Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Queenleader Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:53:21 PM(UTC)
Queenleader

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Well DH said I could fix the spare room up. I want to get 2 cabinets with drawers not doors and put a counter top on top of it for a work. Does anyone know the best place and the best prices for this???? the jetmax cubes just do not seem wide enough. Thank you in advance for not gining DH a stroke cause I know someone will have the 411 here. I want to be able to put my cricut on one end and my imagine on the other.
Suzanne Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:43:39 PM(UTC)
Suzanne

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 23 post(s)
My sister has found kitchen cabinets at thrift stores numerous times. She has bought several, refinished them and then used them for storage. I think the most that she paid for them was about $30. It might be worth a look to see if you could track some down. (And save your DH from sticker shock!!LOL ) You could also call and talk to some contractors that do home remodeling. They may have some that you could come pick up!
Lguild Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 11:13:47 AM(UTC)
Lguild

Was thanked: 1717 time(s) in 690 post(s)
Are you planning to sit at this counter to do crafts?

I realized when I was planning my craft room that base cabinets are too high and decided to go a different route. A cabinetmaker friend built mine so I got just what I needed.

Check out http://www.cabinetstogo.com. We bought cabinets at their showroom and really like them. Much less expensive than Lowe's or Home Depot too. They're prefinished and shipped right to your door.

We love the "closer" on the drawers. You just barely nudge them and they'll automatically slide shut.

I just checked on cabinets to go website and they have 3 drawer base units for less than $175. And, believe me, my honey oak cabinets I got from them look just as good installed as they do online.

Edited by user Friday, September 24, 2010 11:36:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hugabug Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 11:29:05 AM(UTC)
Hugabug

Was thanked: 542 time(s) in 238 post(s)
Check out Ikea. They have great organizational pieces That have drawers not doors. And they are so reasonable.
micheles Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 7:46:47 PM(UTC)
micheles

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 358 time(s) in 178 post(s)
I have seen 6 and 8 foot counters at Lowes. They are in the kitchen section.
lormarcol Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 10:05:27 PM(UTC)
lormarcol

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

My desk is about 4 foot wide. I found the base, at Target. It consists of 4 different shelves, clearanced out for $7 apiece. (I paid $1 more per shelf, because I bought the white ones.) The top is a shelf from Menard's, previously bought, to use as a craft table, but my original plan didn't work out. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I don't think it was over $20.

So my table is nice, pretty, and sturdy, for cheap! Probably spent about $50. I hope the picture came out, I tried to include it in the post. And I forgot to mention that everything came in white, I didn't even have to paint it!
BigGrin
lormarcol Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 10:07:47 PM(UTC)
lormarcol

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Table Pic

Trying to post pic again, I don't know how to do it on this board, geez!
Kroppin Kari Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 11:33:20 PM(UTC)
Kroppin Kari

United States

Was thanked: 1762 time(s) in 900 post(s)
I suggest IKEA, they have table tops in all sorts of sizes and colors, and you can get their expedite series shelves they have one thats 2 cubes x 2 cubes that would be perfect for the sides of a table. Something else I looked at too, were premade cabinets from home depot, and a pre-finished laminate slab. They are all reasonably priced and the right size for crafting at.. another option is to get a table, and buy some of the rolling storage units, that have 2 or 3 drawers, and there are some that hold the iris boxes for 12x12 papers... then you can line a bunch of them up under your desk and roll them out when you scrapbook... then you can use all the space in the back of the table along the wall to hold things.
Camille Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 12:15:25 AM(UTC)
Camille

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Check out your local Craig's list or Freecycle. You can find great deals or even someone just wanting to give great stuff.
DazyCutr Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 3:41:37 AM(UTC)
DazyCutr

Was thanked: 427 time(s) in 196 post(s)
I love my JetMax cubes. I used 12 of them and made an island. 2 high. 6 on each side. I put wheels on the bottom ones so I can move it. I bought 2 laminate shelves from Lowe's and made a top for them, it works great. They hangover the edges some, but look good like that.