Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sweetfancypants12c9931d Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:47:49 PM(UTC)
sweetfancypants12c9931d

Groups: Registered

I have had my Cricut Expression for a few months and it has been a bit of a chore. I can deal with issues such a paper ripping because that is trial and error with getting the right kind of paper and determining the correct settings. However, there are soooooooo many issues with the CCR that I am wondering why this has not been updated yet. Before I go into that let me say that I have called Cricut Support on several occasions and they are very nice and helpful. But on to the issues.

Ripping paper - Ok so I said I can deal with it but at one point all of my paper was ripping even though I went through every setting combindation, new mat, blade, etc. So I called into Cricut Support and was told to revert my firmware to the previous version, which I did and it magically addressed my paper ripping issues. My understanding from the rep was that CCR takes some machines up to where they do not function properly. That is outrageous to me. If they machines will not be optimized then do not offer updated firmware. Now I have to skip the firmware update every time I log into CCR.

Load mat, will not cut - I cannot tell you how many times I press Load Mat and then press Cut and then.... it unloads the mat. Repeat multiple times until it finally decides to cut.

Random lock ups and crashing - This speaks for itself. I also work for a telecommunications company and a fact of our world is when software crashes. However, this has happened repeatedly over the past 3 weeks. There has not been ONE time that I have spent in CCR that I do not have to shut down the program because it locks up. That is absurd.

Midway through cutting the machine just stops - This one is the worst for me because it just stops, with the blade still in the paper. I have to turn off the machine for it to release and then turn it back on. But wait, it gets better! Once I do that CCR will not resume cutting or even give me the option until I close the program and reopen. That is a great waste of paper.

Unable to select an object if it connects to another on the same layer. This one burns me so much! I paste add a graphic and then another on the same layer and one automatically goes on top of the other. No problem, I will just move it. I try to select, it won't select. I try to select the other object, nope, can't do that. I press Don't Weld, still cannot. I select Weld, still no. I finally just delete one and have to start the whole process over. This is not a consistent issue, though. Sometimes it happens and sometimes not. I happen to create many of my own designs and sometimes I want an object with another and other times I do not but I SHOULD be able to make that distinction on my own, no? CCR thinks not.

Did I mention the program locking up repeatedly?
MaryStillman Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:26:36 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1210 time(s) in 763 post(s)
CCR should be a downloadable program that does not need an internet connection to cut. I think half the time that is the problem, the connection "times out" or misses an instruction packet or something. I get that the program is free, and that is a nice benefit. However, if a machine needs to use the software in order to be used (i.e. the Mini), the program should be stable to 99% of the users. Those that are not able to use the program should be given a refund, or a free copy of Design Studio along with a driver to work with whatever machine they own.

I really don't see that this will change unless PC is forced to do so.

So sorry you are having problems.

Mary

nleews17cefc64 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:15:26 PM(UTC)
nleews17cefc64

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I agree. Craft Room last update seems to be a problem. Most of the time all I get is "Initializing Craft Room". I've only been able to use it a few times since the last update. WHY?
BBscraps8 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:18:13 PM(UTC)
BBscraps8

I have the same problem!

I just bought the expression 2, and I am really concerned about all the issues with it. CCR worked fine just one time, and then, it stopped cutting in the middle of a figure... I had to restart several times the software, and cut one figure at a time!!! so much time spent on that!

Suddenly, CCR stops recognizing my E2, it says that it is not connected! and that i have to introduce the cartridge that it´s all ready in the machine!

Moreover, CCR doesn´t recognize my E2 preloaded cartridges. I can´t see them. What I can do for the software to recognize them?

I wrote two mails to international support, and nobody gives me answers!

This is not possible!! the machine and the cartridges are not cheap, to have this king of problems!

I thought it was my internet connection, but with the things I am reading, i guess, is a software issue.

One more question... the gypsy has the same problems? does it works fine with MACs? because I am tired to be struggling with this software, but I don´t want to waste my money in another gadget that is going to have the same issues.

Regards!

Sherri Kay Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:03:22 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2311 time(s) in 2069 post(s)
Did you update your E2 with Cricut Sync when you got it? Try that and see if that corrects your problem.
BBscraps8 Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:19:59 AM(UTC)
BBscraps8

Yes... I updated my E2. And I erase and loaded again CCR software, and did it with CricutSync too.

=( very sad situation.

Hope Provo craft fix their software issues soon!
STW Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:26:07 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I had SO MANY problems with the latest update, so I had PC send me a link to the previous version, and went back to that. PROBLEMS SOLVED!!!!! CCR still acts up once and awhile, but NOTHING like it did with the latest update. My suggestion: go back to the previous version until PC fixes all the kinks with the latest version. It was a night and day difference in the way CCR performed - at least for me.

Good luck!
 1 user thanked STW for this useful post.
wgrthb1173805ffa9ab88 on 11/5/2012(UTC)
kimandthe3bearsb4cc2888 Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:15:49 PM(UTC)
kimandthe3bearsb4cc2888

Originally Posted by: STW Go to Quoted Post
I had SO MANY problems with the latest update, so I had PC send me a link to the previous version, and went back to that. PROBLEMS SOLVED!!!!!

So they will simply send me a link to revert the CCR version??? This is becoming extremely frustrating.
STW Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:08:45 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Originally Posted by: kimandthe3bearsb4cc2888 Go to Quoted Post
So they will simply send me a link to revert the CCR version??? This is becoming extremely frustrating.

They should, but you don't have to wait - I saved the email with the link from them in case I could help anyone else having this challenges.

http://craftroom.cricut....Cricut-CraftRoom_151.exe

It solved 95% of the problems I was having with the newest update. I still get a bridge error once in awhile but NOTHING like the kind of problems I was having with this latest version.

Good luck - hope this helps you as much as it did me!

Edited by user Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:10:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tamaramoss Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:59:13 PM(UTC)
tamaramoss

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Will the http://craftroom.cricut....Cricut-CraftRoom_151.exe fix my issues with the Imagine using a regular pc, not a mac? When is Provo Craft going to fix the kinks?
STW Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 5:49:55 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Originally Posted by: tamaramoss Go to Quoted Post
Will the http://craftroom.cricut....Cricut-CraftRoom_151.exe fix my issues with the Imagine using a regular pc, not a mac? When is Provo Craft going to fix the kinks?

I have an E2, not an Imagine, so I'm not sure. I also have a PC. However, your problems sound identical to mine, so I would suggest just trying to reinstall 151 and you can always go back and reinstall the latest if it doesn't help.

Good luck! I SO feel your frustration....Angry Angry Angry Angry
almiroty34da075b Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:38:16 PM(UTC)
almiroty34da075b

Originally Posted by: BBscraps8 Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem!

I just bought the expression 2, and I am really concerned about all the issues with it. CCR worked fine just one time, and then, it stopped cutting in the middle of a figure... I had to restart several times the software, and cut one figure at a time!!! so much time spent on that!

Moreover, CCR doesn´t recognize my E2 preloaded cartridges. I can´t see them. What I can do for the software to recognize them?

One more question... the gypsy has the same problems? does it works fine with MACs? because I am tired to be struggling with this software, but I don´t want to waste my money in another gadget that is going to have the same issues.

hi
i am new to this party and already disillusioned with pc. i have been calling them daily only to receive an apology and being told they can't do anything! as a paperweight, the e 2 is just plain ugly.
now that i got that off my chest, i see you too use a mac. which os? i am using 10.7.5 and safari 6.1. i find safari and ccr do not mix well. i have tried chrome and things go better. using safari i cannot even log in!
ccr still does not recognize or let me use preinstalled cartridges, but i have been able to make cuts.
pm if you need mac help.
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:32:03 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
To those having problems, may I ask if you're using Internet Explorer for your web browser?

If not, maybe you can try this (it doesn't hurt to download Internet Explorer along with whatever other browser you're using):

I would uninstall CCR and ADOBE AIR. (You need to go into your CONTROL PANEL to add/remove programs and uninstall both).

Go to TOOLS on the browser you are currently using and DELETE all BROWSING HISTORY....put checkmark in all squares and delete. After this, I would close out of your computer and reboot.
When your computer comes back up, SEARCH for IE and download INTERNET EXPLORER for your specific computer. ( an additional browser on your computer if you don't already use it....you will just have an additional browser to use for CCR, only, if that's how you choose to use INTERNET EXPLORER (IE) )!

When you see the IE Icon on your desktop, go into it. While you're on IE, download CCR (ADOBE AIR should automatically come up to download immediately after CCR downloads to your computer. Sometimes, it takes 30 seconds or so for it to come up).

After those get downloaded, try to go into CCR. I would then hook up your CRICUT machine to your computer and turn it on. See if you can CUT after that.

I'M NOT PROMISING THIS WILL WORK FOR ALL OF YOU.....because we all use different interfaces on our specific computers and we all have different computer setups. (That might be redundant). BUT, I think it's worth a try.

Char

CricketCMV Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:36:24 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
A COUPLE MORE THINGS!

Be sure you INSTALL THE DRIVERS for your specific CRICUT machine you're using. After you turn on your machine, go to the menus in upper left hand corner of your computer screen (not sure which one it is anymore, but left click on each one until you see the "Install Drivers" command.

The next thing you have to do is make sure in the left side menus in CCR that you have designated the machine you are actually using. If you use more than one CRICUT on your computer, you will have to change this EVERY TIME you change your machines. If you don't designate the correct machine, you won't be able to CUT.....however, the prompt should come up telling you it can't recognize your machine.

HOPE SOMEBODY CAN GET SOME HELP FROM SOME THINGS I'VE SUGGESTED.

If not, I do hope ProvoCraft can help you further. Sorry for those who don't get any resolve to their issues.

Char
Cowgirl At Heart Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 8:13:27 AM(UTC)
Cowgirl At Heart

I'm glad that I read the previous users frustrations! I have had nothing but problems with my Imagine as a stand alone machine and even more problems when linked to Craft Room. I have found "Support" to be a joke. I am disgusted with Cricut/Provo Craft and am seriously considering dumping all of my Cricut products. I've spent a considerable amount of money on the Gypsy, Imagine, cartridges and the original Cricut machine. What a joke.
dmorrisonpc9caaf647 Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 11:02:37 AM(UTC)
dmorrisonpc9caaf647

All has never been well with CCR since I bought into this E2 cutter this time last year. They keep adding features to get you to buy into you cutting media online and always improving ways to tempt you into linking your cartridge. Fixing issues seems to not be one of their priorities. I worked with someone on the phone and via email for days. Of course the help is a cheat sheet of things to try and does help some that just could not figure out things on their own but the issues that are known software issues they should just tell you from the start that it's know and they are working on that. I'm still waiting for two of the original three issues to be fixed and now they have started messing around with the E2 Firmware that even without CCR won't recognize or cut certain small objects from cartridges. Someone mentioned CCR would be better off without the MUST BE CONNECTED internet permission to cut from your own cartridges connection. Make CCR stand alone... I bought my E2 on the intent to use at craft shows to personalize things. These events don't have internet available. Had to fork out more money for the Silhouette and have had absolutely no issues with it at all. Create my own designs with Illustrator and cut.

I parked the E2 in the closet until updates come out and pull out only to see what heart ache they created vs fixed. I own over thirty cartridges that I'd like to use on heavy card stock if only they would fix the CCRBridge errors I get during multicut. Til then I've found a "WORKAROUND", Cricut users know what they are, to cut the Cricut images on with Silhouette.

UnHappy Cuttin'...Til next update.....

Edited by user Monday, November 05, 2012 11:05:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DENISERODGERS Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 11:40:16 PM(UTC)
DENISERODGERS

I also have been having problems with CCR freezing ever since the latest update. When I try to go back to the previous update I get this message: "Sorry an error occurred. This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance."Angry
What now?