Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CarolS Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 10:58:09 PM(UTC)
CarolS

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Got the machine yesterday but have not set it up yet but will today and will start experimenting with it.

The one thing I read and noticed on the DVD that came with the machine that is different from all the other Cricuts is that with the other Cricuts you FIRST place your images on the machine and than hit cut whereas with the Imagine you do the reverse and hit the cut/print key first and than select the graphics you want on the screen than hit go.

Now I am curious about a couple things... 1) we are told that the Imagine is not compatible with Design Studio so since we can design and create DS and save as .cut files and we can convert the .cut files into .gypsy files one should be able to use these in the Imagine using the Gypsy; 2) as I recall we were told that we can use the Jukebox with the Imagine so for those who do not use DS or the Gypsy there should be no problem in hooking up to 3 Jukeboxes with cartridges to the Imagine and load our graphics on the mat to create with..... 3) the one question I do have is since we hit the print/cut button prior to loading our graphics does it show a button individually for print or cut somewhere on there if we want to do one or the other? In other words if I just want to cut an image and not print is there a separate button that will allow us to select it to just cut?

I also heard and saw on the DVD that they recommend we use at minimum 60 lb card stock in the machine to ensure good quality cuts and/or prints so with that being said anyone know what the highest "lb weight" we can use in the machine?
ScrappyJess Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:52:45 AM(UTC)
ScrappyJess

Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 117 post(s)
CarolS wrote:
Got the machine yesterday but have not set it up yet but will today and will start experimenting with it.

The one thing I read and noticed on the DVD that came with the machine that is different from all the other Cricuts is that with the other Cricuts you FIRST place your images on the machine and than hit cut whereas with the Imagine you do the reverse and hit the cut/print key first and than select the graphics you want on the screen than hit go.

well... kind of... On your Gypsy you choose yoour mat size. This screen is similar to that. You will choose (print/cut)(print only)(cut only) later after all of your images are on your mat. The start up screen just signifys that you want to design rather than adjust settings ect.

Now I am curious about a couple things... 1) we are told that the Imagine is not compatible with Design Studio so since we can design and create DS and save as .cut files and we can convert the .cut files into .gypsy files one should be able to use these in the Imagine using the Gypsy; Yes you should. I imagine that DS will not get the I upgrade so you would not be able to use your I carts or pattern/color. 2) as I recall we were told that we can use the Jukebox with the Imagine so for those who do not use DS or the Gypsy there should be no problem in hooking up to 3 Jukeboxes with cartridges to the Imagine and load our graphics on the mat to create with..... 3) the one question I do have is since we hit the print/cut button prior to loading our graphics does it show a button individually for print or cut somewhere on there if we want to do one or the other? In other words if I just want to cut an image and not print is there a separate button that will allow us to select it to just cut? Yes it is under settings

I also heard and saw on the DVD that they recommend we use at minimum 60 lb card stock in the machine to ensure good quality cuts and/or prints so with that being said anyone know what the highest "lb weight" we can use in the machine? What I heard when they did the "talk to the developers" is that any cardstock will work and even very thin chipboard. My personal rule of thumb has been anything pliable enough to bend enough to go through the rollers that will stick firmly to the mat.

Larkspur Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:46:30 AM(UTC)
Larkspur

United States

Was thanked: 2428 time(s) in 1698 post(s)
Ink question... Does it take a regular ink cartridge that can be found almost anywhere, or a special one that will be hard to find??Confused
SouthernGypsy Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 7:10:20 AM(UTC)
SouthernGypsy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2705 time(s) in 1108 post(s)
Larkspur wrote:
Ink question... Does it take a regular ink cartridge that can be found almost anywhere, or a special one that will be hard to find??Confused

It takes only ink made by HP and specifically for the Imagine, the ink carts will be sold wherever the Imagine is sold.
KacelliaPatrick Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 11:26:04 AM(UTC)
KacelliaPatrick

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

i want register my imagine but there is no place on the website to register it.... or am i missing it... some one please help...