Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

briananp Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 1:58:59 PM(UTC)
briananp

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When I'm in Cricut Craft Room and I try to make a 13 by welding 1 and 3 the outline of the numbers goes light (grey instead of black) and the little no cut symbol (a knife with a dash through it) shows up. This also happens when I try to weld two 2's to make a 22. Is the cricut mini unable to cut certain shapes? I don't understand why. I've attached a pic with the screenshot (at the bottom of the post). My husband got this for me on Saturday as an early mothers' day gift. It's my first cricut, but I have to say I am not really impressed. Not to mention the exorbitant price of cartridges (including the digital ones), I can't believe that the warranty doesn't cover mats or blades (what if they came broken?) and my research has indicated that ProvoCraft has bad customer service, so I worry about any possible issues I'd have in the future. I definitely will not be paying full price for any cartridges, any suggestions of where to get them for cheap? I have found some more reasonably priced on ebay. Anyway... sorry to vent. So any help with the no cut symbol and suggestions for reasonably priced cartridges would be great!

Edited by user Monday, May 14, 2012 3:58:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added pic

briananp attached the following image(s):
Picture 2.png
Tupperstamper Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:44:47 PM(UTC)
Tupperstamper

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 666 time(s) in 403 post(s)
I've had similar problem. What's weird for me is I will have it do something like that and then I unweld them and weeks them again and it works.

Lusa
Narelle Online
#3 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2012 12:34:52 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7571 time(s) in 3534 post(s)
First up, that "no-cut" symbol is always there. You'll find 4 of them on the mat - one on each side. They're there to remind you not to put any shapes past the yellow border because they won't be cut.

The Mini isn't causing your welding problem. That's a bug in the software that PC have been made aware of. It doesn't happen all the time, and it doesn't happen with every number or font. You can usually get around it by changing the vertical placement of one of your objects.

Eg: In the first picture the 1 and the 3 are both placed at the same Y position (0.43") and aren't welding properly.

In the second picture I have lowered the Y position of the 3 by .001" to 0.431" and they are now welding properly

I did the same thing for the 22. For that one I had to change the vertical placement by .002 to get it to work. Eg, one "2" was at 0.514" and the other at 0.516"

Hope that helps! Smile

Lastly, PC customer service is fantastic (in my opinion) and I'm calling from Australia! BigGrin I'm not doubting that some people have had bad service (what organisation doesn't have some occasionally) but it seems that rarely do people post when they have had good service. I guess that's because it's what we expect to get! Smile