Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

carykcfac2fde Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 11:29:54 PM(UTC)
carykcfac2fde

Groups: Registered

Mad I have been using my Expressions on a daily basis for the past 2 weeks, about 3-4 hours each day (give or take). Now, when I align the mat with card stock on the left side and press LOAD, nothing unusual happens but when I program my cut and press CUT, the mat tends to either push away from the left guide (meaning the mat then travels over the right guide) or bends up on the retaining wall (pulling away from the right guide). I was using an older mat that had just a little stickiness to it so I began using a brand new mat that I just got off of eBay and the results are the same = the cuts are poor and misaligned. I don't think it is a blade or housing issue. Any help is appreciated.BigGrin
Izzy Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 4:26:16 AM(UTC)
Izzy

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 232 post(s)
There is a raised guide at the base, near to where the blade housing parks itself on the right - are you aligning your mat with that guide?....I had the same problem when I first got my Cricut until I realised that if I slid my mat in using that guide it fed the mat in straight and true - no further problems!...hth...

Izzy
carykcfac2fde Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 11:49:35 PM(UTC)
carykcfac2fde

Yeah, I aligned the mat correctly and hadn't had any problems until the other night. I also change the blade and no difference. I think the roller bar and the rubber contacts are not aligned correctly and one of them is putting more/less pressure than the other one thus the mat had uneven pressure overall and moving/slipping under the pressure of the blade as it cuts. I'll cal Cricut on Monday and see if they can help me out. Thanks for the help.Flapper