Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
Mercy Offline
#151 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:32:53 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeborahMeyer1 Go to Quoted Post
That didn't work either. It says Gypsy content is full

Exit out of sync. On the G's Welcome Screen, click the wrench and give us the two part build of the G which is located in the lower left corner.
DeborahMeyer1 Offline
#152 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:39:48 PM(UTC)
DeborahMeyer1

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Tried and didn't work.

I've now completely deleted Cricut Sync from my computer and emptied trash. Where do I go to get the newest Cricut Sync to download. Trying to see if that is the problem.
Mercy Offline
#153 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:42:48 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Tried and didn't work.

I've now completely deleted Cricut Sync from my computer and emptied trash. Where do I go to get the newest Cricut Sync to download. Trying to see if that is the problem.

http://www.cricut.com/cricutsync/
DeborahMeyer1 Offline
#154 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:45:45 PM(UTC)
DeborahMeyer1

Gypsy Version 1.4
0227-0234
DeborahMeyer1 Offline
#155 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:53:23 PM(UTC)
DeborahMeyer1

I've done everything ....some things a dozen times or more.
Mercy Offline
#156 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:55:22 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Gypsy Version 1.4
0227-0234

Okay, you have everything except the February's HT and the Mini update.

Are you able to get back to the project window pane?
DeborahMeyer1 Offline
#157 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:59:09 PM(UTC)
DeborahMeyer1

Right now no....it keeps booting me and giving me the error message "The Cricut Bridge application has unexpectedly quit" I willl keep trying and post here when I get it to come up, unless you have another suggestion
Mercy Offline
#158 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:04:29 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Right now no....it keeps booting me and giving me the error message "The Cricut Bridge application has unexpectedly quit" I willl keep trying and post here when I get it to come up, unless you have another suggestion

Each time you get the error, disconnect the cable from the top of the G, restart the computer, re-connect the G and reopen C Sync. Yes, let us know the outcome.
DeborahMeyer1 Offline
#159 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:20:32 PM(UTC)
DeborahMeyer1

Doing it exactly how you are saying.....over and over again....now I can't get it to stay up at all on the Project screen. So it seems it is getting worse.
DeborahMeyer1 Offline
#160 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:37:23 PM(UTC)
DeborahMeyer1

Just installed Cricut Sync on my laptop and tried that way. Still the same results.
Mercy Offline
#161 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:53:17 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Just installed Cricut Sync on my laptop and tried that way. Still the same results.

What antivirus are you running?
DeborahMeyer1 Offline
#162 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:57:41 PM(UTC)
DeborahMeyer1

Not sure. Whatever, if anything, came pre-installed on the iMAC and MacBook Pro
Mercy Offline
#163 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:03:17 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Not sure. Whatever, if anything, came pre-installed on the iMAC and MacBook Pro

Ok, you have a mac as that does not apply. I sent an email to pc so they know of this issue.

Do you know which procesor do you have in your mac?
DeborahMeyer1 Offline
#164 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:08:28 PM(UTC)
DeborahMeyer1

MAC OS X
Version 10.5.8
Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

So should I just check back in tomorrow and the following days or will someone contact me via email?

Thank you so much for helping me. As I said, with 170 cartridges I would certainly hate to have to go back to factory settings.
Mercy Offline
#165 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:17:55 PM(UTC)
Mercy

MAC OS X
Version 10.5.8
Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

So should I just check back in tomorrow and the following days or will someone contact me via email?

Thank you so much for helping me. As I said, with 170 cartridges I would certainly hate to have to go back to factory settings.

It appears that you have what you need on your computer so if tech looks at this, perhaps they will be able to give us a solution. Check the back on the board to see if there is a resolution. You're welcome and thank you for your patience.BigGrin
dtdddd6 Offline
#166 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 9:44:46 AM(UTC)
dtdddd6

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mercy Go to Quoted Post
Click the below and go to Section 5. Let us know the outcome.

http://main.cricut.com/c...TIPS-FOR-CALLING-PC.aspx

I did the steps there...pushed the 3 buttons, got the blue screen that flashed but it still didn't take the security statement away :( Boo Hoo. I sooooo don't want to restore it and reload all my carts...like 150 of them....

Mercy Offline
#167 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 10:08:59 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: denubug Go to Quoted Post
Hi...I just updated my dd's g....on my Vista pc.as it still gives me the manifest on my g......My dd's g update the cricut synch and air adobe....and got up to date. Turned it on....guess what- Huh it only went to the cricut app....not proceed paat...So as we speak....it is being reformatted.Cursing
As for doing the norton-ccbridge.exe...it still isn't recognizing connection-as I still get the manifest error. I had my g on my dd 's pc-it is stuck on the firstfirmware as it also had choice for content...

Update-my dd's reformatted rather quickly on my vista...and it is now updated with the digital carts -yea Crying )h!(Still need to relink all 70 carts she had finished linked Now I completed the update on my dd's pc-windows 7-and it worked! I even got the Imagine App. updated- GYpsy 0227/0236.Imag.App 0111/Imag F 039..YES.Hand up...I am glad to see all carts I am to own(Flapper )are listed so hopefully I won't need to update until one of my kids are home...as my g still not connects to my vistaHuh

PC needs to know, when your updated your daughter's G, did you also try to update your G on the same computer? Are you connecting to the same account to update both G's or are you going back to C Sync and then signing into your account or your daughter's acct?
Mercy Offline
#168 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 10:12:03 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: dtdddd6 Go to Quoted Post
I did the steps there...pushed the 3 buttons, got the blue screen that flashed but it still didn't take the security statement away :( Boo Hoo. I sooooo don't want to restore it and reload all my carts...like 150 of them....

The solution is to reformat but the other potential solutions are there for those that do not want to restore and reformat as some want to do all they can do to keep from erasing the G. The only solution is to erase the G.

While the G was updating, did you by chance unplug the cable while it was updating or stop it doing the update? Was the G connected to an electrical outlet? Trying to figure out what happened that may have caused the security code so I can pass that along to PC.
DeborahMeyer1 Offline
#169 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 10:27:22 AM(UTC)
DeborahMeyer1

If you're taking about my problem, the Gypsy was always connected to electricity and never unplugged. When I update approx two weeks ago everything went fine. Only when I tried to update this past Sunday did I get a problem. The first time on Sunday while trying to update I let it work for 2-1/2 hours. I posted on the messageboard and someone said that was too long so that is when I stopped the update while it was in so called process. Since then I've gotten everything from booting me out to even one time it was letting me update the firmware and got all the way to the end when it booted me out.
dtdddd6 Offline
#170 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 10:52:21 AM(UTC)
dtdddd6

The solution is to reformat but the other potential solutions are there for those that do not want to restore and reformat as some want to do all they can do to keep from erasing the G. The only solution is to erase the G.

While the G was updating, did you by chance unplug the cable while it was updating or stop it doing the update? Was the G connected to an electrical outlet? Trying to figure out what happened that may have caused the security code so I can pass that along to PC.

The G was always connected to an electrical supply. But I did, once, unplug the cord from the G that goes to the computer while it was stuck...after it had downloaded the updates and installed them. ( when it says do not turn off your gypsy or whatever it says....) I was impatient... It was stuck there for hours so I unplugged it and started over.

I will do the restore sometime today. I'll just suck it up and re-link everything. Thanks for all your help, guidance and patience :)
Mercy Offline
#171 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 11:31:49 AM(UTC)
Mercy

If you're taking about my problem, the Gypsy was always connected to electricity and never unplugged. When I update approx two weeks ago everything went fine. Only when I tried to update this past Sunday did I get a problem. The first time on Sunday while trying to update I let it work for 2-1/2 hours. I posted on the messageboard and someone said that was too long so that is when I stopped the update while it was in so called process. Since then I've gotten everything from booting me out to even one time it was letting me update the firmware and got all the way to the end when it booted me out.

I was posting to dtdddd6, but no problem! :) I will ask this to you, when you stopped the process, did you exit out of sync, or did you disconnect the cable etc? What steps did you use when you stopped the process? :)
Mercy Offline
#172 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 11:33:30 AM(UTC)
Mercy

The G was always connected to an electrical supply. But I did, once, unplug the cord from the G that goes to the computer while it was stuck...after it had downloaded the updates and installed them. ( when it says do not turn off your gypsy or whatever it says....) I was impatient... It was stuck there for hours so I unplugged it and started over.

I will do the restore sometime today. I'll just suck it up and re-link everything. Thanks for all your help, guidance and patience :)

You're welcome and no problem. :)

Did you exit out of sync prior to disconnecting from the computer or did you disconnect without exiting out of sync?
dtdddd6 Offline
#173 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:05:40 AM(UTC)
dtdddd6

You're welcome and no problem. :)

Did you exit out of sync prior to disconnecting from the computer or did you disconnect without exiting out of sync?

I disconnected without exiting out of sync :( But as soon as I plugged it back in, it started over and updated quickly.

Now, today I'm tackling reformatting my gypsy. I answered the questions in troubleshooting, turned off the gypsy and pushed the 3 buttons to get to the blue screen and the bar still says waiting for recovery mode. Only the top orange light is lit and its been sitting like this for 45 minutes. Any thoughts or is this normal?
dtdddd6 Offline
#174 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:11:12 AM(UTC)
dtdddd6

I disconnected without exiting out of sync :( But as soon as I plugged it back in, it started over and updated quickly.

Now, today I'm tackling reformatting my gypsy. I answered the questions in troubleshooting, turned off the gypsy and pushed the 3 buttons to get to the blue screen and the bar still says waiting for recovery mode. Only the top orange light is lit and its been sitting like this for 45 minutes. Any thoughts or is this normal?

Okay, never mind...its going now...yay!
Mercy Offline
#175 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:06:12 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Yeah, that is probably why you got the error as G is fickle! LOL She wants her way and when she does not get it, she throws a fit and ask for security!!LOL When you say orange light, what orange light?BigGrin
Mercy Offline
#176 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:10:04 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Okay, never mind...its going now...yay!

GREAT! So what is the status? :)
dtdddd6 Offline
#177 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:30:03 AM(UTC)
dtdddd6

Yeah, that is probably why you got the error as G is fickle! LOL She wants her way and when she does not get it, she throws a fit and ask for security!!LOL When you say orange light, what orange light?BigGrin

I guess I should have said orange dot on the status screen on the computer as it re-formats.
dtdddd6 Offline
#178 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:38:07 AM(UTC)
dtdddd6

GREAT! So what is the status? :)

Well...since you asked...

The re-format went well, until I left my computer to go run on my treadmill...my internet timed out so everything stopped on my computer. I closed out of the re-format and started over and it went great from there. THANK goodness. I was so afraid to start it over. But, it went smooth and great and fast.
Then I updated again and NO secuity error, but I did get the BRIDGE error...ugh!....but I will tell you that I didn't read the instructions for fixing the bridge error (through the task manager) I had in my head to unplug the G, close out of sync, restart my computer and try again. That's what I did and it worked. No bridge error the 2nd time around. As I was waiting for my that to load, I went and read the instructions on the desktop computer in the house and saw the info about using the task manager. Oops. Anyway, worked for me the other way.
The only thing I don't have now are the free carts. I did the troubleshooting and clicked yes on the cartridge question and re did that, but it still didn't do it. I'll work on that later today. Now, I haven't read everything, but just about Car Decals and the other one. What about those 5 free carts we got at one point too? Blackletter was one of them, I can't remember the other ones right now...
Mercy Offline
#179 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 6:47:58 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Well...since you asked...

The re-format went well, until I left my computer to go run on my treadmill...my internet timed out so everything stopped on my computer. I closed out of the re-format and started over and it went great from there. THANK goodness. I was so afraid to start it over. But, it went smooth and great and fast.
Then I updated again and NO secuity error, but I did get the BRIDGE error...ugh!....but I will tell you that I didn't read the instructions for fixing the bridge error (through the task manager) I had in my head to unplug the G, close out of sync, restart my computer and try again. That's what I did and it worked. No bridge error the 2nd time around. As I was waiting for my that to load, I went and read the instructions on the desktop computer in the house and saw the info about using the task manager. Oops. Anyway, worked for me the other way.
The only thing I don't have now are the free carts. I did the troubleshooting and clicked yes on the cartridge question and re did that, but it still didn't do it. I'll work on that later today. Now, I haven't read everything, but just about Car Decals and the other one. What about those 5 free carts we got at one point too? Blackletter was one of them, I can't remember the other ones right now...

Usually, restarting your Gypsy should return your free carts and if that does not work, then connecting the G to Sync, ignoring the I updates and exiting out of Sync also brings the carts back. If not, then call PC and let us know the outcome.
smcdoug Offline
#180 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 9:18:33 PM(UTC)
smcdoug

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I haven't used my G in about a month. I turned it on today to link TBBM2 and it stated it needed to be updated. I hooked it to my computer and it does nothing. The screen is black with the blue light on. What do I do to get this working again?