Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

dianerollf Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:09:34 PM(UTC)
dianerollf

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)

After a week of tring to load the craft room. I emailed Provo craft and they had someone call me back. They couldn't get the bridge error to stop so they have to go to there higher techs.The ones that designed the craft room.

So I'm going to have to wait for them to get a bug out of it before I can use it. They worked with me for a few hours this morning. So can't say they didn't try to help. It not me it a problemon thier end, in the system somewhere.

I so wanted to make the 3d ornaments.

Diane
Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:51:09 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dianerollf Go to Quoted Post
After a week of tring to load the craft room. I emailed Provo craft and they had someone call me back. They couldn't get the bridge error to stop so they have to go to there higher techs.The ones that designed the craft room.

So I'm going to have to wait for them to get a bug out of it before I can use it. They worked with me for a few hours this morning. So can't say they didn't try to help. It not me it a problemon thier end, in the system somewhere.

Diane

Thank you for letting us know the outcome as we do appreciate it. Hopefully, the bug will be gone soon so you can enjoy your Mini!
Carolyn S Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 4:39:21 AM(UTC)
Carolyn S

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 202 post(s)

Diane

You would think that they would have made sure that the mini worked with CCR before they released it. Just like PC to put the cart before the horse.
Carolyn
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:02:15 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 4432 post(s)
It works perfectly with CCR for many of us; we're using it. Granted, some of us are having problems (I am right now with the cuts, but I'm pretty sure there's a fix for it; just haven't had time to deal with it, as yet). Even though I said I might send mine back, I probably won't. I was frustrated and really shouldn't have posted that on the MB, because I probably won't send it back. I want it to work.

What problems are you having? If people don't come on and give specifics about what their problems are, noone can help on here. Everyone has different things going on in their computers. A few months back, I had viruses in my old computer (now, I have it back and I am using CCR and my Expression on it--flawlessly; I am loving CCR). You can have viruses in your computer for months and months and not really notice it all that much. I had problems for months and dealt with them not realizing what was going on. If we don't have at least 2GB RAM, CCR is probably not going to be very efficient. If we don't clean out our computers from time to time, CCR is probably not going to be very efficient. Our computers (and how many different scenarios do we have out here) are a big component in CCR working for us.

So, it isn't ALL ProvoCraft! It is a huge combination of things that can go wrong with electronic devices. We just have to be willing to work toward a happy ending for ourselves if we want it badly enough.

Can we try to help you with anything? I'm not totally savvy about it all; but, there are plenty of people on here who are and they might be able to help if you can tell them exactly what's going on and give details needed in order to help.

I hope you can get it going soon; because, many of us love CCR. We have had our struggles with it from time to time, too. BUT, we've worked on it until we get the end result we desire.

Char
dianerollf Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 2:33:49 PM(UTC)
dianerollf

It not on my end of the computer.The CCR will not load without a bridge error. Nothing is running or hooked up on the coumpter and provo craft took control of my computer and said there was nothing wrong on my end. I still have no soultuoms and would really like to have the probelm fixed. I have several people at provo craft working on it. At least think they are. It taking way to long.

I'm getting so mad and frustratedAngry Angry Angry

Diane
 1 user thanked dianerollf for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/1/2011(UTC)
Andreamiller1188110b9 Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2012 8:21:54 PM(UTC)
Andreamiller1188110b9

Diane, Did you ever get a solution to this problem? I just got a Mini for Christmas and am having your exact problem. I just followed your thread and was sad to see that you didn't have any results. Am I destined for failure too?

Thanks!
Andrea
Carolyn S Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2012 10:39:27 PM(UTC)
Carolyn S

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 202 post(s)
You know, to be honest, I cannot figure out why anyone would want the mini. If you go to a crop, you have to pack up all of the cartridges that you want to use, your Cricut mini, and your computer. Why not just use a Create or an Expression with the Gypsy? Just wondering.
Carolyn

dianerollf Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 9:47:48 AM(UTC)
dianerollf

Originally Posted by: Andreamiller1188110b9 Go to Quoted Post
Diane, Did you ever get a solution to this problem? I just got a Mini for Christmas and am having your exact problem. I just followed your thread and was sad to see that you didn't have any results. Am I destined for failure too?

Thanks!
Andrea

Solution they gave me was to take virus protection off my coumpter complety. That I had such a good program they had to figure out how to get it to work with it. They said they had no idea when that would be. That not going to happen. I got a tojen vious last yaer from only having windows defender and it cost us 200.00 to get the coumpter fixed. So it a box waiting for them to find a soultion. Way the put out a product that we can;t use is behind me. Know we have spent our money and can't use the product yet.Angry Angry DH said i think we wasted 129.00 bucks. He is not to happy about the whole things. I can't even use the craft room because it will not download in either version. If I had relized that you didn't have to have the mini to use the craft room I would never have bought it in the frist place as I don't go to crops.Sad Sad

Diane
dianerollf Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 9:53:10 AM(UTC)
dianerollf

Solution they gave me was to take virus protection off my computer complety. That I had such a good program they had to figure out how to get it to work with it. They said they had no idea when that would be. That not going to happen. I got a Tojen virus last yaer from only having windows defender and it cost us 200.00 to get the coumpter fixed. So it a box waiting for them to find a soultion. Way they put out a product that we can't use is beside me. Know we have spent our money and can't use the product yet.Angry Angry DH said I think we wasted 129.00 bucks. He is not to happy about the whole things. I can't even use the craft room because it will not download in either version. If I had relized that you didn't have to have the mini to use the craft room I would never have bought it in the frist place as I don't go to crops.Sad Sad

Carylon your answer to your question is. I have the gyspy but I have never been able to get the hang of it. Sad Sad

Diane

scrapalette Online
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 10:25:40 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18400 time(s) in 8176 post(s)
So sorry you can't use your Mini yet. That would be frustrating!

My DH is a computer guy (it's his business) and we have some pretty strong anti-virus programs on our home computers because he also uses his for work stuff and I can still use CCR. Maybe there is a different anti-virus program (possibly for free) that you could run on your computer? I don't know what programs we have but I can ask him tonight.

I think it would be impossible for any software developer to know all the other programs (anti-virus and others) out in the market place that might interfere with the operation of their new program. I think they all test against the most common anti-virus programs and operating systems and browsers.

And, for those wondering, you can link your carts to CCR and only take the small Mini and a laptop to crops.
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 3:47:27 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: CarolynS Go to Quoted Post
You know, to be honest, I cannot figure out why anyone would want the mini. If you go to a crop, you have to pack up all of the cartridges that you want to use, your Cricut mini, and your computer. Why not just use a Create or an Expression with the Gypsy? Just wondering.
Carolyn

I don't go to crops. I LOVE MY MINI. The thing I'm loving about it most is that it's smaller than any other PC machine I've seen and it fits perfectly on a 14"X16" 4-1/2' stand that I have right by our computer table along a wall in our rec room that still looks nice and doesn't look too cumbersome in a room we use daily as a living room. It isn't unattractive in the room. I can use it any time of the day or night I want without any trouble at all. I like having it right next to our computer.

I also have an EXPRESSION on the other side of the wall hooked to our old computer (WINDOWS XP). Unfortunately, I have really neglected my Expression since I got my MINI. Especially since I tried my markers on my MINI the other day and it worked perfectly.

So, while it may not be practical for those of you who go to crops, it's very practical and attractive for some of us who don't crop. PLUS, IT HAS WORKED FROM THE MINUTE I PLUGGED IT IN WITH CCR FOR ME. As the OP said, it's hard for any manufacturer to know all the ins and outs of something new they come out with that interfaces with so many different scenarios in our homes. They can't possibly know how to make it work for everyone "out of the box". They have made strides since CCR first started. They have a long ways to go; but, I feel sure they will get there.

By the way, the CDS would not work on my WINDOWS XP since I didn't have enough RAM. PLUS, I knew that those who owned CDS had been waiting for several years on updates that NEVER happened. CCR answered some of the things others were wanting on CDS. At least, I think it does some things they were wanting. AFTER I UPDATED RAM ON MY OLD COMPUTER, I saw the information PC was coming out with this FREE CCR. I no longer had any reason to buy CDS for $69-$99 ($99 is what Michael's sells it for, I believe; and Walmart wants $65-$69 for it. Why would I want to go out and spend $65-$99 on a program that doesn't have some features that were promised on it years ago when CCR (which is FREE) supposedly answered some of those features?

Char
Andreamiller1188110b9 Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 12:02:57 PM(UTC)
Andreamiller1188110b9

Solution they gave me was to take virus protection off my coumpter complety. That I had such a good program they had to figure out how to get it to work with it. They said they had no idea when that would be. That not going to happen. I got a tojen vious last yaer from only having windows defender and it cost us 200.00 to get the coumpter fixed. So it a box waiting for them to find a soultion. Way the put out a product that we can;t use is behind me. Know we have spent our money and can't use the product yet.Angry Angry DH said i think we wasted 129.00 bucks. He is not to happy about the whole things. I can't even use the craft room because it will not download in either version. If I had relized that you didn't have to have the mini to use the craft room I would never have bought it in the frist place as I don't go to crops.Sad Sad

Diane

Boo! Thanks for the response. I was hoping that was not the result after all of that. Looks like I'm in the same boat. Brand new...and just sitting there. Really frustrating!
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 2:33:13 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Andreamiller1188110b9 Go to Quoted Post
Boo! Thanks for the response. I was hoping that was not the result after all of that. Looks like I'm in the same boat. Brand new...and just sitting there. Really frustrating!

Andrea - Do you pay for an antivirus program on your computer? I use Norton AntiVirus. If you do, there is probably another FIREWALL that was installed on your computer that is running and needs to be turned off. I use Norton AntiVirus and have never had to turn it off on either of my computers and CCR and my machines work good most of the time. I have had only one six-week period I couldn't CUT, between BUILDS.

Char
dianerollf Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 9:10:59 AM(UTC)
dianerollf

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Andrea - Do you pay for an antivirus program on your computer? I use Norton Antivirus. If you do, there is probably another FIREWALL that was installed on your computer that is running and needs to be turned off. I use Norton Antivirus and have never had to turn it off on either of my computers and CCR and my machines work good most of the time. I have had only one six-week period I couldn't CUT, between BUILDS.

Char

After finding out they had put out a update on the craft room and tyring it again and it didn't work they told me to call my antivirus protection support and find out how to install it to get it to run. I did this and they are working with us to try to get the program to work. Know to do what they said I have to wait on DH to have time to help me. I only wish they had told me to do this when I first called them then maybe I could have been using The craft room all this time. I guess it depends on getting the right person at Provo craft support to find out things. Will let you know if we get it to work. Bit-defender is doing a good job helping us. As far as Norton I wouldn't use them again because we were told you had to use windows defender to help you out in catching virus and that what happened when we had the crash of your computer. Some may like it but after having to pay to get my computer fixed I rather be safter.

Diane
Sue-Ann Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 2:18:36 PM(UTC)
Sue-Ann

United States

Originally Posted by: CarolynS Go to Quoted Post
Carolyn

Eventually the Mini will work with the Gypsy and then you just take the mini and the G to a crop. That was my hope when I bought the mini, but was under the impression that it was already set to work with the mini- wasnt until after I got it and couldnt make it work that I found something here on cricut.com saying the update for the Gypsy hadnt been released yet.
CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:35:31 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

After finding out they had put out a update on the craft room and tyring it again and it didn't work they told me to call my antivirus protection support and find out how to install it to get it to run. I did this and they are working with us to try to get the program to work. Know to do what they said I have to wait on DH to have time to help me. I only wish they had told me to do this when I first called them then maybe I could have been using The craft room all this time. I guess it depends on getting the right person at Provo craft support to find out things. Will let you know if we get it to work. Bit-defender is doing a good job helping us. As far as Norton I wouldn't use them again because we were told you had to use windows defender to help you out in catching virus and that what happened when we had the crash of your computer. Some may like it but after having to pay to get my computer fixed I rather be safter.

Diane

I think they pull our leg with all these EXTRAS on our antivirus. I checked to see if I have WINDOWS DEFENDER on my computer and I do; didn't know that. My computer is new. I don't trust that WINDOWS DEFENDER would help me with NORTON; I think if I went to WD right now and ran it on my computer, it would say I have a VIRUS and it would make sure I did. I don't trust it. Sorry, maybe someone else can verify what it does; but, I had a virus on my old computer (it's clean now and I still use it with CCR and my Expression)--and, when I was having problems, a program like WD came up to try to help me with my problems. WHEN I TRUSTED IT AND RAN IT, that's when I had to reinstall everything on my computer, because I was getting all these trojans/viruses taking over my computer. I actually didn't have NORTON then; had not bought antivirus for about seven years up to that point because a NORTON download on my computer crashed me back in 2006 (after I had bought a new computer a year earlier which had NORTON automatically installed on it and I had to RENEW). I was mad when they wouldn't refund my money for crashing my computer and I didn't use any extra on it than what it had on it to begin with--WINDOWS antivirus.

Anyway, after my CRASH, I went back to NORTON online (they supposedly will help me out with any crashes I might have on three computers--and, to me, that's all I need). I do love NORTON today! Who knows, tomorrow.

Char