Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Charmante Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:32:24 AM(UTC)
Charmante

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I am going to do this, normally I would not, but my little girl has been a competitive Gymnast for 3 years, and for 3 years she has struggled, come in like 22nd, 18th and such. Then last year at state meet she blew everyones socks off and took 4th all around, 2nd on beam (this was after a HORRIBLE season)! That really build her confidence up, she worked SO HARD, taking extra classes, working at home, and reading books all to help her Gymnastics. She is very very talented, but gets nervous before meets and flubs up really bad. SO please, I am asking for prayers for her, she is a wonderful daughter and we hope and pray she can keep her nerves under control long enough to do her best, thats all we ask! She is 9 and I am not one of "those" moms, I work really hard to let her do this herself (I think this will make her a better Gymnast in the long run).

So I am asking for prayers for her self esteem, her nerves, OK OK OK and her sense of balance! LOL

Go Trinity GO!
NubianCrafterNC Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:35:47 AM(UTC)
NubianCrafterNC

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Sending prayers and good wishes to Trinity!!!
farmscraps Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:49:21 AM(UTC)
farmscraps

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
Sending prayers for Trinity.. I am hoping she can let her nerves go and have a great performance..((hugs))
Duranasaur Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 4:39:04 PM(UTC)
Duranasaur

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 133 post(s)
Good luck to your daughter! I was a competitive athlete from about 8 years old until college and beyond so I understand the nerves that your daughter is experiencing. As her confidence builds more, she will learn to control her nerves. She has to learn to "pysch" herself out and think that it's like any other day and she will stick those landings like she always does at practice. Music always helped me relax before a tournament/competition--is she into music?

Glad to hear that you're not one of "those" moms! I, myself, got somewhat "burnt out" of my sport around college time. It was getting to a point where it was more like job and not fun for me anymore. As long as she's enjoying what she's doing, she will excel!

Tell your daughter to always believe in herself and to practice hard. I went to college on an athletic scholarship and she can too!

Good luck to her this season! Let us know how she does!
NikiKnowles Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 1:41:12 PM(UTC)
NikiKnowles

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Prayers and cyber hugs for both you and her! It's great that you are such a good mum and want her to achieve so she can boost her self confidence. Good luck and let us know how she gets on.

Niki
BugginAway Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 8:30:32 PM(UTC)
BugginAway

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 48 post(s)

I hope she blows everyone away again in her next meet! My dd did gymnastics from the age of 2 1/2 to about 8 years old I think and then got busy with another sport but she loved it. Just too much to try to do two sports at the time. She LOVED the balance beam too! I'm sureyour dd will be great. Sounds like maybe she is over that hump that has been maybe holding her back a bit, maybe her self confidence and nerves have already started to settle a bit with the higher placement. I know you are very proud of her too! Prayers for calming the nerves and being the best she can be being sent up! Let us know how she does please! :)