Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kishadavis20041b8efb8d Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2011 4:30:58 PM(UTC)
kishadavis20041b8efb8d

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/2/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I received my cricut mini three days ago and I have not been able to cut. I finally got in contact with someone yesterday who knew less than I did about the mini. She suggested I minimize my image!!! Excuse me, if it fits on the mat it should cut! After she informed me that they were closed and she will have someone email me today, we got off the phone and I continued for two more hours trying to get this thing to cut. I have installed and reinstalled, updated firmware about a thousand times!!!
I am so frustrated and angry. I have uninstalled my anti-virus software and still can't cut.
After not receiving an email today I called provo craft again. I spent 2 hours and 45 min. on the phone and my mini is still not cutting. The guy even tapped into my computer to see if he could fix the problem. He stated that he "thinks" it's my anti-virus blocking the drivers from installing.
He stated that he was sorry and that they should have done a better job communicating or partnering with the anti virus companies to ensure the programs will install properly!! NO really?

I really want this machine but it might be catching a ride back to HSN!!!
Did anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions??
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2011 5:52:48 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,105
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 16818 times
Was thanked: 7583 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
A couple of questions; if I can't help, maybe someone else can:

1. Had you downloaded CCR to your computer prior to setting up your MINI?

2. If the CS guy suggested you minimize your image, did you at least try that? I mean, obviously, if you didn't have anything outside the valid area to CUT, you wouldn't have to do that. BUT, if you have anything protruding past the yellow edges, your CUT probably wouldn't work.

3. Be sure ADOBE AIR is installed on your computer; CCR won't work with it. Go to: START/Control Panel/Add-Remove programs and when the programs come up on the screen ADOBE AIR should be showing near the top. If it's there, see what VERSION it is on.

4. What Operating System are you using on your computer?

5. Have you ever been able to CUT with another machine in CCR, prior to obtaining your MINI?

Let's see how your answers come back; someone might be able to help from there.

Char
kishadavis20041b8efb8d Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2011 7:42:02 PM(UTC)
kishadavis20041b8efb8d

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/2/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
A couple of questions; if I can't help, maybe someone else can:

1. Had you downloaded CCR to your computer prior to setting up your MINI?

2. If the CS guy suggested you minimize your image, did you at least try that? I mean, obviously, if you didn't have anything outside the valid area to CUT, you wouldn't have to do that. BUT, if you have anything protruding past the yellow edges, your CUT probably wouldn't work.

3. Be sure ADOBE AIR is installed on your computer; CCR won't work with it. Go to: START/Control Panel/Add-Remove programs and when the programs come up on the screen ADOBE AIR should be showing near the top. If it's there, see what VERSION it is on.

4. What Operating System are you using on your computer?

5. Have you ever been able to CUT with another machine in CCR, prior to obtaining your MINI?

Let's see how your answers come back; someone might be able to help from there.

Char

No. The instructions that came with it had me to install the blade, plug the machine into my computer, power on the machine and then log onto CCR.
Yes. I minimized the image, which was already inside the "yellow" area. The image size was on 2.
I downloaded adobe air (the new one) just to make sure and my computer already had it installed.
I'm working with WIndows 7
I just signed on to CCR when I received my mini, so no, I haven't cut with another machine.

Thanks for your help though. This is so upsetting. I did not have this problem when I got my expression... I think there is a kink in programming of this software and anti virus software which should have been checked out first!
 1 user thanked kishadavis20041b8efb8d for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/3/2011(UTC)
diann2000 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2011 7:48:40 PM(UTC)
diann2000

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 5/11/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,679
United States
Location: Michigan

Thanks: 55 times
Was thanked: 988 time(s) in 874 post(s)
Gosh, I sure hope you can get this figured out. I received my mini today but haven't had a chance to open it yet. Hoping I can tomorrow and hoping I don't run into any problems!
Gina B Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 10:19:44 PM(UTC)
Gina B

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 3/16/2011(UTC)
Posts: 106
Location: south holland, IL

Thanks: 75 times
Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 14 post(s)
do you have your ccr downloaded to your computer and are you opening the desktop version> the web version will not cut> it will let you design only> also fyi..... it took me several times to get it but you have to load your mat first then hit cut... and it takes a lil patience to get the hang of it> but it takes a minute for the program to send the cutfile to the mini!!!! it will work>>> just be patient!
Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 3:26:59 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/22/2009(UTC)
Posts: 9,408

Thanks: 679 times
Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kishadavis20041b8efb8d Go to Quoted Post
I received my cricut mini three days ago and I have not been able to cut. I finally got in contact with someone yesterday who knew less than I did about the mini. She suggested I minimize my image!!! Excuse me, if it fits on the mat it should cut! After she informed me that they were closed and she will have someone email me today, we got off the phone and I continued for two more hours trying to get this thing to cut. I have installed and reinstalled, updated firmware about a thousand times!!!
I am so frustrated and angry. I have uninstalled my anti-virus software and still can't cut.
After not receiving an email today I called provo craft again. I spent 2 hours and 45 min. on the phone and my mini is still not cutting. The guy even tapped into my computer to see if he could fix the problem. He stated that he "thinks" it's my anti-virus blocking the drivers from installing.
He stated that he was sorry and that they should have done a better job communicating or partnering with the anti virus companies to ensure the programs will install properly!! NO really?

I really want this machine but it might be catching a ride back to HSN!!!
Did anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions??


Click the below link and follow the below instructions and let us know the outcome. Afterwards, in CCR, make sure Mini is selected as the cricut you are using.

http://www.cricut.com/cr...m%20Drivers%20PDF_v3.pdf

Edited by user Sunday, December 04, 2011 5:45:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lobelia Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 2:03:17 AM(UTC)
Lobelia

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/4/2008(UTC)
Posts: 15
Location: Washington

Thanks: 10 times
I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I received my mini recently and have been enjoying it. Even if you haven't used CCR yet, you need to be sure the Mini is the default machine on it before it will cut your design. There's a list of all PC die cutting machines. I hope you have fun with your mini soon.
Delia Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 8:38:22 AM(UTC)
Delia

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/29/2009(UTC)
Posts: 201
Australia
Location: Australia

Thanks: 37 times
Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kishadavis20041b8efb8d Go to Quoted Post
I received my cricut mini three days ago and I have not been able to cut. I finally got in contact with someone yesterday who knew less than I did about the mini. She suggested I minimize my image!!! Excuse me, if it fits on the mat it should cut! After she informed me that they were closed and she will have someone email me today, we got off the phone and I continued for two more hours trying to get this thing to cut. I have installed and reinstalled, updated firmware about a thousand times!!!
I am so frustrated and angry. I have uninstalled my anti-virus software and still can't cut.
After not receiving an email today I called provo craft again. I spent 2 hours and 45 min. on the phone and my mini is still not cutting. The guy even tapped into my computer to see if he could fix the problem. He stated that he "thinks" it's my anti-virus blocking the drivers from installing.
He stated that he was sorry and that they should have done a better job communicating or partnering with the anti virus companies to ensure the programs will install properly!! NO really?

I really want this machine but it might be catching a ride back to HSN!!!
Did anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions??


I bought a mini for my grand daughter for christmas...and I thought I better update it for her as she doesn't know much about the updates......
It wanted me to update but couldn't because the driver didn't install...
It just would not install the driver..it kept coming up it failed...
So I turned all virus off and defender and tried to search for it..
I went into printers and the install was there..when I clicked on it it said it couldn't install do I want to repair it..I said yes repair ..and it installed the driver...
The mini works beautiful...clean cuts..my grandaughter will love it..and now I want one..It is cute and very lite to carry..good for crops...
I hope this helps someone to get theirs going..Now I'm off to bed it's after 2am..
 1 user thanked Delia for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/6/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 10:45:44 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,105
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 16818 times
Was thanked: 7583 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kishadavis20041b8efb8d Go to Quoted Post
No. The instructions that came with it had me to install the blade, plug the machine into my computer, power on the machine and then log onto CCR.
Yes. I minimized the image, which was already inside the "yellow" area. The image size was on 2.
I downloaded adobe air (the new one) just to make sure and my computer already had it installed.
I'm working with WIndows 7
I just signed on to CCR when I received my mini, so no, I haven't cut with another machine.

Thanks for your help though. This is so upsetting. I did not have this problem when I got my expression... I think there is a kink in programming of this software and anti virus software which should have been checked out first!


kishadavis - Did you remember to go to OPTIONS in CCR and choose the MINI as your default machine?

I'm hoping you have gotten up and running by now; in case you haven't, I just wondered if you remembered to do this in order to use it in CCR.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 10:47:14 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,105
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 16818 times
Was thanked: 7583 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
Click the below link and follow the below instructions and let us know the outcome. Afterwards, in CCR, make sure Mini is selected as the cricut you are using.

http://www.cricut.com/cr...m%20Drivers%20PDF_v3.pdf


I know you mentioned this earlier (referring to my above post to Kisha); but, I thought maybe Kisha may have overlooked to select the MINI as her default machine. That's the only reason I repeated it.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 10:49:04 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,105
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 16818 times
Was thanked: 7583 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Delia Go to Quoted Post
I bought a mini for my grand daughter for christmas...and I thought I better update it for her as she doesn't know much about the updates......
It wanted me to update but couldn't because the driver didn't install...
It just would not install the driver..it kept coming up it failed...
So I turned all virus off and defender and tried to search for it..
I went into printers and the install was there..when I clicked on it it said it couldn't install do I want to repair it..I said yes repair ..and it installed the driver...
The mini works beautiful...clean cuts..my grandaughter will love it..and now I want one..It is cute and very lite to carry..good for crops...
I hope this helps someone to get theirs going..Now I'm off to bed it's after 2am..


I'm so glad you got yours (well, your granddaughter's) up and running Delia!! I think you were having some problems for a few days.

I love that you came back and told how you got yours going, too. Hopefully, it will help countless others get theirs going.

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, December 06, 2011 10:49:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Delia Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 1:37:05 PM(UTC)
Delia

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/29/2009(UTC)
Posts: 201
Australia
Location: Australia

Thanks: 37 times
Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I'm so glad you got yours (well, your granddaughter's) up and running Delia!! I think you were having some problems for a few days.

I love that you came back and told how you got yours going, too. Hopefully, it will help countless others get theirs going.

Char

Yes its the imagine I can't get to print or cut..(thats still the same )..I given up on that for now..but after a hour got the mini to work..Just hope it helps someone with the mini...
Why don't PC put the mini driver in help on craftroom like the others,so it is easier to download...most wouldn't know their driver didn't work...It doesn't mention on the instructions about installing a driver...
It was only when I wanted to cut it kept asking me to update,even tho it kept saying it was updated...
Having had their other machines I just knew it had a driver.. and when I went into printers it had a yellow triangle on it..So I knew it wasn't working..
Delia
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:19:38 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,105
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 16818 times
Was thanked: 7583 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Delia Go to Quoted Post
Yes its the imagine I can't get to print or cut..(thats still the same )..I given up on that for now..but after a hour got the mini to work..Just hope it helps someone with the mini...
Why don't PC put the mini driver in help on craftroom like the others,so it is easier to download...most wouldn't know their driver didn't work...It doesn't mention on the instructions about installing a driver...
It was only when I wanted to cut it kept asking me to update,even tho it kept saying it was updated...
Having had their other machines I just knew it had a driver.. and when I went into printers it had a yellow triangle on it..So I knew it wasn't working..
Delia


We don't question PC! LOL!

Oh, I remember now, it's the IMAGINE you're having trouble with. Sorry. By the way, did you install the drivers for your IMAGINE in the HELP menu in CCR? Just checking! AND, if you only tried to install them once, maybe there was a glitch in the system the day you tried. It might not hurt to try again, if you have only tried once. There have been some quirky times on the MB lately, so that may have affected things going on in CCR. If you do this, I would boot down your computer before you attempt to reinstall anything.

Then, again, someone was saying yesterday they're working on the update for the IMAGINE as they have known problems with it; I hated to hear in the same post, though, they may not have that update until January!!

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:20:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Delia Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:35:14 PM(UTC)
Delia

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/29/2009(UTC)
Posts: 201
Australia
Location: Australia

Thanks: 37 times
Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
We don't question PC! LOL!

Oh, I remember now, it's the IMAGINE you're having trouble with. Sorry. By the way, did you install the drivers for your IMAGINE in the HELP menu in CCR? Just checking! AND, if you only tried to install them once, maybe there was a glitch in the system the day you tried. It might not hurt to try again, if you have only tried once. There have been some quirky times on the MB lately, so that may have affected things going on in CCR. If you do this, I would boot down your computer before you attempt to reinstall anything.

Then, again, someone was saying yesterday they're working on the update for the IMAGINE as they have known problems with it; I hated to hear in the same post, though, they may not have that update until January!!

Char

I'm going to work on the imagine a little today..Yes I downloaded the drivers a few times on imagine..it gets to where you touch the screen on the imagine and then just dead
..not even a error comes up..
I'm hoping it will fix in PC next update...
At least it still works without laptop...
I havent tried print by it's self..I will do that today sometime..It's baby sitting day today..My great grand child...
Thanks for all your help....
Delia
 1 user thanked Delia for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/6/2011(UTC)
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.922 seconds.
nebo-cricut-03