Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Buggin_Out Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:25:17 PM(UTC)
Buggin_Out

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 385 time(s) in 250 post(s)
My Gypsy came with 4 extra cartridges (in addition to Gypsy Wanderings and Gypsy Font) that were automatically added to the machine when I did the initial update. I notice that the Gypsy also registered in "my account" during that update process, but there is nothing showing these cartidges. There was nothing in the packaging about these cartirdges or serial numbers for them. Does anyone have any ideas about how I register my ownership of these 4 cartidges with Cricut?

I read something in another forum that this combo registered for them as a 'gypsy bundle' - but mine did not register that way.Bored
ladybugstamper Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:10:10 PM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 244 post(s)
Where did you purchase your Gypsy?

What are the names of the 4 cartridges?

I think I remember an on-line company selling the Gypsy with some additional cartridges, I did not know they were preloaded.

This is interesting, I'd be curious to find out how this works.
Buggin_Out Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:29:28 PM(UTC)
Buggin_Out

I bought it for $199 at cricutdirect.com (misleading and slow shipping BTW)

The cartridges are:
Tags, Bags, Boxes etc.
All Mixed Up
Christmas Cheer
Paper Pups

I know they are all older and/or discontinued, but I did not have any of them.

The 2 regular G carts were preloaded (ie. there when I first turned on the G), like everyone else. The other four automatically loaded when I updated G over the internet with Cricut.
ladybugstamper Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:36:26 PM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 244 post(s)
Wow, interesting.

I would suggest contacting Provo Craft about registering those 4 cartridges.

I happen to own three of them, I think you got a really good deal. Enjoy.

sorry I couldn't be more helpful
AmandaVillarreal Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 11:16:45 AM(UTC)
AmandaVillarreal

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I seen that deal too but was wondering how it worked. plus i already have all mixed up and now tbbm so i didnt follow through. Im hoping provocraft can help you! Im kind of thinking they cant be registered though but then again I dont know lol. Good Luck!
Lalia Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:08:47 AM(UTC)
Lalia

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 6 post(s)
The only way that I know you can register those carts is to enter the Serial Number off the back of the actual cartridge. Did you get the actual cartridges, handbooks and boxes? If not, I'd contact Provo Craft and tell them what's going on.
Buggin_Out Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:32:30 PM(UTC)
Buggin_Out

I don't know really why it matters if I register them, although I don't know what happens if the G crashes. Guess I'll find out then. I'm not trying to get rewards or anything. But if PC orignally knew to download them to me in the first place, I hoping they will know again.......Unsure

I was on a kick last weekend to register everything - for more reasons I can't explain - and wrote in the serial number section something like "downloaded to Gypsy." It said I would get an email from PC. Will see what happens.
NurseGeek Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:33:52 PM(UTC)
NurseGeek

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I bought this deal, too, from Cricutdirect. When you register and then update your Gypsy, the cartridges will be there. You must do the Gypsy content update to get them. The names of the four extra cartridges will be in bold on your Gypsy signifying they are loaded on the Gypsy. The only thing you don't get is any information about what is on the cartridges or overlays. I am waiting for an Imagine from HSN so don't need any overlays and the cartridge info can be found online.
~tallulah~ Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:40:37 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
NurseGeek wrote:
I bought this deal, too, from Cricutdirect. When you register and then update your Gypsy, the cartridges will be there. You must do the Gypsy content update to get them. The names of the four extra cartridges will be in bold on your Gypsy signifying they are loaded on the Gypsy. The only thing you don't get is any information about what is on the cartridges or overlays. I am waiting for an Imagine from HSN so don't need any overlays and the cartridge info can be found online.

she's not talking about having them on her g. she's talking about having them show up in her pc account as registered. right op?

it's the same with the g wanderings and font. when i registered my g i thought it would show those on my account where i had registered all my *real* carts. it didn't. i'm going to assume that if something happens to my g pc will know those 2 carts were on it when i bought it.

i posted about this too but didn't get an answer. the reason i asked was because there was a g font and a g wanderings on the list of carts to choose when registering...but i have no idea where to find the serial numbers for them since they were on my g when i purchased it...
Buggin_Out Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:48:17 PM(UTC)
Buggin_Out

Taluah: Yes, you are correct. It's my PC online account where I am trying to register these. And like you, I noticed the Gypsy cartridges in the registration list and tried to register them. If they are there, we should be able to, right?? Unsure

Edited by user Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:14:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~tallulah~ Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:50:45 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

i can't even get to the registration place now. lol i did find it but 2 of my carts still aren't showing...and the gypsy doesn't say bundle so i'm still wondering if my g font and wanderings is registered.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:02:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NurseGeek Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:59:09 PM(UTC)
NurseGeek

You won't get the cartidges on your PC for the cricut direct deal. The explanation is on cricut direct. They show up on your Gypsy. I didn't have them either until I connected my Gypsy, registered it, and then did the Gypsy update. And then, there they were after the content update. That is how you get the four extra cartridges. They are on your Gypsy. I think that should have been explained much more clearly.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:00:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~tallulah~ Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:04:37 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

NurseGeek wrote:
You won't get the cartidges on your PC for the cricut direct deal. The explanation is on cricut direct. They show up on your Gypsy. I didn't have them either until I connected my Gypsy, registered it, and then did the Gypsy update. And then, there they were after the content update. That is how you get the four extra cartridges. They are on your Gypsy. I think that should have been explained much more clearly.

she isn't wanting the real cartridges. they are on her gypsy already. she is trying to register them. to register carts you have to have the serial numbers and since they are pre-downloaded onto your g you don't know a serial number to use for registration.

~tallulah~ Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:06:21 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

i'm just going to email pc and ask about the g font and wanderings and the 2 carts that won't register to my account. hope they answer!
NurseGeek Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:16:30 PM(UTC)
NurseGeek

I guess I am not making myself clear about how this works. You don't register the cartridges. There are no serial numbers. They will automatically appear on your Gypsy once you register your Gypsy and update it. Like magic, they show up as registered. If you have registered and updated your Gypsy and the six cartridges are not showing up in BOLD on the Gypsy, meaning you have access to them, then I would try re-updating your Gypsy. If you still don't have them appearing on your Gypsy, then a call to PC would be necessary. My only problem in getting cardtridges this way, is there is no booklet or overlay. I did email PC about this point, however. Haven't heard anything yet.

One more thing, after you register your Gypsy, you will get an email from Cricut Promtions that will give you a Cricut Rewards code for 200 Rewards Points. I am headed there now to add my points.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:19:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~tallulah~ Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:25:28 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

i do understand what you are saying, but...

if you go to the registration forum to register your carts the downloaded carts are listed and they require a serial number. my gypsy is registered but it doesn't say it was a bundle and it doesn't say that the font and wanderings are registered on it.

maybe the serial number of the gypsy tells them what carts are digitally downloaded to your g. if so then i am not getting why they are listed so one can add them to one's carts.

also...just because they are bolded and on your g doesn't mean they are registered. i had all my carts bolded and on my g and cut with them but none of them were registered.
NurseGeek Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:53:34 PM(UTC)
NurseGeek

I think if you are just concerned about registering the cartridges, you are going to have to call PC because there is absolutely no way to do this. There is no serial number to use. This is a very unique way to sell the cartridges. No packaging or physical cartridge at all. No Gypsy, no cartridges. I was hoping after registering the Gypsy, PC would mail/email out additional info but so far that didn't happen.
suzwinter Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:02:28 AM(UTC)
suzwinter

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I just got this version, too. If you hear anything back from PC, can you come and let us know? I'm also interested in this question.

For instance, if something happens to our gypsy, is there any way for PC to know that we have the bundled version in case we need to have them swap out our gypsy?

Of course, my receipt (which I've kept in my gypsy box, indicates I have the bundle, so I do feel "safe", but it all is a little strange...
Buggin_Out Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:55:09 PM(UTC)
Buggin_Out

Sure, I will post when I find out more. I haven't gotten any email from PC from my registration attempts over the weekend, and the carts have not appeared in my 'registered' list. So, looks like I will need to find some time during the work day to call.
Buggin_Out Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:57:01 PM(UTC)
Buggin_Out

BTW, thanks to those who chimed in that they too purchased this deal. Glad to know I'm not the only one on this boat, even if it is floating fine right now! BigGrin
TheBugBytes Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:33:49 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

Was thanked: 1539 time(s) in 876 post(s)
~talulah~ wrote:
i can't even get to the registration place now. lol i did find it but 2 of my carts still aren't showing...and the gypsy doesn't say bundle so i'm still wondering if my g font and wanderings is registered.

when you go to the account you will see one of GW or GF will will be registered. What we did is if there was a space in one we added a hypen in the other
For the other two cartridges best is to call PC
~tallulah~ Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:36:49 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

TheBugBytes wrote:
when you go to the account you will see one of GW or GF will will be registered. What we did is if there was a space in one we added a hypen in the other
For the other two cartridges best is to call PC

nope. neither gf or gw are showing at all...but i was talking about were opposites attract and christmas cheer. when i registered them it said they would show up in my registered carts in 72 hours. i've tried twice and still not there...i emailed pc. maybe i'll call tomorrow if i don't hear from them.
~tallulah~ Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:09:09 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

just got off the phone with pc. i emailed them about some mats but they replied asking me to call to get the situation resolved. so while i was on the phone with them i asked all our questions! lol.

they transferred me to a registration person to answer these questions btw.

you cannot register the pre-loaded carts; either the original gf and gw OR the ones on the gypsy with the additional 4 pre-loaded ones. she said that they will know by the serial number of the gypsy itself that you register which carts are pre-loaded.

i specifically asked about my gypsy with the 2 pre-loaded AND THEN i asked if i purchased the gypsy that has the original 2 carts and then the other 4 and she said it was the same thing. by the serial number of each individual gypsy they know what carts are pre-loaded on them.

just an fyi i also asked about my two carts (christmas cheer and opposites attract) that will not register for me and she tried and then put me on hold and then said they are having problems with some of the serial numbers and will resolve the issue and for me to try to register them again in two weeks.

she also said that if something happened to my g having the carts registered wouldn't matter b/c they would reserialize it so i could link my carts to the new g or the refurbished old one. they don't actually link your carts or anything and that's why they stress keeping your carts after linking them.

whew! ok then...we got answers!!
 1 user thanked ~tallulah~ for this useful post.
Buggin_Out on 10/1/2010(UTC)
NurseGeek Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:18:59 PM(UTC)
NurseGeek

Yea. I was afraid of that. My problem with the downloaded carts is that they are on the Gypsy only. So, what happens if something happens to your Gypsy? Also, no one else can borrow or use the carts. There also is no overlay or booklet for any of these. Don't know if they were such a bargain. Don't think I would buy that bundle if I had it to do over again. I would prefer the physical cart and packaging.
NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:03:33 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 799 time(s) in 449 post(s)
I have 27 cartridges which don't show on my a$$ets list and PC has known about it since June 17th and done absolutely NOTHING. Good luck!
~tallulah~ Offline
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:54:52 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

well...after talking to the pc rep i don't know what registering carts really has to do with anything...

nursegeek if you want the carts and books and overlays for the 4 carts pre-loaded on the gypsy watch for great deals and buy them. they are older and you should be able to find them fairly inexpensively.
NurseGeek Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:19:18 PM(UTC)
NurseGeek

This is a good suggestion, talulah, and you're right..I don't know what registering gets us, anyway.
Enjoy your new Gypsy. I think it will be tons of fun.
Donna
suzwinter Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:38:12 PM(UTC)
suzwinter

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Talulah,
Thanks for getting this info--makes sense that our serial number would indicate which bundle we have. I'm not going to worry too much about it. My gypsy works fine, and if it hiccups at any point, I'm certain I'll be able to work things out w/ PC.
Buggin_Out Offline
#29 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 5:52:17 AM(UTC)
Buggin_Out

Thanks so much for getting to the bottom of this!! So, now we know our backup if something happens to the G is that PC can tell from the serial number which carts should be added back eletronincally. BigGrin

NurseGeek: I tought cricutdirect.com was pretty clear that this bundle was a download only for the extra 4 carts. Talulah has a great idea about buying a used cart if you want the overlay. You can also download the handbooks for free from PC. I did that to have the visial reference I am used to.

Thanks, thanks, thanks again, Talulah! Wub

Edited by user Friday, October 01, 2010 5:53:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified