post(s)
I was reading that someone they did not work with CCR and the Imagine.

I am happy to report I tried one of them today and it cut out perfectly.

Funny (0dd) that it worked for me this way.

But, if I use a cartridge it doesn't work so well with CCR.
 2 users thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
rhondah* on 11/29/2012(UTC), JenniferHawkins2 on 11/29/2012(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:25:15 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,005

Thanks: 924 times
Was thanked: 1631 time(s) in 749 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapbooking_Grandma Go to Quoted Post
I was reading that someone they did not work with CCR and the Imagine.

I am happy to report I tried one of them today and it cut out perfectly.

Funny (0dd) that it worked for me this way.

But, if I use a cartridge it doesn't work so well with CCR.



I already own Create a Critter......... the single Imagine Images for CAC wouldnt cut for me (said I didnt have that cartridge)........ It appears I have to repurchase each of them to cut with my imagine? The original files cut from CAC cut fine with my imagine

Originally PC promised we would be able to cut composite images from original carts from our gypsy on our imagine, print and cut a flat image......... PC has never delivered on this promise...... If this is finally going to be available to Imagine Owers via CCR.......if we own the cartridge, I dont feel the graphics should have to be repurchased again to work as promised on the imagine.


http://www.tammyskinner....nal-details-for-now.html

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to start today's post by saying, "Thanks!" for all the participation this week! I appreciate everyone's comments and opinions... good or bad and have compiled them and will forward them all to Provocraft next week. I also want to say "Thanks" for allowing me to veer from the 'crafty' blog to the 'informational' blog for the week. I promise to 'make it up' to you next week with TONS of projects (a few gypsy cutfiles!) and of course, HELLO THURSDAY for August 2010! OMGoodness where has the summer gone!?

So, for my last post this week on the Cricut Imagine... I want to correct and add a few points:

1. The Imagine artwork cartridges will be $89.99, but the 12 Pattern cartridges for the Imagine will be only $49.99.

2) I just found out that all the creative features of the Cricut Expression are available on the Cricut Imagine EXCEPT the 'CENTERPOINT' feature. You will still need to use your expression for that function.


3) Just like with the expression, you cannot place images at a specified location with respect to the mat using the LCD screen. However, you can do this with your Gypsy and remember... it is COMPATIBLE WITH THE GYPSY. (sry... couldn't resist just one more time :-p... you know I love my gypsy!)

4) Yes, you will be able to print out a composite image from Original Cricut cartridges by coloring the layers and combining (welding) them on a Gypsy. This will be enabled in a near future update to the Gypsy.


5) You can adjust the bleed thickness around the image so that you get smaller borders.


6) You can use thin chipboard (like cereal boxes maybe) with the Imagine but thicker chipboard will not bend enough to move through the rollers.


7) Welding will not be a feature of the Imagine. The Gypsy does that.


8) The smallest image size that can be selected is 0.3 inches. WOW! That is SMALL!


9) The machine weighs 28 lbs. Dimensions are 24.5 L x 13.5 W x 7 H... which is good to know!


10) Imagine will not be compatible with third party cutting software. DUH! Now come on people... I know that many of you are fans of third party software, but why in the world you not expect for Provocraft to protect their product?


11) For those asking about the possibility of 'Re-inking' the printer cartridges... it has not been done, but they are HP cartridges, so is quite possible. And while it is not recommended, might be a good option for those of you who are concerned with the costs of the printer cartridges.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:28:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MaryScraps Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:14:28 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,313
United States

Thanks: 9017 times
Was thanked: 6699 time(s) in 2726 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
I already own Create a Critter......... the single Imagine Images for CAC wouldnt cut for me (said I didnt have that cartridge)........ It appears I have to repurchase each of them to cut with my imagine? The original files cut from CAC cut fine with my imagine

Originally PC promised we would be able to cut composite images from original carts from our gypsy on our imagine, print and cut a flat image......... PC has never delivered on this promise...... If this is finally going to be available to Imagine Owers via CCR.......if we own the cartridge, I dont feel the graphics should have to be repurchased again to work as promised on the imagine.


http://www.tammyskinner....nal-details-for-now.html

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to start today's post by saying, "Thanks!" for all the participation this week! I appreciate everyone's comments and opinions... good or bad and have compiled them and will forward them all to Provocraft next week. I also want to say "Thanks" for allowing me to veer from the 'crafty' blog to the 'informational' blog for the week. I promise to 'make it up' to you next week with TONS of projects (a few gypsy cutfiles!) and of course, HELLO THURSDAY for August 2010! OMGoodness where has the summer gone!?

So, for my last post this week on the Cricut Imagine... I want to correct and add a few points:

1. The Imagine artwork cartridges will be $89.99, but the 12 Pattern cartridges for the Imagine will be only $49.99.

2) I just found out that all the creative features of the Cricut Expression are available on the Cricut Imagine EXCEPT the 'CENTERPOINT' feature. You will still need to use your expression for that function.


3) Just like with the expression, you cannot place images at a specified location with respect to the mat using the LCD screen. However, you can do this with your Gypsy and remember... it is COMPATIBLE WITH THE GYPSY. (sry... couldn't resist just one more time :-p... you know I love my gypsy!)

4) Yes, you will be able to print out a composite image from Original Cricut cartridges by coloring the layers and combining (welding) them on a Gypsy. This will be enabled in a near future update to the Gypsy.


5) You can adjust the bleed thickness around the image so that you get smaller borders.


6) You can use thin chipboard (like cereal boxes maybe) with the Imagine but thicker chipboard will not bend enough to move through the rollers.


7) Welding will not be a feature of the Imagine. The Gypsy does that.


8) The smallest image size that can be selected is 0.3 inches. WOW! That is SMALL!


9) The machine weighs 28 lbs. Dimensions are 24.5 L x 13.5 W x 7 H... which is good to know!


10) Imagine will not be compatible with third party cutting software. DUH! Now come on people... I know that many of you are fans of third party software, but why in the world you not expect for Provocraft to protect their product?


11) For those asking about the possibility of 'Re-inking' the printer cartridges... it has not been done, but they are HP cartridges, so is quite possible. And while it is not recommended, might be a good option for those of you who are concerned with the costs of the printer cartridges.



I know they promised that. And they delivered on it. But, I think they ran into problems b/c people could do that with the disney images. Since they didn't renew the rights to those images they took away that feature for that reason. That is to my understanding of it.
That it had something to do with the disney rights.
I only purchased the Images that I wanted to print and cut on the Imagine from CAC.
I didn't buy or want them all. So that is a situation beyond their control.
We don't always know the reasons why PC does the things they do.
But, that was the information I had read on the MB a long time ago.

Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:44:41 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,686
Australia
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Thanks: 1983 times
Was thanked: 7607 time(s) in 3549 post(s)
I just wanted to make the point that Tammy Skinner doesn't work for Provocraft. It's possible there could have been a miscommunication between her and PC. (Not saying there was, just that maaaaaaaybe there was.)

I own CAC as well and bought a couple of my favourite composite images from the cart so I could easily cut the layers on my Imagine. There's plenty on the cart that I'd never cut so I was happy to pay the 69cents for the ones I really wanted. (Come on, it's a koala! I had to get it!!!) BigGrin
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 11/29/2012(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 1:56:26 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,313
United States

Thanks: 9017 times
Was thanked: 6699 time(s) in 2726 post(s)
Thanks Narelle! I didn't even pay attention to where the info was obtained.

I really like the printed version of CAC.

While I wouldn't pay full price for these cuts.

I couldn't pass up the .69 deal. I got what I wanted and didn't have to pay a small fortune.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:03:18 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,005

Thanks: 924 times
Was thanked: 1631 time(s) in 749 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapbooking_Grandma Go to Quoted Post
I know they promised that. And they delivered on it. But, I think they ran into problems b/c people could do that with the disney images. Since they didn't renew the rights to those images they took away that feature for that reason. That is to my understanding of it.
That it had something to do with the disney rights.
I only purchased the Images that I wanted to print and cut on the Imagine from CAC.
I didn't buy or want them all. So that is a situation beyond their control.
We don't always know the reasons why PC does the things they do.
But, that was the information I had read on the MB a long time ago.



Your reply is disturbing to me on many levels.......... We agree that PC promised the ability to cut composite images from original carts via the gypsy on our Cricut Imagine. I think Jinger also mentioned this on the HSN debut??? I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong :-)

As a consumer, I bought the Imagine in good faith that it would do what PC and PC-sponsored Bloggers said it would do. PC has never made an official statement as to why they havent delivered this feature as promised, BUT if what you say about running into legalities is true then that really isn't my problem that PC didn't research and verify what they were able to do before they hyped features of the Imagine publicly. I own Create a Critter; and, I dont feel I should have to REPURCHASE the graphics again to cut as I was promised I would be able to on my Imagine! Cutting composite images on the imagine was the major reason I bought the Imagine......... In my opinion, users shouldn't have to pay 2 times for graphic files because PC didn't do its homework before telling their users that the Imagine would have this capability via the gypsy.

GracefulGrammar Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:15:49 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,005

Thanks: 924 times
Was thanked: 1631 time(s) in 749 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
I just wanted to make the point that Tammy Skinner doesn't work for Provocraft. It's possible there could have been a miscommunication between her and PC. (Not saying there was, just that maaaaaaaybe there was.)

I own CAC as well and bought a couple of my favourite composite images from the cart so I could easily cut the layers on my Imagine. There's plenty on the cart that I'd never cut so I was happy to pay the 69cents for the ones I really wanted. (Come on, it's a koala! I had to get it!!!) BigGrin


My understanding was that Tammy was in contact with PC developers; and, she sought their input to questions that were submitted by her readers. I may be very wrong in that understanding. I realize she is not a PC employee, but I feel that PC does bear an ethical responsibility to make sure that the bloggers that PC supplies a machine to for preview and hype to consumers are given the correct and most up-to-date information........ many consumers rely on these blog previews for the straight scoop before purchasing.

http://cleversomeday.wor...0/imagine-learn/........ This article written my Clever Someday may provide people with some more insight.
jscraftylady Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:27:28 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/18/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,463
Location: Alabama

Thanks: 499 times
Was thanked: 2045 time(s) in 1117 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
Your reply is disturbing to me on many levels.......... We agree that PC promised the ability to cut composite images from original carts via the gypsy on our Cricut Imagine. I think Jinger also mentioned this on the HSN debut??? I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong :-)

As a consumer, I bought the Imagine in good faith that it would do what PC and PC-sponsored Bloggers said it would do. PC has never made an official statement as to why they havent delivered this feature as promised, BUT if what you say about running into legalities is true then that really isn't my problem that PC didn't research and verify what they were able to do before they hyped features of the Imagine publicly. I own Create a Critter; and, I dont feel I should have to REPURCHASE the graphics again to cut as I was promised I would be able to on my Imagine! Cutting composite images on the imagine was the major reason I bought the Imagine......... In my opinion, users shouldn't have to pay 2 times for graphic files because PC didn't do its homework before telling their users that the Imagine would have this capability via the gypsy.



Oh, Jinger mentioned a lot of things that never happened (or happened months later and didn't work very well). Remember the promise that you could change the color of anything you wanted to cut? I believe it was known at the time as the "flood fill" debacle. Or the very deliberate ambiguity about whether or not the Imagine would work with the Gypsy and how long it took to make that happen. I remember several folks on the messageboard sending their Imagines back at the end of the free return period because they still hadn't worked out getting the machine to work with the Gypsy after promising that it would.
MaryScraps Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:04:14 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,313
United States

Thanks: 9017 times
Was thanked: 6699 time(s) in 2726 post(s)
Look, I was just happy with my purchase and that the images cut out perfectly.

I am getting tired of constantly reading about PC's unkept promises.

If I choose to purchase these images that is my business.

I am happy with my machines and cartridges.

I really am tired of every thread I open there has to be something about PC's unkept promises.

It had nothing to do with my orginal post.

My post was one of happiness for the good deal I got on these images.

I have no issues with promises that didn't materialize.

The reason is because things can happen that keep them from fulfilling them.

I do not need to know, nor is it my buisness what every move this company makes.

I focus on creating. As long as my machines do what "I" want them to do. That is all that matters.

If you were not happy with your machines when you bought them. You should have returned them.

Or, never bought them in the first place. Because they didn't do what you wanted them to do at the time of the purchase.

Can we now get back to crafting around these MB's.

All that people use this mb for is to complain. I'm tired of hearing the complaining.

Good Grief go craft or something.

I don't normally speak my mind but in this case. I have had just about enough.

Edited by user Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:07:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
blackbearblackbear on 11/29/2012(UTC)
World.Of.Hoard-Craft Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:16:52 PM(UTC)
World.Of.Hoard-Craft

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/13/2012(UTC)
Posts: 34

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
If you don't want public opinion, perhaps posting on a public forum was a poor choice.
PC made promises they didn't /couldn't keep, and people feel bamboozled.
Seems straightfoward to me.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.527 seconds.
nebo-cricut-02