Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tuplohune Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:05:31 AM(UTC)
Tuplohune

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I have CCR V1.0-build 96; each time I try to use it I am prompted to update to V1.0--build 116. Each time it appears to be updating then I get an error message:
Sorry, an error has occured.
The application could not be installed. Try installing it again. If problem persists, contact the application Author.

Error #0

Any recommendations

Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:28:41 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7622 time(s) in 3558 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tuplohune Go to Quoted Post
I have CCR V1.0-build 96; each time I try to use it I am prompted to update to V1.0--build 116. Each time it appears to be updating then I get an error message:
The application could not be installed. Try installing it again. If problem persists, contact the application Author.

Error #0

Any recommendations

It's possible that Adobe Air is not letting you update. Try going to your Control Panel and selecting Add/Remove Programs. Uninstall both Cricut Craft Room and Adobe Air.

Then download CCR from http://www.cricut.com/craftroom/default.html again.

If it installs you'll be prompted to install Adobe Air again.

Mary R. Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 10:23:18 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 348 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Tuplohune

Error #0

Any recommendations

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
It's possible that Adobe Air is not letting you update. Try going to your Control Panel and selecting Add/Remove Programs. Uninstall both Cricut Craft Room and Adobe Air.

Then download CCR from http://www.cricut.com/craftroom/default.html again.

If it installs you'll be prompted to install Adobe Air again.

Just wondering if Tuplohune was able to get CCR build 116. I ask because I'm having the same problem and I followed these instructions and now I can't download either CCR or Adobe AIR. Both return error Messages. I'm going around in circles. I really, really don't understand why there is a problem just to upgrade to a higher version of CCR. I disconnected my virus software, used adobe air zapper and when I try to reinstall CCR it sends a message that I must have Adobe AIR. What is going on. I'm at my wits end. I need CCR on my desktop so I can use my E2 Wi-Fi and because I should be able to have CCR on my computer. I hate working on my laptop the screen is too small.

Please, please help me resolve this silly issue.

Regards, Mary
Tuplohune Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2011 7:16:34 PM(UTC)
Tuplohune

Nope Mary---It didn't work for me either..Though I do appreciate Narelle trying to help and offering good advice.....I find myself sometimes exhausted at how inconsistent the technology from Provo Craft works. Yes I still continue to buy more FlapperCursing I notice eventually I give up and work around whatever it is. Like the carts that never work on Gypsy no matter how many times I reload them, or despite restarting/reinstalling Gypsy I still cannot change layers at will and I won't be buying E2 cause I am sure I will be the one to have issues. Sad to see my gypsy & CDS collecting dust and now maybe Craft room will and I'll be back to basic Cricut E and my jukeboxes:)

I am willing to try any other suggestions anyone may haveBigGrin I know the ladies/gents on this board and great help and my unofficial PC IT support!
TIA
Sarah
Mary R. Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:13:54 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Nope Mary---It didn't work for me either..Though I do appreciate Narelle trying to help and offering good advice.....I find myself sometimes exhausted at how inconsistent the technology from Provo Craft works. Yes I still continue to buy more FlapperCursing I notice eventually I give up and work around whatever it is. Like the carts that never work on Gypsy no matter how many times I reload them, or despite restarting/reinstalling Gypsy I still cannot change layers at will and I won't be buying E2 cause I am sure I will be the one to have issues. Sad to see my gypsy & CDS collecting dust and now maybe Craft room will and I'll be back to basic Cricut E and my jukeboxes:)

I am willing to try any other suggestions anyone may haveBigGrin I know the ladies/gents on this board and great help and my unofficial PC IT support!
TIA
Sarah

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for responding. I still can't upgrade to build 116 either. I called PC and after an hour of doing this and that, still no resolution. I have many problems...based on input, I remvoed Adobe Air, and Cricut Sync and now I cannot reinstall any of these software packages. Oh, I also used adobe zapper but honestly have no clue how that works it was so darn quick. I can't remove CCR, don't know why. I did a system restore twice.

So desparate was I, I went to MSN support & followed directions to go into my registry and remove programs manually. I was extremely nervous doing this cause one wrong click and my whole system would be gone. Nothing, nothing works. I tried everything I could think of. Now I'm w/o CCR, adobe air, & cricut sync. Darn that upgrade.

Besides all of the above, my E2 is back from PC and it is worse than ever... there are more problems with that machine than why I sent it in, including it won't shut off... Just don't know what to do. I'm calling them tomorrow to hopefully get my E2 to work somehow w/o sending it back again.

Best,
Mary R.

Mary R. Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 9:46:10 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

TIA
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Just wondering if you've been able to get the CCR upgrade? To date, I have had no luck.

Thanks, Mary
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:42:58 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7623 time(s) in 4464 post(s)
May I offer something?

First, what computers are you gals using?

I read something very interesting the other day; if you are using INternet Explorer, make sure you have the latest DOWNLOADS/UPDATES for Internet Explorer for your computer. I read that if we don't keep IE updated, many programs won't run for us. I wasn't reading anything about ProvoCraft or CCR when reading this information, but it made me wonder if everyone keeps their updates installed on their computers?

Just wondering.

Char
Tuplohune Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 12:55:22 PM(UTC)
Tuplohune

Originally Posted by: Mary R. Go to Quoted Post
Hi Sarah,

Just wondering if you've been able to get the CCR upgrade? To date, I have had no luck.

Thanks, Mary

No Mary I never got to update....tried again the other day. I give up. Like much of my provocraft stuff I stopped trying to fix it. I now can't get my gyspy to update and gave up on that to. Each time I try I end up having reset the whole gypsy then have to resynch all my cartridges to it. I just stopped using it. Also will never get the E2 or Imagine b/c of these issues.

Did you have any luck?
Tuplohune Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 12:56:55 PM(UTC)
Tuplohune

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
May I offer something?

First, what computers are you gals using?

I read something very interesting the other day; if you are using INternet Explorer, make sure you have the latest DOWNLOADS/UPDATES for Internet Explorer for your computer. I read that if we don't keep IE updated, many programs won't run for us. I wasn't reading anything about ProvoCraft or CCR when reading this information, but it made me wonder if everyone keeps their updates installed on their computers?

Just wondering.

Char

Thx for the thought. I use google chrome, maybe thats it.
Narelle Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 5:28:01 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

No Mary I never got to update....tried again the other day. I give up. Like much of my provocraft stuff I stopped trying to fix it. I now can't get my gyspy to update and gave up on that to. Each time I try I end up having reset the whole gypsy then have to resynch all my cartridges to it. I just stopped using it. Also will never get the E2 or Imagine b/c of these issues.

Did you have any luck?

Have you tried using Microsoft Fix-it to check your computer? Here's the link: http://support.microsoft.com/ma...m_Install_and_Uninstall/

And here's what it does:

Automatically repair program installation issues that installing or removing program fails because of corrupted registry keys or blocked installation.
What it fixes...

Removes bad registry key on 64 bit operating systems.
Windows registry keys that control the upgrade (patching) data that become corrupted.
Resolves problems that prevent new programs from being installed.
Resolves problems that prevent programs from being completely uninstalled and blocking new installations and updates.
Use this troubleshooter for an uninstall only if the program fails to uninstall using the windows add/remove programs feature.

1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
nenifoofer7b30cee5 on 10/14/2013(UTC)
nenifoofer7b30cee5 Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 2:52:20 AM(UTC)
nenifoofer7b30cee5

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Have you tried using Microsoft Fix-it to check your computer? Here's the link: http://support.microsoft.com/ma...m_Install_and_Uninstall/

And here's what it does:

Automatically repair program installation issues that installing or removing program fails because of corrupted registry keys or blocked installation.
What it fixes...

Removes bad registry key on 64 bit operating systems.
Windows registry keys that control the upgrade (patching) data that become corrupted.
Resolves problems that prevent new programs from being installed.
Resolves problems that prevent programs from being completely uninstalled and blocking new installations and updates.
Use this troubleshooter for an uninstall only if the program fails to uninstall using the windows add/remove programs feature.

Narelle this was awesome and very much the solutionfor me doing a FIRST INSTALL OF CRAFTROOM - The little program worked a treat - identified adobe air as one of a host of possible causes of install failure - I used it to remove adobe air - and voila I now have Cricut craftroom on my windows 8 pc.

Narelle Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 5:57:24 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: nenifoofer7b30cee5 Go to Quoted Post
Narelle this was awesome and very much the solutionfor me doing a FIRST INSTALL OF CRAFTROOM - The little program worked a treat - identified adobe air as one of a host of possible causes of install failure - I used it to remove adobe air - and voila I now have Cricut craftroom on my windows 8 pc.

That's awesome news! BigGrin