Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

dotter43f2bd278 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:20:19 AM(UTC)
dotter43f2bd278

Groups: Registered

I have been watching all the comments about the mini and am trying to decide if this is for me or not...

I have the original little Personal Cricut, a Juke box and a Gypsy (which I don't use) plus I have downloaded and primarily use Design Studio on my computer.

1. Would I still be able to use Design Studio and design on my computer or would I have to use the online CraftRoom only?

2.If so, would that mean, if I don't have internet access that I would be unable to use the Cricut mini?

3. If you can use the original Design Studio, is the mini compatible with the Juke Box so that I would be able to use multiple cassettes at a time?

I am weighing the options of why I should upgrade to the mini or not. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
lovethatbug Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:49:54 AM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 228 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dotter43f2bd278 Go to Quoted Post
I have been watching all the comments about the mini and am trying to decide if this is for me or not...

I have the original little Personal Cricut, a Juke box and a Gypsy (which I don't use) plus I have downloaded and primarily use Design Studio on my computer.

1. Would I still be able to use Design Studio and design on my computer or would I have to use the online CraftRoom only?

2.If so, would that mean, if I don't have internet access that I would be unable to use the Cricut mini?

3. If you can use the original Design Studio, is the mini compatible with the Juke Box so that I would be able to use multiple cassettes at a time?

I am weighing the options of why I should upgrade to the mini or not. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Hi. Hopefully I will be able to answer some of your questions.

1. I am not sure if Design Studio is compatible with it or not, I do know it works with Craft Room. You may be able to design something in DS and maybe open it in CR. (not sure though)

2. You need internet access to use the mini with the Craft room, although there will be an update soon making it compatible with the gypsy. With the gypsy, you do not need internet access as it would be running thru the gypsy itself.

3. Not sure about the Jukebox either, I never had one of these so I am not sure how it works.

Personal Opinion:
I have the Gypsy, expression and the Imagine. (and I love all three). I got the mini mainly because of its size. I like that I can just slap of piece of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock on the mat without cutting it down since this is the most common size of paper that I use. I love the Craft room even though there are still a few bugs that need to be kicked out. I really do hope in the future they will make the Craft room available off line, that is really the only thing I don't like. But I do love the mini.
Hope this helped some
Stacy
KEINGRAU Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 10:51:57 PM(UTC)
KEINGRAU

United States

Angry I have had my for 6 hours now and I hate it. I am going to stick with my old one and give this one to someone I don't like.
lovethatbug Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:35:06 AM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 228 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KEINGRAU373bb7af Go to Quoted Post
Angry I have had my for 6 hours now and I hate it. I am going to stick with my old one and give this one to someone I don't like.

Sorry to hear that you don't like it. What issues are you having?
 1 user thanked lovethatbug for this useful post.
KEINGRAU on 1/13/2012(UTC)
MrsH Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 7:44:24 PM(UTC)
MrsH

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If I remember correctly Jinger said during the HSN presentation that Design Studio would not work with the Mini. I have had difficulty finding additional mats for the Mini.
Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 7:53:38 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
The mats can be purchased from cricut.com

http://main.cricut.com/s...tting-Mats-292-1937.aspx
KEINGRAU Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 10:48:25 PM(UTC)
KEINGRAU

United States

I could not get the pressure right for cutting even set on 1 it would still cut all over the place. I did not like the fact that I can only use it online. And there is no place to get the mats.
JenniferOwens5 Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:38:26 PM(UTC)
JenniferOwens5

Mad
I returned my mini to HSN also; I don't like that it doesn't have a display & I HAVE TO BE ONLINE to use it. I wish Cricut would come out with one that does 8 1/2 by 11 with a display so that you don't need special paper OR do an update to the expression so that you can actually pick the size of the paper you are using and not the mat size. I use 8 1/2 by 11 on my 12 x 12 mat all the time but then I can't use the "fit to page" or "paper saver" settings because I do not have a 12 x 12 piece of paper in the machine.

A machine that uses 8 1/2 x 11 with a display would be wonderful and I'd purchase in a heart beat!!!!