Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cc67 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 5:42:55 AM(UTC)
cc67

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 188 post(s)
If I ever open the box the mini came in and plug it into my computer, will it instruct me about downloading the proper drivers and whatever else I need to get started? Darn thing has been sitting in it's shipping carton for a week and I think I'm getting brave enough to venture into it. I have W-7.

So far I've just been using the web version of CCR to see how it works; haven't downloaded it to my puter. But I see it says V1.0, build 109. Is that up to date and is PC updating CCR to include new Hello Thursday releases as time goes on?

This is not a question, just an observation: If I am able to save a project on CCR to my computer and then transfer it to my G via Sync, do I really need this mini? Oh, guess it is a question after all. lol

Thank you everyone.

DoodleBug2 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 6:06:54 AM(UTC)
DoodleBug2

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 113 post(s)
On the 2nd page of this thread I asked about a manual and Mercy directed me to a site that was very helpful in getting my mini up and running. I had no problems. I do not know about transferring files to the G.

Also, In the CCR forum there is a sticky that helps with CCR.
Hope this helps you a bit!! I am sure Mercy will be on later to help you more.

Oops! The sticky is in the Cricut chat forum. Sorry!

Edited by user Thursday, December 01, 2011 6:11:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cc67 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 3:15:06 PM(UTC)
cc67

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 188 post(s)
TY Doodlebug2. I already have the directions to install the mini printed out, and I've also got printed out some update info that Mercy also added to your post.

Soon I'll be brave to plug that sucker in.
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 2:52:38 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CC67 Go to Quoted Post
If I ever open the box the mini came in and plug it into my computer, will it instruct me about downloading the proper drivers and whatever else I need to get started? Darn thing has been sitting in it's shipping carton for a week and I think I'm getting brave enough to venture into it. I have W-7.

So far I've just been using the web version of CCR to see how it works; haven't downloaded it to my puter. But I see it says V1.0, build 109. Is that up to date and is PC updating CCR to include new Hello Thursday releases as time goes on?

This is not a question, just an observation: If I am able to save a project on CCR to my computer and then transfer it to my G via Sync, do I really need this mini? Oh, guess it is a question after all. lol

Thank you everyone.

In addition to what DoodleBug2 posted, yes, CCR current version is build 109.

When you upload the g files that was created in CCR, once the file is on the G, you might have to tweak the file. CCR gets the carts loaded I think quicker than the G because the G needs an update where the carts I think are added to the cricut.com account in which CCR is linked to that account.

CCR is still buggy to some degree. The below link compares G and CCR.

http://main.cricut.com/c...tween-Gypsy-and-CCR.aspx