Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

31 Pages«<23456>»
maryanne hoekman Offline
#91 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:34:26 PM(UTC)
maryanne hoekman

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 94 post(s)
hi all!! Thanks so much to Sherrie for including me on this one!! I cant wait to spoil my partner!!

here are my answers to the initial questions:

1. What are your hobbies? writing letters, writing poetry, scrapbooking and rubberstamping and cardmaking! I also love doing jigsaw puzzles and coloring!! I also love taking pictures!
2. What are your favorite colors? purple, turquoise, teal, magenta..
3. Do you collect anything? rubberstamps, mary moo moo cow figurines, snowglobes, decorated socks,you know the cute ones you can buy around the holidays ie valentines day, halloween, xmas,(hope that makes sense)..
4. Coffee, tea or chocolate? I love hot cocoa!!
5. Describe one of your family tradition's at Christmas? My parents died when I was 19, so Im relying on memories here.. but one of the things that I always remember doing was going to JC Pennys on the day after thanksgiving and getting one of the mickey snowglobes that they hand out!!
6. Did you believe in Santa as a child? Yes, in fact i still do.. silly i know.. but theres always something amazing that happens around xmas that I attribute to christmas magic!
7. When do you open presents? Christmas morning..
8. Does is your hoilday theme/colors? Since I just moved in with my fiance in may i would have to say that we are started new traditions last year.. one of them is having a christmas tree that we go and chop down.. and we have decided to buy at least one new ornament a year.. I love weiner dogs and eeyore and my fiance Shawn loves hunting and fishing!! 9. When do you put up your tree? shortly after thanksgiving.
10. One craft item you can't live without? my cricut I love it!!oh and glue dots!
11. Anything you do not want? Not really I love suprises!
12. Two things you would LOVE to have? Would love to have a new cricut cart as I had to sell all but two of mine recently to make ends meet while I was looking for work.. Now I have found a great job working at Menards! I also LOVE Tilda Stamps! Only have a few but love them!
13. What kinds of projects are you working on? Wedding invitations and a scrapbook of my fiance Shawn and I profiling our relationship. The wedding invites will be fall themed as the wedding is fall colors.. dark yellow, dark orange, dark red, etc.
14. Favorite junk food? Jalepeno Cheetos or Tostitos Chips and Guacamole
15. Whats your favorite candy/chocolate? Resees Pieces, also love cherry flavored candy canes and Shawn my fiance loves fruit flavored Tootsie Rolls.
16. What is your favorite techniques? not sure still learning!
17. Any allergies? Tylenol Cold and Ragweed
18. What would you like as stash items? Stamped images from any tilda stamps would be great! Any item Shawn and I could use for making wedding invitations!Anything stamping up! Love stampin up stuff! their stamps, their markers, like i said in my mq I love their ink pads too! Otherwise I love suprises!!

Edited by user Friday, August 24, 2012 7:33:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: updated

grandmaJ Offline
#92 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 5:30:37 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 734 time(s) in 610 post(s)
Good Friday Morning Secret Santa's!! I am soooo ready for the weekend!

Welcome Maryanne! Long time no see! How are the wedding plans coming along? Are you getting nervous yet?

So what is everyone currently working on? I am making some fabric flowers for Alicia (she won my 5000th post RAK!) and I wonder...will I make some extra ones to put in the box for my Secret Santa person? (I'm having trouble calling this person My Secret Santa person cause I wouldn't give gifts to santa, they really would be more the person I am being Secret santa for...so what should I call them????)

I was just sitting here thinking about Christmas and thought you all might find it odd (or funny!), but a little known fact about me...I was over 28 years old before I got my first Barbie doll! Yup. Growing up I had 'Tammy' who was a tad bit bigger than Barbie and couldn't fit into Barbie's pretty clothes. My 2 older sisters both had several Barbies and I always (since growing up) joked about how I had Tammy, the doll who's legs spread when you sat her down. Well, one year after I was married, my mom gave me my first real Barbie for Christmas!!
1CoolMom Offline
#93 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 7:32:28 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
Janice, That is funny. I never liked Barbie growing up because those little clothes were a pain to put on. Olivia (my youngest) was into Polly Pockets for a while, I never knew anything could be worse than Barbie clothes but sure enough Polly's are worse.

MaryAnne, I am so glad you got into the swap before it closed. This is the type of swap we met in last year.

Waving hello to my Santa sister. (How's that, Janice?)
maryanne hoekman Offline
#94 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 7:58:06 AM(UTC)
maryanne hoekman

United States

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Good Morning all!

Its finally done raining!! I cant wait to spoil my ss!!! Now to keep it a secret!!

Here are my answers to the questions from yesterday!

1. What kind of handmade items would you like? I would love a handmade fall colored wreath or paint can.. I also love bookmarks though too or an altered frame maybe for Shawn and I to put our wedding picture in?Honestly i LOVE homemade items so anything would be great!!

2. What craft/scrapbooking tool is on your Christmas wishlist? HMM thats a tough one lets see.. a new paper cutter definitely!

3. Do you have a scraproom/craft room? If so what colors/theme is it decorated in? No craftroom for me maybe someday!!

Now to introduce myself, My name is Maryanne, I am 35, engaged to my soulmate Shawn to whom I have been Engaged Since May of 2010. He and I are getting married on October 12, 2013. We are getting super excited because we are starting to finalize the guest list and really think about the music we want to use and everyhing! Our colors will be fall colors as we both love that time of year!! I recently in July of 2011 started a job working at Menards as a cashier and I love it!! Shawn just found out the grocery store he works at which is where we met got bought out by Gordys county market so we are thankful they are keeping all the current store employees. I love to scrapbook and rubberstamp and make greeting cards! I also love to do swaps and have made some really great friends on here!! Im so happy to be back and swapping again!

Traci its great to see you!! I will always remember that swap we met in!! It was great!!

Rhonda how have you been?? sorry i havent texted in a while i have missed chatting with you!!

Janice, Yes we are getting nervous!! Everyone we talk to says that the last 12 months before the wedding date go fast and I have to say we agree!! Im still on the hunt for wedding tildas!!

Waving at everyone! For those I dont know yet I look forward to getting to know all of you!! Have a great day all!
joysee Offline
#95 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 2:49:51 PM(UTC)
joysee

United States

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Happy Friday to all!!

Waving to everyone..
Hope ya'll have a great weekend!!
Im gonna craft mine away..lol
BigGrin
grandmaJ Offline
#96 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 3:42:53 PM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Hi SANTA SISTERS! (yea, Traci, I like that...Santa Sisters!! Thanks!!)

Maryanne, why did I think you were getting married THIS October? Were you and now you changed it or was I wrong (as usual!)?

So glad it is after 5 on Friday...no kids pitter pattering around my house for 2 days! WhooHoooo!!
SherrieStevens Offline
#97 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 4:38:00 PM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Hi all you secret santa's hope you all have a good crafty weekend I am going to craft all weekend I hope I have been under the weather today hope I'm better tomorrow. Waves to my secret santa's Sherrie
Beach_Bum Offline
#98 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 6:59:38 PM(UTC)
Beach_Bum

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 215 time(s) in 119 post(s)
After reading all the posts about what everyone likes and of course, I think to myself... why didn't I think of that.... UGH! Huh

It fun to watch all the ways inwhich we come together as one in the end and become closer!

Have a great weekend everyone! DH and I have a bbq contest to judge and have to leave early in the morning and probably won't be back until later in the evening..... since he likes me to drive, guess I'd better get some rest!

Remember.... Santa's watching!!!!

Beach Bum!
armywife25 Offline
#99 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 7:17:56 PM(UTC)
armywife25

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
1. What kind of handmade items would you like? Anything maybe a Christmas banner

2. What craft/scrapbooking tool is on your Christmas wishlist? zip dry glue, neon colored stamp pads anything lol

3. Do you have a scraproom/craft room? If so what colors/theme is it decorated in? I do have a craftroom it is painted chocolate brown and I have white and pink shelfs :o)
Jamiemn Offline
#100 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 7:53:38 PM(UTC)
Jamiemn

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Don't see much crafting in my future this weekend. Broters wedding tomorrow and don't know what Sunday holds yet. Hopefully I can get some in then. All kinds of ideas in my head I want to try.
Hollywood Glitter Offline
#101 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 12:12:17 AM(UTC)
Hollywood Glitter

United States

Hi Everyone,

I'm so excited about this Secret Santa Swap. Here are my answers to the latest questions.

1. What kind of handmade items would you like? This is tuff. I'm open to anything

2. What craft/scrapbooking tool is on your Christmas wishlist? I really want to learn to emboss. So anything related to that would be nice. Also I would love to find some great scrapbook paper that has different textures.

3. Do you have a scraproom/craft room? If so what colors/theme is it decorated in? I wish. My craft room is half my living room and half my bedroom. Just depends on the space I need and what's on TV BigGrin
Heart2hand Offline
#102 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 3:26:54 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 544 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Good morning Santa Babies....

Jess...I will be sending you a PM on some things for you to pass on to my SS....

Maryanne...OMG...soo happy you are with us. I tooo MISS our chats....Glad to hear you found a good job...CONGRATS!!! Tell SHawn hello for me....text me girlfriend....

I've not see our list of **TO-DO's** yet...so I'm off to see them and will return....lol

SS...I hope you are doing well today....I've read your list of info...HUmmmmmm....ideas are floating around...

SS~2~Me....I too hope your day is wonderful and very crafty. Today I'm working on a few swaps for this month then I'm working on things for this one....

Holiday Hugs
&
Christmas Kisses

rhonda
grandmaJ Offline
#103 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 6:11:18 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning Secret Santa Sisters!! Hope you are all looking forward to a wonderful weekend full of crafting!! (and BBQ it sounds like! BeachBum, I like mine not too sweet but not too spicy either! LOL!) Spose to be hot here today so not looking forward to that! Today is my mom's 82 bday and we are getting together tomorrow to celebrate that, so I will have to make some food today for that.

Rhonda, sounds like you are already in the Christmas spirit! Go Girl!! I am trying to hold off on singing my carols for a while or I will run out of songs!!

Can you guys keep a secret? I might be getting my CO grandkids again for 2-3 weeks this fall! I am soooo excited!!!!!!!! Shhhhh, don't tell Joeysmom though!

Waves to my Santa sisters!! Hope you both have a great weekend, whatever you choose to do!!
Jamiemn Offline
#104 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 6:20:19 AM(UTC)
Jamiemn

United States

Just wanted to let my SS know I added a few more items I would love to have.

Hoping I can get to the store this weekend and start looking for some of my items to start creating!
Aden's_Nana Offline
#105 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:07:16 AM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
I had planned on making my Secret Sister a holiday banner today but the Pretty Pennants cartridge I ordered from Joanns.com is defective, so I have to wait till I get the replacement cartridge.Mad Oh well, I still have plenty of other things I can work on but I had my heart set on trying that cart out.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and gets plenty of crafting time.

Jackie
Abby Lin Offline
#106 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:40:49 AM(UTC)
Abby Lin

Guam

Hi there everyone! My name is Abby Lin. I live on the beautiful island of Guam. I'm 25 yrs young Flapper
I have been with my fiancé for almost 7yrs. He's very supportive of my crafting addiction lol.
Or is it cause I don't give him a choice Laugh

I am so happy to have found this group, also to be part of some great swaps.

Great to meet everyone and see such amazing crafting.
Thank you so much for the inspirations...

Heart2hand Offline
#107 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:45:50 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Jess....

With this round...we make whatever we want and purchase whatever we want...according to our SS likes? CORRECT? NO list to go by?

GrandmaJ....that would be awesome....enjoy those lil' ones...I am soo envious!Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Beach_Bum....sounds like a fun day for you and DH....yummmmmm...

HUgs
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#108 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 4:54:15 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Heart2hand Go to Quoted Post
Jess....

With this round...we make whatever we want and purchase whatever we want...according to our SS likes? CORRECT? NO list to go by?

GrandmaJ....that would be awesome....enjoy those lil' ones...I am soo envious!Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Beach_Bum....sounds like a fun day for you and DH....yummmmmm...

HUgs
rhonda

Yes Rhonda you are right!. Just so you spend the 25-30 minimum, include the card, ornament, a handmade item and a goody! I am okay with everything else! I included the stash items to really use as filler's. If yall are like me! I have tons of new stuff that I want to part with in my stash!

How many of you are lucky enough to get crafting supplies for Christmas? Not meGlare ! I ask for them every year and still get lotions or kitchen supplies. Hello!!!!! Kitchen supplies are for everyone not just me! I want me stuff!!!!! LOL! I am such a kid at Christmas!

Big waves to my SS! I have my box and ready to fill it! I know what I am making for your handmade item. I think you will love it! Its one of my favorite things to makeWink !

I have had several pm's about Santa's wanting to send very nice boxes so please make sure your questions are filled out. Surprise me or anything is not answersThumbDown ! If you want a good box then be more specific! If not...there's no telling what you will getUnsure !

I have another question:

List some items you would like to receive under $5?

Have a fabulous Sunday!

scrappinchic Offline
#109 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 4:58:38 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Tim Holtz Distress reinkers...
Copics...
Studio G glitter glues (I like just as good as stickles)
Flowers
Bling
Buttons
Sentiments Stamps for cards

Edited by user Friday, October 26, 2012 6:00:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Heart2hand Offline
#110 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 5:47:35 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Hello Ladies...

$5 items I'd LOVE would be....
~~Pearls...self-adhesive
~~Pearls strand beads..all sizes
~~MINI envies...kraft color
~~Charms...
~~MINI glue dots/or pop dots
~~Stick pins

Hope this helps my Santa Sister out....

HUGs
rhonda
Jamiemn Offline
#111 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 7:51:04 AM(UTC)
Jamiemn

United States

List some items you would like to receive under $5

Pop Dots
Phrase stamps for cards
Embossing Folders - Don't have any
Stamp Pads

SherrieStevens Offline
#112 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:13:51 AM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

Items I would like for $5

Stick pins for me to decorate
beads
sentiment stamps
flate back pearls and rhinestones--self adhesive
butterfly's
flowers

Thanks Sherrie
SherrieStevens Offline
#113 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:17:43 AM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

beads
sentiment stamps
butterfly's
flowers

Thanks Sherrie
SherrieStevens Offline
#114 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:19:23 AM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

beads
sentiment stamps
butterfly's
flowers

Thanks Sherrie
DonnaSchnees Offline
#115 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 11:57:07 AM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 112 post(s)
5$ items:

beads for stickpins
rhinestones or pearls self-adhesive
4x6 printed paper pads
mini stamp words for cards (thank you, welcome and etc.)
Tim Holtz ink pads
Glimmer Mist

Already getting a list made of what I want to do for my SSBigGrin
grandmaJ Offline
#116 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 1:02:05 PM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Hello Secret Santa Sisters!! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Mine is going by toooo fast!! So much I wanted to do, and here I sit...
It is raining here today, which is MUCH NEEDED! Went to church this morning and we never had any power until when they were taking up the offering. (Guess the good Lord wanted everyone to make sure they were taking out the big bills from their wallets and not the small ones! LOL!) It was starting to get stuffy in there so the fans and ac were welcome by then!! Anyhow, we need the rain so let it come!

AbbyLin, are you born and raised on Guam or moved there?

I get crafty stuff for Christmas...stepdd Kim (Joeysmom) helps my dh by doing his shopping for him so that helps!! That and most of the ladies in my family (sisters, neices etc) scrap too, so sometimes I get some stuff that way too!

Let's see...items I want that are under $5...TomBow adheisive refills, pop dots, flat back pearls (any colors!), fancy laces and ribbons, vintage buttons, glue pen, liquid pearls, and I am sure many more things!
1CoolMom Offline
#117 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 3:00:44 PM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
Zig Two Way Glue
Flat back pearls
Pop Dots
Studio G "stickles"
Charms
Glass Beads
cricutjunky Offline
#118 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 7:07:10 PM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Items for under 5 bucks: any bling, feathers, flowers, ribbon, lace, buttons or small paint brushes.

For Christmas I get crafty stuff from my sisters, brendilly and doodles, we usually get each other something crafty to work with. My husband is very good at getting me something crafty, one year he got me stuff to make soap and one year he got me stuff to make candles with, we've been married along time so he knows me well.

STW Offline
#119 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:09:16 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Hi, everyone! Hi, Secret SantaLove

Items under $5.....

Fleur de Lis cuttlebug folder
embossing powders - gold, copper, silver, clear, or white
distressing ink pads
Zig pen
mini glue dots
med glue dots
pop dots

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm out of town visiting family in NW Washington state....close to the Canadian border. Am supposed to fly back home Wed....right when the weather forecasters are calling for the hurricane to hit New Orleans, which is where I'm supposed to fly into....or not....so, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Hope that everyone has a nice week!
grandmaJ Offline
#120 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 4:09:04 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Monday Morning Secret Santa Sisters!!

STW, safe travels to you!! You are a looooong ways from home! I would love to get up to the northwestern states sometime, I bet it is beautiful up that way! Hopefully the hurricane will be kind and let you fly home! Is where you live in LA in the storm path?

Any of our other Santa's facing the hurricane? Hopeing it pushes some much needed rain up our way later in the week, but not at the expense of those living along the gulf.

1 user thanked grandmaJ for this useful post.
STW on 8/30/2012(UTC)