Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LJ Raiche Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:19:26 AM(UTC)
LJ Raiche

Groups: Registered

I am trying to begin using the cricut craftroom, I have it downloaded to my computer as well as the sync and my E2 is hoooked up. It did the inital update, however it is stuck at initializing library, it has done this to me before. Am I doing something wrong? I have it hooked up to my computer and do not have the wifi adapater as I have wifi in my house. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:57:45 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7601 time(s) in 3545 post(s)
Originally Posted by: laceyraicheeb04ed3b Go to Quoted Post
I am trying to begin using the cricut craftroom, I have it downloaded to my computer as well as the sync and my E2 is hoooked up. It did the inital update, however it is stuck at initializing library, it has done this to me before. Am I doing something wrong? I have it hooked up to my computer and do not have the wifi adapater as I have wifi in my house. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

Being stuck at the Initializing screen usually means your anti-virus software is blocking it. You need to add CCRBridge.exe and Cricut-CraftRoom.exe as exceptions to your program.
xcalamityx Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:04:52 PM(UTC)
xcalamityx

United Kingdom

Me too, sometimes it will work and not others. I have allowed the anti virus access for the bridge but still can't get passed the initialise stage, sometimes craft room won't open either Crying
territickled04055c2 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:37:06 AM(UTC)
territickled04055c2

mine is the same just says initializing how do you allow something through your anti virus?
Car53 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:14:29 PM(UTC)
Car53

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am also having problems with CCR initialising and I have also configured both the antivirus and firewall to allow ccrbridge.exe etc in Norton Internet Security. I didn't have these problems with the previous release and I have even tried to install it instead but now it won't work either! If I remove Norton it works fine but I should not have to resort to that! Surely there is a way of dealing with this as there seems to be an awful lot of folk with the same problem.
LJ Raiche Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:34:09 PM(UTC)
LJ Raiche

As far as I know, I have no antivirus software on my computer. I have never purchased it and it has never "run" on my computer to detect viruses. So I don't believe that this is the problem. I have emailed Cricut, however have yet to hear back from them as I haven't had time to call them. Any other suggestions on what is causing this problem?
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:34:05 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
Originally Posted by: laceyraicheeb04ed3b Go to Quoted Post
As far as I know, I have no antivirus software on my computer. I have never purchased it and it has never "run" on my computer to detect viruses. So I don't believe that this is the problem. I have emailed Cricut, however have yet to hear back from them as I haven't had time to call them. Any other suggestions on what is causing this problem?

What kind of computer do you have? If it's a MAC, I don't know anything about those. If it's a desktop PC, there is probably some kind of software that came with it for antivirus (automatically loaded on your computer).

Char
LJ Raiche Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:50:36 PM(UTC)
LJ Raiche

It's a Mac, I looked up under my finder and found an iantivirus, that has never even ran on my computer, I added the CCR app and the Cricut Sync it's list so we'll see if it works, in the process now. Otherwise hopefully support can help me out.