Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

craftyimage Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 8:48:37 AM(UTC)
craftyimage

Groups: Registered

I just hooked up my mini to CCR, first Cricut purchase. To cut a Happy Birthday word image, it took over 5 minutes. It would cut a little, the screen would show the icon spinning (as it's working), cut a little more; etc. Is this normal? How long does it take the rest of you for an image to cut?
monag90953ac2a8ca Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:11:34 PM(UTC)
monag90953ac2a8ca

Groups: Registered

I experienced the same issue. This is my first Cricut so I began reading at night about tips and tricks. Somewhere I read that the speed will depend on your computer. I know my laptop is an older laptop so I contributed the lack of speed to the age of my computer. However, having said that, it took less time for it to cut on paper than it did on cardstock. Also, the intricacy of the chosen design plays a factor, or at least that is my experience so far.
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:12:29 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7597 time(s) in 4447 post(s)
Before I got my new computer, I was using WINDOWS XP on my Expression (I still use my Expression on my old computer).

When I had viruses in my XP, I was having all kinds of trouble. My computer was bought in 2004. It only had 512GB RAM; which wasn't all that much. While having problems with viruses (and not knowing I was having a problem), I kept getting CPU Useage 100%. Everything would freeze up after I was on my computer for short periods of time and I would have to get out of everything and reboot my computer. THEN, everything would be okay for fifteen or twenty minutes, then the whole process started over again.

I upgraded to 2GB RAM with these ongoing problems, thinking I needed more RAM. Well, my computer would work somewhat better, but I continued to get the freezes and CPU Useage 100%. So, I downloaded something to check for VIRUSES! Sure enough, I had them. I had downloaded something for FREE that said it would take care of my viruses........which wasn't true. When the program found out what the problems were, they said I had to pay $29.99 to get the viruses cleaned up. I proceeded to call GATEWAY (It's a Gateway computer) and bought yet another software program with them that went through to find my errors (I already had Norton AntiVirus on it; but, unfortunately, Norton didn't catch the Trojans or whatever they were--which kind of ticked me off because I thought that was what I paid for in the beginning. BUT, ALAS, I had to pay another fee to get the viruses cleaned up.

Gateway did get rid of my viruses and I haven't had any problems with CPU Useage since. Additionally, the 2GB RAM allowed me to start using CCR very efficiently along with my Expression. Norton also gave me some tips to clean out files every week or so; I do that faithfully and have zero problems with both my computers and believe Norton has helped me tremendously to help avert problems for some time to come.

Since, I have also bought a new WINDOWS 7; 64-BIT and use my MINI on it (DELL). I have not had any problems with it to date.

WHEN I CUT AN IMAGE ON BOTH COMPUTERS (MY OLD ONE AND MY NEW ONE), it only takes a few seconds to CUT each image on my projects. Of course, it takes a little longer when the images are more intricate; but, I dare say it's usually only ten or fifteen seconds for the largest cuts I've ever done. They always CUT very efficiently, quickly and with very good cuts.

My point is, even if your computer is OLD, it can still work efficiently with PC products, including CCR.

I do have DSL broadband connection.

Have you ever called your company to see if you are getting a good connection through them. My DSL is through AT&T. They can check the line to be sure you are getting the best connection you can. Sometimes there are problems with your connection.

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:15:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified