Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JenniferStutzman Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 11:20:27 AM(UTC)
JenniferStutzman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 464 time(s) in 210 post(s)
Ok, I really am loving my imagine so far. I was very sad that it didn't work as advertised on HSN...being with the gypsy. I guess an update is going to be coming out to work with the gypsy mid October. I don't know about this date. For One how can they say the update will be ready on that date? Does anyone else find it odd that it will come out right as our 30 days are up on HSN? I thought I was buying a product that would work with the gypsy. The update was supposed to be out the day before the HSN launch which was 9/13

So, I am thinking it is just going to work very poorly with the imagine.

I think this because they are saving it. If everyone knew how poorly it worked with the imagine they would not of sold over 10,000 of them at the launch.

When they announce its limited capabilities everyone would send their machines back...but not if they wait til the 30 day warranty is up.

Its already being discussed that the first update will only be able to use 3 YES THREE pattern papers from the imagine with another imagine cartridge. I guess I wouldnt probably use more than that on one project but its the point.

I'm just feeling taken advantage of again. I keep eating everything they feed me. Then to comfort myself I go out and buy more cartridges!
~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~ Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 2:35:50 PM(UTC)
~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~

Location: cricutLAND with LilMamma, BigMamma, BabyMamma and now GRANDMamma..

Was thanked: 458 time(s) in 280 post(s)
It was not said to work with the Gypsy when it launched..
Demention Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 2:47:02 PM(UTC)
Demention

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 18 post(s)
They kept saying during the launch that it does not work with the gypsy yet. That they are working on the update for that. I'm not sure about the 3 patterns I haven't heard anything about that
HobbyHo (Donna) Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 2:48:45 PM(UTC)
HobbyHo (Donna)

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Actually, it was stated it would work at launch.

http://www.cricut.com/imagine/FAQ.aspx -once there, click the Compatibility Questions link. I had hoped that they would have removed that from the FAQ right now. Also, if I recall correctly, when it first aired, Jinger said it works with the Gypsy. I remember because she was speaking to a caller and the caller was happy it would work with the Gypsy because she gave her carts to her daughter.

I'm Ok with it not working with the Imagine yet. Let them get the kinks out.

Edited to add:

It also says it's compatible with Gypsy on the HSN listing.

Edited by user Sunday, September 26, 2010 2:52:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~ Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:02:52 PM(UTC)
~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~

Location: cricutLAND with LilMamma, BigMamma, BabyMamma and now GRANDMamma..

Was thanked: 458 time(s) in 280 post(s)
Well I remember during the launch a caller called in to ask if it would work with it and Jinger said no.. All the info I have heard said it would not work with it.. I never read that FAQ because there was so much real time talk about it..

EDIT:.. maybe it was Design Studio that was said to not work... whatever it was.. neither one of them work.. so .. It's sad how so many people are so upset about making the choice to buy the machine and now they are soooo dissapointed.. Maybe should have done homework more and then left the machines for people who actually wants one... I feel sorry for the people who have backordered machines because they could have these machines that everyone is so in a rush to send back...

I am so glad that my machine is working great and I am having no problems.. I would hate to have to buy one of these machines that people are sending back and get a re-furbished one and not know what is really wrong with them.. MHO

Edited by user Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:07:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Doodledo Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:22:16 PM(UTC)
Doodledo

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1418 time(s) in 846 post(s)
I dont remember them saying it would work with the G yet on HSN, I do remember them saying they are working on an update so that it will. I did not watch every airing on launch day but did watch several of them including the midnight launch. The only thing I heard about 3 of anything was that the reason the update for the G was not available yet was because when they tested linking the Imagine carts the G would only hold 3 and it filled it up because the Imagine carts hold so much more info than the regular carts. Im not real sure what you were saying about the 3 patterns, that it will only allow 3 patterns from a cart to be used at one time? If so I dont really see that being a big issue but thats just me. I think sometimes when new products come out we get sooooo much of our info second hand from here and others blogs and such and that info might not be correct or updated and then we have people upset. I hope the G update is really soon but I want it glitch free so I can wait.
HobbyHo (Donna) Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:23:42 PM(UTC)
HobbyHo (Donna)

I have to admit... I am a tiny bit disappointed it's not working with the Gypsy out of the box. It wasn't my deciding factor to buy it though. If they would have launched the Imagine and said it would never work with the Gypsy, I still would have bought it. No regrets here.

I feel bad for the folks on back order too. Especially for those who ordered early and found out that people who ordered later in the day have theirs already. I'm just hoping that they actually get them by mid October. I'd hate to see them get their orders cancelled.
HobbyHo (Donna) Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:30:26 PM(UTC)
HobbyHo (Donna)

doodledo wrote:
I dont remember them saying it would work with the G yet on HSN, I do remember them saying they are working on an update so that it will. I did not watch every airing on launch day but did watch several of them including the midnight launch. The only thing I heard about 3 of anything was that the reason the update for the G was not available yet was because when they tested linking the Imagine carts the G would only hold 3 and it filled it up because the Imagine carts hold so much more info than the regular carts. Im not real sure what you were saying about the 3 patterns, that it will only allow 3 patterns from a cart to be used at one time? If so I dont really see that being a big issue but thats just me. I think sometimes when new products come out we get sooooo much of our info second hand from here and others blogs and such and that info might not be correct or updated and then we have people upset. I hope the G update is really soon but I want it glitch free so I can wait.

Do you remember on the airing when that lady caller said she gave her carts to her daughter and she was glad the I worked with the Gypsy?

The only reason this sticks in my mind is because I about busted at the seams when she told Jinger she broke the rule about the EULA- linking to Gypsy then sharing the carts. I made a post about that at 12:15 EST so if the show is posted somewhere, I'll check but I don't think I heard it wrong.
Doodledo Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:31:36 PM(UTC)
Doodledo

Donna wrote:
I have to admit... I am a tiny bit disappointed it's not working with the Gypsy out of the box. It wasn't my deciding factor to buy it though. If they would have launched the Imagine and said it would never work with the Gypsy, I still would have bought it. No regrets here.

I feel bad for the folks on back order too. Especially for those who ordered early and found out that people who ordered later in the day have theirs already. I'm just hoping that they actually get them by mid October. I'd hate to see them get their orders cancelled.

I agree, I wish it worked with the G out of the box too but Im glad they chose to fix the kinks first. Imagine what it would be like here if they released it and it didnt work!! OMG, we would have a riot!! lol

I too feel bad for those that ordered early and do not have theirs yet. I understand how and why it happened but I still feel bad. I think what I will feel worse about is if the stores start getting theirs before HSN gets the launch backorders in. That I do not feel is fair. They shoudl make sure that all who ordered on launch day gets theirs before any other store gets any.
Doodledo Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:35:57 PM(UTC)
Doodledo

Donna wrote:
Do you remember on the airing when that lady caller said she gave her carts to her daughter and she was glad the I worked with the Gypsy?

The only reason this sticks in my mind is because I about busted at the seams when she told Jinger she broke the rule about the EULA- linking to Gypsy then sharing the carts. I made a post about that at 12:15 EST so if the show is posted somewhere, I'll check but I don't think I heard it wrong.

Yep, I remember that because I remember thinking that wont go over well on the board (but she gave them away not sold them) but I think she said it is going to work with the G not that it does work with the G. I taped the lauch in case I fell asleep. Maybe I'll go take a listen and see. She may have said it and I just didnt pay attention since I knew the update wasnt out yet. Sometimes I have selective hearing. lol (at least my dh says I do)
HobbyHo (Donna) Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:49:03 PM(UTC)
HobbyHo (Donna)

doodledo wrote:
Yep, I remember that because I remember thinking that wont go over well on the board (but she gave them away not sold them) but I think she said it is going to work with the G not that it does work with the G. I taped the lauch in case I fell asleep. Maybe I'll go take a listen and see. She may have said it and I just didnt pay attention since I knew the update wasnt out yet. Sometimes I have selective hearing. lol (at least my dh says I do)

Yeah.. my selective hearing may work as well as yours LOL

I could be wrong and that won't be the first time. Please let us know what was said. Thanks!!
Princessaam Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 1:48:26 PM(UTC)
Princessaam

Was thanked: 289 time(s) in 196 post(s)
No you weren't hearing things. They said several times "it works with your Gypsy, Ds and jukebox" and then they had to backtrack on the DS part. Then they had to backtrack again with the Gypsy no receiving the update on time. We had HUGE discussions during launch day about this. The line "Everything your Expression can do and more" all day... but it's missing key functions. IT can't do what my E can do. It can't do a center point cut. I can't move the blade to placement on my mat, I can't weld because I can't hook up my DS or Gypsy. So this IS very disappointing. I am so glad i caught all the information before hitting the "send" button.

~M
 1 user thanked Princessaam for this useful post.
SandraNall on 9/28/2010(UTC)
~Wendy-Crafts~ Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 2:46:40 PM(UTC)
~Wendy-Crafts~

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 350 post(s)
In the video's for the Imagine from CHA they said there would be an update Sept 13th to the gypsy to make it work. PC did not meet that deadline and sure they said it during the airing but you can't expect that everyone who ordered watched all day or even saw that.

I just happened to catch a later airing where Jinger said it was going to take a couple more weeks, but by then I had already ordered.
2ducky Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 3:20:53 PM(UTC)
2ducky

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Angry At least you have one that works.

Still waiting for a cord to decide whether or not mine will be returned. I would love it if it worked with my G, DS, or Jukebox. I'd love it if it JUST FREAKIN' WORKED PERIOD!!! Cursing

I kept hearing at the launch that it was compatible with the G. So your not imaginating it. Here's to hoping a update is ready for you soon.

Oh and maybe we could add a wish for my long lost cord?!LOL
HobbyHo (Donna) Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 3:36:39 PM(UTC)
HobbyHo (Donna)

I'm patient and can wait for the Gypsy update. I'll just concentrate all my energy on you getting that new cord. You're gonna love that machine. I hope it comes soon!
2ducky Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 4:30:07 PM(UTC)
2ducky

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Donna wrote:
I'm patient and can wait for the Gypsy update. I'll just concentrate all my energy on you getting that new cord. You're gonna love that machine. I hope it comes soon!

Okay, now you make me feel bad. LOL! I can honestly say, patience is not my best asset?! Thanks for the encouragement of hanging in there. And I really do hope you get your update soon!
HobbyHo (Donna) Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 4:50:23 PM(UTC)
HobbyHo (Donna)

2ducky wrote:
Okay, now you make me feel bad. LOL! I can honestly say, patience is not my best asset?! Thanks for the encouragement of hanging in there. And I really do hope you get your update soon!

LOL.. don't feel bad. I've had so many things worrying me these past couple of months it will be a relief to concentrate on something else.

I've got my fingers crossed for you. BigGrin
LindaDavis1 Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 6:19:33 PM(UTC)
LindaDavis1

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Well, as for myself, I can wait for the updates. I'm not disappointed because my Imagine is upstairs and my computer is downstairs and I don't have a laptop and guess who will not even attempt to carry that thing up and down the stairs. It will be where it is until I get my laptop and hopefully by then the Imagine will interface with CDS. As for the Gypsy, I haven't had it that long and I'm still trying to learn it. I would like to master what the Imagine can do now so that when the updates start to come I will have a good foundation to build on. So I am not pressed or upset. I am lovin' my Imagine and all the possibilities!!!
SandraNall Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:07:00 AM(UTC)
SandraNall

Like many of the rest of you, I heard them say that the Imagine was compatible with the Gypsy, and I never heard the retraction. "Imagine" me last night trying to figure out where to hook up the cable from the Gypsy into the Imagine!! LOL I was completely baffled. Now that I've checked here (for the first time ever), I see why I can't get it to work.

What I wanted to do was get printing from one of the old carts to print on top of the background paper from one of the Imagine carts, but I don't know now if that will even be possible. I pictured being able to use this somewhat like a print program. Does anyone have any ideas about that? Thanks for the input.

Sandy N. :)
Why isn't there just a regular smiley face cricut?!
HobbyHo (Donna) Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:38:29 AM(UTC)
HobbyHo (Donna)

SandraNall wrote:
Like many of the rest of you, I heard them say that the Imagine was compatible with the Gypsy, and I never heard the retraction. "Imagine" me last night trying to figure out where to hook up the cable from the Gypsy into the Imagine!! LOL I was completely baffled. Now that I've checked here (for the first time ever), I see why I can't get it to work.

What I wanted to do was get printing from one of the old carts to print on top of the background paper from one of the Imagine carts, but I don't know now if that will even be possible. I pictured being able to use this somewhat like a print program. Does anyone have any ideas about that? Thanks for the input.

Sandy N. :)
Why isn't there just a regular smiley face cricut?!

Same here! I hooked that Gypsy up and waited...........got nothing. LOL Oh well, hopefully soon.

I wish PC would at least give us a sampling of what we'll be able to do when the update is released. It would make the wait time so much more tolerable.

and we do have a regular smilie... click on the more smilies link and a window will pop up. scroll down to the word smile. Smile
ScrappyKristin Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:05:20 AM(UTC)
ScrappyKristin

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~ wrote:
It was not said to work with the Gypsy when it launched..

Actually it STILL states that right in the HSN marketing about the Imagine, that has not been removed!

"Compatible with other Cricut products

* Fully compatible with more than 150 original Cricut cartridges
* Give new life to your other images by adding color, texture and patterns to your die-cuts
* Compatible with Gypsy by Cricut handheld design studio
* Compatible with Jukebox
"