Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<6789>
Ann Offline
#211 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:09:09 AM(UTC)
Ann

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Morning allSmile Susan,i hope you can sort out your ink problem,i am mostly glad i sold mine when i did,only time i wish i had kept it is if i am in a rush to do a quick card,was ideal for that.Good LuckWub
I have only made 3 christmas cards so far,just hav'nt had the time this year,dont know where time goes but have enjoyed creating the ones i have made,used the 25th December cart,very quick and easy cuts.
I sold my Cuttlebug yesterday,had to reduce the price down a bit but i'm happy with the amount i got,all helps towards the cost of my recent new toysThumpUp and i am bidding on a cartridge at the moment that ends on thursday,keeping my fingers crossed i win it,folk art festivalThumpUp
Are you all ready for christmas? I only have a couple of presents left to get and my fresh food,not bad for me,usually rushing around at the last minute.
Anyway all,toast has just popped up so must go for now!
Ang Offline
#212 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 1:12:43 PM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Evening all,

Wet and dark here today, but at least its almost the shortest day, so things can only get better then!
Just got a couple of family cards to make and then thats it! so hopefully get them done tonight, got some lovely pearlised card so going to try that out!

Hope everone is ok and not too stressed with christmas now almost on us!

take care

ang
Ann Offline
#213 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:23:01 AM(UTC)
Ann

Hi All,hope everyone is well and ready for the big daySmile I still have a couple of things to get so will be off into weston on saturday to join the mad crowds,it will be a very brief visit i thinkLOL
I made 6 cards yesterday for my school work colleagues,now just need to do the family,probably be the weekend before i have chance.
Tomorrow is my last day at both work places until thursday 27th when i have to go to Morrisons,no school until 9th jan!! as we have 2 in service days on 7th and 8th but i dont need to do them,well chuffedThumpUp Not going to say i will get chance to do any crafting,dont want to jinx it,but it would be niceThumpUp
Not much going on here recently,everyone busy with their crimbo plans i expect.
Take Care all x
Gadget girl Offline
#214 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 4:54:30 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Finally managed to log onto this MB.

My Imagine is working ok now. Went through the reset thingy with CS and not sure what happened but cartridges are printing out fine. Using original Imagine ones though not the HP ones that were suggested for Imagine, even though they fit in and looked exactly the same. Not sure I dare try them again but they are lots cheaper than the others.

My son is home from Uni now so we are all together for Christmas, Yipee! BigGrin

Its been pretty wet, windy and miserable here. We all went swimming and then did a bit of the food shopping. More to do tomorrow maybe. Might go see The Hobbit.

Just making some albums for my brothers for Christmas about my Dad using my Heidi Swapp stash and my other machine to cut vinyl words out! Have decorated a box with a Cricut word and painted it using Tim Holtz crackle paint. Love that stuff. I even had Cricut like me on facebook and Cricut is following me on my Instagram. Love Instagram too.

Not used any of my machines much, busy doing stuff and making memories so no time to scrap them yet. BigGrin

Hope everyone is well. Susan xx
Ang Offline
#215 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:09:38 AM(UTC)
Ang

Hi all,
from a very wet Somerset!!

have you seen the C&C website today? there are cricut carts from £9.99 and the Imagine inks are down to £29.99 - have ordered a colour ink as i only have 1 spare

take care all & have a good christmas!

Ang

ps hate the codes - why we got them yet again!!
Ann Offline
#216 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:01:04 PM(UTC)
Ann

Evening allSmile
I went into town this afternoon to get the rest of the christmas presents,it was drizzling slightly when i left home,by the time i got home i was soaking wet as the heavens had opened,now all cozy and warm in my loungeThumpUp and not going out again todayThumpUp Horrible weather though and i have heard there is some local flooding again,i feel so sorry for anyone having that happen to them but especially this time of year,must be awful.
Dont know if i said before but i have my middle son's bearded dragons living with us now,a male and female so you know what that meansLOL I have been a bit scared to take them out of the vivarium,especially the male who is very quick,anyway,thought i would let the male out for a bit of bonding time,he came tearing out,ran through the lounge,saw the cat and legged it under a chair,i was running after him trying to pick him up but they go flat to the ground when they are trying to camouflage themselves,in the end he came out and just ran back to the viv!! It sounds funny but my heart was racing,not sure i'm cut out to keep dragons,too scared of them although when my son had them i held them frequently,they are very docile creatures and dont bite so i dont know why i'm scared reallyScared
I'm going to attempt to make some cards this evening as hav'nt done any for the family yet,would rather sit and watch tv to be honest,need to find my mojoLOL
Take Care all xx
Ang Offline
#217 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 3:58:05 PM(UTC)
Ang

hi all,
Ann - what is a bearded dragon?

why is it you always seem to get cards from people you totally forgot!!so need more cards andhave totally run out so think i will use serif craft artist to print some - very quick easy!!

Hope everyone has a good christmas

take care

ang
Protter Offline
#218 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 4:18:28 AM(UTC)
Protter

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 436 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Happy Christmas everyone ...Love

Karen xx
Shadow Offline
#219 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:19:04 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Same here - hope everybody had a good Christmas

Luv Pauline x
ElizabethSmith Offline
#220 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:15:09 PM(UTC)
ElizabethSmith

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Merry Christmas Ladies hope you are all having a Good One?

Not been here for weeks sorry lots of personal stuff going hoping it'll quiet down now though, sold loads of my cricut stuff and invested in another that most of you have but not had chance to play yet we've had a very quiet Christmas not our usual family one but it's been nice I'm hoping to spend sometime this week playing and creating.

I didn't get any crafty presents but gots some lovely things smellies, chocs, pj's and dvds did anyone else get anything crafty?
moza Offline
#221 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:19:18 AM(UTC)
moza

Hi ladies, just wanted to introduce myself as a newbie! My name's Maureen and I live in W. Yorks.

After having a Cuttlebug for a couple of years, Santa was kind enough to leave a Mini under the tree for me - basically, OH was off sick and watching C&C for his Christmas shopping!

As an introductory machine to electronic cutting, I love it, although some of the threads on here make interesting reading! ;) I think my OH was a little disappointed to discover I can't cut my own designs but am restricted to the carts, though.

One UK related question - has anyone bought any of the Disney digital downloads from here? I've got my eye on a few as I'm off to WDW in the summer but I'm a little concerned that, even though I'm on the UK site and they're priced in GBPs, it also says "Licensed by Disney© for the U.S. and Canada only." - I wanted to check that there's no issue using them over here before buying them!

Gadget girl Offline
#222 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:14:42 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hi Everyone and welcome Moza.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new machine. I am afraid I cannot help you with the digital info as I prefer the physical carts. The Craft room hook up is a bit unpredictable for me and sticks regularly so find it better with the carts. I am sure you would be ok to buy the digital ones for use over in the UK, PC are just very slow when it comes to selling them to anyone but the US or Canada.

Hi Beth
Hope everything is well with you now.

Happy crafting everyone
Susan
Ann Offline
#223 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 4:02:54 AM(UTC)
Ann

Hi all,hope you all had a good christmas and got some lovely presents.
Welcome Moza,hope you enjoy our chat thread,we are a friendly bunch,not a lot of us but we all try and help eachother with any problems etc.
I did'nt get any craft stuff for christmas although Graham did buy me some spare blades,mats and a set of pens for my non PC machine before christmas and i treated myself to 2 new carts: Mini Books and Folk Art Festival.
I did get the usual smellies,perfume,3 cd's,Rock of Ages dvd,a top,earrings,stuff from Lush which i love,cant stop smelling it! am i weirdLOL and Graham got me a turntable that you use via the computer so i can play my vinyl,still have all my records,could'nt bare to part with any of them,some i have had since i was a teenager when i use to do babysitting to earn the money to buy them,many moons ago ofcourseLOL
Anyone going to make new year resolutions? I have decided not to as i rarely stick to them and then feel dissapointed in myself,i just hope 2013 will be better than 2012,the worst year of my life.
Take Care all x
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Offline
#224 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 6:55:09 AM(UTC)
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi All hope everyone had a good christmas . We have had my dad ill and knocked for 6 with the tablets that were ment to help ,then my motherin law ended up in hosiptal with heart problems , then yesterday i went to pick up the boys from my mums as they had been desperate to stay the night and she had woken up not being to see properly with conjuntivites. hope things will get back to normal soon . I got some cut out die cut words off my mums neighbour for christmas but they have not cut right the way through, off a well known tv craft site.
Hi moza i find if you shop around for the actual cart you can get some good prices for them if you try that famous auction site as well i would rather have the cart in my hand as i know that the girls have had problms sometimes with the downloads .
Shadow Offline
#225 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 7:30:00 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi all - hope you all had a good Christmas.

Welcome Moza. Don't know much about the Disney downloads but I do have the Disney carts and they're licensed for UK.

Tawneyowl - just hope the pills your Dad had weren't the same as hospital prescribed for me - it took 10 days to get them out of my system! Not nice at all. Felt worse than I did before I took 'em! The new ones I was given on Christmas Eve have worked a treat, but still got hospital appointment to look forward to in January. Wish me luck folks - I could sure do with some!

Bye for now.

Pauline x
FionaWallace Offline
#226 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 1:59:45 PM(UTC)
FionaWallace

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hi Everyone. Found this thread by accident - have been looking for a UK one for ages. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. I never bought the Imagine which I'm quite glad about now with everything I'm hearing - especially when they have decided to stop producing it as well as the Cricut cake. I would like to ask if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having. I have the E2 and always use my Gypsy to design. I never seem to be able to line up my TBBM2 to score and cut in the right places. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Ang Offline
#227 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 12:59:05 AM(UTC)
Ang

Welcome to all the newbies - We are a very friendly bunch with a variety of machines between us.

I have, at last, taken the plunge and ordered a proper craft desk from 'Storage 4 Crafts' - i know a couple of years ago some of you purchased desk from them, think heather (who no longer posts) had the one with a glass lid - i thought i would go for the one with several different sizes draws - cannt wait for it to arrive. Once New Year is out of the way and the site goes a bit quieter i would like to put a fresh coat of paint on the walls in the room i craft so thought it would be best done before the desk arrives, mind you i have no idea where i will put all my crafting stuff while its being done!

Well hope you are all surviving this weather - we have had a problem with the enterance to the park because the rain is coming in off the road. But other than that we are surviving well. For New Year we have a 'Owners' party, they started arriving on friday, with more arriving today and tomorrow, so no crafting time at the moment!

Take care all

Ang
Shadow Offline
#228 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 3:59:18 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi all.

Ang - I bought the craft desk that sounds like the one you're ordering. Find it absolutely ACE! Super quality and really big BigGrin Mine has the 1" drawers down one side and 2" down the other and have to say - I've filled it LOL LOL with no problems. It's really good quality, quite heavy though so hope you've got some help with constructing it.

Welcome all you new peeps Love Love Nice to see some new faces on here.

Just about finished my antibiotics so am hoping they've worked. Feel much better in myself, but still got hospital appt to look forward to in Janary. Let's hope all is normal.

Bye for now.

Pauline x
Gadget girl Offline
#229 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:09:15 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hi all
Hope everyone is ok. Have got the lurgy at the minute but feel ok just have to stuff hankies up my nose to stop the drips and loads of sneezing and stuff so not going out too much. BigGrin Weather not great anyway very windy and cold looking. Just watching C&C. Good job it happened after Christmas and not during.

I have got loads of ideas to use my machines for mainly scrapbooking. I made a book about my Dad for my brothers for Christmas with spaces for them to add their photos and memories, just got to make my own one. Then we will have our own memory book of Dad all different. As always forgot my nephews birthday card as his birthday is on New Years Day so will have to go out sometime today or tomorrow to take that over.

Fingers crossed Pauline your antibiotics have worked. I stopped mine just before Christmas after just over 2 years on and off and seem to be ok. Touch wood.

I have got a desk but its upstairs in my bedroom and now I have taken over my sons room am using his desk. Unfortunately my desk wouldnt last another move but have made full use of the space here as usual.

Anyway have a good day and Happy New Year.
Susan
Ann Offline
#230 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 12:31:34 PM(UTC)
Ann

Hi all,just having a rest of my bellyLOL Graham treated the pair of us to fish and chips for tea(only us at home) and i am so stuffed i can hardly move,ate too much really,probably regret it laterThumbDown
I had my hair cut yesterday,does'nt look much different,just had a trim and a bit of shaping around my face,feels better though,then popped into The Range on the way home,picked up some packs of card and some papers in the sale,all christmas stuff but will come,was going again today but changed my mind,cant afford anything more at the moment and need a tumble drier moreLOL
What are you all doing for New Year? Think Graham and i are going to Danny and Phillipa's,will be late evening though as Graham's doing some extra hours at the chinese.Neither D or P are drinking,he does'nt and she's pregnant so we will have to take our own,think Dan will run us home and we will leave our car at his.Hope you all have a great time whatever you are doing and that 2013 will be good to you allThumpUp
#231 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 5:03:37 AM(UTC)

is everyone off hibernating
Gadget girl Offline
#232 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 6:37:58 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Chatting elsewhere due to the restrictions imposed by PC.
Ang Offline
#233 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 7:24:43 AM(UTC)
Ang

If anyone in UK wants to chat about crafting / die cutting machines etc etc etc then email Gadget girl, who will let you know where we are now chatting!!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas /New Year and got lots of crafting goodies
Gadget girl Offline
#234 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 10:34:22 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

They can pm you as well Ang. We can all add people I think. xx
Kazz Offline
#235 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 12:54:35 PM(UTC)
Kazz

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi everyone,

I used to be a regular poster here but stopped when the forum changed and I had difficulty getting to grips with the new format. In the last year I have done very little crafting and have decided to resurrect my membership here in an attempt to get inspiration to restart my crafting. Ilook forward to chaatting with you all and hopefully crafting some more. I'm in Wirral near Liverpool.
Ann Offline
#236 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 6:24:46 PM(UTC)
Ann

Hi Kazz,glad you are crafting againThumpUp A lot of us that posted on here regularly have migrated elsewhere as we are restricted in what we can chat about!,sounds ridiculous i know but perfectly true! It looks like PC are feeling rather threatened by us discussing other non PC machines and products so Gadget Girl(Susan) has started another chatting place on Facebook,i'm sure if you contact her there will be no problem for you to join us on the site.Take Care.Ann
Gadget girl Offline
#237 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 2:20:16 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hi I have problems logging sometimes so if you can contact Ann or Ang if you want to join us else where and they will pass you message on. Thanks. Susan
#238 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:01:01 AM(UTC)

Hi kazz I am in wirral to but have not made much with my cricut recently , as gadget girl said PC are inposing restrictions on the members board so most are using the other form of contact . i come on here to look for ideas of thing to make with my brownie group and to see what amazing things others have made with there cricut
Ang Offline
#239 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 6:34:07 AM(UTC)
Ang

anyone wanting to join our crafting chat group can pm me - no probs there

i need to change my email address on the circut forum - cannt find out where to do so, if i go to profile you can see your email address but not how to change it- anyone any ideas?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 08, 2013 6:39:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ann Offline
#240 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 7:13:18 AM(UTC)
Ann

No Problems contacting me either,i will pass a message to Susan for youSmile