Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
xcountrymom Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:09:01 AM(UTC)
xcountrymom

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I just bought my G yesterday (yea me!). I have already sinc'd and updated it and everything seems to be running fine so I cautiously linked 5 of my carts that I use less frequently just in case something went wrong. I was wondering how long you all waited to link all of your carts? Did you wait some or did you do it immediately?
cricaholic Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:16:07 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1172 time(s) in 667 post(s)
BigGrin I ordered mine last Oct from HSN and it was on backorder till Nov.. Anyway it was considered the "Holiday" purchase and I had till Jan 31st to return it. In February I slowly started loading my carts.. about two a week.. Still no problems so in March I loaded them all.LOL LOL LOL LOL I LOVE MY "G"!!!
LenoreSovereign Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:35:25 AM(UTC)
LenoreSovereign

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 26 post(s)
I got my gypsy on ebay and had been watching alot ot tutorials. Got it set to go, played with it a little and loaded all 65 of my carts. Haven't looked back!!! Love my G!BigGrin
*myamagoo* Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:29:07 AM(UTC)
*myamagoo*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 908 time(s) in 423 post(s)
Well , I got mine as soon as humanly possible...so last year on September 27th...woah.

The second I got home I turned it on. I made a design and wanted to cut it out...so 1 cart let to 2 carts and well don't cha know it...I loaded all of my carts on it that day lol!!

I can understand your concern about loading carts - most people are reluctant if they plan to sell their Gypsy in the future. If you plan to sell the EULA states you must sell the gypsy AND the linked cartridge must come with it.

However, if you are only concerned in case the G breaks...not to worry - register your carts and PC can put the serial #s on a new Gypsy if need be. Then once you get your fixed Gypsy back = you are able to link all your carts againBigGrin BigGrin

I hope this helpsBigGrin
AmandaVillarreal Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:50:54 AM(UTC)
AmandaVillarreal

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 28 post(s)
After i played around with it I linked all of my cartridges so I guess you can say the first and second day lol.
SeashoreBound Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:18:54 AM(UTC)
SeashoreBound

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I plunged right in as I received my Gypsy and loaded all my cartridges. I have not had any issues with my Gypsy, any of the updates or loading my cartridges.
SassyLady Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:31:08 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Was thanked: 823 time(s) in 397 post(s)
I got mine on the HSN launch, received it in the mail at work, took it out, plugged it in let it charge and as soon as I got home from work I loaded all my carts and went to a crop.... IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! and I never looked back! Love My Gypsy Woman!!!
xcountrymom Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:37:31 AM(UTC)
xcountrymom

Thanks everyone for your input! I think I will more than likely just jump in with both feet and get the rest of my carts loaded. I keep playing around and I want to cut stuff out and can't do that without my carts being linked so I'm sure by the days end I'll probably have them all loaded on. I can't believe how much I'm in love with the Gypsy already! It is definately going to expand my creativity tremendously. I am soooooooo thrilled with it! BigGrin
ohana Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:37:58 AM(UTC)
ohana

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 33 post(s)
AmandaVillarreal wrote:
After i played around with it I linked all of my cartridges so I guess you can say the first and second day lol.

Me, too!!! Love my G :)
Southernbellescrapper Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:43:58 AM(UTC)
Southernbellescrapper

Was thanked: 217 time(s) in 133 post(s)
I got my Gypsy about a month ago and I guess I just plunged right in...I synched all my carts (about 45) in like less than an hour. I was just so ready to go. I've been head over heels in love with my G ever since! I can't believe I waited so long to purchase this baby!

Oooh, I wanted to say to that I hope you will play along with the challenge on here too. They have helped me IMMENSELY!!!! I've learned sooo much by doing those! BigGrin
xcountrymom Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 11:33:59 AM(UTC)
xcountrymom

Well I couldn't wait any longer just sinc'd all my carts - patience never was in my vocabulary!!! This is so much fun I just love this little gadget! BigGrin
♥Lynnette♥ Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 11:49:06 AM(UTC)
♥Lynnette♥

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 16 post(s)
about 2 seconds to link all of mine LOL
Cdaily Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:12:48 PM(UTC)
Cdaily

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Southernbellescrapper wrote:
I got my Gypsy about a month ago and I guess I just plunged right in...I synched all my carts (about 45) in like less than an hour. I was just so ready to go. I've been head over heels in love with my G ever since! I can't believe I waited so long to purchase this baby!

Oooh, I wanted to say to that I hope you will play along with the challenge on here too. They have helped me IMMENSELY!!!! I've learned sooo much by doing those! BigGrin

I did the same thing linked my cartridges as soon as I took my gypsy out of the box I just couldn't wait!
MaryC Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:22:00 PM(UTC)
MaryC

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 84 post(s)
I was very cautious about loading carts on my gypsy. I took her out of her box and plugged her in. I came to my computer and started looking for gypsy videos by some of our wonderful MB members. I then played with her a bit to see if I liked the screen/zoom. Decided to go ahead with the gypsy sync and update. LOVED the updates! Once I was thru all this, I immediately linked all my carts the same day! I have them organized alphabetically, so I just worked my way thru until they were all linked. I haven't picked up a cart since, but I use my gypsy nearly every day! LOL
~tallulah~ Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:23:50 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
i load my carts as soon as i get them. i try to really think about it before i purchase carts so i figure if i buy them i'll keep them. not a issue for me.
ladybugstamper Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:07:46 PM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 245 post(s)
I too loaded mine within a few days of receiving my Gypsy. DH bought it for me on October 25th from Michael's it was a complete surprise.

I would suggest your Gypsy be plugged into the wall unit, I find a lot of linking is a bit draining on her battery, so may as well let it be charging.

I have no regrets about loading my cartridges, I have over 100 linked on the Gypsy. I am the type that if I buy it, I own it, I plan to keep it and use it eventually.

Enjoy
lylacfey Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:33:51 AM(UTC)
lylacfey

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 251 post(s)
I got my Gypsy one month after it was released. With all the great help I had on this board I knew what I was doing. I was syncing my cartridges within a day I think. I hardly can believe it's been a year since she was released.
Himmykitty Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:40:52 AM(UTC)
Himmykitty

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I linked all my cartridges as soon as I turned on the Gypsy. I knew I was going to keep it BigGrin . I just love my "Marishka" ( G's name) and for those that maybe have a problem seeing small things, this 70 y.o. lady see's the screen just fine! BigGrin
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:51:44 AM(UTC)
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 57 post(s)
I loaded 1 cart, used it for a while, then loaded 3 -- used it for a while.
Then I loaded a lot of carts.
Then my G died.
I got what was a very common error message and had to send it back to the factory.
I want to add that I knew that some of the second wave of G's from HSN had quality control problems.

So, before I loaded a good number of my carts, I decided I would be, "in for a penny, in for a pound!"
IOW if I was going to be a Gypsy-girl, I was GOING to be a Gypsy girl and go through the pain..
I would have to trust that PC would have to stand by their warranty and give me another one with the same serial number so that I could reload my carts,
or
that they would fix the one I'd sent them.
It was tough but I decided to trust them.

The risk was that I would NOT be a Gypsy Girl and then it wouldn't matter if I'd already synced my carts -- I wouldn't own that Gypsy or any other Gypsy ...ever. Hopefully that make sense.

I got my G back from the factory last year - haven't had a single problem since then.
I love it!

happy scrappin'!
JaniceA Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:55:12 AM(UTC)
JaniceA

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 330 post(s)
I loaded all mine right away and haven't looked back. I don't plan on selling any carts or the gypsy because I am such a cart hog so I just loaded them.
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ Offline
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:56:18 AM(UTC)
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Oh! I didn't answer your question... I loaded my carts within the first week or so. If the unit is going to have problems and require a repair or return, the sooner you find out the better.
IMHO it's better to put it through it's paces so that you can exercise the warranty or your right to return it for a refund within the approved time periods.

Happy scrappin'!

MaryC Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:05:23 AM(UTC)
MaryC

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 84 post(s)
I forgot to mention that will all my carts linked, I find that I use more variety of carts than I did when I had to plan things out and get them plugged into my jukebox. I am so happy to have my gypsy to design with!
Chiddy Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:53:33 AM(UTC)
Chiddy

Was thanked: 153 time(s) in 78 post(s)
I loaded 42 cartridges within the first 2 days of having my Gypsy. Once I saw how fun it was to work with, I just couldn't stop! Besides that, I don't ever plan to sell or trade cartridges.
~AmyS~ Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:02:57 PM(UTC)
~AmyS~

Was thanked: 3186 time(s) in 1351 post(s)
As of today I have 65 carts.

I have had my G since March

I have only loaded 4 carts to the G.

I plan to keep the G and all carts forever, but something keeps me from going whole hog. So I only link them as I truly need them cut by the G.

IDK what is wrong with me.
jodie R Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 2:29:35 PM(UTC)
jodie R

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2875 time(s) in 1941 post(s)
I got mine and loaded them the first day!! I have never looked back and I LOVE my Gigi girl!! The updates they have given us have been amazing and I now have a hard time cutting something out if I don't my little G! Oh, I will warn you that they get very hungry! I had 24 carts when I got her and now I have 78. Scary!!
DakotaBear Offline
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 2:36:22 PM(UTC)
DakotaBear

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I got mine during the HSN launch last year and I loaded my carts as soon as it arrived. Now I load carts as soon as I buy them.
flywhistle Offline
#27 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 6:36:00 PM(UTC)
flywhistle

Was thanked: 1337 time(s) in 1070 post(s)
I got mine during the HSN launch last September -- when it came, I charged it, then made a cut or two with the cartridges that are pre-loaded. Once I was satisfied that it worked, I linked all my cartridges. After all, this is one of the primary reasons that I purchased the Gypsy! I also think it protects you from having your cartridges lifted at crops -- people can't walk off with your cart, or load them onto their own Gypsies while at the crop. If something is wrong with the Gypsy and you have to get a new one, ProvoCraft will re-serialize the new one for you so that you can link all your cartridges to the new one.

The only reason for not doing it is if you think you don't like the Gypsy and are not planning to keep it, and want to sell it or sell your cartridges. I don't plan to sell my cartridges, and I don't plan to sell the Gypsy. So, I'm linked, nice and tidy!
ScrapCat Offline
#28 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 7:49:25 PM(UTC)
ScrapCat

United States

Was thanked: 1113 time(s) in 716 post(s)
xcountrymom wrote:
I just bought my G yesterday (yea me!). I have already sinc'd and updated it and everything seems to be running fine so I cautiously linked 5 of my carts that I use less frequently just in case something went wrong. I was wondering how long you all waited to link all of your carts? Did you wait some or did you do it immediately?

That's so funny, did the exact same thing after bought my G today. Hey you are bolder than me! I only linked one!
Amyrod Offline
#29 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 8:34:48 AM(UTC)
Amyrod

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I purchased my Gypsy on Friday, and I linked all of my cartridges as of today.
GypsyD Offline
#30 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 9:28:21 AM(UTC)
GypsyD

Was thanked: 1204 time(s) in 820 post(s)
I dove right in and plugged them all in. I don't regret it for one second!