Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

dianerollf Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 5:38:27 AM(UTC)
dianerollf

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)

I've been having all kinds of problems with loading the CCR and my mini. The support tech finally told me to uninstall and run my computer without a virus protection program.OhMyGod That they had issues with running the CCR with virus protection.
Will Iunknowingg thought I had votous protection one time through my sever and it was not a good program and my computer got a trojen vius. I had to pay 200.00 dollars to get it fix. So I know have a protection program on it.

Provo craft shouldn't launch a program that can't be used. They told me to run without a virus program or return my mini.Which would cost me money for fees. What kind of support is that. Very angry at the monent. I bet the head of sale wouldn't like them telling someone to return a product.

How many of yo would run your computer without a virus protection on it. Especially while shopping for things.

Diane
Tina E Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 5:50:34 AM(UTC)
Tina E

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 435 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Run my computer without virus protection??? Not a fat chance in heck! In the world of online, running without a internet security is asking to kill your computer. Just think the $200 you spent cleaning up your computer, ProvoCraft now losses in sales. I am a business owner and that is the way I look at things.

I do not trust any internet site not to have add-ons, viruses, etc. NEVER turn off or remove your anti virus protection. If a company asks you to do that, then their tech support has NO clue and should find another job.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 9:06:28 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 694 time(s) in 361 post(s)
Diane,

Have you tried the following steps in this order?

If you have more than one virus protection, disabling all EXCEPT one of them (I too got a trojan on my computer once even though I have MacAfee and so I keep MS Essentials (Windows Defender) and MacAfee on all the time now. I always disable one of them when using CCR. Both of these are CCR friendly for me, as is Norton.)
Uninstalling CricutSync, CCR and Adobe Air
Running Adobe Air Zapper
Re-installing Cricut Sync and CCR (Adobe Air will install automatically)
Opening CCR (without the Mini hooked up)
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 8:48:04 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7583 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
That chances of you getting hacked within the time you download CCR and Adobe Air (while your anti-virus is turned off) are very slim. Hackers aren't going to be able to get into your computer within minutes. PC IS NOT INTENDING FOR YOU TO GO WITHOUT ANTI-VIRUS AFTER YOU GET YOUR PROGRAMS INSTALLED. You need to go back and turn on your ANTI-VIRUS after you get it setup and get it running.

I did not turn NORTON Antivirus off when I downloaded everything to do with CCR. NORTON did pop up a window and said they didn't "know" whether or not the software was safe and they asked me if I wanted to run it anyway. KNOWING I WANTED TO RUN CCR ON MY COMPUTER AND BELIEVING PROVOCRAFT WAS NOT TRYING TO DO ANYTHING PURPOSELY TO HURT MY COMPUTER, I let NORTON know on the popup that I was okay with PC downloading the programs.

SO, it may be that some anti-virus programs out there aren't as good as others!! AND, they are going to tell you things that make them look good and might even shed negative light on some things you're doing in other programs (not because they are bad; because they want to make themselves look good).

To tell you the truth, I DIDN'T LIKE NORTON FOR A FEW YEARS. I downloaded their software after their first year ran out on a new computer (in 2004) and when I started to install it, the program asked me to UNINSTALL my previous version of NORTON before I downloaded the present software. When I started to get out of that screen to go out to UNINSTALL the old NORTON, my computer CRASHED. I was so mad at Norton, because they wouldn't refund me my money. Luckily, I was able to get my computer up and running by myself (it's a challenge to me that I enjoy doing; learning as much about my computer as I can on my own). For six years, I did not run ANY anti-virus on my computer, except the FIREWALL that was installed when I reinstalled everything from CD's that were given to me when we bought our computer.

WHY DID I GO BACK TO NORTON? At the end of six years with no protection, my computer started running slowly and I had to fight the TROJANS down for about a year. I finally realized I had problems (I couldn't get on the old MB--before the new servers last year and continued to have trouble in the new servers--until I got NORTON to help me get rid of all the viruses in my computer. They also gave me tips on how to STAVE off future attacks, which I do religiously and have mentioned on other posts on other threads, to try to help others keep their computers from attacks.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PC'S PROGRAM, CCR. Many of us are using it quite efficiently and LOVE it!

Im sorry some of you can't get there, just yet. Maybe PC is at fault on some of it; maybe WE are at fault, too.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, December 03, 2011 8:49:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dianerollf Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 11:39:08 AM(UTC)
dianerollf

I don't have notorn. I have bid-defender. We have tried to turned the virous protection off while
instulling the CCR and even before it turned back on it will not load without the error.. Provo Crfat told me to uninstall if from comupter alltogather or just return the mini to HNS. Not happy with their idea of a sloution to the probelm.

If their tech who took hold of my coumpter from a program they had couldn't install it no the driver with the error. So it not what
I or my DH are doing. We are doing everything right and they even told me that. What the heck are they releasing a program for that they can't solve the probelm themslf. Tehn to tell a coutomer to jsur return back the mini because they don't want to be brothered anymore. Wonder what the head of Provo Craft will have to say about that one when I get hold of them.

Diane
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 12:47:41 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: dianerollf Go to Quoted Post
I don't have notorn. I have bid-defender. We have tried to turned the virous protection off while
instulling the CCR and even before it turned back on it will not load without the error.. Provo Crfat told me to uninstall if from comupter alltogather or just return the mini to HNS. Not happy with their idea of a sloution to the probelm.

If their tech who took hold of my coumpter from a program they had couldn't install it no the driver with the error. So it not what
I or my DH are doing. We are doing everything right and they even told me that. What the heck are they releasing a program for that they can't solve the probelm themslf. Tehn to tell a coutomer to jsur return back the mini because they don't want to be brothered anymore. Wonder what the head of Provo Craft will have to say about that one when I get hold of them.

Diane

Diane - Well, I think it's quite fair that PC is taking back the computer (I assume with a full refund).

Nowhere would any company be able to design a program that EVERYONE can use. There are going to be some people who can't hook up to their programs and unfortunately, it seems you are one of them. I WOULD REALLY BE MAD IF THEY CONTINUED TO LEAD YOU ON AND PRETEND THAT IT'S YOUR FAULT. In this case, they were perfectly honest with you.

I'm so sorry it's not working for you; I know it probably sounds like someone rubbing salt into the wound, but that's definitely not what I'm about. I do care that some can't use the program.

I AGREE WITH YOU about uninstalling my anti-virus protection if it were the ONLY anti-virus protection I had on my machine. Perhaps, if it's worth it to you, you could find a FREE anti-virus program that you can install (be sure you know someone who uses that program and actually swears by it; McAfee is supposed to be good, although I've heard negative reports--but, you get that with EVERYTHING--and, sometimes negativeness comes from people who have an AX TO GRIND (not suggesting that in these instances on the MB, but it does happen--we all know it does). I don't know where you're from, so maybe McAfee is out of the question for you and maybe you don't have a computer that will support McAfee. (I don't own stock; nor do I use their program--but, I know family who has and they have liked it in the past). I, personally use NORTON and I love it--didn't at one time.

However, if it is an anti-virus FIREWALL that came on my computer and I had another anti-virus protection that I pay for myself, I would not hesitate to turn off my software's anti-virus FIREWALL and rely on the program I pay for. Which is exactly what I do. I turn off the WINDOWS Firewall that was installed on my computer I bought at Best Buy and rely solely on NORTON. (Previously, I have stated I didn't have to turn off any anti-virus on my computer when I downloaded CCR; but, thinking about it now, even though I didn't do that at the time, my anti-virus was actually already turned off. So, I suppose you might say I COULD have had a problem downloading CCR had it been turned on at the time).

These are my thoughts; hope you didn't mind my throwing them into your thread!

Char

Edited by user Sunday, December 04, 2011 12:51:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 12:59:22 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Diane

I'm back, Diane - Hope you don't mind; if you do, you can just not read this.

I went out to see BitDefender. Let me guess! Did BitDefender send you a POPUP that they would clean out all the errors on your computer and get your computer running FASTER THAN EVER? When I went to read about BitDefender, it reminded me of several popups I got (early this year) that told me they would do these things for me when I was having problems with my old WINDOWS XP. It's working now, but not from a couple of the companies I let SCAN my computer and tell me about all the errors they found and proceeded to charge me money to fix ALL my problems. Neither company ended up helping me; instead I got a CRASH and had to wipe everything out of my old computer and start all over from scratch. I wasn't too happy about it, but NORTON told me they were viruses and I had plenty of them on my computer. I had fought for over a year with TROJANS coming on my computer every now and then; luckily, I staved off the crash for quite a while. BUT, I think the TROJANS came from these companies that wanted to help me. NOW, maybe BitDefender is not a company like that (I hope not, for the sake of your computer), but this is what it reminds me of.

One other thing; we can have viruses on our computers and not know anything about them for months on end. They are searching our computers for information to benefit them; not us. IF YOU DO HAVE VIRUSES, THEY MOST SURELY CAN KEEP CCR FROM RUNNING ON YOUR COMPUTER.

Am I right about how you heard from BitDefender; or, was it an anti-virus installed on your computer when you bought it? I know this is none of my business; just throwing something your way that happened to me.

Char

Edited by user Sunday, December 04, 2011 1:02:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dianerollf Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 2:07:31 PM(UTC)
dianerollf

Boy you are fast if you went out and read all the things on bid defenfer. Once again it was turned off to try and get the CCR downloaded and the mini.

Frist placce I didn't get the mini form Provo craft I got it on the lanch from HSN. So it not provco craft that would be taking it back.

I've never gotten that for bid-defender but I do not have much on my computer so it not running slow. I wouldn't go to a free virus program again because that is what let the Trojen in and I know of other that it has happend to. It was recommeded to us by the computer company that took the virus off. They are very well know company in out town so I don't think they would tell someone to put somthing on thier compter that doesn't work. My compter was compleatly cleaned of any harmful things only about two months ago so I don't think there are any virus on it to stop a program. I mostly only go on the MB anyway.

I differ in your views on provo craft not testing the program. I have spent a lot of money on thier products and I think they should have tested the CCR a bit more then then did before they put it out there.

I'm not asking much from a company I spent a great dealon thier products. Just to be able to use the one they said was free and I bought a machine to use on it.

Windows firewell was turned off also while downloading because you are not supposed to have two programs running the same time on your computer they interfer with each ohter.

Yes if a company is goign to put out a program any company they should make sure if you have all the running requirement they state to have for thier program to work it should work for everyone. Which I was told by the tech mine had.

Trow anything our there I just want to get the program working. SAd to say everyhting you said was already tried.
Diane
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 3:15:20 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Boy you are fast if you went out and read all the things on bid defenfer. Once again it was turned off to try and get the CCR downloaded and the mini.

Frist placce I didn't get the mini form Provo craft I got it on the lanch from HSN. So it not provco craft that would be taking it back.

I've never gotten that for bid-defender but I do not have much on my computer so it not running slow. I wouldn't go to a free virus program again because that is what let the Trojen in and I know of other that it has happend to. It was recommeded to us by the computer company that took the virus off. They are very well know company in out town so I don't think they would tell someone to put somthing on thier compter that doesn't work. My compter was compleatly cleaned of any harmful things only about two months ago so I don't think there are any virus on it to stop a program. I mostly only go on the MB anyway.

I differ in your views on provo craft not testing the program. I have spent a lot of money on thier products and I think they should have tested the CCR a bit more then then did before they put it out there.

I'm not asking much from a company I spent a great dealon thier products. Just to be able to use the one they said was free and I bought a machine to use on it.

Windows firewell was turned off also while downloading because you are not supposed to have two programs running the same time on your computer they interfer with each ohter.

Yes if a company is goign to put out a program any company they should make sure if you have all the running requirement they state to have for thier program to work it should work for everyone. Which I was told by the tech mine had.

Trow anything our there I just want to get the program working. SAd to say everyhting you said was already tried.
Diane

Diane - I do hope you're not taking anything I'm saying on my posts personal; just trying to throw anything I can out there that might be helpful to anyone having problems getting CCR up and running (on your post, yes, but I'm talking to everyone in hopes it will help even one person out there).

I didn't read EVERYTHING on BitDefender, but I read a little and came back with the post based on what LITTLE I did read; so, I want to be honest about that. Sometimes, I JUMP and maybe say things I shouldn't without digging deeper to get all I should before JUMPING! LOL.

I will say that the two "shady, in my estimation" companies that tried to help me with my computer when I was having problems ended up taking my money and didn't help me one bit; I had even more problems. I'm glad you have been working with a well-known company in your area--I agree they are more trusted because most often, we're dealing with them face-to-face in our own areas and it's their reputations on the line if they don't help us and word of mouth in our local towns can be detrimental if they're not reputable.

By the way, is it bid-defender? Maybe I didn't even look at the right anti-virus program, because what I actually looked at was BitDefender.

I hope you get to use CCR soon; but, I understand after all your frustrations that you may never want to at some point.

Char

dianerollf Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 3:38:36 PM(UTC)
dianerollf

Not taking anything personal. Yeah it BitDefender. I just want to get the program up and working. Any help is welcomed. Thanks
Diane
 1 user thanked dianerollf for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/4/2011(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 4:59:33 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7571 time(s) in 3534 post(s)
Diane, you've probably answered this somewhere else, but could you tell me what sort of internet service you are using?

Dial Up
Broadband
Satellite Broadband
dianerollf Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 5:21:25 AM(UTC)
dianerollf

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Diane, you've probably answered this somewhere else, but could you tell me what sort of internet service you are using?

Dial Up
Broadband
Satellite Broadband

It with our cable company. It Broadband.

Edited by user Monday, December 05, 2011 5:22:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 5:32:37 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7571 time(s) in 3534 post(s)
It with our cable company. It Broadband.

Thanks Diane. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't Satellite. Although I'm sure PC would have gone through all of that with you when you rang them.

Hope they get it working for you soon.
dianerollf Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 8:42:40 AM(UTC)
dianerollf

Thanks for the help anyway.BigGrin

Diane
CricketCMV Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 9:12:31 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Thanks for the help anyway.BigGrin

Diane

Diane - Are you here? LOL. Well, you're probably not now.

Would you see what version of ADOBE FLASH you're on?
Also, ADOBE AIR?

Char
dianerollf Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 11:55:05 AM(UTC)
dianerollf

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Diane - Are you here? LOL. Well, you're probably not now.

Would you see what version of ADOBE FLASH you're on?
Also, ADOBE AIR?

Char

My Adobe updates every week. Someone told me to uninstall and had site to get what you need but it told me I already had that version.

Diane
 1 user thanked dianerollf for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/5/2011(UTC)