Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

S KeelinMeade Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 10:39:56 AM(UTC)
S KeelinMeade

Groups: Registered

UPS lady was very nice. Was here at 11:00am! (lucky it was her, if it was 'the guy' he'd be here at 6:59pm!)

So, unboxed, unwrapped, did the update, calibration (a little OCD over number 14, 15, 16 they all looked good - letter M N O P all looked good, too. It didn't take very long. I'm very particular with this with my huge format photo printers, but i did waver a bit on which to pick) - So, inserted for a practice print and cut - AND!

- it makes a lot of noise! I looked down at it (yes, it's on the floor - i'm a floor person first of all, second, i weight barely 100 (a bit under actually) so until someone comes over to move it on up, it's on the floor with all my other heavy toys) - the paper had slid sideways, what printed was beautiful, what was cutting was all over the place. My first thought: How do you stop it??? Can i stop it???

(this from someone who is not even very familiar with any cricut :-(

I was surprised in the troubleshooting section it wasn't listed there, it must happen! Especially since I've read these mats aren't that sticky (they ARE *stinky* however!) - at first I wasn't sure what smelled so bad :-)

Anyway, looks good - but will look for threads on how to improve the stickiness.................

Also: Monday seems to be a Big Delivery day for a lot of people.

And I'm SO sorry for those who got BackOrdered, even though they ordered early. If any of you live near me, I'd let you borrow mine! Really!

thanks,

cyndi Lou
rhondah* Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 10:54:56 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 12382 time(s) in 8261 post(s)
Glad your Imagine made it home. Be sure to post some pics when you start creating.BigGrin
ScrappyJess Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 10:58:22 AM(UTC)
ScrappyJess

Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 117 post(s)
Yes you can stop it... look to your right... there are 3 buttons one looks like the stop button on the vcr and the other looks like the play button (they both work how you would think)
 2 users thanked ScrappyJess for this useful post.
SimplySarah on 9/20/2010(UTC), scrapncathy on 9/20/2010(UTC)
BugginAway Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 11:07:49 AM(UTC)
BugginAway

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Oh congrats on getting your new toy! My tracking says is it out for delivery and I'm sitting here with my blinds open in the office waiting on the big brown truck to turn in my culdesac. I can usually here it because its so loud and our neighborhood is so quiet! LOL! Was hoping it would get here long before dh and dinner time where I could play some but I don't think its gonna make it where I can play today! :( Got lots planned for the afternoon with family. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and something to look forward to!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 11:18:15 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 952 post(s)
Congrats on your new toy
KellBell72 Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 11:25:10 AM(UTC)
KellBell72

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Mine is here too! It's updating as we speak. I just am having an issue getting the ink cartridges in which I attempted before I updated...so will try again when the update is complete....so far so good though. It IS heavy!
S KeelinMeade Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 12:46:25 PM(UTC)
S KeelinMeade

Actually i'm not *technically* supposed to have it before Christmas! haha......... BUT since some folks had problems with calibrating, some cartridge cases damaged, items missisng - well, I felt it my DUTY to open and inspect everything - and then make sure it would calibrate - and the ink was 'okay' and and and..................

da da! - Christmas is here! (i could have waited until Sept. 25th to make it only 3 months too soon) but.....................

I like the woman we have for UPS - I have some neighbors that get packages *every day* - so she comes early just for us :-)

However, some days we get 'the man' - and he delivers at the end of the day. Sometimes after 7. He lives a street away and stops in for a quick bite or something - i told him if he kept doing that, I was going over there and get my stuff! - and if he came early I'd give him a snack. LOL

It was hard staying patient - it had a scheduled delivery date of the 16th, 17th, then finally the 20th! but i do feel *grateful* that i got one! I feel SO bad for the others. I don't know if we will ever hear the 'whole truth and nothing but the truth' - about how many HSN had, or the selection of who got what when (did online get before phone calls? etc.) - but hope PC speeds up production and HSN gets them back SOON. I'm sure it's going to be a big Black Friday special as well.

So, i don't think it is wise to let the Imagine sit with the ink in it (wouldn't want that to dry up!) - so under the tree has to be some new carts and paper! - and INK!

I have so many printers to 'support' I feel like i should get 'ink stamps' to feed them!

Since i'm new at this, my projects are going to be quite simple I'm sure. I'll keep my expectations low, and hopefully be pleasantly surprised as I use it!

thanks,

Cyndi Lou