Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sharksljr11b26c20 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:20:44 AM(UTC)
sharksljr11b26c20

Groups: Registered

I need help please! When I try to cut with my mini it takes so very long for the image to cut and/or it doesn't cut at all (the blade moves but even though the blade and pressure is at 5 on reg. cardstock it barely cuts through the paper-there are only little holes on the paper--this happens about 50% of the time--but mostly it's the absurdly long length of time with random slashes through the image). I tried to troubleshoot what the problem was so I tried to cut a much simpler image (the original image was from the damask decor cartridge and was intricate) it still took longer than it should but after waiting for the image to cut there was a slash through the text. For example I cut "Joshua" --the "o""s" and "h" was cut in half. It's almost like there is something getting lost in translation between the CCR, the mini and/or my computer. I uninstalled then reinstalled CCR and that did not help. I tried calling the help line and was told that she would try to find out what was wrong and "email me" some sort of solution. I have to admit--provocraft does not have a very good reputation as far as customer service goes and in my experience so far, I understand where they got that reputation. Suffice to say it's three hours later, no email, and I'm not going to hold my breath to get one. This forum seems to be a better resource with some very knowledgable answers--I really don't want to return it-I just want it to work! Can anyone help me?
ajspargur817c3174 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:36:48 PM(UTC)
ajspargur817c3174

Im having difficulty with the print option also. The mat is way sticky and I can't find a setting that will cut without tearing. I'll be interested in the reply to you.
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 5:43:02 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7597 time(s) in 4447 post(s)
My computers have been down for the last three days.

Did either of you find any help (anywhere else than here) with your problems?

If not, come back. Maybe we can try to help you (evidently your posts were missed).

Char
sharksljr11b26c20 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 2:03:59 PM(UTC)
sharksljr11b26c20

I still have not gotten anywhere--tried to cut new images--again-wierd enough--the image is perfect except for the slash right in the middle of it. It's almost like someone took a razor and cut across the image in a perfect diagonal--has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks for any help. I really want to use my machine.....Confused
And by the way--whoever my customer service rep was at the cricut helpline--totally ignored me--never got that email.Mad
carolbryson50432fbe0f Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2012 5:41:32 PM(UTC)
carolbryson50432fbe0f

I enjoyed this for the first two cuts and after that I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS! IT has totally frozen my computer. I have rebooted and rebooted. NOT WORTH THE HASSLE! This will be shipped back to HSN on Monday morning! Angry
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:50:47 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: sharksljr11b26c20 Go to Quoted Post
I still have not gotten anywhere--tried to cut new images--again-wierd enough--the image is perfect except for the slash right in the middle of it. It's almost like someone took a razor and cut across the image in a perfect diagonal--has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks for any help. I really want to use my machine.....Confused
And by the way--whoever my customer service rep was at the cricut helpline--totally ignored me--never got that email.Mad

Did you do the FEEDBACK in CCR? Perhaps that would get an email response quicker than talking to someone on the phone. REQUEST that they email you back in your FEEDBACK and I think they would do that for you. I have always had good luck on the CR lines when I've called--don't know why so many have problems. I have gotten emails back from them, also, on several occasions when I was having a problem. Most of my FEEDBACK is just reporting things that aren't working but aren't critical to my machines/cuts working. BUT, when I have had problems, they have gotten back to me within a day or two. Sorry you're having trouble with that.

I have heard of this problem before; don't know how it got resolved, though. Sorry.

Do the images show a slash in the handbook? I mean, there are cuts that need slashes. BUT, I think you're meaning these are definitely not supposed to be there.

Do the images show a slash on the mat? Is your blade screwed to the housing securely?

Just throwing things out here and not really expecting that anything will work; but, maybe we can hit on something that will.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:53:12 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: carolbryson50432fbe0f Go to Quoted Post
I enjoyed this for the first two cuts and after that I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS! IT has totally frozen my computer. I have rebooted and rebooted. NOT WORTH THE HASSLE! This will be shipped back to HSN on Monday morning! Angry

If you had success with two cuts, what makes you think CCR has totally frozen your computer? There have been a lot of glitches in internet connections for the past week because of all the solar flares.

What kind of computer are you using?
How much RAM do you have on it?
What kind of internet connection are you using; e.g., DSL, Broadband, Dial Up, etc.

Char
monag90953ac2a8ca Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:14:06 PM(UTC)
monag90953ac2a8ca

I purchased a Cricut Mini on Jan 9th, 2011 and I have had the same problem (diagonal cuts for no reason and lengthy time for cutting) with my mini. I called Cricut, took pics of the errors and emailed to them. They replaced my machine because they said they have no idea why it is making the errors it is making. I received my new machine yesterday and it froze up immediately before I could use. The on/off switch and paper feed button stay lit constantly and it won't respond at all.

I called Cricut for help and they are replacing my machine yet again. This is my first Cricut machine purchase and I'm having doubts now if I should have made this purchase.
monag90953ac2a8ca Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:17:23 PM(UTC)
monag90953ac2a8ca

I purchased a Cricut Mini on Jan 9th, 2011 and I have had the same problem (diagonal cuts for no reason and lengthy time for cutting) with my mini. I called Cricut, took pics of the errors and emailed to them. They replaced my machine because they said they have no idea why it is making the errors it is making. I received my new machine yesterday and it froze up immediately before I could use. The on/off switch and paper feed button stay lit constantly and it won't respond at all.

I called Cricut for help and they are replacing my machine yet again. This is my first Cricut machine purchase and I'm having doubts now if I should have made this purchase.
Gina B Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:25:52 PM(UTC)
Gina B

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Dont FRET! try just selecting CUT ONLY! if you select print and cut it will take a long time uploading the images to the mini and it doesnt print so why would you select print and cut! something to think about before you send that machine back!