Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

grammasue Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 7:28:39 PM(UTC)
grammasue

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 265 post(s)
This board needs some good news!!!! I am really excited about the NJ Governor, Newark, NJ Mayor and the CEO of Facebook taking on the challenge of developing a model education system that the rest of the US schools can adopt to give our kids an improved education. Their plans surely will remove all the current demands of our teachers and allow them to focus on educating our kids. This issue too has been hashed over and over again with nothing getting done to help our educators. Hats off to these 3 gentlemen in taking the issue by the horns and moving on finding fixes. Wouldn't it be wonderful if PC could offer them cricut machines for their schools to assist in NJ's efforts? Not only could they be an asset for the teachers but could be used by students in completing their assigned projects. Bet you would sell alot more machines PC once the kids get a taste of the machine (they will all be asking Santa for a Cricut!).BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
farmscraps Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 7:37:02 PM(UTC)
farmscraps

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
Anything to help our kids learn.BigGrin BigGrin Didnt the guy from FB donate a ton of money to the NJ schools??
grammasue Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:03:12 PM(UTC)
grammasue

farmscraps wrote:
Anything to help our kids learn.BigGrin BigGrin Didnt the guy from FB donate a ton of money to the NJ schools??

$100 million which has to be matched by New Jersey. It sounds like they are scrapping old ways of doing business and coming up with a new education model. I wish them all the success in the world especially when it comes to our kids education. I had an exchange student a year ago here from the Netherlands and he kept telling my grandson and their friends how easy America senior in high school courses were in comparison to the Netherlands. He whizzed through with hardly any effort probably because it was all stuff he had already learned back home.

Now I am hearing on the evening news where folks are criticizing these guys for trying to do something good. Why can't people look for the rainbow on issues rather than finding fault with everything! I admit I do my share but it normally is over someone doing me wrong personally.BigGrin

Edited by user Friday, September 24, 2010 8:08:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

farmscraps Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:11:14 PM(UTC)
farmscraps

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
That amount of money going for a school can only be good. I heard about the critism too and I think it is a total shame..
scrappylove Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:58:45 PM(UTC)
scrappylove

Was thanked: 131 time(s) in 94 post(s)
I'm happy!
My hubby was born in Newark, NJ and I worked there for a bit.
BELIEVE me they need all the help they can get. I think it's great.
It just saddens me that the govenor waited til someone who's not even from the area had to up him in order for him to do something. The Nwk School system was so bad that it was being run by the state at one point. (don't know if that's true today)
grammasue Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 9:03:35 PM(UTC)
grammasue

They did say one out of every two kids are drop outs so it sounds like it hasn't gotten any better. I just hope they can find some great minds to develop an education system that we all can adopt to better educate our kids.
colorjunkyarts Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 9:08:36 PM(UTC)
colorjunkyarts

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1671 time(s) in 846 post(s)
BigGrin Quite a few years ago we lived in Redmond, Wa. and Bill Gates helped out our schools and boy what a difference it made. Our schools had so much more going for them after that. Now we live in southern Wa. and when my 24 year old was in high school he funded programs in our schools and again what a difference. When people with that kind of power have an intrest in schools thing get done. It's wonderful. I am really happy for the people of NJ.