Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

helenmayebradfordbfd5c233 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:47:55 PM(UTC)
helenmayebradfordbfd5c233

Groups: Registered

At work i am trying to make a poster/award for the kids and i have to write about a paragraph of info on it and am trying to use the cricut. We cut out the words in 1/2 size but it took hours to get all the letters cut out, lined up, glued down nicely. I am wanting to cut out words instead of the individual letters to speed up the process. Not sure which machine we have but we have the don juan font cartridge. Is there a way to cut out words instead of letters?
Maxluv Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 5:36:31 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 455 time(s) in 344 post(s)
If the cartridge you have doesnt have words, you would need to connect your machine to the computer and use the cricut craft room, there you and weld the letters so they become words. Unless you have a Gypsy.
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:24:52 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18452 time(s) in 8201 post(s)
Originally Posted by: helenmayebradfordbfd5c233 Go to Quoted Post
At work i am trying to make a poster/award for the kids and i have to write about a paragraph of info on it and am trying to use the cricut. We cut out the words in 1/2 size but it took hours to get all the letters cut out, lined up, glued down nicely. I am wanting to cut out words instead of the individual letters to speed up the process. Not sure which machine we have but we have the don juan font cartridge. Is there a way to cut out words instead of letters?

Aside from welding with one of the Cricut design programs {Cricut Craft Room~which is free, Design Studio or a Gypsy}, you could use vinyl instead of paper and then transfer the vinyl cut out letters, using transfer tape, directly from the cutting mat to your project {wall, bulletin board, door, wherever}. The transfer tape will hold the individual letters in place so the word or sentence can be moved as one. And the vinyl is adhesive, so no need to add glue.

Although I did weld the letters for this name tag project, since I was making 24 name tags, I used white vinyl and was able to move the names to the layered bases very quickly.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:26:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette attached the following image(s):
name tag.jpg
tracilark0958571a Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 8:13:28 PM(UTC)
tracilark0958571a

Scrapalette,

What cartridge did you do the name with? Do you know what cartridges have a "cursive" type font?
liamryderd50ac1325 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 11:52:20 PM(UTC)
liamryderd50ac1325

Awards are an effective way of motivating staff and rewarding those who have exceeded company expectations and providing employees with corporate gifts and awards with logo or specifications will promote company reputation.