Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MalenaKoplin Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 9:01:56 PM(UTC)
MalenaKoplin

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So, does the Mini work with Gypsy yet? I still like my Gypsy better than Craft Room. Don't want to have to tie up my computer and hope for wireless access to use my Cricut.
TheresaCostantini Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:40:41 PM(UTC)
TheresaCostantini

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
My Mini is still sitting on the dining table. Not using it until we get an update to use Gypsy with it. I myself, do not like craft room. I love, love, love my G. Anyone heard how long? Crying Crying Angry
 1 user thanked TheresaCostantini for this useful post.
Sue-Ann on 1/8/2012(UTC)
lovethatbug Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 5:37:24 PM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 228 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TheresaCostantini Go to Quoted Post
My Mini is still sitting on the dining table. Not using it until we get an update to use Gypsy with it. I myself, do not like craft room. I love, love, love my G. Anyone heard how long? Crying Crying Angry

When I called last week, they told me they are still working on it and do not have a date when the Gypsy will work with the mini.
Stacy ((I am waiting as well))
 1 user thanked lovethatbug for this useful post.
Sue-Ann on 1/8/2012(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2011 4:19:24 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6699 time(s) in 2726 post(s)
It's suppose to come out sometime after January 1, 2012.
My guess would be sometime around Jan. 19 since they normally have the updates up around Hello Thursday.

Edited by user Monday, December 19, 2011 4:21:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
Sue-Ann on 1/8/2012(UTC)
ScrappinMamaw Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:23:33 PM(UTC)
ScrappinMamaw

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapbooking_Grandma Go to Quoted Post
It's suppose to come out sometime after January 1, 2012.
My guess would be sometime around Jan. 19 since they normally have the updates up around Hello Thursday.

Just wondering where you heard this.
Karen
MaryScraps Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:12:31 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6699 time(s) in 2726 post(s)
Karen, I called CS.
cc67 Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 2:07:30 PM(UTC)
cc67

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 188 post(s)
From what I've seen online, whatever you create in the craft room can be exported as a G file and saved somewhere you elect on your computer. Then, through Cricut Sync, you can add it to your projects on your G. I'm pretty certain I saw the how-to at www.creationswithchristina.com.

I for one returned my mini to HSN. Read too too many problems with it, and the less stress, the better. I love my G. I do use the CCR with my laptop that's in our den when I want to try something out while watching TV. But even though I've never been able to use the Smiley Card freebie we got last year, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Merry Christmas to all
Sue-Ann Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 12:32:48 PM(UTC)
Sue-Ann

United States

Im a little disappointed with the Mini. Everything I read before I bought it said it was compatible with the Craft Room and with the Gypsy. I've now spent a lot of time this weekend trying to get the G to work with the Mini, only to find under FAQ that it now says they are wating on an update for the G to work with the Mini. :( I do a lot of travel crops with my friends and was super excited to have the Mini as an option insteady of toting around my Expression. I guess this is the reason I have never bought anything when it first comes out.....I waited a year and a half to get the G, even longer to get the E!

Do any of you really think the update will be available this month?

I dont even want to call customer service- I called last week with issues with my password- was on hold for 25 minutes, got a rep- then got disconnected. Called back again and was on hold for 45 minutes waiting and another 20 on the phone because the rep couldnt find my account....

BetsyBoo Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 12:44:43 PM(UTC)
BetsyBoo

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 153 post(s)
My mini went back to HSN, since the gypsy was not working with the mini I could not see a use for it except to take up space, when I do go to scrapbook stores to work they do not have wifi, at least the ones the nationally know ones I go to, and when I took it to school to work with the kiddos I also could not get wifi, and while I dabble with the craft room I too am feeling much more confident with my gypsy and my expression which I LOVE.
Sue-Ann Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 2:08:53 PM(UTC)
Sue-Ann

United States

Originally Posted by: BetsyBoo Go to Quoted Post
My mini went back to HSN, since the gypsy was not working with the mini I could not see a use for it except to take up space, when I do go to scrapbook stores to work they do not have wifi, at least the ones the nationally know ones I go to, and when I took it to school to work with the kiddos I also could not get wifi, and while I dabble with the craft room I too am feeling much more confident with my gypsy and my expression which I LOVE.

I know. I only bought it so I could travel more easily. I dont do any scrapping with my computer- only tried to Craft Room today to see if I could get the Mini to work there-which it did- which made me even more sad that I coudldnt get it to work with my G. Feeling like I am confused. I feel like everything I initally read said it would work with the G and now it doesnt. My only real saving grace is that I didnt pay anywhere near full price for it. Only Paid $68. If I had paid full price this would be back in its box and at the post office already!
Sue-Ann Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:51:55 AM(UTC)
Sue-Ann

United States

Mad Did anyone try the update that came out Thursday? I cant get it to load- it stops at 100% on the loading update screen and never kicks over. If I stop it and load my Gyspsy up- I get to the welcome screen where you have the 4 apps to choose from and the ONLY one I can open is the photo ap. It doesnt let me into Cricut App or Settings, or the Imagine App which I never use becuase I dont have an imagine....Im so frustrated with this whole process. I've tried 8 times to sync the Gyspy for this update never mind the fact that I've been sitting on the Cricut Mini for months not able to use it...
CrafTea1 Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:46:20 PM(UTC)
CrafTea1

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I did update yesterday and it worker fine. After update in cricut apps they have option of 8.5x11" mat. I try small cut and it is working perfectly
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 2:38:58 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sue-Ann Go to Quoted Post
Mad Did anyone try the update that came out Thursday? I cant get it to load- it stops at 100% on the loading update screen and never kicks over. If I stop it and load my Gyspsy up- I get to the welcome screen where you have the 4 apps to choose from and the ONLY one I can open is the photo ap. It doesnt let me into Cricut App or Settings, or the Imagine App which I never use becuase I dont have an imagine....Im so frustrated with this whole process. I've tried 8 times to sync the Gyspy for this update never mind the fact that I've been sitting on the Cricut Mini for months not able to use it...

Sue-Ann - I'm sure you did this, but did you see the STICKY at the top of the forums. Maybe they have something in there that will help you through. I don't know if they do, because I don't have a GYPSY and I didn't go into the STICKY. I'm going to now, to see if there are any instructions. Hope you get everything working soon.

I think I've seen others say they unplugged their GYPSYs after they tried to update and when they plugged them back in, they were working for them.

Char
Delia Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:41:34 PM(UTC)
Delia

Australia

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CrafTea1 Go to Quoted Post
I did update yesterday and it worker fine. After update in cricut apps they have option of 8.5x11" mat. I try small cut and it is working perfectly

Thats so weird..my option for mats is...

12x6

12x12

12x8 1/2

24x12

It used 12 x 8/2 and it still worked...
Have we all got different sizes

Delia

(but it did cut on opposite side the mat..maybe thats why)

Edited by user Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:42:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified