Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

grammasue Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:39:30 PM(UTC)
grammasue

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 265 post(s)
The Expo was not well attended by participants or vendors. One of the vendors told me they only had 500 folks attend yesterday and from what I saw today they had even less. The class I took only had about 15 people with the back half of the room blocked off. This was the first Expo I have attended which was nothing like the Creative Keepsakes conventions that I have attended. I think most were very disappointed. Did see Cricut Dan who had a booth bless his heart. One booth did have Copic markers for $3.22 each. I got some other miscellaneous stuff that I had not seen in our stores. Bottom line....those of you who were unable to attend or did not hear about it, you didn't miss a thing.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:51:37 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1623 time(s) in 743 post(s)
grammasue wrote:
The Expo was not well attended by participants or vendors. One of the vendors told me they only had 500 folks attend yesterday and from what I saw today they had even less. The class I took only had about 15 people with the back half of the room blocked off. This was the first Expo I have attended which was nothing like the Creative Keepsakes conventions that I have attended. I think most were very disappointed. Did see Cricut Dan who had a booth bless his heart. One booth did have Copic markers for $3.22 each. I got some other miscellaneous stuff that I had not seen in our stores. Bottom line....those of you who were unable to attend or did not hear about it, you didn't miss a thing.

At the beginning of November the scrapbook expo will be Sacramento, Ca. I am looking forward to attending. I was glad to see there was some bargains for you. The last few times I have attended it was fun to look at the products and see all the new things, but I could do much better shopping online.

I guess the our poor economy is really having an effect judging by your numbers. Thanks for the update...... sorry it wasn't as grand as it usually is.
Demention Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 10:22:48 PM(UTC)
Demention

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Oh no! That's not good. The Scrapbook expo is supposed to be here in KC October 8-9th. I took off the 8th to attend. I hope the venders show up! Last year they had a vender selling really good quality card stock 5 lbs for 20 bucks or something to that effect. I am hoping they are there again! I want to stock up.
PRJ Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 6:13:20 AM(UTC)
PRJ

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 7 post(s)
That was the smallest Scrapbook Expo I've ever been to (and I go to 5 or so per year). It was the 1st year and I think they planned it at the last minute and did not advertise it. I am hopeful with it on the schedule from the get go for 2011 it will be better. I guess some vendors will not do the first year of a show which does not help people want to come back.
newbutterfly Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 8:18:45 AM(UTC)
newbutterfly

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)
GracefulGrammar wrote:
At the beginning of November the scrapbook expo will be Sacramento, Ca. I am looking forward to attending. I was glad to see there was some bargains for you. The last few times I have attended it was fun to look at the products and see all the new things, but I could do much better shopping online.

I guess the our poor economy is really having an effect judging by your numbers. Thanks for the update...... sorry it wasn't as grand as it usually is.

the first one I've ever been to was in Sacramento 2 years ago. I'm debating on going this year, as it's a bit of a drive for me. Anywho, the one in Sac was the biggest of the three I've been to (Pleasanton, Santa Clara). I have noticed the one in Santa Clara has gotten smaller - the last one I was in there for maybe 30 minutes? I only got a few things, but to be honest it was a last minute decision for me to pop in after getting off work early. I'm sure if I had the extra time I would have bought quite a bit more.