Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Jeanene Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 2:04:54 PM(UTC)
Jeanene

Groups: Registered

I posted this over on the CCR forum and got some great feedback from CCR users and then it occured to me that it would be helpful to get input from other gypsy junkies:

I am a loyal gypsy user and I am worried since my gypsy is getting slower each time I use it. I am fearful of the black screen of death I have heard so much about. I decided I should sync everything to CCR in case that happens since I will not invest more money in a new gypsy after this experience. I have never liked CCR and don't like to tote my computer to crops and rely on internet access to cut but this seems to be my only choice. I have several questions:

1. Are there other options I should consider besides switching to CCR or buying a new gypsy?
2. If the carts are already linked to a gypsy, can I link them to CCR?
3. Is there a way to get all of my carts from the gypsy onto my CCR account without once again manually inserting each cart into the cricut?
4. What happens to the free carts I got with my gypsy? Will I still be able to use them since I don't own a physical cart to insert for syncing?

Help!
Jeanene
everettmom Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 2:40:36 PM(UTC)
everettmom

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I believe at this time you cannot link your carts to ccr IF they have been linked to a gypsy. My understanding is that you need to link to CCR first, then link your carts to your gypsy.

Free carts will probably go away with the exception of the free gypsy fonts/shapes that camp preloaded on the gypsy.

Provocraft has not given us the option of synching our gypsy's to CCR...YET.. apparently they are "working" on it. currently there is no way of synching your carts from your Gypsy to CCR.

Hope that helps.

I'm not a big CCR fan..mostly because i don't want to be tied to my computer to craft.
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 3:11:05 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18392 time(s) in 8170 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jeanene Go to Quoted Post

4. What happens to the free carts I got with my gypsy? Will I still be able to use them since I don't own a physical cart to insert for syncing?

Help!
Jeanene

I think the answer depends on "where" the carts on your gypsy came from. If you bought a gypsy while PC was doing the promo and got free carts, then those should be restored on a new gypsy if you get one and have it reserialized when your current gypsy dies.

If you bought a used gypsy that someone had linked carts to it already, you would lose those carts.
Jeanene Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:07:01 AM(UTC)
Jeanene

Thanks for the info...I guess I will wait to see if they really are "working on it".