Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<5354555657>»
Nancycs Offline
#1621 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 11:44:35 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good afternoon!

Pat did you get the last ornament finished today? I will have my family over on the 24th too. I will make a ham though. I haven't heard of Christmas scrabble. I would like that. I like scrabble though.

Rhonda did you get your wrapping done? I hope your job continues to go well.

Paula I just got my Christmas card idea too. I made about half of what I usually do. I was surprised I even got those done. I was sure mine wouldn't be handmade at all. I just have to print labels and get stamps. Did DS like the Hobbit? Riley wants to go too.

Lizzy I am glad you fever is gone. How are you feeling now? I hope much better!

I hope Carrie is doing OK after her surgery.

Laurie how are you doing?

Well I have a super long list and I just keep plugging away at it every spare moment.

Today I got most of the little ones gifts to their parents started. I just have the 2 school agers to do and the baby. I am not sure when I will do the school agers. THey may have time before we go outside. We will see. The baby will be done next week when Riley can help me since it involves paint and a pineconeBigGrin . I think they will be cute.

Tomorrow I will be taking my niece to the Nutcracker ballet. It is performed by a local dance school so it has young kids too. We will take her out to lunch too.
Sunday we have my nephews birthday party. Just one thing after another. Next weekend will be the same too.

It seems we are always doing something for Riley's trip too. That will be here soon.

Tonight I may go over to the Old Navy outlet since they are having 50% off everything and I have another coupon on top of that. I may not find anything but there were a few things I was interested in.

Well I am off to plug away at my list since the baby isn't here.

Have a great day everyone!
Nancycs Offline
#1622 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 4:45:45 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Pat I forgot to tell you we used some of the foam stockings you sent me. They used a paint/glue mixture to make the top white and then sprinkled glitter on that. We did it along with the ornaments for their parents in hopes that they might be able to keep the present a secret because they would still have a project to bring home. Of course it didn't work because the little ones all said where is my pinecone!! LOLRazz

Well I am just waiting for Rick and then we are on our way out the door to go to the outlet stores.

Have a great evening!
rm920 Offline
#1623 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 6:45:25 PM(UTC)
rm920

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Nancy, you seem to have been quite busy. But at least you have ideas/plans for the gifts for the children. Hope you get some great buys at ON!

Pat, I have done a little research, but not as much as I would like. I did find a death certificate for my second great grandmother. Very interesting and exciting. Hoping to get back to it after the holidays. And I found out that one of my co-workers is really into genealogy research as well! Hope we can bounce ideas off each other.

Carrie, hope you are recovering nicely. Sending positive thoughts your way!

Lizzy, how is the recovery coming along? Have you made your holiday plans yet?

Laurie, where have you been? Hope you can pop in soon.

Work is going good. I am beginning to settle in a bit, but still moving around to learn all aspects of the company so I can fill in when necessary. Can't wait until I will settle into what my real job will be. The lady I am replacing is hoping to really dropping her hours within the first few weeks of the new year. Then I will finally have my own office.

I couldn't believe what I saw on the news when I got home from work this evening. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families in Connecticut.

My friend and I head to Kansas City in the morning and will return Sunday evening. I am finished with all shopping except Amber's bday gift so will just enjoy the trip.
rm920 Offline
#1624 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 6:16:57 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning....

We got almost an inch of rain last night!!!!! We really needed that. We are over 12 inches of rain behind normal. Would gladly take some more, but thankful for what we got.

My friend will be here in about a half hour and we will head to Kansas City. Looking forward to a fun weekend. If anyone needs me to pick anything up for them, give me a callLOL LOL LOL

Have a great weekend everyone.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1625 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:17:50 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Good morning! I am doing really well. Didn't have much pain and didn't need any pain pills. It just took keeping very still and not lifting anything. Today I feel almost normal except for the drains that are attached to me. Can't wait to get rid of these next Thursday.

Today I am going to wash my hair. Boy will that feel good!
Then Jim said he would take me to j's to get cards so I can get moving on them.
Maybe I'll even get some presents wrapped.

I am really getting very tired of sitting still.

Looks like everyone is busy.

Nancy I am dying to see what the pine cone is for.
Lizzy Offline
#1626 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 6:36:39 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

I think I've caught up on all the posts. Today is the first day I've felt like I've returned to the world of the living and even then just barely. I still have a cough, but it isn't much at all. I've resorted to taking Nyquil and it's helping me not to cough at night.

I've not made much progress on anything and I'm really in a bad place because of it. I'm grouchy and down on myself and generally not very happy. The tree isn't decorated and the bonus room doesn't look very good and overall it's just terrible. My energy level is nonexistant and when I do go to do anything, I give out pretty quickly. I'm just annoyed and angry about having gotten sick; and angry and annoyed that it's the holidays.

OK...so I'm going to go back upstairs and see what more I can do in the bonus room before the day is over and then call it a day. In the meantime, everyone take care.

Carrie, I'm glad you are doing so well in your recovery.

Pat, you are getting everything ready for your family gathering.

Laurie, sign in.

Paula, you are making some cards.

Nancy, you are busy with the wee ones and making their gifts.

Hey, I know I can be thankful for some small things like the fact that I feel better and didn't get worse sick than I did. At least I didn't appear to get sick with bronchitis, and it seems like most of the shopping is done for now, and even though it will be a push to get it all finished up, it will get done, and we have lots of things to be thankful for. I need to stop complaining and stop and count the small blessings we do have.
imnchghere Offline
#1627 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 11:30:32 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening..
Nancy, so good to hear from you. Even though you have been very busy, sounds like things are going well. So glad you were able to utilize some of the goodies I had sent you. I still have the partial box I had started. Eventually I will get it sent off.

Rhonda, I hope you are enjoying a fun time in KC. And yea for the rain even though it is just a drop in the bucket for what you really need. I am pretty sure we are still down also, but nothing like your part of the country. I hope we don't make up for it with snow this season. Rain I can handle.
Awesome find on the death cert. And a co-worker to share genealogy talk with.

Carrie, so glad the surgery went well and you are recovering nicely. Be sure to take it easy and not overdo. Hope you are able to get your cards done and anything else.

Lizzy, this flu has sure taken a toll on you. You started this break with such high hopes of getting things done. There is still some time though and if you take it easy, you might get more done than you think you can.

Today Jim & I went shopping for the last few gifts. I have 3 still coming from Amazon, but they will be here by Tue. We also looked at dining room tables at 4 furniture stores. Oh and new sofas for the living room. Mainly to get some ideas of prices and what is out there. Jim was such a sport. We were actually gone for about 10 hrs. Ate lunch and dinner out and stopped by the house once to drop off perishable groceries and re-group. We were whipped, but I am through now. I finished all the ornaments and put them in the mail. They will arrive on Monday or Tuesday. Next week I am going to do some baking and whatever I can ahead for our gathering.

It is later than I thought it was. I had planned to be in bed much earlier. Busy day tomorrow wrapping gifts, and working on society paperwork. Jim will be helping on the paperwork, so it won't be so bad.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1628 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:08:33 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

Wow Pat! you had quite a shopping day yesterday. I like shopping for furniture (surprised?? haha) I hope you are finding some ideas that will work for you.
Great job, getting the ornaments!! That was a time consuming project!

Lizzy, sorry you are so frustrated not being able to get the things done you want. Remember, they are just things...get healthy and then do what you can. (they are not going anywhere, Confused )
I don't remember if I told you about our tree this year...LOL
Dh hangs the pieces of our tree from the rafters and I could only get the very top piece down so with DS's help I got that down and a box of ornaments last week. DS brought it upstairs and put the tree top on the tree stand. He got a big kick out of that and said we should use it for our tree. (he really doesn't like our fake tree and wants a real one every year) So we plugged it in and left it like that for when DH came home. He laughed and said he liked it. So I put it up on a small table with the tree skirt and there it sits. No ornaments or anything. hahahaha The only other decoration I have put out is the Nativity set.
So sometimes you just let to let some things go. Life goes on.
And your right, we have so many, many things to be thankful for. Every day I am thankful for a roof over my head, heat that keeps us warm, plenty of food to have what we not only need but want too, my family and friends and a body that can repair it's self even though I don't understand it. I can go on and on...

Yesterday I brought some food to a young lady from church that had twins a month ago. I was blessed to be able to hang out with them and hold those sweet, perfect little people. It made my heart smile all day. Wow, it's been a long time since I have been around babies. Sometimes it's hard to take that step and do something for someone you are not close to but she welcomed it and I found out she has very little help so I will be going back to help her out now and then.
Friday I took advantage of a chicken breast sale and made some freezer meals. My freezer has been bare (like Mother Hubbard's cupboard) and I have not been doing well for meals. So since I did that I had some to share. Today I was going to make twice baked potatoes to freeze but I haven't gotten started and we are going to The Hobbit this afternoon so it may be too late to start. hmmm...

Lizzy Offline
#1629 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:11:40 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Oh, my friends....you have brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for helping me to be kind and forgiving toward myself!

I did a bit more in the bonus room last night and then decided to let the rest of it go for now. So far today, I pulled out Christmas stuff: three large boxes, some table decorations, wrapping paper, and a few odds and ends. I redid the dining table with a holiday table runner and the centerpiece I always use (I do need new candlesticks, I think). I've decided to set up gift wrapping in the guest room with the card table this year to keep the mess behind a closed door. It's much smaller than the dining table, but much neater for the rest of the house. (Trade-off)

The part of decorating the tree I don't like is putting decorations on the backside of the tree but this year, there just may not be any! LOL Somewhere I read you really don't have to put any back there. This is the same tree we bought last year that is a fake three that is prelit. Terry got it all set up before he left last week.

I do need to rearrange some living room furniture and get it positioned, but that can be done whenever. I figure I'll work on the tree as I have energy.

I have my box of snowmen out, too, but I don't know how many I will put out. I think a few, but probably not all of them. This is my way of doing a bit, but now overwhelming myself!

I have to remind myself that the holiday is about the people, not the decorations. Both girls are coming in for a week and I want it to be a good time. They don't care if the house looks like something out of a decorator magazine! Ha! Ha! Like it ever did! LOL

Anyway, you know what I am saying and I needed to say what I did last night and get a bit of feedback.

Terry is on his last trip of the year - to Memphis! He will be back on Wednesday. I made a list of things to do while he is gone. Today, I should go to Kohl's because I have $30 of Kohl's cash to spend and I hate to let it go to waste. I can always buy coffee pods for the Keurig. I'd like to buy some toss pillows for the family room that are burgundy in color to add just a dash of different color....so far we have dark green, navy, and the tan sofas. I think the burgundy would be a nice pop of different color.

Paula, how nice for you to take food to the lady with the new babies! I'm sure she appreciated your gift. She probably also appreciated your company, too. I think sometimes that was the worse part of being a new mom...the isolation! If she doesn't have much support, she may feel isolated.

Pat, you and Jim did a MARATHON day! You deserve medals for that kind of day. Did you see anything you liked in terms of furniture? Can any of your stuff still work, too? I like blending the old and new.

Rhonda, it would be nice if you and your new co-worker can get together to do research...or bounce ideas around together! Great idea. Speaking of, how was your trip to Kansas City? Did you buy anything cool and exciting?

Well, I'm going to get moving here and see what I can get done today. I'll check back in later.
rm920 Offline
#1630 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 6:07:21 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Lizzy, so glad to hear you are beginning to feel much better. Just be careful not to overdo it to quickly. You said it perfectly - the house doesn't have to be from a magazine, the season is about time with friends and family. Hope you find some great bargins at Kohl's with your Kohl's cash!

Carrie, glad your recovery is going so well. Please continue to take it slowly as well. Did DH take you to get the cards? Have fun with the gift wrapping.

Pat, WOW, 10 hours shopping. Jim is such a trooper. Hope you found lots of good ideas. Furniture shopping is so much fun, especially when you actually might be purchasing some soon.

Paula, how was the show? I know the new mother really appreciated your visit as well as the food. Being a new mother with 2 babies would make taking time to cook good meals somewhat difficult. Loved the story about the "tree".

Nancy, hope you have caught up and are taking time to relax and enjoy the season. I know Riley is probably getting really excited about his upcoming trip. Would love to see the pine cone project.

The shopping trip went very well. We shopped all day Saturday, did get a few items. I did get myself a new Keurig. They were on sale at Kohls and I was able to use a 30% coupon so I think I got a good deal. Merry Christmas to me! Then on the way home Sunday, stopped at a friend and saw her home remodeling project. She is so excited and it is coming along nicely. I am now going to concentrate on wrapping the last couple of Christmas gifts and maybe try to make a few holiday treats for our Christmas get together on the 24th.

Better get ready for work. Hope everyone has a great day.

Oh my - just heard on the news that 2 police officers were killed in the line of duty yesterday in Topeka. Just seems like the bad news just keeps coming.
Lizzy Offline
#1631 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 8:20:03 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good morning, friends! Ruby and I are up early to get her breakfast!

Yesterday, I did go out to Kohl's and that was where I realized how little I am able to do before I am wiped out. Just shopping there did me in. And, I didn't shop that much or for that long. By the time I left the store, I was coughing almost nonstop, shaking, and felt dizzy. Fortunately, after sitting in the car a few minutes, I regained my balance and senses and was able to get back home.

Rhonda, so glad you got yourself a Keurig! I think you will enjoy it, I know I enjoy mine so much. I do watch for the % off coupons and get my K-cups at Kohl's then. They are usually always on sale, so by adding the coupons, I get a pretty good deal. Yesterday, I bought three boxes to stock up for the holidays.

Well, have the usual stuff on the agenda for the day: bonus room, holiday decorations...I'll sign in later to report. Everyone take it easy.
Nancycs Offline
#1632 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 1:09:11 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!

Rhonda glad your shopping trip went well. I have hear that coffee is a bit strong for some people. It is nice that they now have the filters so you can make your won for those people. I hope you enjoy it!

Carrie I am so glad you are doing well. Did you get your gifts wrapped and cards started?

Lizzy I glad you are on the mend but it sounds like you are not completely there. I always hate to waste my kohl's cash too. I usually manage to get in to use mine.

Pat you really had a long day. Rick is good about that stuff too. Not all men are so we are lucky! Do you think you know what you will be getting for new furniture or are you still undecided?

Paula I agree with letting some things go. I have had to do that this year. We had a good chicken sale here too. I now have chicken stocked in my freezer again.

I did find some great deals at ON. We got $350 worth of clothes for $88. 50% off and then the $15 off of every $50. There was also an extra 30% off clearance. They took the 15 off of the total before the 50% off so that coupon saved us $105. Everything worked out to be anywhere from .63 to about $6. Boy did I have fun!!

I will post a pic of the pinecone ornaments when I am done with one.

Riley was on the local news last night for his trip to Cambodia. They didn't post the video on the stations website though. Just the script. He didn't say too much though. I feel like we have a lot to do for that. He needs to get in for a booster, spray his clothes with repellant made for clothes, pack, make sure batteries are charged, memory cards emptied, buy some Muskol since mosquitoes love him, get prescriptions.......so much to do so little time! BigGrin

Baby needs me! Have a great day!
Lizzy Offline
#1633 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 7:24:46 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good evening, friends. I absolutely cannot believe how early it gets dark. We are not at the western border of this time zone so it gets dark pretty early, especially as we draw close to the winter solstice. I guess I'll be glad when the daylight starts to lengthen.

I saw my therapist today and she said that there is a pretty virulent flu making the rounds and perhaps I got that and I need to listen to my body, etc. So, I am listening and taking care. I may just see what I feel like doing tomorrow and deal with it then.

I do have a hairapy appointment on Wednesday so that will be nice. My hair is incredibly long and very, very gray. I know you cannot believe that...given my youth...but it's true!

When does Riley leave for Cambodia, Nancy? I'm sure you are feeling a certain amount of pressure to get things done for him. Whew! I do not envy your "to do" list right now.

I need to do some paperwork tonight, and then decide if I'm going to work upstairs or on the Christmas tree. I think I'll allow myself about 30 minute intervals, then rest, then work more. It sounds do-able.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Everyone take care.
imnchghere Offline
#1634 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 9:23:57 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening all.. Long day here and not as much done as I had hoped. Didn't get any baking started. I messed with the furniture in the LR and while I am not happy, it is all I can do. There is just too much in there and I am stuck with it for the time being. The pieces we looked at Sat were more traditional style and not the over stuffed country we currently have, which is overwhelming. Not near the seating we need when the family is all here. I am trying to be thankful for what we have, but I am just frustrated right now. The room is just too busy.

Nancy, you did really well at ON. Our closest store is the next town, which in this area is not a big deal, but it is not convenient and dense traffic. They do have great sales though.
Jim really was a big help on the shopping. He keeps me focused. We really didn't shop the whole 10 hrs. That was how long we were gone, but it included lunch and dinner at sit down restaurants and a stop by the house to unload and put away some groceries. But it was still a LOT of shopping.

Lizzy, glad you made it back home from Kohl's without incident. Are you keeping yourself hydrated?

Rhonda, glad you had a fun time with your friend. Jim also has a Keurig and he loves it. Since I don't drink coffee, it works perfect for the one cup at a time for him. We get the cups at Costco and at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a 20% cpn.

Well, I need to get to bed, so I can get up early and get started baking. Shortbread to start and then pumpkin gingerbread mini bundt cakes. Then if I am lucky I can get the Russian tea cookies.

rm920 Offline
#1635 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:35:48 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning....

Nancy, you really had some great luck at ON! Always fun when we have coupons and sales at the same time. I know you will get everything done before Riley's trip, but that sure is a long list BigGrin

Carrie, how are you feeling? Hope everything is healing nicely.

Pat, even with 2 meals during the day, you did get a lot of shopping done. I can understand about too much furniture. This summer when I painted, I got rid of lots of stuff from the living room and it looks so much more open and relaxing now. Hope you can get to your baking today. I am hoping to get some baking done for Monday as well.

Paula, loved the pic of you with the baby. She is so cute! And I know her mother really appreciated your visit and the food.

Lizzy, sounds like you are still not over that nasty bug. Do take it easy. What gets done, gets done. It is more important to enjoy the holiday than over do yourself. Enjoy hairapy!

I used the Keurig this morning and love it. I did get the basket so I can make the coffee to my taste but I used a pod this morning. I also hope to use my coupons and Kohls cash on more pods.

Going to have dinner with a friend tonight, then want to wrap the last few gifts I picked up over the weekend.

Enjoy the day!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1636 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:56:27 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning. I can't find the post I did yesterday. Hmm...

Nancy I have never heard of ON. What is it? When does Riley leave? Do you have a swing or something similar available for baby?

Pat seating for everyone is not necessary. Some of the younger ones can curl up on the floor. The kids will be running around. It will all work out, you'll will all be together.

Rhonda I use the Keurig every morning and sometimes again in the evening. There is a website, coffeeforless.com, and they have coupons available. Pat's BB&B tip is good too. Jim uses the basket but the coffee seems weaker to me that with the K-cups. How was dinner last night?

Lizzy your energy will slowly come back. Just keep plugging along and you find yourself back to normal in no time. Hairapy is always good. I have that tomorrow too.

Washing my hair is the hardest thing. I can't take showers because of the drains. I can't lift my hands above my head and I am not allowed to lift more than 2-3 pounds. Yea, right? Jim took me shopping the other day and all of a sudden I was done. Worn out! Exhausted! Me? But I did get cards started but they are too much. Maybe I can get a few more done today.

Yesterday I tried to go out shopping by myself. Then I came home and slept for 2hours.

Today I have a luncheon for the golf ladies and a tennis one too. I need to figure out which one I am going to.
I need to get the office books balanced.
My deco mesh cleaned up.
Cards made
Thank you card done
All the medicine bottles from drugs I didn't take put away.
Figure out how to get the wrinkles out of the shirt I am going to wear cause I can't lift the iron. Confused
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1637 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:08:02 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!! :)

I finished my few Christmas cards last night. Today I need to get them mailed.

Rhonda, I did get your card, very nice. I really like the way the panels on the front are on opposite sides. Cool! I will scraplift that for some cards.
Nice to treat yourself to a coffee maker. Hope it doesn't shoot out the sides like mine. Blushing Mine has done that a few more times. DH thinks it'f from a rubber gasket that is by the spike things. Who knows?
That pic of me with one of the twins surprised me. I didn't think about her posting it. It really warmed my heart being with the babies that day.

Nancy, my SIL has one that has the cup size choice. I would run it through twice on the small cup size and it would fill a mug and not be quite so strong.

Lizzy, I hope you continue to feel better. Take it easy!!

Nancy, I enjoyed seeing the video about the group going to Cambodia. Very interesting. It is so great to see the difference one person can make when they follow their heart. What a great experience Riley will have!
You got some really good deals at ON!!! Great job!! Love those extra good deals.

I have been typing forever, Rhonda posted and now I see Carrie is here...
Carrie!!! It looks like you have to take your own advice and take it slow!!! Little at a time! Wish I was there, I would wash your hair and help with cards. Love I am glad things are going well for you. Those drains are such a pain!! I remember going to my niece's wedding with a drain bag...ugh! It will be gone soon. Don't overdo it, you body needs to have energy to heal.

Ok, I don't even know what I commented on and what I didn't but I need to run. DS will help today so we are starting a bit later.

Enjoy your day, count your blessings!!!! =D
Oh, when Nancy was talking about ON, it is Old Navy. :)

Nancycs Offline
#1638 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:45:22 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Lizzy it sounds like you have a plan for not overdoing it. It seems to get dark here when are going outside. It is almost dark when all the kids leave. Makes it hard to stay outside. Riley leaves on Dec. 29th. It is coming too soon.

Pat I hope your baking is going well today!

Rhonda glad you liked your Keurig! We drink way too much coffee for one of those! We have 3 coffee drinkers here. Enjoy dinner out!

Carrie I imagine that even though you feel fine it takes a lot out of you as your body heals itself. ON is just Old Navy. Riley leaves on Dec. 29th. I do have a swing for the baby but he enjoys the exersaucer much more than that. He is getting easier.

Paula I am hoping to get my cards in the mail tomorrow. Smile Did you watch the video from the link on the news story? I haven't actually watched that one.

I have been plugging away at my list. I have gotten most of our gifts wrapped (Sunday), play-dough made as an extra gift to the little ones, printed my address labels, registered for a college course...speaking of that did I tell you I am going back to school? Well it is just for 3 classes. I was only 3 classes shy of another associates degree in Child, Youth and Family Studies so I decided to do it!

Have a great day everyone!

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1639 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:45:41 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

If anyone wants to take a peek at some sweet babies, here is the photographer that has the pics of the twins posted:

https://www.facebook.com/JosephineyPhotography

Edited by user Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:49:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lizzy Offline
#1640 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:43:17 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends! Well, it's been a good day despite sleeping very late and dealing with a runny nose all day. I got the tree decorated...make sure you go to my timeline on FB and check it out. I cannot even begin to tell you have incredibly relieved I am to have that done! I started show with a plan to work on small pieces at a time and ended up just getting it all done. WHEW!

Yesterday, I got all the bills paid for the rest of the month, unless a few stray ones come in although I don't know for sure what they would be.

I still have some schoolwork to do, but I figure I can do that eventually. I don't have to have all that done until January 4 or 5.

I have some laundry to do tonight before my housekeeper comes tomorrow, so I need to get to that yet tonight. I had checked on the laundry earlier, but the first load still wasn't dry so I redid the dryer and then forgot about it. Hmmm...

Carrie, I'm following your advice...just doing what I can. I did take a Nyquil capsule last night and slept like a rock quite late today. I got up before 6, fed the dog, and then slept another four or more hours. It was great. I still think sleep is my best bet on everything here. Don't know for sure why my nose is so runny, but as long as it's not nasty, I'm good.

And, Carrie, don't forget to follow your own advice!! LOL

Speaking of furniture Pat, I am loving the new stuff in our family room. It's just a sofa with a chaise and two side chairs, side-by-side. We don't even have a coffee table anymore. We have a small table between the two side chairs and a side table at one end of the sofa. The lamps are all floor lamps now. It's very simple. The living room actually needs more because it is so large, but I'm not buying anything else for that room. If I buy anything, it would be for the dining room....a buffet or a china cabinet. But, I'd have to find just the right piece for a good deal.

I think my next move is to plan some meals for the holidays. We usually eat out on Christmas Eve but I need to plan for something for Christmas Day. In the past, I've served lasagne...but I need to think about that I think everyone would like that doesn't require lots of kitchen time that day. We usually have a huge brunch and I'd like the rest of the food to be less intense. Hmmmm.....I'd also like some crock pot meals, perhaps, and some family favorites, too.

Well, tomorrow is hairapy and if I get around early enough, I may go to Target first and then on to hairapy. I'll have to see how it all goes. I know I won't be sleeping late since my housekeeper is coming. Oh well...it was sure nice today!

OK, friends, I'm signing off for tonight. I'll talk to everyone tomorrow.

imnchghere Offline
#1641 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:34:07 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning... Slow getting going here. It is not that I have so much to do, I just want to get it done.
Lizzy, I loved seeing your tree on FB. And it seems that all things considered, you had a pretty good day yesterday. Hairapy should make you feel better today also.
I also liked your *furniture* comments here. They gave me more food for thought on what I am striving for. When we visited model homes last month, we saw a lot of good ideas for better utilizing space, both in furniture style and placement. And the designer ladies who came to the house also shared some good insights.

Carrie, how did your day go yesterday? Like Lizzy said "heed your own advice". I see you also have hairapy.

Today I am finishing up gift wrapping and baking. I put the ficus trees and the box/bags out for p/u. Will be so glad to see those gone. I have already scheduled another p/u for later in January.
Hello, to everyone else.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1642 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:58:19 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good evening.

Well yesterday was a wash. Nothing got done. My left drain became very sore and painful. And just it just wouldn't let up all day even though I sat here and did office stuff. I was very still and bawling my eyes out by the time Jim got home. He called my doctor and talked him into pulling the drains out. So Jim pulled them out late last night much to my relief.

Then this morning the cable company came to fix the tv as the cable kept stalling out. He arrived before 8 AM so I had to be up and ready. While he was working I wrapped most of the Christmas presents. Then went to hairapy.

This afternoon I completed about 20 cards and they will all go postal tomorrow in return of those I have received. Any more that come, will have to go with Hallmark cards that I am picking up tomorrow before I see my doctor tomorrow afternoon.

Nancy I don't shop at Old Navy, I guess that's why I didn't know the lingo. They are on the American Family's Naughty list and so I boycot all those stores.

Lizzy love the tree. You did good. Are you taking Vitamin C?

Pat, I am being good except when I forget and push myself up with my hands. That is a no-no and I can't seem to get it through my brain to not do that. I need to do some baking, gluten free of course, so I am searching for good ideas.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1643 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:30:55 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!!

Busy day here. Started early and did an extra clean for monster house. She is going to have a full house for the holidays so I cleaned their basement and way upstairs. I think I have only done those once or twice. It was a job!! Then I went to see the twins. :) My sister wanted to go so we went together and the mom ran errands while we rocked babies, wrapped gifts and did some cleaning. Oh, my sister also got in a couple tea parties with their two year old. (I thought she was 3 but today she said she is 2)
That is a lot of bending over, my back hurts tonight.

Carrie, it sounds like you are doing way too much. How handy having a hubby that will take out your drains, hehe. It's hard to remember not to do things that just come natural. When Dh was home just a short time we went to DS's concert. DH clapped before he realized just how much pain that could cause. Who would think...
Did the TV get fixed?
I have not heard of the America Families Naughty List, hmmm...

Lizzy, how are you feeling today??

Laurie, where are you hiding??

Nancy, I did watch the video. I liked the story of the guy who started the whole thing.

Rhonda, what are you up to?

Pat, I saw your cookies, looks like you were busy!! And the snowman is so cute!!

Oh, I did get a few cards in the mail today. Not as many as I hoped.

Lizzy Offline
#1644 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:08:06 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends.....my puppy is driving me nuts so I may have to cut this short. She is whining for something...food, attention...who knows what. Well, maybe she is cold and tired. I will say, she is one big, spoiled baby! I blame it on my husband!!

I went to hairapy today and now I have a thin layer of what my hairdresser calls "wispy bangs." I think I will like them. Now that I have finally grown my hair out to one length, I am not as enamored with it as I thought I would be. All I ever do with it is pull back the side and clip it because I cannot stand for it to be in my eyes. So, she suggested she cut light bangs so I won't have it in my eyes. I'll see how it does tomorrow when I have to style it myself! LOL That's always the "acid test."

Carrie, do explain the Naughty family list, please. What do they do that is naughty? I hope Target isn't on that list. I'm doomed if it is.

First of all, I believe I have rejoined the nearly fully recovered. I'm doing really well although I do have a bit of a cough and a bit of a stuffy nose. Otherwise, I am feeling energetic and not too woozy. Occasionally, I am woozy, but not too much. Yes, Carrie, I'm staying well-hydrated and doing the Vitamin C.

After hairapy today, Terry and I went out to lunch and then we went to Target to get ONE item. $200+ later and a cart FULL of stuff, we checked out. I got the ONE item plus an item for Sarah and more items for both girls, plus some DVD's, a Disney princess for Kaitlyn, and groceries, and who knows what else! It was ridiculous! But, at least that is done. I'm about ready to start wrapping gifts. I may try to do that beginning tomorrow.

Yes, Laurie, where are you? We're going to start levying a fine on you if you don't start reporting in!

Speaking of the cable company, I HATE our cable company so much! We have been a prisoner of this cable company for twenty years. Oh yes, we could have gotten a satellite, but Terry did not want to do that. So, they have had a monopoly on our community. We have been patient and lived with their service. Truthfully, until the past couple of years, it has been acceptable. However, the last about two years, it has been terrible. They changed their equipment here in the house, and it's been awful. Now, it's even worse, but we got something in the mail that said it was being updated. Well, we just found out that we can get the ATT U-Verse and I so want Terry to check on it. I want him to do it because he is the one who has the issues with the internet service and it has to be a certain level (for work) and so I want him to be the one doing the discussion, etc. It will take him forever to talk to them, so I am being patient.

Well, I've nothing much else to say....so everyone take care. I'll check in tomorrow. In the meantime, take care. Carrie, stop doing so much! Laurie, start checking in. Paula, take it easy with those babies.....next thing we'll hear is how you accidentally took one of them home with you! Nancy, hang in there, I think you get a vacation pretty soon, don't you? Pat, take it easy, your celebration day is almost here! Rhonda, how much time do you get off next week?
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1645 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:29:47 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning!! Yes I slept like a baby. LOL

No worries. I am behaving and healing just fine. And today I should get the Marionette sutures out. They are itchy so that will be good. And the best part: (drum roll) I get to take a shower this morning.

Lizzy the tv/cable is fixed. New box and new connections work wonders. Hope you get your cable fixed. I'll explain the Naughty Nice list below.

Paula aren't the babies just precious. I certainly understand why you need to get that baby-fix every now and then. Some days i would just love to borrow one for a couple hours, or maybe minutes...

AFA Naughty Nice List: http://action.afa.net/item.aspx?id=2147486887 AFA reviewed up to four areas to determine if a company was "Christmas-friendly" in their advertising: print media (newspaper inserts), broadcast media (radio/television), website and/or personal visits to the store. If a company's ad has references to items associated with Christmas (trees, wreaths, lights, etc.), it was considered as an attempt to reach "Christmas" shoppers.

If a company has items associated with Christmas, but did not use the word "Christmas," then the company is considered as censoring "Christmas."

Old Navy and Gap are the worst. The AFA is calling on a complete ban on those 2 stores. Lizzy Target is on the nice list. BigGrin
rm920 Offline
#1646 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:26:49 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning for the snowy, blizzard covered Midwest! Wow, we go from sunny and warm to blizzard conditions. Schools are closed all around and several power outages. I am still warm and have lights, so thankful for that.

Carrie, I had not heard of that list. I did not shop at ON or Gap, so I guess I was good. Glad to hear you are continuing to improve. I'll bet the shower felt so good this morning.

Paula, the babies and their sister are all so very cute. The photographer is really good.

Nancy, going back to school!!! Awesome! Hope you are getting caught up and ready for the holidays. Not to mention having to get everything ready for DS's big trip. How much time will you have off for the holidays?

Lizzy, isn't that crazy when we go to pick up one item and end up with a cart full! But now you are done and can concentrate on wrapping etc. Congrats on hairapy. Hope you like the new cut. Give Ruby a big hug from me.

Pat, the cookies looked very yummy. I am hoping to get some baking done this weekend.

I will only have Monday and Tuesday off next week. The grands, Wade and Mel will be here on Monday afternoon, then we all will go to candlelight church service. Tuesday will be quiet here. I have all the shopping for gifts and wrapping finished. Still need to get to the grocery store. May do it tonight if the roads are not too bad. Otherwise will go tomorrow night.

imnchghere Offline
#1647 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:03:05 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning !!!! Much better start this morning. laundry going, gift wrap station tidy and working. I am not going to do any baking today and will concentrate only on getting all the gifts wrapped or into gift bags. I will then put all of those supplies put away. I do need to call my Mom today and thank her for the floral arrangement she sent.

Lizzy, I am glad you are feeling closer to 100%. Take it easy still though, so you don't have a relapse. And I hope the new bangs work for you. Hair in my eyes, makes me crazy. Because my hair is so thick, my hairdresser always thins it in the front.
Jim & I went to Target last night. I was surprised it wasn't too bad. I managed to get everything I went in for and it all fit in one reusable shopping bag.

Carrie, I know that shower felt good after a good night's sleep. Have you found any gluten free treats to bake up? I founds some crackers at Costco that Jim & love. Mary's Gone Crackers. Thinner than a cracker, but thicker than chips. Great with soup and dipped in salsa.

Rhonda, I heard about the blizzard. That is a lot of snow all of a sudden. We are going to have rain off and on for the next few days and colder temps, but so far nothing really bad.

Paula, I forgot to look at the baby pics. I will do that. I am sure the Mom is appreciated the breaks she is getting. Sometimes I wish my grands were still babies, but it goes away quickly.

Well, the washer went off, so I going to get busy. Going to spend an hour on wrapping and hopefully that will be the end of it. If not, I am going to stop and make peppermint bark and a pot of tomato soup for dinner. We have some shrimp that has to be eaten, so dinner is under control.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1648 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:41:26 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

It's been raining here most of the night and the creek is high. So glad it's not snow. That big storm is supposed to be heading this way. High winds and snow, well, that mess that Rhonda has. I should get dressed and get some groceries. I am going to go to the bank too. The twin's mom wants to make a teacher's gift and needed some Cricut cuts so I will bring those to her this afternoon. I am not doing my Thur. house today because they are leaving for Africa Sat. so I will clean while they are gone.

So Rhonda, did you go to work or stay home? It's nice that you get Monday off too.

I can't seem to get this posted...

Pat, it sounds like you are off to a good start today.

Carrie, and Lizzy, glad you are both on the mend.

Nancy, good for you taking those classes!
That trip is coming up so fast!! How long will he be gone? How very exciting!!
Lizzy Offline
#1649 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:12:57 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good morning, friends!

I forgot to comment on your going back to school, Nancy. It sounds good, but you will be even more busy. I trust the baby will cooperate with you! It's good he is settling down and the next semester should be a good transition period for him. The next week+ will fly past for you with Christmas and then seeing Riley off for his trip! Bon voyage to him!!

SNOW! Brrrr!! Wow! I haven't looked to see how many areas got the snow, but Sarah is flying in today and it will be interesting to see if her flight is affected by this weather or not. I think she might have a direct flight from Houston, so perhaps not. We have cold temperatures...right now it is still just 40* outside on the patio thermometer. Brrrrr!

Rhonda, it sounds like you will have a very nice Christmas Eve with your family. I'm glad! A quiet Christmas Day...but you will probably be tired from the lateness of the evening before.

Ahhh....a real shower, Carrie! I bet that felt like heaven. You must feel like a new woman at this point!!

I have not heard of the naughty/nice list. Thanks for explaining it to us and posting the link as well. I went and checked out the list, too.

Well, I'm not too sure what I am doing today other than picking Sarah up from the airport. I need to get gas in my car for the trip to LAX, too. Otherwise....hmmmmm....nothing too big, quite honestly. Taking it easy. I'm not going to worry about wrapping this morning. I do need to put the gifts I bought yesterday into the different bags for the girls. Then, I will be ready to wrap. I also want to find the card table and see if I can set up a wrapping station in the guest room. I could always set one up in the bonus room! That would make sense, although that means dragging stuff IN THERE rather than taking stuff out! YIKES!

Well, I'm going to go now and contemplate the ironies of life for now. Everyone take care.
Nancycs Offline
#1650 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 12:50:35 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good snowy afternoon!

We are in a blizzard warning here. Blowing snow is making it difficult to travel. I wonder if it is the same one that Rhonda has. Ours (warning that is) will end at midnight. WHen will yours end Rhonda? I only have 5 little ones today.

Carrie I had not heard of that list. Interesting to see. I never noticed those things before. I bet you enjoyed your shower! It can make you feel so good!

Pat I hope you finished your wrapping! I ordered a last minute gift and that will be here today so I have another one to do.

Lizzy I am glad you are feeling better. This flu really took a lot out of you. HOw did do you like your bangs today?

Paula I hope you don't get this blizzard too! Riley will be gone for about 17 days.

Rhonda did you stay home today or did you travel in this weather? I am getting caught up for the holidays. I actually got my cards out today!! It is mostly food stuff now. I will have Monday through Wednesday off. It will be good so we can get Riley's things packed on Wednesday. I just read you may go to the store if the roads aren't too bad so I take that as you must have stayed home. Drive safe if you go out.

Well not a lot new here, just staying busy with the holidays. I almost forgot to take a picture of the pinecone ornaments and most of them are wrapped. I better go do that!