Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Rosemary~ Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 4:01:08 PM(UTC)
Rosemary~

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm sure this has been asked before. I have a project due tomorrow for one of our teachers. She asked if I could cut the alphabet for her out of Fun Foam. I've set the letters up in Deaign Studio but all I have is the regular blade. Will the deep cut blade work in the regular blade housing? If I had the time to research this I would. Not lazy, just rushed. Any additional tips would be very welcome. I don't want to make a mess with the 2 last pieces of foam I have. Thanks for any help.
Al Sposeto Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 4:49:08 PM(UTC)
Al Sposeto

Italy

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 40 post(s)
The deep cut blade will work in a standard housing, its only difference is the shape and angle of the cutting point. The deep cut housing is shorter than the standard housing allowing more room for thicker material. Depending on how thick the foam is, your standard housing may not allow enough blade exposure and clearance under the housing to cut properly. HTH
TTFN
Al
Bugsy2 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 5:21:05 PM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 441 time(s) in 311 post(s)
I've tried cutting foam with both the deep cut blade and a regular blade..and I prefer the regular blade. I set it to cut twice and it works like a charm.
Rosemary~ Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:01:33 AM(UTC)
Rosemary~

Originally Posted by: Al S. Go to Quoted Post
The deep cut blade will work in a standard housing, its only difference is the shape and angle of the cutting point. The deep cut housing is shorter than the standard housing allowing more room for thicker material. Depending on how thick the foam is, your standard housing may not allow enough blade exposure and clearance under the housing to cut properly. HTH
TTFN
Al

Thanks for a prompt answer. I now, more clearly, understand the need for the housing as well as the blade. The foam is only about 1/8" thick so I probably wouldn't have a problem and could just buy the blade.

Rosemary~ Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:08:16 AM(UTC)
Rosemary~

Originally Posted by: Bugsy2 Go to Quoted Post
I've tried cutting foam with both the deep cut blade and a regular blade..and I prefer the regular blade. I set it to cut twice and it works like a charm.

I was waiting for 9 a.m. to run to Michael's and buy the housing and the blade. Thinking about what you said, since it's still early, I'm going to try the multi-cut with the regular blade first. The deep cut blades are $14.99 for 2 and the housing is $29.99 with one blade. I'd rather not spend the money right now if I don't have to. Thanks.