Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

31 Pages«<34567>»
scrappinchic Offline
#121 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 5:03:24 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Good morning! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! School started back here today so I am super excited about that Flapper ! I have needed some much needed me time! Praying the hospital calls me for an interview! If you would please say a little prayer for me! It is much appreciated!

STW I hope things are settled enough for you to return home wednesday! Prayers going up for all those in the path of the storm.

GrandmaJ I hope we get some of that rain but not at the cost of other's!

I plan to do some deep cleaning today while the kids are gone and then hopefully a little crafting this evening! Have a great day!
 1 user thanked scrappinchic for this useful post.
STW on 8/30/2012(UTC)
Jamiemn Offline
#122 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 5:24:06 AM(UTC)
Jamiemn

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Morning!

Had a busy weekend with my brothers wedding Sat, but yesterday was able to hit the stores and see what I could come up with. I have all my crafting planned out for my SS and have most ideas of what I would like to buy. Hope to get started tonight when I get home from work.
M&KGrandma Offline
#123 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 5:37:48 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Good Morning!!!
It's pretty cloudy here and is supposed to storm, which is okay by me, we're pretty dry around here!! Plus, it just seems like the perfect time to craft!!!! LOL!!!
Kaitlyn won't be here until around noon, so the morning "should" be mine! Something usually happens to mess that up though!!!!
Janice, I had a Tammy doll, too! And I was always a little jealous of my two older sisters who got Barbies!!! My little sister had Pepper... funny, now I wish I had my Tammy doll again!! My cousin, who was like my best friend growing up, had Tammy, too, but man, she had everything... so many clothes, the cool cases... of course, she was the only girl, not one of six kids! haha!!
STW, my daughter and her significant other are talking about moving to Seattle... they have big plans to go in about three more years. sigh....
Better run, have lots to get done while it's just me!!!
Back later...
Hugs,
Teri

Oh, ideas for $5 and under... pop dots, vintage buttons, blending stumps, Prismacolor pencils: olive green, denim blue, chocolate..., scor-tape, white detail embossing powder, Doodlebug twine in any colors, refill for the Xyron "X" in permanent adhesive...
kckid68 Offline
#124 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 1:54:43 PM(UTC)
kckid68

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi SS,I'm Pam in Ks. Sorry for the delay, my laptop crashed and it is in Tx being repaired. Finally borrowed an old laptop from my DS that I can use til I get mine back. whoo hoo

Been married to love of my life for 44 years. I tell everyone we were 2 when we got marriedBigGrin. Have 6 grands from 21 to 2 days old (she was born Friday morning)!.
3 for our son (all girls) and 3 for our daughter (2 boys and one girl). Both DH and I are retired but watch the 2 boys who have just gone back to school. Will watch the baby when DD goes back to work.

My favorite color is turquoise/blue-green/teal/green. I'm a retired Disney employee and my craft room is decored in Mickey Mouse/Disney theme. Red, white, black and yellow. (Of course, I have the Mickey and Friends cart)BigGrin

1. Handmade items: Surprise Me!!

2. I have a craft room for sewing, crafting, scrapbooking and everthing else I do. Mickey Mouse theme.
3. Christmas wish: a cinch or bind it all. Pastel alcoholmarkers

Under $5 items: alcohol blender pen, pop dots, blending stubs. Watercolors.

kckid68 Offline
#125 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 2:06:28 PM(UTC)
kckid68

United States

What is MQ? and how do I find it?

Aden's_Nana Offline
#126 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 4:17:18 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kckid68 Go to Quoted Post
What is MQ? and how do I find it?

MQ stands for Master Questionnaire-- copy the questions from the first page to a new post and fill in your answers. This is to help the person who has you in a swap to learn more about your wishes.

I bumped the MQ thread up for you so it will be easier for you to find.

Jackie
kckid68 Offline
#127 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 6:14:40 PM(UTC)
kckid68

United States

Thanks Jackie. I found it. Now, do I reply on this thread or on the MQ thread?

Pam
Aden's_Nana Offline
#128 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 6:24:42 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

On the MQ thread, then post on this thread the page and post number of where your mq's located , I am sure Jess wouldn't mind letting your secret santa know where it is.

Jackie
Beach_Bum Offline
#129 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 7:48:39 PM(UTC)
Beach_Bum

Was thanked: 215 time(s) in 119 post(s)
I hope that everyone is doing well.... for a Monday anyway!

Items under $5.00..... BLING!!!! BLING!!!!! BLING!!!!! Pearls, embellishments, teardrop inks!

Oh yea.... BLING!!!!!

Have a great night everyone!

Ronnie
STW Offline
#130 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 7:54:24 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Hi, everyone. Hope that you had a nice Monday! Well, after much tossing and turning, I changed my flight plans this morning to fly home to Louisiana tomorrow, ahead of the storm, and got it all worked out. Then went into Canada and had a lovely day, only to get back to my family's home tonight to find out that all flights will be cancelled tomorrow afternoon - so I had to reschedule flights again - this time for AFTER the storm. Kind of nerve-racking that I'll be here while the hurricane is hitting home....and having my 20 and 24 year old face it without me. Please keep them in your prayers that it's a "gentle hurricane!"

On the flip side....who knew you could actually enjoy 60-70 degree weather in AUGUST? In Louisiana, it's a SAUNA everyday this time of year. Sure am going to miss the beautiful Pacific Northwest!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow - talk to you all soon. Hi, SS!!!!Love Love Love
Aden's_Nana Offline
#131 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 8:14:26 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

My items under $5.00

bling
flourishes
distress inks -- black soot, frayed burlap, spun sugar
glue dots
zig 2 way glue
mini m&ms
reeses peices
distress markers -- I don't have any, so any color is fine
foam dots
flat back pearls
flat back gems
beads for stick pins
stick pins
charms
grandmaJ Offline
#132 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:02:55 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 734 time(s) in 610 post(s)
Good Morning Secret Santa Sisters!! Happy Tuesday, which is one day closer to FRIDAY!!

STW, better safe than sorry on the flights! My prayers for the safety of your family at home. Is you home in the direct path they are forcasting?

Ronnie, I take it you would like some bling maybe? LOL!!

Pam, what did you do for Disney? Congrats on the new grandbaby!!

Jess, what kind of job are you looking for at the hospital? My prayers for something to come through for you in your job search! In the mean while, enjoy the quiet house to yourself!! I am soooo jealous! I never get the house to myself anymore. When dh was still working (back in the good old days!) sometimes it would work out I had no kids and I loved to crank up the stereo and clean house! Ahhhh, my house and I both miss that!!!

I have several ideas racing through my head of things I would like to make for my person in this swap, but I guess I need to do a little more research and see if they are things she will like! maybe I should go back through the pages and just print off all of her posts so I can study them along with her MQ!

uh-oh, time to get ready for work. Crying
 1 user thanked grandmaJ for this useful post.
STW on 8/29/2012(UTC)
M&KGrandma Offline
#133 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 5:30:16 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Oh Janice, we HAVE to be sisters seperated at birth!!!!! (although my Mom would probably fall over at the news of ONE more kid!!) I LOVE, LOVE to crank up the music while I'm cleaning!!! Okay, I admit I don't do it so much anymore, kind of cause i dont' clean all that much, haha!! But there's something about listening to the tunes that makes everything go so much faster! I adore Christmas music and listen to it year round, which drives my family insane!!! But while I'm working on projects, it's just so inspiring and soothing to me!!! Crazy, I know!
Had a fabulous crafting day yesterday and hope to repeat today!!! Here's the reason why I had so much time to create... a busy little girl!!!:

I love that she loves to craft!!!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugs,
Teri
maryanne hoekman Offline
#134 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:59:04 AM(UTC)
maryanne hoekman

United States

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Hi all!! Happy Tuesday!! Im enjoying a day off today!!

Hopefully my brakes will get looked at today!! brake line has hole in it on my jeep so now breaks so i have been borrowing shawns truck!

Grandma j.. nope shawn and i always had the date set at october 12, 2013.. no worries im wrong alot too!Love

List some items you would like to receive under $5

tim holtz ink pads.. would love some dark fallish colors

stamped tilda images any would be great!! Thanks to a few friends on here I have fallen in love with Tilda stamps!!

glue dots

double stick tape

stationery.. this can be plain paper stamped with images thats fine.. just looking for something cute to write penpal letters on..

rubber stamp with a weenie dog on it!!

hope all of you have a great day!!! Im going to update my mq now!
scrappinchic Offline
#135 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:54:30 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Hello Santa's! Its a special day here. My (not blood ) sister is in labor! I am so excited! I can't wait for that babygirl to get here. Its been awhile since I head a bitty!

GrandmaJ still looking to do CNA work! I applied for 2 different jobs there! I am tired of sitting around the house. Cosmetology wasn't for me so I wont be returning to school for that so its back to work. Which I am okay with staying in the medical field. I am going to get my CNA 2 in the spring and take classes needed for nursing after that. It was always a toss up between the two career's.

To my SS! I am gonna make a few changes to my MQ and questions. If you have something that I had on there its totally fine. I am just going to remove what I got in happy mail and some new wishes...LOL!

Teri the pictures are great! She is a beauty! Love her art work!
noahsarkgirl Offline
#136 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:02:28 PM(UTC)
noahsarkgirl

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Waving to my Santa sisters!

Items under $5:
foam dots or squares
ATG tape
Bling
ribbon
zig glue
kckid68 Offline
#137 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:25:34 PM(UTC)
kckid68

United States

Hi Grandma J. I worked for the Disney Catalog (disneystore.com was a part of it). It used to be based in Kansas and now it in Utah and only have the online part now. I was an assistant supervisor and retired from there. It was alot of fun.

Pam
grandmaJ Offline
#138 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:27:17 PM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Pam, i bet you helped to make a lot of kids happy in a round about way!! How fun! Hope you are enjoying your retirement!

Teri, she is beautiful!! But doesn't it make you nervous having her with paint near those pretty floors? It sure would me!! ANd how fun that you had a Tammy doll! I had Tammy, Pepper, and BOB!! I think they are still in my mom's attic, but something makes me think my older sister may of cut some of Tammy's hair...she had a tendancy to do that and chew the fingers off our dolls!! I never had many clothes for them as my mom made lots of Barbie clothes for my sisters and there just wasn't a pattern for Tammy clothes! OMG, now I am gonna have to go to my moms and see if they are up there!!!

LittleMissCountry Offline
#139 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:58:25 PM(UTC)
LittleMissCountry

United States

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 66 post(s)
JCI before I have to go back to work. It's been a CRAZY week here already. The start of school and working extra hours. I will try to get caught up on posts later... and will be working on my Master Questionare.

and also a BIG shout out to BOTH Secret Santa's out there

Have a great day y'all

Renee
Heart2hand Offline
#140 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:35:06 PM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 544 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hello Sister Santas....

I hope you are all safe in the South. It has been a doozy there. My family is safe...and the friends that I chat with she is safe too. Prayers are with you all.

Teri...OMG...Kaitlyn is a sweetie....wonderful to have a craft buddy.

STW...be safe on your travels home...I know your kids are old enough to cope with what is going on...BUT they will always be a Momma's Babies...so I understand and worrying...it's a mom's nature. I do pray they are safe....(((HUGS)))

Jess...I'm sorry you are having to return to work...grrrr...I know the feeling. I'm wanting to retired at 44....LOLLOL LOL LOL LOL ...I will pray that all goes well and something will come your way.

AbbyLin...wow...Guam????? OMW....that is a far place from the states.

Lil'MissCountry....I know the long hours...sorry to hear of them for you...can make it rough on a family life for sure. I hope all goes well.

kckid....I'm sure that job was wonderful...I sooooooo ♥ Disney....Mickey is my hero!!!!Love

Maryanne....hey girl...thanks for the text....sent one back...HOPE all is going well with you and Shawn...miss ya sweetie.

Hello to Adens_Nana...and NoahsArkGirl....I hope you both are doing well...

HUGS to all
rhonda
 1 user thanked Heart2hand for this useful post.
STW on 8/29/2012(UTC)
Heart2hand Offline
#141 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:36:08 PM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 544 time(s) in 456 post(s)
WOW...I just noticed the CODES were gone....HAPPY DANCE

hugs
rhonda
rosecoloredglasses Offline
#142 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 11:34:41 PM(UTC)
rosecoloredglasses

United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hi Santa Sisters!

Been out of commission for a couple of days, but I'm back. Jess, I hope that you had a great time snuggling that little baby this afternoon! Mmmmm, the smell of a teeny weeny little miracle is the best smell in the whole world. So tell us, how beautiful was she? Did you get a pic to share? Spill it honey!

Now for the questions:

1. What kind of handmade items would you like? I would absolutely love a mini album. I do not own a single one. I love altered objects, and I would love a Christmas banner. BigGrin

2. What craft/scrapbooking tool is on your Christmas wishlist? Hmmm- a Tim Holtz distressing tool.

3. Do you have a scraproom/craft room? If so what colors/theme is it decorated in? I do, and it is pink. A beautiful soft pink with black shelving and a black island in the center.

$5 and under items:
Zig glue pens(chisel tip)
crinkle ribbon
flat back self adhesive pearls and/or crystals
embellys in general
foam pop dots/squares
cheesecloth
Surprise me!

Have a great day Secret Santa sisters!!!

Tammy
grandmaJ Offline
#143 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:12:28 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning Santa Sisters!! Happy hump day to you all!

M&KGrandma Offline
#144 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:51:05 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Hi Santas!!! Have been coming up with some ideas for my secret partner!!! I'll probably change my mind a million times, but love Christmas so much that this will be too much fun!!!!
Just stopping by to say hi and be back soon!!
Hugs,
Teri
Aden's_Nana Offline
#145 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:09:55 AM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Good afternoon everyone. I have my grandson today so no crafting for me until he goes home. I need to make a run to the store and get us some lunch and a trip to my moms. I wish I had more energy, I have a feeling I am going to need it today. lol
STW Offline
#146 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:34:04 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Hi, everyone. Still up in Washington - have been checking in on family through calls, texts and Facebook. My son just texted me that we've lost power now...not fun down in South Louisiana this time of the year! We live in Baton Rouge which the hurricane is pounding right now, so please say some prayers that this storm will move quickly (though, so far, its moving very s l o w l y ) and that power will be restored soon and flooding will be at a minimum.

I'm ready to get past off of this and start concentrating on playing Santa to one of you!!!! Can't wait to get started when I get home. Flapper

Have a great day!

PS How great is it that those codes are G O N E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

armywife25 Offline
#147 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:46:25 PM(UTC)
armywife25

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Items under $5:
ATG tape
neon ink pads
zig glue pen
anything lol
cricutjunky Offline
#148 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:54:56 PM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Yes, thank God the codes are GONE, hopefully forever.

STW, sorry to hear your home is catching all the bad weather from Isaac, they said that he down graded to a tropical storm, but LA was still getting a lot of rain and that people were being rescued because of all the flooding. Praying for your son and family and that you won't have a mess to go home to.
 1 user thanked cricutjunky for this useful post.
STW on 8/29/2012(UTC)
1CoolMom Offline
#149 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:58:11 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
Good morning sisters! Sorry, I haven't had checked in for a couple of days. I have been watching Isaac, too. Just now they are reporting a breached levee in Slidell, I have a lot of family there so I am hoping it is not too bad. My mom and one brother left town but everyone else stayed. My sister and I talked about the fact that the category of the storms really don't give a true picture of what is coming. I think they should add the size of the storm and how fast/slow it is moving to the determination of the category. Category 1 was not really a good "picture" of this storm. Ok that is my rant for the morning.

Edited by user Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:08:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Abby Lin Offline
#150 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:04:19 AM(UTC)
Abby Lin

Guam

Per the lucky lady who has meFlapper

Sorry I wasn't so specific on my list...

Here we go.

I am preparing for my very own wedding.
Dec 28 2013 is the day!

Our theme is Christmas in Paradise.

For my homemade item- maybe some sample wedding invitation cards
* my colors are cranberry, deep purple, and gold
(my invitations are all going to be homemade... Maybe your idea will be our inspiration)

I love grosgrain ribbons, card stock 12x12, adhesives, design scissors, and design punches.

I have a spellbinder and a cricut expression.

Items under $5:
Adhesives
Design scissors

(kinda hard lol because on Guam being that there are hardly any crafting places the few that are out here are pricey. So hopefully by my update it'll kinda give you some ideas.)

If I left anything out please let me know.
Thank you again! BigGrin

Edited by user Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:06:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Update